Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Tell Geralt I'm putting a contract out on the menu/inventory/book freezing issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

The guy in the lower left is actually one of the wild hunt characters, but he's out of costume- two other wild hunt peeps were here too but not in the picture.

He doesn't seem like nearly enough of a douchebag to be an elf

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"
I seem to have 2 problems. The game keeps minimizing and also my screen saver comes on as well. Does anyone know why?

Other then that I'm loving this poo poo.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Only a couple hours in and this game is a blast. Will probably go down as one of my favorite of this generation. I love tracking beasts!

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I've been having a really good time with the game, just doing sideguests in White orchid, and just finished killing the first Beast.

But i cant figure out how to activate the road signs for the fast travel?? I've clicked on them but still get the "you cannot fast travel from here, you must find the fast travel signpost"

But the signposts all Give me the "fast travel" option when i go to them.

Any advice?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I can't help but turn down the quest rewards from peasants. I am the worst witcher. :smith:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

TheCool69 posted:

I've been having a really good time with the game, just doing sideguests in White orchid, and just finished killing the first Beast.

But i cant figure out how to activate the road signs for the fast travel?? I've clicked on them but still get the "you cannot fast travel from here, you must find the fast travel signpost"

But the signposts all Give me the "fast travel" option when i go to them.

Any advice?

You have to fast travel from sign post to sign post. You can't just open you map anywhere and teleport around.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Here's a message CDPR put in the box.
What I find best is that they genuinely say thank-you. I've never, ever experienced this with game devs.
Naturally, the free content is awesome too.

quote:

Dear Gamer,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your support.
We really appreciate that you have decided to spend your hard-earned money on our game and hope that you will have a fun time playing it. Over 200 of us have spent the last three years working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and it is with gear pleasure and humility that we present our game to you.

At CD PROJECT RED, we believe that when you buy our games, you're entitled to continuous, free support - updates, patches, and bits of new and amazing content. We owe you that for believing in us and purchasing our game. To thank you, we have prepared something really special - 16 DLCs for you to download, totally free of charge, regardless of the platform or edition of the game you own.

We salute you for your support and wish you a fantastic next-generation of RPG gaming!

CD PROJEKT RED

Valar Morghulis fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 19, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I had some issues witht he graphics. At some point all the ground textures suddenly became tiled and ugly. When I come back I'll update my graphics driver and see if that solves it.

If not, anyone had the same problem before?

e: ^^^^
Usually I would say that it's just there for you know, ehhh reasons.
But Project Red has prooven time and time again that they do this with a passion, have the knowledge to do it and actually put as much effort into their game as they say. So that thank you note feels sincere since...well, the entire game is.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It's hard to consider Nilfgaard a threat when its soldiers are more respectful and helpful to just about everyone, Geralt or the people they're conquering, than any Northern ruler.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Simple Simon posted:

I seem to have 2 problems. The game keeps minimizing and also my screen saver comes on as well. Does anyone know why?

Other then that I'm loving this poo poo.

Mine did too, scared the poo poo out of me.

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"

Shoehead posted:

Mine did too, scared the poo poo out of me.

How did you fix it?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I managed to accidentally space through the tutorial tip on haggling prices for your work - can someone let me know if there was any information there that isn't obvious? No entry in the tutorial page or I'd just go check that.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Verranicus posted:

It's hard to consider Nilfgaard a threat when its soldiers are more respectful and helpful to just about everyone, Geralt or the people they're conquering, than any Northern ruler.

Yeah, I'm probably going to flip-flop between the independent north and Nilfgaard quite a lot. Nilfgaard kind of reminds me of the legion in F:NV, only slightly more humane. They can be dicks, but it seems to be for the the greater good.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sheep posted:

I managed to accidentally space through the tutorial tip on haggling prices for your work - can someone let me know if there was any information there that isn't obvious? No entry in the tutorial page or I'd just go check that.

Suggest a price, if it is too high the other gets annoyed, if the annoyance is full you loose the contract.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Michaellaneous posted:

I had some issues witht he graphics. At some point all the ground textures suddenly became tiled and ugly. When I come back I'll update my graphics driver and see if that solves it.

If not, anyone had the same problem before?

e: ^^^^
Usually I would say that it's just there for you know, ehhh reasons.
But Project Red has prooven time and time again that they do this with a passion, have the knowledge to do it and actually put as much effort into their game as they say. So that thank you note feels sincere since...well, the entire game is.

People were saying that updating to the new Geforce drivers fixed that tiling thing, yeah.

edit: this was it, right?

Sostratos posted:

I'm having a strange texture issue that I can't figure out.

The pattern on the ground isn't there for a couple of seconds after I load into the game, but it always pops back in. Any idea what could be going wrong?

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 19, 2015

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Simple Simon posted:

How did you fix it?

I haven't yet, I think it's some of the lovely HP background programs updating

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Michaellaneous posted:

Suggest a price, if it is too high the other gets annoyed, if the annoyance is full you loose the contract.

I think you don't lose the contract, it just defaults to a lower reward.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wait, you can haggle?! When was the tutorial?! :psyduck:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Badly Jester posted:

Yeah, I'm probably going to flip-flop between the independent north and Nilfgaard quite a lot. Nilfgaard kind of reminds me of the legion in F:NV, only slightly more humane. They can be dicks, but it seems to be for the the greater good.

Both sides suck, it's just a matter of which side you tolerate the most. Though yeah even in the books it was hard to care about whether the North won or lost the war. The reason Geralt didn't like Nilfgaard was because they were trying to abduct Ciri.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

It pops up when you get to your first contract. Most likely the wraith at the well. It does not happen for main quests since...well, those are not "witcher contracts".

Squiggle posted:

People were saying that updating to the new Geforce drivers fixed that tiling thing, yeah.

edit: this was it, right?

Thought so, thanks.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
OKay, this game sucked me in. I'm hooked.

I didn't notice the quest list screen with the quest levels. I am barely level 3, and I'm far enough in the story that stuff is showing up as level 7-15.

So I decided to fast travel back to the beginning do some quests and explore. Loving the abilitys and items. I was worried there wouldn't be enough "RPG" to my adventure game and there is more than enough.

Would love a first person mode, though! One that pops out to 3rd during combat.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

poptart_fairy posted:

It came up for me when I was talking to the guy about the well quest. There was a dialogue option to ask about my price, and selecting that brought me to the haggle menu and gave me the tutorial. I'm sure there'll be other opportunities down the line.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The witcher sense mode is really creepy at times. In forests you suddenly hear all those branches and leaves, monsters and wolves, and it abandoned buildings you hear creeks and poo poo.

Spooky.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

There's something kind of amazing about galloping through a forest at full tilt because a bear is running after your rear end with a taste for Witcher on his mind.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

The witcher sense mode is really creepy at times. In forests you suddenly hear all those branches and leaves, monsters and wolves, and it abandoned buildings you hear creeks and poo poo.

Spooky.

Maybe my game was glitching out, but I could always hear the branches being super loud. It got pretty nuts when the wind started up.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Best single player mmo ever.

Do feel really dumb for hoarding sixty of every flower and never using my potions because I didn't know they recharged. Should probably put that in the tutorial

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Are there any reports out there yet of it running on a 750ti?

e: It looks like this guy is running it on an i3 and a 750ti and it looks pretty drat good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bewyyjNvqYE

At 1080p and medium-high settings he's getting a reasonably consistent 30fps. If I can get 1080p and a locked 30 by turning a couple of things down, I'm happy with that.

The game is much more GPU locked than CPU locked. I have an i5 3570k @ 4.2 and a 750ti and I just left it on the default settings the game was at and it's locked to like 30fps

However the game seems to get hardlock and crash happy in menus :\

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
My brother told me you can only hold 4 bombs at a time now? Say it ain't so. I loved rolling around with 20 of each bomb, and alternating between setting people on fire, freezing them, and blowing them up

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just bought this out of nowhere despite not being a huge RPG fan (NV and Skyrim are as far as I've ever gotten) due to the insane reception and loveliness of the graphics. I absolutely adore good world-building in games and this seems to have that in spades, hopefully I can get over the upgrades and casting spells and poo poo. It feels weird being like the only one in this thread who doesn't already know everything about everything.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Best single player mmo ever.

Do feel really dumb for hoarding sixty of every flower and never using my potions because I didn't know they recharged. Should probably put that in the tutorial

Can someone explain this? I haven't been paying attention to potions yet, and I've been picking flowers like mad because Oblivion gave me OCD.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So is there anywhere explaining the specific differences between difficulties?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
So I'm an idiot who didn't understand how to import my Witcher 2 save. The choice at the start where it asks to Simulate a save, does anyone know the difference?

I picked "No" because it was my guess that in doing so I'd be able to pick the choices once I got to that part of the game, is that correct?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

The floating numbers! How?!

I haven't even played the game but all the preview stuff said that's the only part of the HUD you cannot turn off.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Nephrite posted:

So I'm an idiot who didn't understand how to import my Witcher 2 save. The choice at the start where it asks to Simulate a save, does anyone know the difference?

I picked "No" because it was my guess that in doing so I'd be able to pick the choices once I got to that part of the game, is that correct?

Simulate save lets you pick choices in the game through questions that pop up a few hours in. Selecting no, the game randomly picks everything for you I guess.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Philthy posted:

Can someone explain this? I haven't been paying attention to potions yet, and I've been picking flowers like mad because Oblivion gave me OCD.

You craft a potion once, you get a potion item with a certain # of charges (I think the charges are affected by your skills). When you meditate, any potions refill their charges if you have alcohol in your inventory, one per potion that needs to be refilled. You still need ingredients later because most potions have multiple upgrades that require the base potion as an ingredient, but you don't need to hoard flowers obsessively. This system is a little weird feeling at first, but it's effectively cured me of my open-world OCD.

EDIT: Herbs also respawn *really* fast so there's no reason to pick every flower.

Comte de Saint-Germain fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 19, 2015

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

You craft a potion once, you get a potion item with a certain # of charges (I think the charges are affected by your skills). When you meditate, any potions refill their charges if you have alcohol in your inventory, one per potion that needs to be refilled. You still need ingredients later because most potions have multiple upgrades that require the base potion as an ingredient, but you don't need to hoard flowers obsessively. This system is a little weird feeling at fist, but it's effectively cured me of my open-world OCD.

...:byodood:

Suddenly potions are much less of a faff. Just need to find a decent stream of income now for the booze, I guess.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Cool. Good to know going forward.

I'm still going to give in to the OCD.

I have to. I have to pick everything. EVERYTHING.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You craft a potion once, you get a potion item with a certain # of charges (I think the charges are affected by your skills). When you meditate, any potions refill their charges if you have alcohol in your inventory, one per potion that needs to be refilled. You still need ingredients later because most potions have multiple upgrades that require the base potion as an ingredient, but you don't need to hoard flowers obsessively. This system is a little weird feeling at first, but it's effectively cured me of my open-world OCD.

EDIT: Herbs also respawn *really* fast so there's no reason to pick every flower.

If I want to get caught in an infinitely recurring loop of picking up the same ten flowers forever, you can't stop me. I will have all of the flowers. I'm sure I could use them for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Frozen three times but checked and my GPU temperature is <60.