Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

This is pretty much on par for Oroville.

Haha I was just thinking of Oroville today and I was like "drat that's a redneck-rear end city." And then this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

From the Norwegian newspaper Nordske Intelligenz-Sedler:

quote:

Christiania [now Oslo]. Last July 17 in the morning, a man hanged himself here in Agersgaden [street] in a little hay-loft, and in the afternoon thunder struck the same house in which the man hanged, whereby the thunder-ray not only split asunder several parts of both the roof and walls, but also tore off the cord in which he had hanged, so that he fell down. The occurrence is not only truthful, but also very remarkable. It is left to those knowledgeable of nature to judge further.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Snapchat A Titty posted:

From the Norwegian newspaper Nordske Intelligenz-Sedler:

Ripley's Believe It Or Not: The Early Years

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
THE THUNDER-RAY :black101:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Is that the girl in Dead Like Me getting wasted by the space toilet?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Man killed to death - The occurrence is not only truthful, but also very remarkable. It is left to those knowledgeable of nature to judge further.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

syscall girl posted:

Is that the girl in Dead Like Me getting wasted by the space toilet?

Indeed.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I preferred Deadspin's take on this, which was "This Old Motherfucker Named Carl Punched the poo poo Out of a Bear"

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Zombie Boat posted:

Man killed to death - The occurrence is not only truthful, but also very remarkable. It is left to those knowledgeable of nature to judge further.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Zombie Boat posted:

:spergin: Shouldn't it be "Strange News Headlines, Quotes, Articles - The occurrence is not only truthful, but also very remarkable. It is left to those knowledgeable of nature to judge further."?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
No

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

I really need to know the story that led to that photo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Still better than those dudes who just drew all over their faces with sharpies

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

You stay classy, Sandusky OH.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Benway posted:

I really need to know the story that led to that photo.

There was a senior military official who remarked that we were dropping "everything but the kitchen sink" on Vietnam, and the ship on which the pictured plane was based didn't have an extra sink, but they did have an extra commode. Also a had a 'battle E' painted on it.

I may be completely wrong on this, but that's how I've heard it related. Amazing pic, regardless. I'm Army, not Navy, so hopefully some Navy dude can tell us the 'real' story.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

thetechnoloser posted:

There was a senior military official who remarked that we were dropping "everything but the kitchen sink" on Vietnam, and the ship on which the pictured plane was based didn't have an extra sink, but they did have an extra commode. Also a had a 'battle E' painted on it.

I may be completely wrong on this, but that's how I've heard it related. Amazing pic, regardless. I'm Army, not Navy, so hopefully some Navy dude can tell us the 'real' story.

Last I recall hearing it was actually to commemorate a milestone of the amount of ordnance dropped on Vietnam, a pretty high number of pounds IIRC.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

Last I recall hearing it was actually to commemorate a milestone of the amount of ordnance dropped on Vietnam, a pretty high number of pounds IIRC.

A shitton

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

thetechnoloser posted:

Kinda! The Kitchen Sink was actually dropped in Korea:

IIRC the story goes that for the toilet, one of the carriers had a broken toilet that was going to be thrown overboard, so one of the A-1 Skyraider squadrons got a hold of it and fabricated a rack to hold it, along with tailfins and a bomb fuze. Supposedly the "Sani-Flush Special Weapon" came off the rail, nearly hit a Forward Air Controller aircraft that had joined up with the flight to watch, and then turned bowl to the wind before disappearing into the jungle.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I recall reading somewhere that it being extremely... non-standard ordinance, the crew that actually attached the toilet did it without any particular approval by a crew chief, and took pains to make sure he didn't notice it until the plane was launching.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Google search for "A1 skyraider toilet" turned up this website with the whole story.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

:allears:

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Geoj posted:

Google search for "A1 skyraider toilet" turned up this website with the whole story.

Ha. Someone even made model kits.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

No wonder Putin looks so perturbed.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

C.M. Kruger has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Jun 3, 2015

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

The Zombie Apocalypse has arrived at last! Let me go fetch my decapitatin' shovel.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 07:15 on Jun 4, 2015

Lieberhaeschen
Jan 15, 2008
Little by little the terriers make us free!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-slam-through-garage-door-bucket-list-20150603-story.html

It's exactly what it sounds like.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

it does sound pretty fun.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

These are both so cute.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yep. That's where I grew up. And my surprise meter barely twitched.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I'd like to think he saw the builder doing this and saw "C U N" and said you know what I want to see where this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

It'd be more british, t'would if it 'ad no "h" on 'is.