Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was my second Mario RPG and the only one I've not beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

wall monitor posted:

I loved Partners in Time's gameplay...

it was just so /short/ and easy. No endgame stuff either, not even like a single bonus boss or anything. I think I finished it the day after I got it and felt kinda cheated.

Actually, if you boot the game again after beating it, there's a bonus boss :ssh:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Why all the hate for partners in time?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's kind of short, easy and boring and a step down off of Superstar Saga. I wouldn't outright say it was bad though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Actually, if you boot the game again after beating it, there's a bonus boss :ssh:

Are you talking about Shrowser? He comes right before the credits.

Cloks posted:

Why all the hate for partners in time?

There's no exploration, the writing is unnecessary harsh towards Luigi, more so than usual, combat devolves into "only use Mix/Copy Flowers as soon as you get them" and the level design is exceptionally poor.

Edit: Also the bosses have waaaaaaaay too much HP in the American version and the final boss gauntlet is the most tedious loving thing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It took me two whole days to beat the final boss in partners in time

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Oh, don't buy it then

This made me laugh out loud at my desk at work. Seriously though, Shantae is a great game and worth the price of admission. I will probably go back and replay now that we're talking about it.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!
Partners in Time could have done something interesting with time travel or an alien invasion but it was an unsatisfying mix of both. I kind of remember wondering if the game writers actually understood what time travel is.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The time travel exists only as an excuse to have baby mario and luigi as partners.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If Partners In Time didn't exist maybe we wouldn't have like 5 babies in Mario Kart 8

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the babies are the best characters in mario kart though

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Shin'en finally posted some screens from Fast Racing Neo, however many years after announcing the game: http://fast.shinen.com/neo/

poo poo yeah.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Davincie posted:

the babies are the best characters in mario kart though

Hank Hill is the best character in Mario Kart.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mabels big day posted:

The time travel exists only as an excuse to have baby mario and luigi as partners.

That's not true. It's also an excuse to have the areas be completely disconnected from each other and linear

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PiT is the worst Mario RPG, but it's still an okay game. At least it's not the last two Paper Marios.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is it really worse than Paper Mario Sticker Star? God that game sucked.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

He said it was not as bad as the last two Paper Marios.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kirios posted:

Is it really worse than Paper Mario Sticker Star? God that game sucked.

Nah, it's just very weak in design when compared to Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story. Never played Dream Team so I don't know where that fits in.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Derp, my bad.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Motto posted:

Nah, it's just very weak in design when compared to Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story. Never played Dream Team so I don't know where that fits in.

Dream Team is a very tedious slog that is somewhat redeemed by having some of the most amazing graphics and music on the system. It's the Final Fantasy XIII of the 3DS in that sense.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Motto posted:

Dream Team Bros has too many tutorials and goes on for a bunch of hours longer than it should, the touchscreen gimmicks are all awful and with one exception all of the things that use the gyro are terrible. Weakest Mario & Luigi but is at least good and fun to play inbetween the dumb parts, and the battles are better than in PiT. So despite everything, I consider it still worth playing if you liked the other Mario & Luigi games, just don't expect anything as fantastic as Bowser's Inside Story.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dream Team has a lot of tutorials and iffy pacing but the battles are awesome and the music is great so the game is great :colbert:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ChaosArgate posted:

Edit: Also the bosses have waaaaaaaay too much HP in the American version and the final boss gauntlet is the most tedious loving thing.

After fighting one of the final bosses for 20 or 30 minutes straight I just said "I don't think I care about seeing the ending to this stupid game" and turned the DS off. This was after fighting one or two other 30 minute boss fights, of course.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I liked Sticker Star a lot

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Sticker Star was okay.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Sticker Star was a horrible game

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Sticker Star is the worst first party game Nintendo has put out in a decade

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Wii Music is less than 10 years old though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ookiimarukochan posted:

Wii Music is less than 10 years old though.
Wii Music is great, though.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Does Other M count as first party?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I legitimately couldn't finish Sticker Star. It was the most tedious bullshit and they took out all the charming narrative elements that made the past games great.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pomp posted:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sticker Star is fun, I think you need to stick with it past the first couple of chapters before it gets good though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I love Wiggler!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
I liked Sticker Star a lot. I've never played the other two, and I've heard that they are way better, but that doesn't make Sticker Star terrible. :shrug:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Pomp posted:

absolutely anything posted:

Sticker Star was okay.

noirstronaut posted:

Sticker Star was a horrible game

less laughter posted:

Sticker Star is the worst first party game Nintendo has put out in a decade

Reading this was like the inverse of that Statler and Waldorf bit where they start off calling something horrible and by the end of the conversation they're clapping and calling for an encore

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Still Fluxing posted:

I liked Sticker Star a lot. I've never played the other two, and I've heard that they are way better, but that doesn't make Sticker Star terrible. :shrug:

And that's why. Sticker Star is absolutely nothing like the previous two, featuring much less focus on the story, no RPG elements, and a totally gutted battle system. It might as well have been a completely different franchise, a la Nuts and Bolts (although even that had more of BK in it than SS does for Paper Mario). Frankly, I'd argue that SS is a bad adventure game on top of not being a Paper Mario game, the music is the only thing in the entire game I actually enjoyed.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I got Sticker Star and quit an hour into it when I realized there is absolutely no point to battles.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 4):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Don't Starve: Giant Edition - €13.99 / £12.59
    FullBlast - €4.99 / £4.40 until July 2, standard price €5.99 / £5.39
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Big Brain Academy (DS) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Guac' a Mole (Wii U eShop) - €2.69 / £? until June 11
    Shiny the Firefly (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 20

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Lords of Magna: Maiden Heaven - €29.99 / £24.99
    Bird Mania 3D - €0.99 / £0.89 (permanent price reduction)
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (update)
3DS HOME MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - (free until July 4)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    Retro City Rampage DX (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.48 until June 11
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 21
    Heart Beaten (3DS eShop) - €2.33 / £2.00 or €1.09 / £1.00 if you have downloaded Space Lift Danger Panic until ?
    Space Lift Danger Panic (3DS eShop) - €1.65 / £1.29 or €0.80 / £0.65 if you have downloaded Heart Beaten until ?
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of June 4):

quote:

WII U eSHOP GAMES
    Adventures of Pip - $14.99
    Cube Blitz - $3.99
    Cube Life: Island Survival - $6.99
    The Stonecutter - $1.20
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pac-Attack (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lords of Magna: Maiden Heaven - $39.99
    Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin - $19.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures - $9.99
    Bird Mania 3D - $0.99 (permanent price reduction)
    G.G. Series: Altered Weapon - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: Assault Buster - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: Black x Block - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: Cosmo Rally!! - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: Exciting River - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: Hero Puzzle - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
    G.G. Series: The Spiky Blowfish - 200 Points / $1.99 (DSiWare)
3DS MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - $1.99 (available until July 1)
    Mighty Switch Force Theme - $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

I didn't bother to update the sales for either region because it's all shovelware, I'll get to it later if people really care.

The Shantae updates adds extra control options when playing on New 3DS or with a Circle Pad Pro. It should hopefully go live in NA next week, it was supposed to be out months ago.

Is the AVGN game any good? I can't imagine it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is the AVGN game any good? I can't imagine it is.

It's all of the Nintendo bullshit in one game. Avoid unless you're the type of person that likes getting kicked in the balls.