Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
So I was looking into learning Kung Lao and checked out the TYM forums and it looks like with the Tempest variation, Kung Lao can link after hat spin (DB1) now? I thought MK wasn't supposed to have links?

You can do B23 xx DB1, 44, into whatever and get about upwards of 40%+ damage meterless. I can't get the DB1 to 44 consistent though. I'm not really sure how this combo works since MK isn't supposed to have links, I don't think. 44 also has 27 frame startup, so I think it's just something with this move.

I dunno, it seems like a bug to me so I'm hesitant to put too much time in the lab working out the timing on it. NRS normalized the other high-damage characters so I doubt NRS buffed this move on purpose. Anyone have more info on this? TYM forums are a clusterfuck to read to be honest.

Constellation I fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Constellation I posted:

I thought MK wasn't supposed to have links?

It's entirely possible for MKX to have links. What MKX lacks are links from normals into other normals without a juggle state or some kind of special cancel. (i.e. D'vorah wasp grenade run cancel combos.)

Edit: yeah that's a hella tight link. My money would be on unintended, but it seems to be corner only so I'd let it rock.

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 19, 2015

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Constellation I posted:

So I was looking into learning Kung Lao and checked out the TYM forums and it looks like with the Tempest variation, Kung Lao can link after hat spin (DB1) now? I thought MK wasn't supposed to have links?

You can do B23 xx DB1, 44, into whatever and get about upwards of 40%+ damage meterless. I can't get the DB1 to 44 consistent though. I'm not really sure how this combo works since MK isn't supposed to have links, I don't think. 44 also has 27 frame startup, so I think it's just something with this move.

I dunno, it seems like a bug to me so I'm hesitant to put too much time in the lab working out the timing on it. NRS normalized the other high-damage characters so I doubt NRS buffed this move on purpose. Anyone have more info on this? TYM forums are a clusterfuck to read to be honest.
MK doesn't have links except when it does. There's obvious exceptions like Scorpion's spear but there's a lot of really arbitrary things that you're just allowed to link after. No idea if that spin link is intended or not but I wouldn't take it for granted that it's not.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Bosushi! posted:

It's entirely possible for MKX to have links. What MKX lacks are links from normals into other normals without a juggle state or some kind of special cancel. (i.e. D'vorah wasp grenade run cancel combos.)

Edit: yeah that's a hella tight link. My money would be on unintended, but it seems to be corner only so I'd let it rock.

You can actually do it mid-screen, so I'm assuming NRS will remove it considering what they did to Raiden. You never know, though.

may contain peanuts posted:

MK doesn't have links except when it does. There's obvious exceptions like Scorpion's spear but there's a lot of really arbitrary things that you're just allowed to link after. No idea if that spin link is intended or not but I wouldn't take it for granted that it's not.

Yeah, I was mostly used to MK combos being: starter -> cancel into special move that launches -> juggle -> ender. Or starter -> cancel into move that causes a "capture state" -> juggle -> ender. So this one's kinda new.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Shad Bros finally won a faction battle. :)

Since I've never been on a winning team before, is there a way to do your own faction's Test Your Might without leaving your faction? The War Tower just had me beating up Ermac over and over in the easiest fight ever instead of doing anything else.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
is anyone else getting account link failed when they try to login to their WBID?

E: Online play on the PC is just so bad ugh. Like i try to do a basic kano 4 hit combo and you cant get the ball to come out at the end.

Holy poo poo.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 19, 2015

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Got my first Quitality :3:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Is Tanya supposed to drop today?

Wonder if the PC version will get it the same time as everyone else :rolleyes:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

man nurse posted:

Unless by massive surprise I doubt it. When Jason got delayed it put the whole release schedule out of whack. Until NRS says something it is impossible to guess.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

man nurse posted:

Wonder if the PC version will get it the same time as everyone else :rolleyes:

One day I will destroy HVS.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Al Borland posted:

One day I will destroy HVS.

Have you considered PMing them through their FB page? I would honestly love to read their reply to you and your undoubtedly kindly worded and warranted frustrations.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AndyElusive posted:

Have you considered PMing them through their FB page? I would honestly love to read their reply to you and your undoubtedly kindly worded and warranted frustrations.

I've asked them on their page where to report bugs etc, they don't respond / care.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
Sorry, they haven't been contracted to respond to their Facebook page. If you'd like them to, they're available for contract work.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The mobile app's busted now too apparently (and not in the way it was already busted that let people exploit it for souls) and Faction Wars is not accessible right now.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Is the Kold War Pack part of the Kombat Pack? Tundra Sub-Zero kicks rear end.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Unbound posted:

Who knows? All I know is gently caress HVS.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
yeah, I couldn't care if the game was literally just scorpion and sub-zero I just want better netplay, getting seriously cucked by HVS

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Please add to the OP.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

No. It's like 4 bucks and doesn't include scorpion.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Fibby Boy posted:

Well, I guess I'll have to buy it. I'm assuming it isn't out yet on PC (Haven't signed into Steam yet).

Al Borland posted:

Who knows? All I know is gently caress HVS.

You are my favorite poster because I have had no issues at all.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Unbound posted:

Well, I guess I'll have to buy it. I'm assuming it isn't out yet on PC (Haven't signed into Steam yet).

Lol,

You're having them you just don't realize it. Netcode is behind, balance is behind, we'll probably end up skins and kombat pack behind.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unbound posted:

I suggest connecting to a game with him and trying.

The one game me and Al Borland played was pretty atrocious.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
If you are an Aussie android user, I was able to download and use the App today. Ran pretty well on my Galaxy Tab.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AndyElusive posted:

TBF single player is fine and dandy minus the balance changes.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

I've played with a couple of goons now, had a KotH that ran well for a couple people. That was more than I could say with Injustice or MK9. Yeah, every now and then the online get's lovely as gently caress, but on the whole I've had a pretty decent experience online.

Al Borland posted:

Lol,

You're having them you just don't realize it. Netcode is behind, balance is behind, we'll probably end up skins and kombat pack behind.

We're a total of what, one maybe two patches behind on those things?

But in honestly, you're right. I don't notice some of these lackings because I don't care so much. I don't go to Fighting Game Tournaments, and as such don't care as much about Frame Data and most balance changes. If my skins and extra content is late it doesn't bother me as much.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So the patch is still not out for XBONE, what gives? Is there some tweet I'm not seeing about this?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Unbound posted:

I've played with a couple of goons now, had a KotH that ran well for a couple people. That was more than I could say with Injustice or MK9. Yeah, every now and then the online get's lovely as gently caress, but on the whole I've had a pretty decent experience online.

We're a total of what, one maybe two patches behind on those things?

But in honestly, you're right. I don't notice some of these lackings because I don't care so much. I don't go to Fighting Game Tournaments, and as such don't care as much about Frame Data and most balance changes. If my skins and extra content is late it doesn't bother me as much.

To me its a big deal because I do, also my first National is on Friday and I really wanted to be ready for it as getting to local places isn't convenient or cheap for me.

God I wish I could go to GGA more often.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Fibby Boy posted:

Well that kinda sucks. I was hoping the Kombat Pass was a season pass for everything. :( Although the Kombat Pass says we're supposed to get a skin pack with each character release, so I guess we're getting even more skins with Tanya. Probably the MK1 ones?

I just played a Raiden earlier today who absolutely wrecked my poo poo. He was so aggressive, I did not know what to do. He just kept hitting his 1,1,2,2 combo over and over and I never saw an opening. When I got some distance, he came right back in with the superman and resumed the pressure.

Combo seemed so safe and I could never find an opening to respond after blocking. It just felt so fast. What's faster than this?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Think we're getting the Brazil pack with Tanya. So look forward to that I guess.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fibby Boy posted:

Think we're getting the Brazil pack with Tanya. So look forward to that I guess.

I expect all Kung Lao players to play Gaucho Kung Lao from now on.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fibby Boy posted:

that would seriously be the shittiest pack to give us. No American wants soccer skins. Gaucho Kung Lao, okay, but the rest of that poo poo? No thanks!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is it weird that I honestly don't give a poo poo about the patch or DLC delay? I only play challenge towers and local MP, so the netcode and balance issues don't bother me, and I'm not getting any of the non-Goro DLC until the Summer Sale at the earliest anyways. I cared a lot more about the game being drat near unplayable due to performance fuckery, which is pretty much fixed now.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Its not weird but it is pretty lovely of NRS to let a bad porting house do a bad port job and gently caress over a segment of the people actually interested in mk.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Al Borland posted:

TBF single player is fine and dandy minus the balance changes.

Except that the performance is still poo poo, it's still leaking memory, the game starts zoomed in if you use a lower than native resolution and you have to kill the game, start back up, then change the resolution again and quiting the game still leaves the process running in the background.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
The memory leak is what's killing me right now. Nothing like finally able to play a couple of games online then have everything grind to a halt and have to start terminating processes just to get my PC back to something functional.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
You can not patch PC with kold war skins, but no other patches to fix the major issues and fuckups :v:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We're apparently getting patches to catch up to console every time a character releases.

Also gently caress dumb costume dlc

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

RBX posted:

We're apparently getting patches to catch up to console every time a character releases.

Also gently caress dumb costume dlc

That isn't... how it should work....

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I think Tanya's actually releasing with the MK1 Sonya, Kano, and Liu Kang costumes. Thought I read that somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Al Borland posted:

That isn't... how it should work....

It is when you're using contractors, and you're paying for each package of work to integrate, rather than how much of it there is. It might be worth directing a bit of the annoyance at NetherRealm and/or Warner Bros., because it's quite possible they're the source of some of these antics.

• Locked thread