Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Asehujiko posted:

There's a ! on my map in skellige, near the druid hill. It's attached to a generic druid that only gives out generic responses, how do I start that quest? Getting kind of annoyed at how many sidequests are completely busted.

I have the same problem, it's apparently a tie-in to the master alchemist quest the gets bugged if you talk to the alchemist first. It's more or less a breadcrumb, so we're not missing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Did I just hear someone say "The Eternal Fire will protect us! It gives monsters the shits!"?
Yes.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I swear there's a guard in Novigrad that says the "Maybe, Maybe Not, Maybe gently caress You" line from The Departed. The random dialogue NPCs give is pretty great.
Yes.

Makin' me a sling shot! Gonna hunt BEARS!

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Mastercrafted Ursine Armor

I AM the Danger.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Loving how all the gambesons vacillate between hobo murderer threads and foppish dandy wear. It's always a surprise what I'll get when I craft one.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Bort Bortles posted:

Can anyone point me to where I can get some Vampire Oil? I have the Enhanced and Superior recipes but am level 17 and cannot find the basic recipe. I have seen all the alchemists on the main contintent...do I have to go to the good one on Skillige (that I have not been to yet)?

I think I found it on an alchemist in the southern part of novigrad. I'm not in front of my home computer but I think across the bridges to the south of hierarch square, east of Crippled Kates.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
For those who have opted to leave off The Witcher: Wild Hunt until the next patch is implemented, here is an authentic Oxenfurt simulator:

> Redanian Soldier says "You'll choke to death on three pounds of steel."
> Redanian Soldier says "Your kind spreads disease, d-" (you have moved out of audible range)
> You are drunk

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

Can anyone point me to where I can get some Vampire Oil? I have the Enhanced and Superior recipes but am level 17 and cannot find the basic recipe. I have seen all the alchemists on the main contintent...do I have to go to the good one on Skillige (that I have not been to yet)?

Keira sells a copy.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Just finished Ugly Baby/Va Fail Elaine. This game literally transitioned from drunk witcher shenanigans to torturing Uma with the Trial of the Witchers. And I love it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pellisworth posted:

I definitely had to stalk down that particular merchant in Claywich Village for the two archer cards. I don't think there's anything else of consequence there and the persons in distress take some time to return to their shops, so it's very possible you missed it.
I'll have to go double check then, thanks :)

Levantine posted:

I think I found it on an alchemist in the southern part of novigrad. I'm not in front of my home computer but I think across the bridges to the south of hierarch square, east of Crippled Kates.
I've been to him, he does not have it :( Thanks though.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Keira sells a copy.
That would explain it, thanks! She is already at Kaer Morhen, though, so I'm going to guess that I am screwed because knowing this game, I will not be able to shop from her once I get to kaer Morhen.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bort Bortles posted:

That would explain it, thanks! She is already at Kaer Morhen, though, so I'm going to guess that I am screwed because knowing this game, I will not be able to shop from her once I get to kaer Morhen.

You're not screwed, actually. Her shop is still open at Kaer Morhen. She won't be there the first time you go but advance the plot a bit and she will show up. You'll need to talk to her a few times before you get the option to ask to buy stuff.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You're not screwed, actually. Her shop is still open at Kaer Morhen. She won't be there the first time you go but advance the plot a bit and she will show up. You'll need to talk to her a few times before you get the option to ask to buy stuff.
Good to know, thanks! Too bad I have not even gone to Skellige yet, Dandelion's quest chain is seriously getting tedious. Everything requires going and doing something else, which then leads to someone else that needs help. Therefore I doubt I will get to Kaer Morhen soon, but I'm pretty powerful either way so I shouldnt need the oil that much.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Campbell posted:

What's your strategy? In my deck, I've removed all weathers except 1 melee and 1 siege (I'm using the Foltest ranged weather leader). Prioritize Decoys, and Horns, and limit your unit deck to only the minimum required with only the strongest or most useful included (I'm on the fence about Poor loving Infantry now just because they could be a good throwaway...but it seems like too great an expense when you could have a 6+ power guy instead).

There is no such thing as a throwaway in the sense of bringing a deliberately weak card. It's not like you have to spend mana or some other resource in proportion to their strength to summon them; a higher strength unit is just better than a lower-strength one. If the weakest or least important card you have is some 5-6 strength dude, then good for you. It's one card out of your hand either way and he will take more effort from the enemy to counter.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
So those Gwent card lists said you're supposed to have 2 Clear Weathers in the started deck. I had only one, but just got a second one as a random merchant win.

The neutral cards seem a bit random, I & others have been saying there are more Poor loving Infantry cards than on the card lists for example, some other minor things. It seems the achievement is doable regardless (they say that only needs one copy of each card so random number of duplicates is fine).

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yep I am missing some "starting" cards as well - no idea if I had them when I started or not but some of those lists are definitely wrong.

Also tons of lists just seem to copy-paste the prima guide for gwent card vendors, and thus are missing the guy selling cards in lindenvale.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

That's a perfectly fair thing, but the reason it doesn't quite fly is that the white dudes are still being played by white dudes.

loving Slavs (not whites) writing games about Polish scars over their discrimination and treatment during WWII and afterwards.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bort Bortles posted:

Good to know, thanks! Too bad I have not even gone to Skellige yet, Dandelion's quest chain is seriously getting tedious. Everything requires going and doing something else, which then leads to someone else that needs help. Therefore I doubt I will get to Kaer Morhen soon, but I'm pretty powerful either way so I shouldnt need the oil that much.

If you want to check the alchemy vendors on Skellige you do not have to wait to go there. The only limiting factor is paying the ship captain 1000 crowns to take you, and after that you just fast travel back and forth from the mainland. You can ignore the main quest stuff there until you're ready. I haven't quite finished the game yet but vampires don't seem to be a very common enemy anyway and mostly turn up in side quests.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Best looking armor is the starting armor from the wolf school. If you aren't a garbage tier player it will serve you just fine the whole game.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
The quests in this game are so dadgum good, god drat.

The game needs a replayable quest line selection menu after you beat it that upon selection will create a parallel universe save that sets your level equal to the quest level you choose, gives you the best gear for that level (you choose the gear school), and the appropriate amount of unspent talent points, and places you right next to the quest's starting location.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Best looking armor is the starting armor from the wolf school. If you aren't a garbage tier player it will serve you just fine the whole game.

I'm going to take this time to reveal myself to be a pretty princess dresser-upper extraordinaire and express my extreme disappointment that the cloaks shown in the opening cutscenes and trailers aren't actually in the game.

Especially considering that this game's cloth physics appear to be pretty good I was hyped for some hoods and cloaks.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Wrong, best armour is the towel you get in Vizima. Just remember to drop it on the floor before you choose an outfit so it doesn't get removed.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I was just doing Cabaret quest and holy poo poo this turned from a very light hearted comedy romp into something quite different in one instant. I love how the game plays with your expectations like that.

Also, feel free to spoil another unrelated plot point: does Thaler ever go back and make those shoes for the trolls?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a perfect example of someone who hasn't seen the Ursine armours :colbert:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

MadJackMcJack posted:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a perfect example of someone who hasn't seen the Ursine armours :colbert:

Take your Assassins Creedy longcoat nonsense and geddufukaddaheah

CDPR, can you please give us the ability to abandon quests in our quest log? I'm not doing any grey quests because I don't want to stop receiving XP, and the completionist in me hates seeing unfinished quests :(

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 5, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr. Abysmal posted:

If you want to check the alchemy vendors on Skellige you do not have to wait to go there. The only limiting factor is paying the ship captain 1000 crowns to take you, and after that you just fast travel back and forth from the mainland. You can ignore the main quest stuff there until you're ready. I haven't quite finished the game yet but vampires don't seem to be a very common enemy anyway and mostly turn up in side quests.
Yeah that is what I heard I just wanted to "tie up some loose ends" but lol Dandelion. Thanks for all your help :)

edit: Havent I seen that you can get your money back for the trip to Skellige? I have like 20k because I am a klepto so its not like I need it, but, yeah.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000

Voyager I posted:

There is no such thing as a throwaway in the sense of bringing a deliberately weak card. It's not like you have to spend mana or some other resource in proportion to their strength to summon them; a higher strength unit is just better than a lower-strength one. If the weakest or least important card you have is some 5-6 strength dude, then good for you. It's one card out of your hand either way and he will take more effort from the enemy to counter.

That's true, but I've run into some times where my weakest is a 4 point card and I REALLY just wish I had a 1 pointer to finish baiting a pass from the AI. Pretty much every first round for me is an attempt to bait a pass or 10pt drop.
Poor loving Infantry also excels in blizzards w/ horn/etc, so I dunno. Niche card that's maybe so niche it's not super useful.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Bort Bortles posted:

Yeah that is what I heard I just wanted to "tie up some loose ends" but lol Dandelion. Thanks for all your help :)

edit: Havent I seen that you can get your money back for the trip to Skellige? I have like 20k because I am a klepto so its not like I need it, but, yeah.

There's a corpse on the beach you arrive at that has 1000 crowns on it.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Campbell posted:

That's true, but I've run into some times where my weakest is a 4 point card and I REALLY just wish I had a 1 pointer to finish baiting a pass from the AI. Pretty much every first round for me is an attempt to bait a pass or 10pt drop.
Poor loving Infantry also excels in blizzards w/ horn/etc, so I dunno. Niche card that's maybe so niche it's not super useful.

There are two versions of PFI - the ones with close bonds are definitely worth having in your deck for just the reasons you put above. Great for baiting card drops, and the bonus stacks on top of blizzards so they're actually worth MORE than regular cards.

Edit: VV If you have the cards to round out the 22 unit baseline without using them, then yeah it's probably not worth using them for their very situational benefit. But given the choice between the 1 pt siege engineer and the tight bonds PFI, I'll keep the PFI.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 5, 2015

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Campbell posted:

If you are sticking to 22 units there is no reason to have a 1 pointer instead of a 4 pointer. Just stack your deck with the strongest 22 units possible (taking into account things like synergies and weaknesses to scorch, so I don't necessarily mean the highest pointers all the time) and then treat the 4s as a throwaway. Hell, my deck is so stacked at this point that 5s and 6s are throwaways to bait out the opponent.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 5, 2015

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Comrade Flynn posted:

Lambert might be the worst character in any game.

Why? He rubs me the wrong way and has Danny McBride mannerisms, but somehow he comes off as a loveable rear end in a top hat in the Witcher world.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
People don't like him because he killed a troll for money.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

turtlecrunch posted:

People don't like him because he killed a troll for money.

And he is mean to the trolls we can easily just talk to and avoid a fight with, and also he's a whiny bitch :mad:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I couldn't be mad at Lambert after chatting with him at the Circle. That's a lovely way to become a witcher.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

dyzzy posted:

I couldn't be mad at Lambert after chatting with him at the Circle. That's a lovely way to become a witcher.

On the one hand yes, on the other dude has probably had half a century to figure out how to cope. Adam Jensen got his poo poo sorted in like six months.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

lambert got himself some of that keira metz so hell be alright

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

lambert got himself some of that keira metz so hell be alright

Who hasn't at this point?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MadJackMcJack posted:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a perfect example of someone who hasn't seen the Feline Wifebeater and Tact-leneck. :colbert:

edited to add: I've missed about a thousand posts out of this thread due to work getting crazy the last few days, has anyone discussed or had any luck with the xp fixing mod over on Nexus? Works/doesn't work? I'm not even getting xp from main quests anymore, and it's souring me somewhat on playing until it gets fixed. But it's the long weekend and my wife and kid will be in the country for most of it and I want to get my Witcher on...

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 5, 2015

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Macaluso posted:

And he is mean to the trolls we can easily just talk to and avoid a fight with, and also he's a whiny bitch :mad:

Not that it justifies his attitude but I cut him some slack because 99% of the rest of the world would react the same way. Also, having been burned by Witch Hunters who asked me to turn my weapons in, I was 50/50 on whether the same poo poo was going to happen again.

Side question: Do Succubi gently caress their victims/partners to death or something? Why do humans put out monster contracts on them if they're otherwise harmless?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Well, that one in question did kill humans. I imagine that if they do gently caress people to death, it's more about exhaustion and possibly rough sex.

And as Mad Rad & Witch Hunters show, people always find someone to blame. I got the mages out, attention turned to non-humans. Zoltan couldn't booze up the jail guards then...

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009

theDOWmustflow posted:

Side question: Do Succubi gently caress their victims/partners to death or something? Why do humans put out monster contracts on them if they're otherwise harmless?

99% of the population in the witcher doesn't know anything that is true about monsters so they probably just have alot of incorrect folklore about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

theDOWmustflow posted:

I'd imagine at its best it's incredibly addicting.