Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Skoal is synonymous with 80's redneck culture, and as such they were widespread as a racing sponsor. Mods in the 80's and the Outlaws were both run under the title sponsor of Skoal Bandit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

VikingSkull posted:

Skoal is synonymous with 80's redneck culture, and as such they were widespread as a racing sponsor. Mods in the 80's and the Outlaws were both run under the title sponsor of Skoal Bandit

Also

And hella others I'm sure I'm forgetting. RIP tobacco sponsor tidal wave of money. :(

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
tobacco liveries were always the best

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Skoal in the 80's were next level, though. Imagine you're going into a dirt track at dusk as a 7 year old to see THE OUTLAWS and that logo is front and center

poo poo was impressive

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Is anyone here familiar with tracks in New England? I just moved to New Hampshire, near the Massachusetts border, are there any good tracks around here or am I out of luck?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Dynamite Dog posted:

Is anyone here familiar with tracks in New England? I just moved to New Hampshire, near the Massachusetts border, are there any good tracks around here or am I out of luck?

It's a bit of a drive for you, but I went to the Lebanon Valley dirt track last year (I think it was VikingSkull who recommended it) and it was great.

On that note, can anyone recommend a good tent campground near Lebanon Valley? I'd like to do a camping trip near a race this Summer.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I never camped up there, it's only like an hour from me so I just drive up and back. Yeah, though, Lebanon Valley is a good dirt track, probably the closest one of those to you. Then you got Stafford and Thompson in CT for regional touring series, and of course NHIS.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: TRUCKS! :siren: Now!

NO BUSCHWACKERS. :dogbutton:

e- JJ Cobb is mad, and rightfully so. Unfortunately, NASCAR is probably going to fine the piss out of her for that based on The Carl Long Principle.

...hard to tell if she was loose off and went around on her own or if Reddick got her or if it was a combination of the two, but the end result is a wrecked truck.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 29, 2015

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Dynamite Dog posted:

I'm not too familiar with dirt tracks in the area, but I am pretty sure they do exist, but, you're in a pretty sweet spot. Star Speedway, Lee USA Speedway, Monadnock Speedway, Twin State Speedway, New England Dragway, and of course New Hampshire Motor Speedway are all in New Hampshire, and there may be more that I don't know about. Thompson Speedway, The Waterford Speedbowl, Stafford Speedway and Limerock are all in Connecticut and there could be more there too. Seekonk Speedway is in Massachusetts though it is practically in Rhode Island. I'm Sure VT has tracks too but I've never been to/heard of any of them.

I run around with a friend of mine and race mini-modifieds in the New England Pro 4 Modified Series and go to almost all those places. I've never been to Limerock, the dragway, NHMS, the Speedbowl or Twinstate but we will be going to Twinstate and Waterford Speedbowl this year with the Pro 4 series. We will be at Star Speedway this weekend and Monadnock next weekend. We also raced Late Models at Seekonk for like 5 or 6 years in the weekly racing series at that track which was fun but it does get kind of grueling week in and week out.

All of those tracks are easily accessible from where you are. We are based out of Massachusetts and some of the tracks are like 3.5 hrs away but we do go to all of them. Not sure about Twin State yet, it might be more like 4 or 4.5 hrs since it is north of Concord, NH and far enough west that it is on the border with VT. But this series usually does one big travel weekend a season. Last year was Bethel Speedway in southwest NY practically in PA.

So TLDR there are tons of tracks near you, just depends on how far you wanna go. Also if you aren't afraid of weird internet dudes and go to a track and get a pit pass while the New England Pro 4's are there and stop by the #93 and find the heavier guy with glasses I'll be more than happy to show you around the car and introduce you to my buddy that drives and all that good poo poo.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 29, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I read elsewhere that the 10 was miserably slow in practice. There's not much room to get out of the way at Dover, so sometimes you'll have that.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

SRA having a good run

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

gently caress, I'm sorry I jinxed you buddy.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

anotherblownsave posted:

SRA having a good run

now look what youve done

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

anotherblownsave posted:

SRA having a good run

Way to go

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

I said sorry :( I left the room for one second I come back to see him go around :(

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

anotherblownsave posted:

I said sorry :( I left the room for one second I come back to see him go around :(

BAN

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Eric Jones looks like he's tearing up in his interview, Kid thinks he's hot poo poo for winning a few truck and xfinity races.

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

VikingSkull posted:

Skoal in the 80's were next level, though. Imagine you're going into a dirt track at dusk as a 7 year old to see THE OUTLAWS and that logo is front and center

poo poo was impressive

Found this in a drawer a while back, now proudly resides on my wing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

bigbillystyle posted:

Last year was Bethel Speedway in southwest NY practically in PA.

Hit me up if you guys go again, I'll come say hi. Bethel is tied with Accord for second closest track to me. How is that place anyway, I heard it's a shithole.

Outlaw Mailman posted:

Found this in a drawer a while back, now proudly resides on my wing.

Awesome, and IIRC that was a summer mini-series of televised races, wasn't it?

Usually started like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQuM2TQbV0

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

Hit me up if you guys go again, I'll come say hi. Bethel is tied with Accord for second closest track to me. How is that place anyway, I heard it's a shithole

I actually didn't make the trip that weekend but I know all of the drivers had fun. Its not on the schedule this year but everyone is open to going back and I think the track would have us back. Maybe next year.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Dynamite Dog posted:

Are you me? If you're in the Monadnock region, get over to the high banks of Monadnock Speedway in Winchester. See you guys at Christmas in July.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bethel is south east ny.. you got me all excited about a track near me that I didnt know about.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Tudor from Belle Isle is on FS1 now. I'd stay off social media if you don't want it spoiled because it appears to be on tape delay.

Xfinity is on FOX at 2:30.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

JJ Cobb should be pissed she changed lanes without looming behind her.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

tater_salad posted:

Bethel is south east ny.. you got me all excited about a track near me that I didnt know about.

this place looks like fun

paved mods in hippie country :getin:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
This is a hilarious finish

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Those last 15 laps ruled, glad I flipped this on.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

this place looks like fun

paved mods in hippie country :getin:

Its an 6hr drive.. south western ny is on the other side of the state (by me) we have lancaster (elegant buikders) holland, and a dirt track (ransomville) nearby but most have been slowly dying since the 2000s

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Those last 15 laps ruled, glad I flipped this on.
Bubba seems like the silent, deadly type of fellow.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

tater_salad posted:

Its an 6hr drive.. south western ny is on the other side of the state (by me) we have lancaster (elegant buikders) holland, and a dirt track (ransomville) nearby but most have been slowly dying since the 2000s

ransomville owns

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Get a passport and go to Merrittville, like all the other Americans. poo poo, even Ohsweken or Eriez aren't too far for Fridays....

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

tater_salad posted:

Haha sorry my bad. I guess I wasn't thinking right when I typed that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

bigbillystyle posted:

Haha sorry my bad. I guess I wasn't thinking right when I typed that.

and I didn't think anything of it cause I'm west of the Hudson so of course this is southwest NY lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I was waiting for the inevitable "NXS regular runs out of gas coming to the White and Matt Kenseth wins" and it didn't happen. Satisfying.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Jeff Gluck tweeted this picture this morning. This makes me sorry I've never been to a Cup race.

Gluck's Tweet

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

Jeff Gluck tweeted this picture this morning. This makes me sorry I've never been to a Cup race.

Gluck's Tweet

They either hate Brad as well, but not as much, or don't realize Kurt's not in the 2 anymore.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

They either hate Brad as well, but not as much, or don't realize Kurt's not in the 2 anymore.

They spent all their money on those sweet PVC side-pipes instead of a newer Kurt car.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Can't wait for nothing to happen at Dover today but until the last lap of that one you can enjoy a, poor quality, picture of pavement supers at Star Speedway! We were there last night running our car (not a great race since we blew the clutch in the feature) but they have a weekly division of super mods. 350 crate motors and it looks like either 8 or 10 inch American Racers for tires. They got real racy and the guys in 2nd and 3rd touched during the feature. One went up into the catch fence on the front stretch and ripped half of it down. No injuries to fans or drivers and the show went on. First time I've seen a car hit the fence in person.

E: somebody put up a video of it https://youtu.be/crru6vUTyJ0

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 31, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

First the RTA, now the drivers have their own "Let's address some of the things that suck issues in this sport" council: http://usat.ly/1HXPzFk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

What's next, Rear Tire Carriers United?

• Locked thread