Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
3 wins from 8 rounds and we have already played fremantle, sydney & hawthorn

pretty happy so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

Oh and I swapped out Vandenberg for Thompson this week. gently caress supercoach im done.

I put Hogan on the bench and Clark on the field because surely Clark was going to run rampant against the Blues

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I don't think the Bulldogs have the fitness yet to play the manic pressure game plan on the MCG. Give them another year or two

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

NTRabbit posted:

I put Hogan on the bench and Clark on the field because surely Clark was going to run rampant against the Blues

Thats not that bad really, Clark notched an 83 to Hogans 100. As far as disastrous decisions go its pretty small.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

hiddenmovement posted:

There was a port supporter on /r/afl who made a really good argument that Paddy Ryder is the problem. Last year they were super fast by foot because they just let Lobbe ruck all game, and relied on kicking goals through the midfield (which was a lot easier cos they had an extra man around the ball). Now, Ryder and Lobbe are in tandem....but that means one of them has to rest forward. So the forward line is now a lot taller and less mobile then it was, hurting their overall structure. So now it's Schulz, Westhoff, and Ryder/Lobbe instead of Wingrad or someone.

I've heard this as well, he might have been a poisoned chalice :getin:

Daniher looks good when he's playing on a defender more his size. Hopefully he can have a big preseason getting massive and start to really manhandle people next year.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

The Dees can play some attractive football when they feel like it, what was MUYB's toxx again? 4 wins?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

The Dees can play some attractive football when they feel like it, what was MUYB's toxx again? 4 wins?

Four wins, and they have a game against Carlton to come

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Four wins, and they have a game against Carlton to come

And perennial bunnies Essendon :negative:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

I would say the bets of the round are Geelong by more than 40 and St.Kilda at the line.

I'd also have a peek at GWS beating Adelaide. High risk/reward bet is Richmond beating Port. They may have snapped into form yet.

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Don't pay attention to the football for an afternoon and poo poo goes cray-cray.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Periphery posted:

New contender for the worst jumper ever:

It's not my least favourite, but it looks like the back of a playing card.

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:

realbez posted:

I don't think Rioli is to blame anyway, he was best on ground easily. Gunston and Bruest missing routine shots was more telling. Whether we played better or not, we lost, and we are starting to rack up too many losses early in the season to hope for a top four finish.

Plus we had no one on Hanneberry all night.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Not looking forward to my Jimmy avatar.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Tigers in form, Essendon....had a win, 80k at the G on Friday?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Watched the Tigs game at the Great Northern in a post-GABS-post-Good-Beer-Week haze. Was happy to see us get a semi-decent win on the road. I think we might be starting to turn things around. If Vickery is injured I hope McBean can get a few more games.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Tigers in form, Essendon....had a win, 80k at the G on Friday?
Dreamtime's always been on the Saturday. It's Sydney vs Guess Who playing on Friday night.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
80k at the G on friday to watch the end of mick malthouses coaching career?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I would not want to be at the SCG if they had 80k there. Tight squeeze.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Dreamtime's always been on the Saturday. It's Sydney vs Guess Who playing on Friday night.

On the way to the game today some guy sitting next to me with his family was talking to them about this round of footy and then looks at the footy app to check out next week and his reaction was basically "yeah so next Friday night is Sydney vs aww gently caress, well there's another fuckin' Friday night ruined"

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
ha carlton has gone from being depressingly bad to hilarious troll

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So, don't tip Port ever again. Got it.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Diet Crack posted:

So, don't tip Port ever again. Got it.

You are advocating tipping Melbourne next week?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm advocating not tipping at all for the remainder of the season because it's pointless.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

You are advocating tipping Melbourne next week?

They have won more games than port in this month.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The gently caress happened to this round. I was giving 50/50 to a GWS win but Tigers beating Port what the actual gently caress.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Really didn't see port at 13th by this point.. Then again I really didn't see us at 2nd. I'm intrigued to see how our next month unfolds. If we can collect all 4 wins then I'll buy into premiership contention talks.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 24, 2015

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
What is going on?

Anything could happen any round, Fremantle far and away the best team in the competition, Melbourne winning by forty, Ritchmond beating Port at Port, Cats and dogs living together...

I feel like I'm in a parallel universe.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Spacman posted:

Cats and dogs living together...

PANDEMONIUM!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CHAOS BALL

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

CHAOS BALL

They should have never retired that thread title.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's almost impossible to tip a perfect week at the moment. I think there was that bizarre round (round 3 or 4?) where most people got 9 out of 9, but the other rounds, well :psyduck:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

realbez posted:

Not looking forward to my Jimmy avatar.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I'm a pretty big fan of Hogan's confidence/arrogance.

This has been getting some run on the radio:

Murphy was getting stuck into him a bit and said "Next big thing, hey?"
Hogan asks him "where's the bloke you signed?" and points to the bench

Also I hope Dawes doesn't walk back into the side when fit again, Pederson has outperformed him so much it isn't funny. He should really only be getting a game due to injury/managing Hogan at this stage.

edit: Fitz being all over Boyd is pretty funny too.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 25, 2015

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Is it just me or is everyone exaggerating how complicated the new father-son/academy rules are?

Each pick is assigned a points value, you have to match the value at which your player was bid on (with a 20% discount) by downgrading your later picks, with the ability to spend into next years points.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Monday graphs and poo poo. All the bad teams are getting badder. Except Melbourne, who are getting betterer.

Club x Club grid.

(On the coding/design side I'll have to sort out the format since we'll have the first "return" fixture soon. Got an idea or two to try out.)

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Eh I might as well drop the lines early, because look at those first two matchups! But the rest of the round is looking pretty tight.
code:
29.05 SYD 1151 CAR  510  at SCG : 123 -  47 SYD by  76 (97%)
30.05 HAW 1219 GCO  576  at YRK : 138 -  62 HAW by  76 (97%)
30.05 MEL  666 PAD  911  at TRA :  64 -  88 PAD by  24 (73%)
30.05 WBD  756 GWS  856  at DCK :  94 -  92 WBD by   2 (52%)
30.05 RIC  894 ESS  909  at MCG :  78 -  80 ESS by   2 (51%)
30.05 ADE  932 FRE 1198  at ADO :  80 -  95 FRE by  15 (64%)
31.05 BRL  545 STK  546  at GAB :  99 -  87 BRL by  12 (61%)
31.05 COL  947 NME  907  at MCG :  90 -  86 COL by   4 (54%)
31.05 WCE 1110 GEE  953  at SUB : 103 -  75 WCE by  28 (76%)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

Is it just me or is everyone exaggerating how complicated the new father-son/academy rules are?

Each pick is assigned a points value, you have to match the value at which your player was bid on (with a 20% discount) by downgrading your later picks, with the ability to spend into next years points.

Nah, footy fans are just loving dumb.

What I want to know is what happens if we get a situation like with the Bulldogs a few years back and you have two potential F/S players wanting to play for the club? It'd take away from the spirit of the F/S if the club had to pick one imo. I'd be behind clubs only being allowed to choose one academy player but family dynasties at clubs is great for the game and should be encouraged.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Nah, footy fans are just loving dumb.

What I want to know is what happens if we get a situation like with the Bulldogs a few years back and you have two potential F/S players wanting to play for the club? It'd take away from the spirit of the F/S if the club had to pick one imo. I'd be behind clubs only being allowed to choose one academy player but family dynasties at clubs is great for the game and should be encouraged.

Emma Quayle was talking about this on the ABC yesterday, and basically that's why the AFL brought in the option to spend points from the following year, in case you have multiple father son picks you want to grab this year.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

They did end up introducing that did they? Not sure I'm happy with spending multiple years of draft picks in a single season but it is better than nothing I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

More ways for Carlton to hang themselves at trade time I guess.

• Locked thread