Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Autonomous Monster posted:

How are you applying them? Click and drag is how I'm doing it.

I'm using a controller and it's the A button (X button on a DualShock 4 I'm using) I believe and that's how it normally works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

net cafe scandal posted:

Am I putting myself at a severe disadvantage by ignoring Axii completely. I don't think mind control is ethical

Isn't it the lesser evil to "persuade" someone to walk away rather than chopping them into three pieces because they're convinced they can win a 3 on 1 battle with Geralt?

e. Just realized you might be talking about combat and not actually be serious. :spergin:

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Does anyone know how the Witcher 3 is being received in Japan or Korea? I remember some hubbub about Skyrim as a wrpgs vs trad jrpgs.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

theDOWmustflow posted:

Does anyone know how the Witcher 3 is being received in Japan or Korea? I remember some hubbub about Skyrim as a wrpgs vs trad jrpgs.

I recall reading it topped the sales charts in Japan.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/27/the-witcher-3-media-create-ps4/

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I loving love gwent. You come at me with brute force hero cards but i have spies and double horns, and decoys a plenty. im going to chew your bollocks off :mrgw:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

PaybackJack posted:

Just to warn some people, I was trying to finish up my Gwent collection in the post game and found some random shops and such had disappeared. Not sure at what point this happened but there's not even a marker on my map or anything of where the shop is supposed to be according to the interactive map. There aren't any persons in distress in the area so I don't think that's the problem. It's the vendor in Claywich that's not showing up in my post game if anyone can shed more advice on why they might not be there.

Claywich vendor isn't there by at first, more info: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720352&pagenumber=179&perpage=40#post445824407

I've found two merchants who buy crossbow bolts in Novigrad:

On this map: https://i.imgur.com/f0npjsH.jpg

1) Empty bottle seller on the docks, the northwesternmost one on the map

2) Alchemist in the hut in the northeast. It seems this guy will actually buy anything, for full price. :catstare: Shame he doesn't have much money and nothing very worthwhile to buy.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I finally got into Gwent at level 20, and after not liking it a first, it's really cool. Act 1 spoiler Gwent question: The Baron is dead, and I didn't play him for his card. does that lock me out of the "collecting them all" quest?

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Schurik posted:

Act 1 spoiler Gwent question: The Baron is dead, and I didn't play him for his card. does that lock me out of the "collecting them all" quest?

Nah

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Schurik posted:

I finally got into Gwent at level 20, and after not liking it a first, it's really cool. Act 1 spoiler Gwent question: The Baron is dead, and I didn't play him for his card. does that lock me out of the "collecting them all" quest?

You can go into his office and grab the card off of his desk.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Schurik posted:

Nope, go back to his room, there's a chest with his card inside. There should also be a note somewhere that tells you this. (Same applies if the baron leaves instead of dying.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drat you, albedo. :argh: I need it for the superior ursine silver sword but I just cannot find any for the life of me. Tried the alchemists I know of, including the master alchemist, and there's nothing to be found. Irritating.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

drat you, albedo. :argh: I need it for the superior ursine silver sword but I just cannot find any for the life of me. Tried the alchemists I know of, including the master alchemist, and there's nothing to be found. Irritating.

You have to craft Albedo, Rubedo, Nigredo, Rebis etc yourself. Innkeeps have the ingredients for White Gull, which is part of it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Manatee Cannon posted:

albedo is one you gotta make in the alchemy components lab, unless you're talking about the recipe. It may be possible for the component recipes to disappear like the others, that would really suck too. White gull disappears aka you don't get superior potions.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You can get one superior potion if you make a certain decision after finding Ciri. Tell Vesimir that you'd prefer he brew potions and he'll just gift you a Superior Swallow for free.

Aurain posted:

You have to craft Albedo, Rubedo, Nigredo, Rebis etc yourself. Innkeeps have the ingredients for White Gull, which is part of it.

I know, I went to the alchemists to find the formula.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wiseblood posted:

One of the keys you find in the area opens a couple of rooms in one of the buildings. You find a note where you discover the witness you talked to was full of poo poo. Go back to him and he has an item you can use to turn him back into a human. You can at this point choose to let him go or kill him for good.

Where is the key?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Pushing the Emperor's buttons is so much fun. His voice actor has a fantastic "barely controlled seething" thing going on. :allears:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Manatee Cannon posted:

Did you do the sidequest in Skellige where you become some master alchemist's "apprentice"? That's the guy who should have it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

^^ What this guy said.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I found about half the recipes for alchemy substances just wandering around the world. The rest I bought from the druid master alchemist on Skellige.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

Did you do the sidequest in Skellige where you become some master alchemist's "apprentice"? That's the guy who should have it.

I did. I mentioned the master alchemist in my post complaining about it. He didn't have the formula for albedo, although he did have the others.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Archimago posted:

Isn't it the lesser evil to "persuade" someone to walk away rather than chopping them into three pieces because they're convinced they can win a 3 on 1 battle with Geralt?

e. Just realized you might be talking about combat and not actually be serious. :spergin:

I mostly just think the Axii effect looks insanely bad.. but I also don't like those Jedi mind trick options in RPGs. kind of boring.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My big problem with Axii is that like every major decision with it can be replicated with cold hard cash and money is so plentiful it doesn't feel worth saving it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ImpAtom posted:

My big problem with Axii is that like every major decision with it can be replicated with cold hard cash and money is so plentiful it doesn't feel worth saving it.

On the other hand, I like the smug rear end feeling I get when I save a measly hundred coins by waving my hand around. And what is roleplaying, if not letting you feel incredibly smug when you do something ultimately inconsequential?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Hoping the Monday patch also fixes the NPC pop-in/floating drowners (in the air and underwater, they show up before they get animations applied)/missing art assets (lots more floating props than there were before, dunno if Radovid's chair was always levitating over the Oxenfurt harbor since I didn't get to that point in the game prior to 1.04)/chunks of the world map sometimes disappearing/music cutting out randomly/etc. Didn't see this stuff with 1.03.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cephalocidal posted:

Hoping the Monday patch also fixes the NPC pop-in/floating drowners (in the air and underwater, they show up before they get animations applied)/missing art assets (lots more floating props than there were before, dunno if Radovid's chair was always levitating over the Oxenfurt harbor since I didn't get to that point in the game prior to 1.04)/chunks of the world map sometimes disappearing/music cutting out randomly/etc. Didn't see this stuff with 1.03.

The way the announcement sounded, it won't be a numbered patch. They called it a hotfix by name and will be added on to the 1.04 patch for consoles. It'll probably only have that specific bug patched up.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
When were the major DLC releases planned for anyway?

Crappy Jack posted:

On the other hand, I like the smug rear end feeling I get when I save a measly hundred coins by waving my hand around. And what is roleplaying, if not letting you feel incredibly smug when you do something ultimately inconsequential?

I'lll use Axii to calm people down but I feel uncomfortable scamming people out of money, etc, with it (unless they're running a scam themselves....layers!).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I use Axii at every opportunity for that minuscule 40 experience a pop.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poptart_fairy posted:

When were the major DLC releases planned for anyway?

Season Pass is due to start in October 2015

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Do all spoils and loot that you don't pick up persist in the world? Do merchant's stock and coin change?

EDIT: I'm curious as to if I can just leave spoils on the open map to save on space and just pick up the stuff in areas I will never be able to get to again or are hell to get back to again.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 29, 2015

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Do all spoils and loot that you don't pick up persist in the world? Do merchant's stock and coin change?

Things you don't pick up do seem to go away. If you drop something however, that will persist. Merchants do resupply coin after a couple of days but I'm not sure about stock.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Unfunny Poster posted:

Season Pass is due to start in October 2015

Christ, I'll hold off then. This is a fantastic game but I don't see myself playing it for quite that long.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Minor update on the XP bug front:

some dude at CDPR posted:

One more thing regarding this issue. It doesn't affect every quest but only some of them. That's how we know the experience loss is not that big in total numbers.

It will be fixed however. We are also looking into the possibility of gaining the missing XP retro-actively by the players. Can't promise anything here though.

poptart_fairy posted:

Christ, I'll hold off then. This is a fantastic game but I don't see myself playing it for quite that long.

Isn't the DLC from the season pass supposed to pick up after the main quest? I mean, I'll definitely take a long break from the game soon, but that's not stopping me from going back if the DLC turns out to be good.

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 29, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jesus gently caress the combat in this game is abysmal.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Feenix posted:

Jesus gently caress the combat in this game is abysmal.

I think it's a loving blast.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.
I feel like I've played a ton and I'm still in the first Act. How long are Acts 2 and 3 compared to this one?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ice Fist posted:

I think it's a loving blast.

I'm happy for you. I wish I could agree.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Feenix posted:

I'm happy for you. I wish I could agree.

I do as well. I'm curious what you think it so bad about it though. I've been having a ton of fun just running around cutting random monsters in half, throwing superior dancing stars and grapeshots on everything that moves and using my boosted aard to knock over crowds of bad guys. What's your beef?

Edit: To elaborate for those who haven't experienced it yet. Using dancing stars to lower a mob's health and then finishing it off with a grapeshot is maybe one of the most hilarious ways to make everyone's upper body explode.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Terraplane posted:

I feel like I've played a ton and I'm still in the first Act. How long are Acts 2 and 3 compared to this one?

You're comparing 10-15 hours of gameplay with another 100 at least.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

You're comparing 10-15 hours of gameplay with another 100 at least.

I'm gunna ask what might be a dumb question - based on answers to some of my questions I'm very nearly done with this game, yet I haven't seen the kind of Act 1/Act 2 transition as was in game 1. How do people know there are 'Acts'?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Grapeshot is ludicrous once you get Enhanced/Superior. It will just blow human enemies into chunks and stumpy blood-spewing waists.

By the way, in the "Following the Thread" quest, I killed the guy at the end and he had two unupgraded bombs on his corpse, I believe Grapeshot and Dimetrium. They're still in my inventory right now, alongside the Superior versions I already made. It seems like I can just use them at will. Can I upgrade these? Having like 18 Superior Grapeshots would be loving absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

What the gently caress, Reason of State is totally broken.

Nakar posted:

Grapeshot is ludicrous once you get Enhanced/Superior. It will just blow human enemies into chunks and stumpy blood-spewing waists.

By the way, in the "Following the Thread" quest, I killed the guy at the end and he had two unupgraded bombs on his corpse, I believe Grapeshot and Dimetrium. They're still in my inventory right now, alongside the Superior versions I already made. It seems like I can just use them at will. Can I upgrade these? Having like 18 Superior Grapeshots would be loving absurd.

You can't have multiple of the same tier of bomb or potion, but you can have one of each tier. It won't let you make a second superior grapeshot bombs.

Though maybe if you're given one as part of a quest it's ok?