Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Illuen posted:

gently caress, I feel old. Is 27 old?

I'm 31. 27 is not old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Okay, it is 1 day and 1 hour to deadline. I should be asleep; instead, I am staying up to finish my final portfolio for clinical microbiology. But that's just a front.

The real reason I'm still up is to yell at people and call you all idiots because nobody is posting.

Everyone needs to post a top 3 scum picks and vote for their number 1, otherwise I'm just going to act like a real douchebag and not even care.

This feels incredibly forced, moreso than a normal D1 forced post. Would vote.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

DGK2000 posted:

This feels incredibly forced, moreso than a normal D1 forced post. Would vote.

So do it.

Tired of town apathy.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm at work and then date night is tonight but I'll give hazdoc another read over on my break to see if I missed anything. I really liked his responses though so unless anything in hazdocs history jumps out at me it's probably still jedit for number 2, even though I can really respect the idea of a poo poo townie owning it to bait out lazy scum since that's also my jam. On the other hand his posts are throwing shade around a lot which could quite easily be scum camouflage and it seems like a style that wouldn't really change at all if you were scum anyway. It's still a distant second though.

I don't really have a good 3 yet although I'd probably just vote for taste in a pinch cause his trolling didn't make the millerfest we're trapped in any easier to navigate. I think he's more likely 3p if we have them in this game but he's still giving town nothing to work with while making noise so I wouldn't be sad to see him go either way. Effort post on obstacle probably has to wait until I get home and before I go out, cause gently caress doing that on my phone, but that's absolutely my number 1 for now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What time zone could you possibly be in

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tremendous Taste posted:

What time zone could you possibly be in

Another STUNNING contribution, I'm in +10 gmt not that it matters at all

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Another STUNNING contribution, I'm in +10 gmt not that it matters at all

are most mafia games just nonstop serious posting or are you just annoying as hell

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Not every post has to be a magnificent contribution, unless you're one of the dudes on the bottom of the posting list and are lookin to pump your post count up to avoid the lynch.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

So do it.

Tired of town apathy.

Tired of D1 town apathy? Really? GTFO.

##vote WWM

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
that said taste's posting is pretty bad kill him

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Im not anti shitposting at all and Taste has actually been pretty funny this game , at least in the midst of miller-gate but I'm getting the impression that he's one of the players that shitposts regardless of alignment so when they're scum they can use it as a shield and fly under the radar which is boring as gently caress if he's town and downright dangerous to let live past d1 if he's scum so it's not the best vote but I'm totally comfortable with it regardless cause mafia is cool and fun and you can shitpost and still make some kind of contribution

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyway I reread hazdoc and apart from his miller claim I don't see anything scummy at all. His reaction to the vig is solid town to me and I like his general vibe as a player. I don't want to write him off just yet but in terms of miller claims i'm probably more suss on pig right now tbh. If it wasn't for the mason claim he would absolutely be in my top 3 for today, but I can sit on it til tomorrow to see what happens with that

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Obstacle2 posted:

are most mafia games just nonstop serious posting or are you just annoying as hell

I am just annoying as hell, hope this helps

Anyway I'm getting picked up any second now so here is my effort post: this dude is scum.

His intial vote on TT I could have let slide but he seems to want to actually stand by it. He hasn't made a single actual read all game, and when I call him out for that he doubles down on a godawful vote as well as a vague reference to what I can only assume is Hazdoc. Heres a tip, if you think someone is scum you should probably mention them by name, or you're just throwing poo poo around for no good reason, unless you' re trying to lie low. He reeks of scum trying to play it safe and not make too much noise. The absolute most amount of effort he's put into anything so far this game has been defending imgay and it stinks. Either he's scumbros with him or he's trying to buddy up to someone he knows from outside the game to get a townie on his side, I'm not sure which yet.

I'm out, I have a job interview tomorrow around deadline but I should be able to make myself available for at least an hour before then. gl, hf yall, see you tomorrow.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anyway I'm getting picked up any second now so here is my effort post: this dude is scum.

His intial vote on TT I could have let slide but he seems to want to actually stand by it. He hasn't made a single actual read all game, and when I call him out for that he doubles down on a godawful vote as well as a vague reference to what I can only assume is Hazdoc. Heres a tip, if you think someone is scum you should probably mention them by name, or you're just throwing poo poo around for no good reason, unless you' re trying to lie low. He reeks of scum trying to play it safe and not make too much noise. The absolute most amount of effort he's put into anything so far this game has been defending imgay and it stinks. Either he's scumbros with him or he's trying to buddy up to someone he knows from outside the game to get a townie on his side, I'm not sure which yet.

I'm out, I have a job interview tomorrow around deadline but I should be able to make myself available for at least an hour before then. gl, hf yall, see you tomorrow.

I am actually willing to believe you. For two reasons. One yeah my current vote is a lazy one on the bandwagon. Two reading his posts looks to me like the only thing of real substance he has done is put effort into defending one specific person, and that's pretty scummy.

##vote Obstacle2

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
And yes I know I have been posting just as little.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Heres a tip, if you think someone is scum you should probably mention them by name, or you're just throwing poo poo around for no good reason, unless you' re trying to lie low.

An interesting thing to say, considering that you didn't mention the person you thought was scum by name and you also didn't vote for them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Im not anti shitposting at all and Taste has actually been pretty funny this game , at least in the midst of miller-gate but I'm getting the impression that he's one of the players that shitposts regardless of alignment so when they're scum they can use it as a shield and fly under the radar which is boring as gently caress if he's town and downright dangerous to let live past d1 if he's scum so it's not the best vote but I'm totally comfortable with it regardless cause mafia is cool and fun and you can shitpost and still make some kind of contribution

I don't take d1 seriously unless I have a *strong feeling*

maybe even d2

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Obstacle2 (3): Quandary, MC Eating Disorder, Gridlocked
MC Eating Disorder (2): WHICH WAY MADNESS, Gridlocked, Hazdoc, Gridlocked
Tremendous Taste (2): Gridlocked, Gridlocked, Hazdoc, imgay, Obstacle2, Hazdoc
CapitalistPig (2): Chic Trombone, Illuen
Lynch No One! (2): Tremendous Taste, SirSamVimes
Jedit (2): DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000, CapitalistPig, dscruffy1, DGK2000
imgay (1): Jedit, WHICH WAY MADNESS, WHICH WAY MADNESS
WHICH WAY MADNESS (1): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, DGK2000
SirSamVimes (0): dscruffy1, dscruffy1
Illuen (0): Quandary, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Quandary
Hazdoc (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder

Not Voting (2): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Shark Mafia

There are 17 living players. Elimination occurs at 9 votes!

The current deadline is June 04th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 57 minutes.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

You'd have to pretty selectively read my posts to come to these conclusions.

Gridlocked posted:

I am actually willing to believe you. For two reasons. One yeah my current vote is a lazy one on the bandwagon. Two reading his posts looks to me like the only thing of real substance he has done is put effort into defending one specific person, and that's pretty scummy.

So I defended Hazdoc and imgay, for the record. Pretty interesting how you both are going through my posts and coming up with false conclusions.
I supported Hazdoc's claim because it made sense as it sounds almost identical to my PM with the exception of me being a miller and I defended imgay because he's just a troll and it would be dumb to waste a lynch of someone just because they thought a random dayvig is funny. (its funny)

Taste seems scummy to me, can't really say why. But my vote is also influenced by the fact that I think it would be amusing to kill him day 1 again like I did in the last mafia game I played with him when it was his "final" game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol, jakep just got probated poo poo posting

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

imgay posted:

Lol, jakep just got probated poo poo posting

GBS wasn't ready for his level of (poo poo) posting

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
##vote obstacle

Don't like your posting, you're content to just try to skate by. You haven't scumhunted this game, you've just called people town - and undeservedly so.

I will probably be asleep for deadline.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

DGK2000 posted:

Tired of D1 town apathy? Really? GTFO.

##vote WWM

:qq: This is you, all game every game. :qq:

You peaked when you took your vig shot, and now you're just going to spend the rest of the game going "welp I'm town :smug:"

Take your own advice.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'll post flips for Jake since he got probated.

The flip is that you're all pretty bad at mafia and I am too

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Obstacle2 posted:

I'm nexus, if that helps anyone.

Obstacle2 posted:

Taste seems scummy to me, can't really say why.

I will also be asleep for deadline but this seems like the most likely candidate for the day. The first post gives me a bad (bad as in the quality of it) hunch but the taste hunting for no stated reason feels really grody.

##vote Obstacle2

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

I will also be asleep for deadline but this seems like the most likely candidate for the day. The first post gives me a bad (bad as in the quality of it) hunch but the taste hunting for no stated reason feels really grody.

##vote Obstacle2

God this post gives me straight up the scummiest gut feelings. He's even agreeing with me but I still don't like it.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Quandary posted:

God this post gives me straight up the scummiest gut feelings. He's even agreeing with me but I still don't like it.

Gut feel what you want baby, I gut feel he's gross.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Obstacle is a bad vote, giive disco more respect please

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote No Lynch

I'm not seeing a convincing case anywhere on anyone. I'll be doing a bit of rereading, but yeah, I'm kind of out of ideas at this point in time.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Obstacle2 (5): Quandary, MC Eating Disorder, Gridlocked, WHICH WAY MADNESS, dscruffy1
Lynch No One! (3): Tremendous Taste, SirSamVimes, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Tremendous Taste (2): Gridlocked, Gridlocked, Hazdoc, imgay, Obstacle2, Hazdoc
CapitalistPig (2): Chic Trombone, Illuen
imgay (1): Jedit, WHICH WAY MADNESS, WHICH WAY MADNESS
MC Eating Disorder (1): WHICH WAY MADNESS, Gridlocked, Hazdoc, Gridlocked, WHICH WAY MADNESS
WHICH WAY MADNESS (1): SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, DGK2000
Jedit (1): DGK2000, DGK2000, DGK2000, CapitalistPig, dscruffy1, DGK2000, dscruffy1
SirSamVimes (0): dscruffy1, dscruffy1
Illuen (0): Quandary, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Quandary
Hazdoc (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder

Not Voting (1): Shark Mafia

There are 17 living players. Elimination occurs at 9 votes!

The current deadline is June 04th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 2 minutes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think d1 just got extended 3 more days with jakep's probations

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quandary posted:

I think we have to lynch Obstacle now if we're going to lynch anyone. I don't want to lynch at random if we can flip someone and get information on the people who voted for him. I agree with you that dscruffy looks bad - this is the second bandwagon he's tried to push in as many posts - and I want to look at him very hard on Day 2, but I have to ##vote Obstacle2 now because the reasons provided by yourself and MCED aren't exactly specious.

I should add in the interests of full disclosure that the first bandwagon dscruffy joined was on me, where he dropped a third vote on me right after Pig to make me vote leader over MCED. MCED was ringing bells for me earlier on, but less so on a re-read; I hadn't seen that he had already voted for Obstacle when he made the post calling Obstacle out for not mentioning names while not mentioning any himself or voting. Also it would be pretty dumb for the scum to risk outing themselves to protect their own at -6. dscruffy's vote on me feels like him angling for momentum that he didn't think he could get on MCED, not coordinated action between him and Pig and/or for MCED.

I have to go to bed now so that's me until after the deadline. My vote stays on Obstacle for now because we're short of time and may get held to the deadline despite Jake's probation. If we don't hammer him and we do get the unexpected extension, though, I want to hear what people have to say about dscruffy before we lynch anyone.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Obstacle is such a dumb vote and your reasoning for it is dumb.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

imgay posted:

Obstacle is such a dumb vote and your reasoning for it is dumb.

so you're his scumbro then is what I'm getting from this?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
After losing a bunch of games as Tychus last night, if anyone wants to declare them selves as Tychus so I can lynch you as revenge that would be great.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

so you're his scumbro then is what I'm getting from this?

No, but everyone piling up on him as an excuse that its that or no lynch is mad dumb.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

imgay posted:

No, but everyone piling up on him as an excuse that its that or no lynch is mad dumb.

I agree with this sentiment. The people really pushing it is loving dumb and scummy. DUMB AND SCUMMY. WWM is mad scummy. And I'm not voting Obstacle because I don't really feel that.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

imgay posted:

yeah I mean thats true if you stretch the definition of "everyone" to mean "maybe one person"

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
not that I think that there's not a single scum on the obstacle vote but at the very least they have the common decency to agree with my obviously brilliant and completely flawless argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I talked to jake on mumble and he said he was going to post flips on votefinder.

• Locked thread