Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Anyone know someone parting an E36 or E46 5spd in Arizona or California? I need a ZF320 or G250, and if it's coming out of an E46 I need the driveshaft too. Also looking for pedals, slave/master clutch cylinder, clutch/fw/pp, transmission support, and shifter assembly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
Would any Seattle area goons be interested in buying a 2002 Protégé 5 that doesn't make compression? Failed project. I'll give more details if anyone is actually interested. Car is pretty nice other than the zero compression thing.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

ChewedFood posted:

Would any Seattle area goons be interested in buying a 2002 Protégé 5 that doesn't make compression? Failed project. I'll give more details if anyone is actually interested. Car is pretty nice other than the zero compression thing.

I've had a soft spot for the protege5 since forever. Shoot me an email at 'alecband' at yahoo's mail service that ends in com, please.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ChewedFood posted:

i'd like some details on this, got an email address?

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

i'd like some details on this, got an email address?

Findajinjo with Google's mail thingy

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Found some random magazines laying around my parents garage. If these don't sell on Craigslist, would any goons be interested? Doubt they are worth anything - just pay me shipping.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/clt/5027698921.html

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
Televiper, I emailed you a couple of days ago. Mr Ulysses, I've been looking for an email from you but haven't seen it.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Hope this is appropriate here,

I need to practice driving a manual transmission. Have driven before just need work.

I'm in Houston Texas (katy). I'll come to you and I'll pay anything reasonable.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ChewedFood posted:

Televiper, I emailed you a couple of days ago. Mr Ulysses, I've been looking for an email from you but haven't seen it.

email sent

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Considering selling my 1987 325is. Have owned it since 2004. Maintenance history back to the mid 90's.

I'm located in the middle of SC, close to I95. Prefer to sell to someone who can actually come and look at it.

Stock, very stock
5 speed
Crack free dash
Wheels and tires are brand new, stock basketweaves come as well.
Very solid body, couple dings not absolutely perfect but no rust in the typical areas. Cowl, doors, sills all solid. Always garaged by myself.
Paint is a respray by PO, has held up ok except for a spot on the hood.

Asking $4900. Selling because I need space in the shop, more projects than time, and it just doesn't get used. I feel like maybe it's time for it to find a new owner who can continue its upkeep and use it. Can pm if interested or email judsin at Google mail.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 19, 2015

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Anybody want a super cool, unique sportbike?

I've quit my job and I'm traveling long term (worldwide!) starting 6 weeks from now. I've battled internally HARD about whether the sell the Duke, as she's been so good to me. But ultimately, she really should go to a good new home instead of storage.

$5600. Firm.

-2008 Super Duke 990
-25k miles, this is nothing in LC8 world. Valves have been checked.
-FMF Apex Carbon Pipes (stock pipe included)
-Michelin Pilot Road 3 Tires in excellent condition, rear is only a few months old.
-SAS and secondary butterflies disabled via USB (cable included)
-Currently running standard 91 octane map from Akrapovic
-CRG mirrors - spare pair included as well
-Pazzo Levers
-K&N Air Filter
-KTM Tall windscreen (stock included)
-Aftermarket throttle cam
-Wired for USB, both GPS (miniUSB) and ValentineOne
-Fresh oil change - will include KTM 3-filter change kit as well
-Rear Spool Stand included
-Frame Stand available

Chain and Sprockets are in good condition. Fork oil has been changed, never had an issue with her other than needing a new battery.

$5600. Please include a case of beer as well, to drown my sorrow. :cry

Located in Philadelphia, PA. Can deliver semi-locally.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Blaise posted:

Duke 990

Might want to crosspost that here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&pagenumber=55#lastpost

Nice bike, btw! I'm trying to sell my '13 Duke 690 :(

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

ChewedFood posted:

No longer for sale

ChewedFood fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 27, 2015

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Edit: Just a Corolla all trac for sale!

I have a super clean, super rare 89 Corolla all trac wagon with 120k on the clock that I love to pieces, but I am choosing to part with it.

No leaks, AC blows cold(recharge once a year with r134a) heat, timing belt water pump done, flawless interior save for the cracked dash, automatic. Good brakes, brand new wheels and tires. Gonna start the bidding at $2000. Any offer will be heard.

Also I have a 3sgte motor I was planning to swap in, but have to put the project car life on hold for a while. It's in a half assembled state at the moment, but the cylinder head is cleaned, new valve seals, re lapped. No abnormal or excessive wear. The block needs a set of rod bearings(I took them out and lost a set). Rebuilt ct26 turbo. Price:???? Pm me

Located in Southern Maryland.

Pm me!

interwhat fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 25, 2015

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
I just got my hands on a bunch of Alfa Romeo 164 parts. If any of you guys need anything, feel free to shoot me a PM. I live in Portland and would be willing to meet up or ship anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

interwhat posted:

I am a Volkswagen tech looking to buy a Tdi Jetta, golf, or Passat. I am located in Maryland, willing to look anywhere in the area. I work on these cars come in all the time at the dealer I work at and am sick of not actually owning one. I don't mind if it's older, has an ALH, pumpe duse, or common rail engine but it has to be a manual transmission. Service records don't necessarily have to be a must but I am a mechanic so I know exactly what to look for. I know these cars have a crazy markup, but if your car has 250k miles, it isn't worth the 8 grand you're asking when it needs a clutch, turbo, intake, egr both axles, strut mounts, engine mounts, etc. let alone a god drat fuel filter.

I daily drive a super rare, super clean, 89 Corolla all trac wagon with 120k on the clock that I love to pieces, but I am an adult now and am willing to trade it. It's not the safest thing to be running my one year old son around in, so if you're a die hard Toyota nerd, I suggest you PM me if you have a diesel you're trying to trade for it.

No leaks, AC blows cold(recharge once a year with r134a) heat, timing belt water pump done, flawless interior save for the cracked dash, automatic. Good brakes, brand new wheels and tires.

Pm me!

How far away are you willing to expand your search? Indiana too far?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Rhyno posted:

How far away are you willing to expand your search? Indiana too far?

I just today, said screw it and bought a 15 golf tdi. Woops! Corolla is now officially for sale.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Korwen posted:

I'm selling my 1996 Mazda Miata. It's Red, 5spd, has 134k on it and it's been my DD for a couple years so it has some door dings, minor scratches, the stuff associated with a car that has been used. Car has a OEM hardtop with defrost from a White 1993 Miata. It's in pretty decent shape, but one of the corners has had a pretty good whack on it.

PM'ed

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

interwhat posted:

I just today, said screw it and bought a 15 golf tdi. Woops! Corolla is now officially for sale.

Well I think you need '00 Golf TDI to go with it!

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Hey Guys, Looking for dash pads, gauge clusters and a radiator core support for a 77 Chevy Nova base. Figured I'd ask here in case anyone has novas at their local yards.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
2002 Mazda Protege 5 in Seattle area. Fs-ze swap. Details are in the CL ad.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5054089312.html

And here are left over parts, mostly FS-ZE:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/5054100077.html

ChewedFood fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 2, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ChewedFood posted:

Your tags are awesome. I wish you were closer to me.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Your tags are awesome. I wish you were closer to me.

Thanks! I figured nobody ever reads tags but I left a treat there for the more attentive people.

Edit: Oh I forgot to say there is definitely a goon discount. Lets say $3200 to a goon or friends of goons.

ChewedFood fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 2, 2015

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

ChewedFood posted:

Thanks! I figured nobody ever reads tags but I left a treat there for the more attentive people.

"Why's this car showing up when I look for bananas on Craigslist?"

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

ChewedFood posted:

If I didn't have two hatchbacks already I would be tempted to check this out. My cousin used to weld on submarines down in Bangor Base that's close by you.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

ChewedFood posted:

I would pick that up in a heartbeat if you were anywhere near the east coast. I may be doing a job in Seattle in a couple weeks, maybe I should do that cross-country trip I've been thinking about for a while...

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
Well I'm glad y'all are interested. It's not getting as much attention as I anticipated here. However, the last few things I've sold on cl were motorcycles so I'm used to dozens of calls on the first day.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

E: wrong thread

BadSamaritan fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 8, 2015

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

Nocheez posted:

I would pick that up in a heartbeat if you were anywhere near the east coast. I may be doing a job in Seattle in a couple weeks, maybe I should do that cross-country trip I've been thinking about for a while...

If you do it, PM me for route options, I've done seattle -> east coast a few times :)

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

ChewedFood posted:

I got an offer on a running 86 ford ranger project but I have to get rid of the protege first. Any goon or friend of goon can have it for $3000. Or trade + cash if you have something interesting for a project.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

I will be selling my MK6 GTI so the OEM wheels are back on and these are for sale.

4X 5X112 17x7.5 +48 Enkei RPF1s BBS (Grimmspeed) Gold

They were mounted with 225/45R17 Hankook RS-3s and looked great on my bone stock Candy White GTI.

The tires are off them and they are ready for their next owner.

They were the stock silver, but I painted them Grimmspeed's gold BBS color match paint http://www.grimmspeed.com/grimmspeed-gold-wheel-paint/. There is a tiny ripple in the back edge of one from the previous owner (see photo) but they run true and balance up great. There is also slight evidence of curb rash repair, but from 4 feet away they look perfect -- see photos for details, and see if you can spot it.

Includes centering rings and correct conical lug bolts.

Willing to ship at buyer's expense, or pick up in San Francisco (Mission) or Redwood City. Drop off between SF/RWC is possible.

email derek.bruce.young@gmail.com for quickest response.

$600

Full size pics here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5clV2NT7tOJfk9DRDVxZ3pEVE1iaVFDSU5hQlc1bncxcThycUNyTlZMTWlXcG5JUUZhUDg&usp=sharing

Blooot fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 8, 2015

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Anyone looking for a first year NSX? Posted this up the other day:

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/1991/acura/nsx/1210383

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bojanglesworth posted:

Anyone looking for a first year NSX? Posted this up the other day:

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/1991/acura/nsx/1210383

Not sure if I'd take an automatic at any price.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Anyone want a oil adapter seal kit for a Jeep 4.0 or an axle seal for a Chrysler 8.25" rear end?

Bought two of the first one (and have therefore already replaced it) and now have a Ford 8.8", so ... they're pretty much free for the taking. The oil adapter seal will fit in an envelope, so if you PM me your address, I'll mail it to you. The Axle seal ... I'll try if you want, but I'm not putting more than a stamp on it, so who knows if they'll take it? :)

Posting this in Jeep thread, too.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

kimbo305 posted:

Not sure if I'd take an automatic at any price.

Yeah, definitely not ideal, but clean and unmolested.

Sir.Tucker
Sep 17, 2006

For the Workforce!
APR Carbonio intake for MKV GTI for $280 ($350 new.)

SA-Mart link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725215

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

quote:

Then there's the nuanced texture coming through its unassisted steering rack; it amplifies the disconnect between road and palm in nearly every modern car.

That's a weird way of saying no power steering.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Selling the miata I bought for no reason. :doh:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5074738016.html

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

All this bullshit is in maine

1988 Ninja 250 that needs a gas tank and the carbs cleaned. Probably other maintenance poo poo. 500 bucks make it go away.

Tons of subaru poo poo parts if you need anything.

EJ22, EJ25D, RS scoop and side skirts, blown ej20 blocks, exhausts, lord knows what else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Selling my 1970 Mercedes-Benz 250c.

With 49,900 original miles and documentation since new, this is probably one of the best survivor 250c around. It's an excellent driver-quality car that you can run anywhere, but as a survivor it does have some minor blemishes and isn't so nice as to be afraid of taking it out. Despite the 250 name, the car is actually powered by a 2.8 liter inline six with dual two-barrel carburetors. Behind it is a rare factory four-speed manual transmission. Inside the car was equipped with a four-speaker stereo AM/FM radio, black MB-tex interior, A/C and manual windows. The car is completely stock except the headlamp assemblies and the horns. The USDM headlights were removed and the European-market lights the car was originally designed for installed in their place. These Euro-market lights are Bosch-manufactured units that were sourced from France, they have the flat-front glass, yellow reflectors, integrated fogs, and vintage selective-yellow R2 bulbs. They are the rarest of the Euro headlamps and correct for French-market W114/W115 car of the same year. The OEM horns were replaced with Stebel Magnums as the original low-tone unit has failed. Both the original USDM headlamps and horns are included in the sale along with a pile of paperwork since the car was new and a ton of period automotive-related sales materials and MB pamphlets. Plus there is a nice high-quality car cover, a small collection of parts, and a set of aluminum "steelies" that go with it.

Goon price: $11,500

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 29, 2015