Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadlock
Oct 10, 2005
Can anyone playing the PS4 version tell me about the graphics and performance? My PC will die if I try running this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Also as a fan of the books, I laughed out loud when the first piece of instruction Geralt gives to Ciri during training is "Pirouette".

I swear, learning how to pirouette in the Witcher universe makes you a completely unstoppable badass.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Question about witcher 2: I am like level 5 and I've spent some points on vitality upgrades but I'm saving like 2 or 3 points for other paths, which are locked. Are they unlocked soon? I'm exploring the forest outside flotsam, and have yet to kill the not-kraken.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

redreader posted:

Question about witcher 2: I am like level 5 and I've spent some points on vitality upgrades but I'm saving like 2 or 3 points for other paths, which are locked. Are they unlocked soon? I'm exploring the forest outside flotsam, and have yet to kill the not-kraken.

They unlock at level 7.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Aesis posted:

I put a thick makeup on when I'm hunting foul beasts. Oh and they run down thanks to all the sweat and water.

How soon we forget Ves and her constant :byodame: style eyeliner for battle.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone know where I can find a Dwarven Spirit for the Swallow potion I need for this girl?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Feenix posted:

Anyone know where I can find a Dwarven Spirit for the Swallow potion I need for this girl?

Basically any bar.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face
Do bombs replenish the same way potions do? I'm looking to blow up some monster nests.

Also, what's the easiest way to get cheap alcohol?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Deadlock posted:

Can anyone playing the PS4 version tell me about the graphics and performance? My PC will die if I try running this.

It's been absolutely fine for me. I've seen it hitch once while loading a cutscene I think? I dunno, it looks amazing to me, and it's fun and all that stuff.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Decline posted:

Do bombs replenish the same way potions do? I'm looking to blow up some monster nests.

Also, what's the easiest way to get cheap alcohol?

Yes to the first question. Dunno to the second, I have a ton from just obsessively looting the entire white orchard.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

poo poo bombs renew too? What mats do they need?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Badly Jester posted:

Is anyone else having issues with Shadowplay and the FPS counter not working in this game?

It works if your turn it on in Geforce Experience and you trigger it to show up by some application before launching W3.
It won't turn on (or off, for that matter) within the game.

Broken Cog posted:

I found a bear south of the first town at level 1. That was a hectic 5 minute fight.

The one by the Yrden place of power? Yeah, level 6 bear. Safest place is behind his fat rear end. Heavy attacks only. :black101:

Savy Saracen salad posted:

I think I stumbled into a major bug. I am unable to change signs. I tried quitting and restarting the game and still my sign is stuck at Axi. Whenever I choose something else it just reverts to axi.

Are you by chance sitting on your horse? You can only switch to Axii while riding (and using it will lower the horses fear level, i think).

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Crappy Jack posted:

Also as a fan of the books, I laughed out loud when the first piece of instruction Geralt gives to Ciri during training is "Pirouette".

I swear, learning how to pirouette in the Witcher universe makes you a completely unstoppable badass.

It's especially funny because immediately before that he chides her for catching her sword with her foot by saying "We're not in a circus!" (or whatever the Witcher-universe equivalent of a circus is).

It doesn't on hard and above.
vvvvv

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Was I wrong that I read that meditation allowed you to replenish health and such? It's not doing dick.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Feenix posted:

Was I wrong that I read that meditation allowed you to replenish health and such? It's not doing dick.

It doesn't on the highest two difficulties.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Gishin posted:

Yes. As same as we can make it. Slight variation in gear, shouldn't be that big a difference.

Is there a monster lore component to it? Like he's killed more of them, and rather than boost damage they reduce HP?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

poo poo bombs renew too? What mats do they need?

Various alchemy stuff and monster parts, maybe some metals too? They refresh using alcohol. ( If I actually had the game available right now to look up details I would be playing and not posting :( )

Feenix posted:

Only on the difficulties below hard.

edit vvv You can come back, but some of the sidequests close when you leave if you haven't finished them already.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Is it possible to return to White Orchard? I hadn't finished exploring it when the main quest whisks you away.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

poo poo bombs renew too?

You can craft poop bombs now? Game of the Year every year.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

anatomi posted:

Is it possible to return to White Orchard? I hadn't finished exploring it when the main quest whisks you away.

You can, yep!

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

My collector's edition was delivered today. It's absolutely gorgeous! The box is also pretty huge, it's the size of one of those square atx cases.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Philthy posted:

Yah, dont do this. The game will sit untouched. I did this with some other big game (Monster Hunter something something) a week before I bought a house and I haven't touched it since. You will be busy listening for the house to fall apart or whatever ghosts might be living in the basement for the first month during your spare time.

On the plus side he'll be able to take out said ghosts if he bought the game.

Crappy Jack posted:

That part made me burst out laughing. Meanwhile: During the wall race I tried to let Ciri win because Geralt Dad.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

If you make new bombs with alcohol I think the booze is just for Geralt to slam while working

Contingency Plan posted:

You can craft poop bombs now? Game of the Year every year.

Only one after every high fiber meal though

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I don't think I should have rode my horse up here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRPLrqSrmXs

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Gishin posted:

But yeah, is what was shown in my video about the same as it for everyone else on that difficulty?

That's what it's like for me. For your friend that it takes 40 hits, is your weapon damaged? Maybe his waepon has a lot less health then ours? You guys are the same level too?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

mcbexx posted:

It doesn't on the highest two difficulties.

I'm on the 2nd lowest difficulty. I tried meditating for a hour. I tried Meditation for a day. Neither made my bar move... (that I could tell..)

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

I'm on the 2nd lowest difficulty. I tried meditating for a hour. I tried Meditation for a day. Neither made my bar move... (that I could tell..)

Is your weapon broken maybe?

See if it can be repaired.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Is your weapon broken maybe?

See if it can be repaired.

No. 69% and 90% on each weapon. Why would that affect meditating?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

No. 69% and 90% on each weapon. Why would that affect meditating?

Bah sorry, quoted the wrong person.

I was referring to Gishin and his buddy having the damage disparity problem.

For your problem though, as mentioned the top two difficulties do not regen vitality while meditating. Also, if you're attacked while meditating I believe you don't fully regen either.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Poetic Justice posted:

That's what it's like for me. For your friend that it takes 40 hits, is your weapon damaged? Maybe his waepon has a lot less health then ours? You guys are the same level too?

They checked durability and level already IIRC. It sounds like they've isolated out most reasonable things and it's probably a bug.

Gishin, I would PM the info you've got to comte and maybe he can forward it to relevant QA.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Contingency Plan posted:

There's definitely been a shift in art direction since W2 and to be honest I find the new focus on bright primary colours to be really incongruous with the grimdark and frequently crass setting of The Witcher. It's jarring for a game to touch on super-serious topics like racism and genocide while using a colour palette right out of Super Mario World.

I have a game here that may suit your interests.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Someone was looking for inexpensive Emerald Dust right? Wraiths drop it, there's a few of them on the Hunt a Witch quest (main story).

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
I hear there is a good amount of stuff to do in the first area. Are people sticking around and doing this content, and if so, what's their opinion of it? Can you come back later if you want to see it?

TheStampede fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 19, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I might just not pay close enough attention, but it seems like there is some kind of big disconnect between witcher 2 and the third one. Like, there were people and witches and a dragon but suddenly we are chasing down yennifer and there are suddenly good witchers again?

Really the only thing that seems to have connected it is that the world is going to poo poo and a sorceress hinted that Yennifer is still around

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

On PC, is there a way to display my FPS without a third party program?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

TheStampede posted:

I hear there is a good amount of stuff to do in the first area. Are people sticking around and doing this content, and if so, what's thier opinion of it? Can you come back later if you want to see it?

Apparently you can but some quests disappear?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Stepjan's deck is beyond hosed.

I think I'm going to need a lot more cards.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I might just not pay close enough attention, but it seems like there is some kind of big disconnect between witcher 2 and the third one. Like, there were people and witches and a dragon but suddenly we are chasing down yennifer and there are suddenly good witchers again?

Really the only thing that seems to have connected it is that the world is going to poo poo and a sorceress hinted that Yennifer is still around

I think they stated it's been at least a year since Witcher 2 and the end of Witcher 2 you find out where Yennifer is so it makes sense that you've been going after her and it's taken a while since she was pretty far away.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

m.hache posted:

Bah sorry, quoted the wrong person.

I was referring to Gishin and his buddy having the damage disparity problem.

For your problem though, as mentioned the top two difficulties do not regen vitality while meditating. Also, if you're attacked while meditating I believe you don't fully regen either.

I'm on the second easiest difficulty and have not been attacked once during med.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

I think they stated it's been at least a year since Witcher 2 and the end of Witcher 2 you find out where Yennifer is so it makes sense that you've been going after her and it's taken a while since she was pretty far away.

Also, unless Vesimir was just hanging around South you likely went to Kaer Morhen before heading back to Nilfgard.