Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Raygereio posted:

I'm pretty sure they're on okay terms. There was the whole Obsidian-not-getting-a-bonus-for-F:NV-over-its-metacritic-score thing. Which was stupid, but not really a unique thing in the industry. Urquhart & Co comes across as too professional to keep a grudge over that.
I'd say a new Obsidian Fallout title depends more on whether Obsidian would want to work with a publisher in general (not Bethesda specifically) again.
They're currently developing a World of Tanks-esque with modern weaponry and capabilities for filthy Russian oligarchs, so they're not opposed to the idea of money projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

So...uh, when is this thing supposed to start? How long has this been at Please Stand By?

There is a countdown timer right below that.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It doesn't work for me in Chrome, but shows up in Firefox.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Oh, I'm on Chrome, didn't see the timer.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Frankston posted:

Works for me in chrome. 10am EST tomorrow.

BlackLaser fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 2, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Can you even pick up Antler? I don't think you can collect the skull either way but simply interacting with it.

Sounds like something that needs to be modded in.

Antler needs to be modded in as a shoulder accessory. So that antler can sit on your shoulder and give you sage wisdom and advice while you roam the wasteland.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Like, seriously, how big of a step up can it be if they're still designing the game around systems with 512 megs of RAM? :(

e: also, it probably means they'll still be using the same old janky-rear end engine for it :negative:

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 2, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

PunkBoy posted:

So...uh, when is this thing supposed to start? How long has this been at Please Stand By?

BlackLaser posted:

There is a countdown timer right below that.

PunkBoy posted:

Oh, I'm on Chrome, didn't see the timer.

Frankston posted:

Try disabling any ad blockers you might have (adblock, ublock, ghostery, etc), worked for me.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

all my enthusiasm will evaporate if this is really crossgen. games looked ugly as poo poo and ran like it too on the old hardware, being confined to Skyrim PS3 era tangents again will be terrible.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Bardeh posted:

how big of a step up can it be?

It won't be.

Bardeh posted:

e: also, it probably means they'll still be using the same old janky-rear end engine for it :negative:

Was going to post if anybody wanted to 'bet' on that.

MinibarMatchman posted:

all my enthusiasm will evaporate if this is really crossgen. games looked ugly as poo poo and ran like it too on the old hardware, being confined to Skyrim PS3 era tangents again will be terrible.

All of mine will evaporate if it really is Bethesda making it. Don't trust them in the slightest. The cross-gen thing is just more evidence for my opinion.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I definitely want Fallout 4 to be very good,
I will probably be a hypocrite and pre-order it and enjoy it even if it's not amazing.

Also, anyone else curious if it'll actually be called "Fallout 4?" It'd be pretty dumb/funny if they just called it "Fallout" like so many game iterations seem to do now.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Haha, you guys still think it won't be a Bethesda game even when it was the Bethesda studio account that posted this site and we haven't heard from them for years.

Yes, actually ex-Bioware developers working with Obsidian using ideas from inXile will make Fallout 4, Bethesda is too busy doing nothing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I expect it to be ugly, all their games are ugly. I just hope the gameplay keeps improving and that there's lots of content to have fun with

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

sout posted:

Also, anyone else curious if it'll actually be called "Fallout 4?" It'd be pretty dumb/funny if they just called it "Fallout" like so many game iterations seem to do now.

F4llout. :negative:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

It worked for OblIVion.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm really old so I'm really used to lovely graphics. If broc flowers don't gracefully blow in the radioactive breeze I could give a drat. Just give me my Pew Pew and let me turn things into goo. Not even that, give me a rifle and I'll watch their heads explode in VATS. I'll be happy. Very happy.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

We'll find out tomorrow, but only PS4, Xbox one, and PC are referenced in the pre-order portion of the css file. Might just be old left over web assets dumped in a folder.

{.big-lead-in-preorder-platform-logo .icon.ps4-icon-black,.big-lead-in-preorder-platform-logo .icon.xbox-one-icon-black{width:80px;height:15px}.big-lead-in-preorder-platform-logo .icon.pc-icon-black{width:22px;height:22px}}

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There's no way it's going to be more than five seconds of a landscape, Ron Pearlman saying "War," followed by SEE THE FULL TRAILER AT E3, right?

But I am losing my mind over the confirmation, at least.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

"What? I don't understand the confusion. We were clearly just undergoing site maintenance, why else would we put up a screen that says 'Please Stand By?' Sorry about any confusion, our social media operators are just great admirers of our company's site coders."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bardeh posted:

Someone over on NEOGAF has apparently found something in the websites source code that indicates it's going to be crossgen. If that's true it's a bit disappointing.

I read that as "crossfit" and was all "So they're going the GTA route and adding gyms?"

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Please don't be an MMORPG.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Phrasing posted:

Please don't be an MMORPG.

FSO, a sub-based MMO that will go F2P spring next year!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Fallout 4 will be developed by Obsidian Entertainment with assistance from CDProjektRed

in my dreams

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there a Fallout 4 thread yet, or just talk here? search sucks etc

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dongattack posted:

Is there a Fallout 4 thread yet, or just talk here? search sucks etc

No thread yet. This is the only Fallout thread I know of aside from the console New Vegas one and the modding one.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anxious at a potentially cross gen game...

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's actually going to be a HD collection

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

julian assflange posted:

It's actually going to be a HD collection

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel HD

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

julian assflange posted:

I could give two shits if it's made by Bethesda or Obsidian, I don't think FO:NV was that significantly more impressive than FO:3, but cross-gen would be some straight up bullshit.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

julian assflange posted:

eh, playing it on God's Intended Platform (PC) for the inevitable thousands of mods that add infinite replayability is fine by me. poo poo, modded Skyrim is a fantastic experience and looks better than most ~~~``` current gen ~~~ games

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Someone on Reddit found this as well.

Pre-order tags for PC, PS4, and XB1. Nothing for last gen, so it might not be last gen after all.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I hope you're playing as an escaped Institution android. They can go all Deus Ex on it!

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
nvm

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sinnlos posted:

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel HD

I would totally buy this

Epi Lepi posted:

I could give two shits if it's made by Bethesda or Obsidian, I don't think FO:NV was that significantly more impressive than FO:3, but cross-gen would be some straight up bullshit.

At this stage I would be genuinely surprised if they had 360 and PS3 versions. If it was a year ago then yeah but considering games are now announced a good 12 months before they release it couldn't possibly be cross gen

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

4lout. Streamlining is the hit new thing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BreakAtmo posted:

4lout. Streamlining is the hit new thing.
Now featuring only 3 stats: Strength, Agility, Intelligence

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Now featuring only 3 stats: Strength, Agility, Intelligence

No no no. Strength and agility are pretty similar. Strength and Intelligence only. Skills are now Fighting, Sneak, and Speech.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
'When should I do the DLC!??!' question (sorry).

I hit around level 18 after finishing Honest Hearts, story-wise I've got no further than Freeside working for the Kings / Silver Rush(?) and lots of other side quests.

I'm reading some conflicting stuff about when to do the other DLCs next and if they'll be in sync with my current progress with the story. In short, what DLC should I do next, at what level, and should I worry about being too behind in the main story quests while doing them?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sinnlos posted:

No no no. Strength and agility are pretty similar. Strength and Intelligence only. Skills are now Fighting, Sneak, and Speech.

I think you mean there will be two stats: Combat and Non-Combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

It only took an announcement and people (at least gibbis people) are super down on Fallout. Oh well, I'll suspend my disbelief and be excited, and will probably like the game even if it's no better than F3.