Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QauVQRVJw

gamers dying for their cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

+Yeah!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

yeah that's good poo poo, man, but if you wanna be a real gamer you gotta move up to the powdered stuff. Gives you that pro edge

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
*gamer rushed to hospital after getting scoped by some newbz*
nurse: Doctor, hurry! we've got a Code Red over here!
gamer: Just... *wheezing* what I needed...

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
its ridiculous to think anyone should need gamer fuel in order to complete an awesome video game experience. the will to game is all the fuel I need.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I tried gamer fuel OP but my car wont start now :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:coffee:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like pretzels

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
Vita Coco Cafe (Mocha flavor) is my personal favorite gamer fuel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a front page article in today's New York Times about gamer fuel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"At the same time, the gamer culture is spreading more deeply into teenage life. Last year a 14-year-old in Norway collapsed and fell into a coma after reportedly drinking four liters of energy drinks during a 16-hour Call of Duty party at this school."

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

There's a front page article in today's New York Times about gamer fuel.

Oh you fancy huh.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh you fancy huh.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Baja Blast is back, bitches!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

"At the same time, the gamer culture is spreading more deeply into teenage life. Last year a 14-year-old in Norway collapsed and fell into a coma after reportedly drinking four liters of energy drinks during a 16-hour Call of Duty party at this school."

Game with the best or die like the rest.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The earliest known deaths to have occurred while playing video games are attributed to Jeff Dailey and Peter Burkowski who both expired (they didn't die, they expired) while achieving fantastically high scores on the popular arcade title "Berzerk," by Atari.

In 1981, Dailey popped a quarter into the robot-killing machine to score an alleged 16,660 points, his personal best. Moments later, he collapsed and was pronounced dead of a heart attack at the tender young age of 19.

Burkowski died under similar circumstances less than a year later when, after frequenting his local game room "Friar Tuck's" in Calumet City, Illinois for months, he finally pushed himself too far. Shortly after entering his initials on the Berzerk score board for not one but two record high scores, he also fell victim to cardiac arrest.

Both of these men died in a blaze of glory, and with their literal last ounce of life, they entered scores into machines, dying legends and forever being known as the guys who died not only doing what they love, but perfecting it.

Video game deaths aren’t limited to just males in their 20's and 30's.

Anna-Lee Kehoe, a thirteen-year-old girl, was casually talking, hanging out, and playing with her Xbox 360 before muttering, "Mom, I can’t breathe." She suffered a heart attack so severe that she was left brain dead and on life-support.

As Sega did with the Dreamcast, Anna-Lee’s parents decided to pull the plug on the machine, making her one of the youngest video game deaths in history.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

mabels big day posted:

hell yeah :cheers: can't wait to get my mouth blasted with the refreshing blend of citrus and that unmistakable Dew flavor.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Givin posted:

The earliest known deaths to have occurred while playing video games are attributed to Jeff Dailey and Peter Burkowski who both expired (they didn't die, they expired) while achieving fantastically high scores on the popular arcade title "Berzerk," by Atari.

In 1981, Dailey popped a quarter into the robot-killing machine to score an alleged 16,660 points, his personal best. Moments later, he collapsed and was pronounced dead of a heart attack at the tender young age of 19.

Burkowski died under similar circumstances less than a year later when, after frequenting his local game room "Friar Tuck's" in Calumet City, Illinois for months, he finally pushed himself too far. Shortly after entering his initials on the Berzerk score board for not one but two record high scores, he also fell victim to cardiac arrest.

Both of these men died in a blaze of glory, and with their literal last ounce of life, they entered scores into machines, dying legends and forever being known as the guys who died not only doing what they love, but perfecting it.

Anna-Lee Kehoe, a thirteen-year-old girl, was casually talking, hanging out, and playing with her Xbox 360 before muttering, "Mom, I can’t breathe." She suffered a heart attack so severe that she was left brain dead and on life-support.

As Sega did with the Dreamcast, Anna-Lee’s parents decided to pull the plug on the machine, making her one of the youngest video game deaths in history.

F

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want to die doing what i love: staring at a flashing box while making small movements with my fingers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Srirachos. Nachos+Sriracha.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i want to die doing what i love: staring at a flashing box while making small movements with my fingers
I too pray you die jerking off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmao rack em

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

ack!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

drat

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

:thurman:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

nice

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

mabels big day posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wow

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
my favorite gamer fuel is ops moms pu*sy

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Givin posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Givin posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Srirachos. Nachos+Sriracha.

IVE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY TO QUOTE THIS

• Locked thread