Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

I tried a couple links in the OP and all the episodes seem to have been pulled from dailymotion, is there a better resource?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
Here is the first one I started with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvpAek1ypTo

The problem with running man is there are hundreds of episodes, but it is a fun show. The audio on some of the episodes are out of sync or missing, but it happens rarely.

Here is how I would rank it: Genius, Crime Scene, Running man, Abnormal Summit. But they are all good. There is also a spin off of AS called Where Is My Friend's Home that was pretty interesting as well, where they visit the home countries of the members.

Crime Scene is much easier to catch up with, since there are only two seasons.

Seriously, why are Korean TV shows so good?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

captain innocuous posted:

Seriously, why are Korean TV shows so good?

Let's be fair, we're just dealing with the handful of shows good enough to cross the cultural boundary. Nobody bothers talking about the other :mediocre: 95%

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I tried a couple links in the OP and all the episodes seem to have been pulled from dailymotion, is there a better resource?

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=660797
this link i found on reddit should get you started. the running man thread on sa had its own torrents but they don't work any more. you want the isubs versions of episodes where available since they are the best fansubs could possible be

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I like to watch my Running Man (and IC and the lot) via http://kengsub.com/search/running+man , as far as I can see all episodes are live.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I catch Running Man and various other Korean shows primarily through Drama Fever, but their subs can be lacking (translating text that pops up on the screen only while they talk to each other for a full 20 seconds, for instance). I also have occasional freezing issues with the video player, but it's just so convenient most of the time that I deal with the drawbacks.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Crime Scene S2E9 is up, by the way.

I got it right. I'm surprised no one picked up on the fact that Jinho was outside pretending to listen to music so he could hear the body fall. But one thing I didn't understand was if the burner was on Jinho's balcony, wouldn't there still be rope attached to the victim?

Also, glad to see that Bumdi's on our side. #ExtremeWays

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

MisterZimbu posted:

I got it right. I'm surprised no one picked up on the fact that Jinho was outside pretending to listen to music so he could hear the body fall. But one thing I didn't understand was if the burner was on Jinho's balcony, wouldn't there still be rope attached to the victim?

I sided with the director after his deduction about the time delay, since it seemed the most convincing and plausible. The guard's testimony really threw me off, but the timing of the criminal leaving was too suspicious.

I thought the lack of a section of rope still being attached to the belt was inconsistent, but the criminal could've tied the rope at their own balcony where it easily retrievable. If the rope was tied close to where it held the belt, then there would be the section of rope still attached to the belt.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

MisterZimbu posted:

Not sure if I got that one right, depends when the cutoff is for the voting.

I was leaning towards Neighbour Jang right up until Park found the burnt piece of rope, then I knew it had to be Jinho Jang. I liked the time delay explanation but I just thought Neighbour Jang had a stronger motive than Jinho up until that point. Also I thought it was funny how they were concentrating on the chemicals as a way to destroy the rope but kind of ignored the possibility of just fire.

Anyway by looping the rope through the victim's belt you can keep all the rope up top, without any falling with the victim. Here's a diagram.

http://lpix.org/2077197/CrimeScene2Pic.png

Brown = Belt
Black = Rope
Red = Burnt section

Elite fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 31, 2015

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
what is it with this show and people having like 62 husbands

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Now that two captains and a first mate are dead, maybe Mate Jang finally gets to be captain. :allears:

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Dongmin is really good at getting into character. Sometimes I forget he is role playing.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
YES. I loving called it on this ep.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Yup, got it right again, I almost faltered at the end though.

As soon as Jinho was given a solid alibi by the guard he was my #1 suspect, as the only real reason to use the rope was to create a time delay. I also pretty much guessed the method of the rope being burned and looped through the victim's belt. I'm surprised no one else picked Jinho after this information was out, as the guard singling out any one person to label as clearly innocent is a big red flag. I think they were too fixated on the chemicals to think about just putting the alcohol lamp under the rope and cutting off the burnt part.

Anyway, I think with this result Jinho and Dongmin probably have the most money, and number 3 might be Director Jang, since I don't think the women have gotten away with being the criminal yet, but Jang has had some solid Detective double-ups and guessed right for the most part, aside from episode 2. I'm hoping for a Jinho/Dongmin/Hani final, so hopefully she's the criminal and she gets away with it next episode.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Look at that voter :bandwagon:. They're so predictable.

So half way through, some things are clear but others are not. The cause of death is obvious, as revealed by the briefings. What isn't clear is who's responsible. Daughter Hani and her Dad both have solid motivations, and her Dad is more familiar with and has better access to the climbing rope. The hole in Jinho's alibi is rather suspicious though. If they can find a receipt for his beer or proof his bike was ridden on, I think his claims will be validated. Massage is an enigma. Her story is pretty awkward and can be sliced through like thin paper, but what motivation would she have? I don't see a reason for her to kill her costumer.

Wow, they immediately discovered something big, right after the briefing period. Looks like Massage Park isn't as much of an enigma anymore, though she's still unlikely to be the murder. Neighbor Jang is far more suspicious now with that ring Dongmin found. They must have had more than just an argument, like the others were saying. Oh, and he's also a stalker too apparently. And he's acting super dismissive and quickly tries to divert attention to his son, Jinho. Hell, even after Jinho got his alibi validated by the guard, Neighbor asked a retarded question in an attempt to keep the blame on Jinho.

But then the guard reveals that he heard a thud between 10:15 and 10:20. Hani was leaving for the pharmacy around then, and Massage Park was still on the balcony. Could it be that Massage Park took advantage of Hani's tantrum to cut the body loose, or something like that? At the same time, it was also revealed that Hani went to the pharmacy for supplies that were already in a first aid kit in the apartment. Why leave then? (Actually, her answer about not knowing since she lives in the dorm and rarely comes there makes sense.) And with Park hiding on the terrace, how would she have dropped the body without seeing or being seen by Park?

If we assume that it was a timed delay that caused the rope to break, then in the end it comes down to who is the most suspicious. That would be Neighbor Jang. If we assume that what Park found in the shoe in the final inspection was the other end of the rope (which it was revealed to be), then Jang's incessant attempts to frame his son makes a lot of sense. Therefore, I'll go with him as my final choice.

Goddamit. I was so ready to tell the voters to suck it. My only consolation is that all the players were wrong too. I think it's because of the whole rope thing being a timed drop intended to create a fake alibi. The whole schedule in general was rather confusing to me. When was Massage Park supposed to be trapped on the roof again?

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 1, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I think Massage Park is trapped on the balcony later, but this could just be them screwing up like they did with Si Manager being able to access the gun on the cruise ship whenever he wanted to. The ropes are probably cleaned up and stashed by 10:30, since Jinho goes back to his apartment as soon as he hears the body hit the ground, which is 10:20 at the latest. The ropes are really hard to miss as long as they're there. The more I think about it the more I think they just messed up the timeline in an attempt to make Hani and Massage look guilty.

I think if my hero power is getting Crime Scene criminals right you must be my villain Viggy, because you always seem to get it wrong at the last minute :negative:.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I feel like if you just side with whoever the viewers side with you'll always be right. Has the audience been right 100% of the time this season?

The only fair way to guess is to duct tape the bottom 1/4th of your screen.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

qbert posted:

I feel like if you just side with whoever the viewers side with you'll always be right. Has the audience been right 100% of the time this season?

I don't think they were right about the two real shockers.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I find it interesting that the actual players got this one wrong and, for I think the first time this season, didn't get that "the important piece of evidence you missed" thing. Which they've still gotten consistently even when their conclusion and reasoning is correct. :v:

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

I find it interesting that the actual players got this one wrong and, for I think the first time this season, didn't get that "the important piece of evidence you missed" thing. Which they've still gotten consistently even when their conclusion and reasoning is correct. :v:

Yeah and it was pretty weird, I wonder who Jin would have voted for if he wasn't the neighbor. One thing I noticed is that Jinho was taking being accused in stride which is something he actually doesn't do if he's innocent. Well that and it was pretty much the entire point of having a delay would be to establish an alibi, with the remote possibility of the ex husband trying to flee the country, but he was still on the scene so that wasn't likely. So yeah it was pretty obviously Jinho, and they all whiffed it.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I am way too excited about the new genius season. It's like ALL of my favourite players (-tittygod and boxer. Notice how no one even mentions Boxer?)

I can't wait for extreme ways.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I wouldn't mind seeing a Jinho/Boxer final where Jinho finally beats him and cements himself as the greatest Genius player ever.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

NowonSA posted:

I think Massage Park is trapped on the balcony later, but this could just be them screwing up like they did with Si Manager being able to access the gun on the cruise ship whenever he wanted to. The ropes are probably cleaned up and stashed by 10:30, since Jinho goes back to his apartment as soon as he hears the body hit the ground, which is 10:20 at the latest. The ropes are really hard to miss as long as they're there. The more I think about it the more I think they just messed up the timeline in an attempt to make Hani and Massage look guilty.

I think if my hero power is getting Crime Scene criminals right you must be my villain Viggy, because you always seem to get it wrong at the last minute :negative:.

And 10:20 was also when Hani went to the pharmacy, which means Massage was chillin on the veranda then too, which means either she had passed out and somehow wasn't seen by Jinho, or the designers loving this one up real bad.

Well, I feel a lot better about getting it wrong now since either something wasn't explained right or the designers hosed it up.

Also, I don't always get it wrong. I've been about 50% this season. Though it's true that when I get it wrong it's because I chose the wrong person among a couple people.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Got it right this time. I was a bit confused about the physics, but the alibi is just such a massive red flag and Jinho made for a far more interesting motive video than any of the others.

My highest hope for the new Genius season is that Sangmin somehow manages to leisurely control a set full of people he has personally betrayed.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

And 10:20 was also when Hani went to the pharmacy, which means Massage was chillin on the veranda then too, which means either she had passed out and somehow wasn't seen by Jinho, or the designers loving this one up real bad.

Well, I feel a lot better about getting it wrong now since either something wasn't explained right or the designers hosed it up.

Also, I don't always get it wrong. I've been about 50% this season. Though it's true that when I get it wrong it's because I chose the wrong person among a couple people.

Actually she didn't' show up until 10:25 so pretty much when the rest of the suspects were down looking at the body she came in to steal the rest of the gold and cash, having taken some of it earlier with her chloroform face mask technique.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
They didn't mess anything up. ,Hani left for the pharmacy at 10:20 and Massage Park shows up afterwards. How else would she have gotten into the apartment without Hani knowing?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Tonfa posted:

Got it right this time. I was a bit confused about the physics, but the alibi is just such a massive red flag and Jinho made for a far more interesting motive video than any of the others.

My highest hope for the new Genius season is that Sangmin somehow manages to leisurely control a set full of people he has personally betrayed.

It'll be fantastic when Dongmin sets up a group of loyal compatriots that constantly lose while Sangmin betrays the poo poo out of people but at least he'll usually keep them from getting kicked off. All while Jinho steamrolls games and Yohwan implodes on himself. And then Kyungrun wins because she is the best/ scariest.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

NowonSA posted:

Yup, got it right again, I almost faltered at the end though.

As soon as Jinho was given a solid alibi by the guard he was my #1 suspect, as the only real reason to use the rope was to create a time delay. I also pretty much guessed the method of the rope being burned and looped through the victim's belt. I'm surprised no one else picked Jinho after this information was out, as the guard singling out any one person to label as clearly innocent is a big red flag. I think they were too fixated on the chemicals to think about just putting the alcohol lamp under the rope and cutting off the burnt part.
Yeah, it was weird to me how they all got this wrong. They had talked about the time delay, all of them, and they were still saying Jinho had an alibi? Just from a story perspective I was sure it was Jinho as soon as "guard saw him at time of thud" and "time delay rope burn" both came up.

By the way, how is it that a vital clue always gets found in the last three minutes segment? The producers have to be tipping players.

qbert posted:

They weren't even right on this one, were they? I mean they flipped over to Jinho before the reveal, after seeing neighbor was already locked up and the cast reactions... I don't know if that counts

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 2, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Zythrst posted:

Actually she didn't' show up until 10:25 so pretty much when the rest of the suspects were down looking at the body she came in to steal the rest of the gold and cash, having taken some of it earlier with her chloroform face mask technique.

Subyng posted:

They didn't mess anything up. ,Hani left for the pharmacy at 10:20 and Massage Park shows up afterwards. How else would she have gotten into the apartment without Hani knowing?

Oooooooooooooooh

Well, gently caress. I had that totally backwards in my head.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I was thinking about how the criminals should lie more in some cases. Like, when they found that adoption dissolution document, Jinho says he didn't know about it. Dude, if you said you did, the majority of your motive would've gone out the window? Almost feels like it would be cheating but yeah.

Stobbit
Mar 9, 2006
Never been more excited for a new season of television than I am for this.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
lmao

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

I was thinking about how the criminals should lie more in some cases. Like, when they found that adoption dissolution document, Jinho says he didn't know about it. Dude, if you said you did, the majority of your motive would've gone out the window? Almost feels like it would be cheating but yeah.

I don't see that as cheating. It would have been a really smart play to prevent suspicion. Not that he needed to anyway...

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

I don't see that as cheating. It would have been a really smart play to prevent suspicion. Not that he needed to anyway...

I'm thinking that Jinho was trying to keep lies to a minimum when he wasn't entirely sure of everything. He wasn't sure what the adoption dissolution would mean yet so he just went with the truth of not knowing about it so as not to get caught in a lie. I think its a pretty good policy as the criminal since getting caught lying is the only way to 100% get caught.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Stobbit posted:

there are so many layers

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Stobbit posted:

wow that cast list:

Hong Jin-ho
Kim Kyung-Ran
Lee Sang-Min
Lim Yo-Hwan
Jang Dong-min
Oh Hyunmin
Kim Yoohyun
Lim Yoonsun
Choi Jung Mun
Yoo Jung-Hyun
Kim Kyung-hoon
Choi YeonSeung
Lee Jun-Seok

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I was literally talking with a friend who also loves the show at a bar trivia thing a few weeks ago about how to cast an All-Star season, and we had 10/13 of the cast they got - we had Yuram, Yeonjoo, and a split decision on Yooyoung/Hongchul for the last spot instead of Jungmoon/Junseok/Titty God. I hope somehow the latter two can both get eliminated in the first challenge.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Stobbit posted:

I almost didn't recognize Sangmin on the bottom right looking very non-super saiyan like.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
Some BTS up for Crime Scene 2 as well as previews for the next ep. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Eastwood posted:

I almost didn't recognize Sangmin on the bottom right looking very non-super saiyan like.

That's how he works. You won't see him until halfway through the season after he backstabs everyone and manages to pin it on Jinho/ Dongmin. The glasses are his Clark Kent mode. He will straight up walk in with a cape once his position is solidified.

I love Sangmin.