Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I don't want this to die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Jenner posted:

I don't want this to die!

No one does!

Except possibly Crowetron. :smith:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Crowetron doesn't want this thread to die, it's just sleeping.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
C'mon. It's only been three months. You're not a true LP Connoisseur unless you can wait a year between updates both ways up the hill in snow.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
Ooo boy, a new post in the Lunar thread!

...oh.

Never mind.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Taking the Sakura Wars method of LP, I see.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I believe in this LP

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Shinjobi posted:

I believe in this LP

Do not believe in the LP. Believe in the us that believes in the LP!

...Sorry. But I too wish to see this continue someday.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That is not dead which can eternal lie

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

tithin posted:

That is not dead which can eternal lie

But with strange aeons even threads may die. :smith:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Crowetron-sempai, you've got to come back! We miss your humor and updates. :(

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Please make time for this LP in your life. Whenever I close my eyes, I see the Brogan Bromide. Can't you think of me for once?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We're clearly building up to a Lunar 2 / Sakura Wars crossover where first both teams have to fight each other due to a hilarious misunderstanding. Then they unite to fight the ultimate foe which never appeared before and which will never be referenced again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

I believe in this LP

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

RandomPauI posted:

We're clearly building up to a Lunar 2 / Sakura Wars crossover where first both teams have to fight each other due to a hilarious misunderstanding. Then they unite to fight the ultimate foe which never appeared before and which will never be referenced again.

That would great but am afraid that won't be happening until the heat death of the universe.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010
Oh, hey guys. Are we trying to revive the thread with the Power of Friendship? That seems like a pretty Lunar thing to do.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So do we all hold hands now?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Everyone, clap your hands really hard and Crowetron will live!

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

Obviously we need to sing kumbaya.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Pieuvre posted:

Oh, hey guys. Are we trying to revive the thread with the Power of Friendship? That seems like a pretty Lunar thing to do.

Easier than finding where he lives, traveling there, and making him update. *gets out rope and duct tape* Although that's an option.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010

SorataYuy posted:

Easier than finding where he lives, traveling there, and making him update. *gets out rope and duct tape* Although that's an option.

Well, that depends on what you mean by friendship

if you know what I mean

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Pieuvre posted:

Well, that depends on what you mean by friendship

if you know what I mean

Do rope and ducttape factor into that definition as well?

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

Do rope and ducttape factor into that definition as well?

Short answer: yes.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Man. Nerds can be huge loving weirdos sometimes.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

GrizzlyCow posted:

Man. Nerds can be huge loving weirdos sometimes.

When Crowetron is done with his treatment, you're next, buddy.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Crowetron, how can Lucia learn to believe in humanity if the person guiding her just leaves? Way to give her abandonment issues.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
And way to put off Ruby's character development. I bet Lemina is getting tired of telling her to shut up.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Almost 2 months now. Crowetron, are you all right? :ohdear:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

SorataYuy posted:

Almost 2 months now. Crowetron, are you all right? :ohdear:

He's posted yesterday. He's around, he's just abandoned the LP. There's not really any point in bumping something he has no desire to finish.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Such a shame that this will never be archived. There's so much gold here.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
What's the policy on letting other people taking over for someone who isn't going to finish an LP themselves? We could always get someone else to continue it.

I'd offer to do it, but I don't trust myself to finish any more than I do Crowetron. Plus my type of humor is the kind that's really only funny to myself. :smith:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Just do it. There are already a number of them having someone else do low level runs or stuff the OP just can't do with the current game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Do as the great sage Shia Lebouf insists.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Thirded. This thread is too awesome to just let die without it being finished, especially since there's only like a quarter of the game left.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Well, I suppose I could make a test run and see if people want me to take over after that. It might not be as good as his work; I certainly think I'm funny, but then again, annoying jackasses usually think they are. :negative:

Problem is that a quick glance at my old files shows I have two save files; one shortly after Lemina joins, and one at the endgame (I have an annoying tendency to get bored near the end of a game and start a new game on something else; that's kinda why I'm not confident in my ability to finish an LP). And it's about time for me to get to sleep for my afternoon work shift (and it's a Sun-Thurs shift, so there's 3 more days after that). I'll work on making some progress up to where Crowetron was at, and if he has no problem with me taking over (either by granting his approval or remaining silent and confirming his apathy), I could have something by Friday or Saturday.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

*cracks knuckles* Alright, I decided to force myself to do this for the sake of the thread and my conscience.

So I meant to make this for Pimp's L2 LP but I never got around to it. I could never take the Sega CD's version of in-game cutscenes seriously cuz the characters kept gyrating while they got super melodramatic.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Oh man this thread has to get archived somehow because that is fantastic.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
So, minor update for those who wanted someone to take over (and I agreed to so because I was intimidated into it by peer pressure :ohdear:), one bit of good news is that I'm finally up to where Crowetron left off. On the negative side though, I'd still have to get everything set up and figured out (which is what most LPers handle BEFORE making their LP thread, I'm guessing).

-I'd need to get character portraits and organize them. Is there a site for that or will I have to find a way to rip them off the iso disc I'm using?
-I'd need to figure out how I'm going to handle videos. Same questions as above, with an extra twist of how I'm going to handle it ahead of time. The primary problem is my ISP, CenturyLink, which apparently has just about the worst upload rate in the country (I tried uploading a few videos for my Solo Dragoon challenge in the FFV Solo Omnithread; a 1-minute video took 7 hours, while an 8-minute fight took about 13). I'd go entirely screenshot, but there are some bits that NEED to be seen in video form to get the full impact. One option would be to simply link to an account that already has them uploaded, but I don't know if that's cool.
-I should probably reread Crowetron's work to see if he missed anything that I want to comment on, or at least some of the more recent ones. I know he missed a few secrets and at least one bromide.
-And of course I'd need to find time to actually write up an update. I work full time with a 20-minute commute, and even worse I'm losing that job on Oct. 4 because the company is shutting down my work location to "centralize operations" (translation: fund a board payraise), so job hunting will become a priority as that date approaches. Can't update without things like electricity, internet service, or a home, after all.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Okay, maybe this disaster-in-waiting is better off stopping before it starts.

It was a good LP that should have finished but didn't, give a 40-gun salute and let it sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Oxxidation posted:

Okay, maybe this disaster-in-waiting is better off stopping before it starts.

It was a good LP that should have finished but didn't, give a 40-gun salute and let it sink.

*shrug* Not an unreasonable suggestion. It'd probably be best if Crowetron came back to do continue the LP himself, but if he doesn't want to bother, then there's no helping it. Perhaps he'll come back some day if we keep it active, or maybe he could even bring it back (is that a thing that happens? I recall some people mentioning in the Drakengard 3 thread that TDI's FFX LP could get brought out of the archives, though perhaps I misunderstood and he'd simply have to start a new thread).

I'm probably not well set up to do a proper LP anyway, given that I'm on a cheap computer with a barebones graphics card and an aforementioned crappy service provider and a distinct lack of free time. If other people want to see me make a go of it anyway, I can certainly try, but I make no promises to the quality.

• Locked thread