Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm seriously confused as to how that guy thinks it is an obvious fact that TNA has more revenue than RoH. I mean out of all of the crazy things he's saying, that one just stands out to me.

They don't sell tickets

They don't hold PPVs

Do we think Destination America is paying them a bunch of money? I feel like I'm missing some key aspect of TNA that makes them seem like a well run and financially secure company to another human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I feel like I'm missing some key aspect of TNA that makes them seem like a well run and financially secure company to another human being.

"They aren't WWE" is probably all the justification most TNA fans need to continue believing that whatever dumb thing Dixie does is a good idea.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just want to go on record and say that I like streamers in ROH.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ROH actually sells those streamers at the merch table for live events so with that in mind they generated more revenue selling rolls of colorful paper than TNA has on live gates and ppv lately

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Do they sell them now? For years you just had to bring them yourselves and then eventually the one fan who goes to every show became STREAMER GUY and just shared about 100 with fans.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah they sell them at the shows I've been to

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

HulkaMatt posted:

Do they sell them now? For years you just had to bring them yourselves and then eventually the one fan who goes to every show became STREAMER GUY and just shared about 100 with fans.

IIRC there were streamers left under the chairs at the ROH shows I went to.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

They were selling streamers for something like 3 for $10 at Global Wars and Okada Bucks for 5 bucks a package. Sadly I was nowhere near the entrance so I didn't get to make it rain and now I have a pile of fake money in my room. Best 5 bucks I spent at a wrestling show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you can either buy them or flag down one of the husky guys in a black t-shirt and jeans sprinting around ringside to clean them up for free slightly used streamers

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

STREAMER GUY's still around and passing them out in his custom t-shirt, but yeah they sell them now too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm seriously confused as to how that guy thinks it is an obvious fact that TNA has more revenue than RoH. I mean out of all of the crazy things he's saying, that one just stands out to me.

They don't sell tickets

They don't hold PPVs

Do we think Destination America is paying them a bunch of money? I feel like I'm missing some key aspect of TNA that makes them seem like a well run and financially secure company to another human being.

International Licensing!

lol, no. TNA loses money at an insane rate every quarter.

ROH has always run on close budgets, made sure everyone got paid, got merch to the tables and DVDs out the door in a reasonable manner. Now their houses are up, their exposure through DA get them more traffic to their site, its looking good for ROH.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'm dead

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it begins

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Spermgod posted:

it begins

Lmfao

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Lead-in killer as opposed to?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Lead-in killer as opposed to?

Bigfoot burial mound mysteries

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Well obviously ROH is so bad at being a wrasslin' show that folks won't stick around for TNA, the superior product. It's definitely not because TNA has a terrible reputation and people are just changing the channel to something better!

Dirt sheets.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

Bigfoot burial mound mysteries

i was looking for destination america on my box so i wouldnt miss roh, and the show before that had a bunch of hillbillies running around in the dark, hootin and hollerin, shootin guns, and claiming they were gonna catch bigfoot. i need to watch more destination america, especially when mark and jay briscoe get a tv show

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Spermgod posted:

it begins

I like the idea that someone would flip to a channel an hour early just because a show airs before their favorite show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

NXT is Triple H's trojan horse for taking down WWE, and Corporate Kane is in the authority because that's step 237 in his 12 year plan to defeat the Undertaker. #ScoopzBrother.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Is Ben Miller just being knee jerk contrary or does he actually think this logic makes sense?

This TBS (Does TBS even exist anymore? I've got Peachtree where TBS used to be)/Adult Swim analogy sucks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the bigfoot mysteries show seems to be predicated on the idea that bigfoots have a level of intelligence approaching that of humans

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

NXT is completely separate in fact I watch it on the NXT Network which is only $N.xt a month

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

epitasis posted:

the bigfoot mysteries show seems to be predicated on the idea that bigfoots have a level of intelligence approaching that of humans

Much like Ben Miller's scintillating takes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I mean much like your posts haha

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

epitasis posted:

It was great when the end of the show was like "What I found was conclusive evidence that Bigfoot exists" and then it cut to a Briscoes promo.

Renaissance Spam posted:

Is Ben Miller just being knee jerk contrary or does he actually think this logic makes sense?

This TBS (Does TBS even exist anymore? I've got Peachtree where TBS used to be)/Adult Swim analogy sucks.

Yeah, TBS stopped being a superstation like 7 or 8 years ago. Peachtree is the broadcast arm, TBS is the cable arm.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Renaissance Spam posted:

He and everyone like him's logic is "I hate WWE but I like NXT so I'm gonna do mental gymnastics to justify it"

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
He said a load of dumb stuff, isn't willing to take it back, and so now is saying a whole load of dumber stuff in order to try and justify it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I will say that NXT isn't just a separate brand like Raw and Smackdown used to be. NXT is treated separately and their creative team is different, almost like the NJPW/NOAH relationship, and until recently was never mentioned unless someone got called up or they were hyping a Takeover (and even that's pretty recent too). Besides, a bunch of wrestling websites can make up whatever rules they want for what's "official". Nobody's necessarily wrong there. I don't know why it matters to some wrestlenerds when other wrestlenerds want to call it a different product. It's just one more goofy-rear end semantic to complain about.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Because saying it's a different promotion is factually incorrect. It's not really up for debate. Smackdown from 2002-2011 was not a different promotion either. And neither was WWE's ECW.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Daniel Bryan posted:

Because saying it's a different promotion is factually incorrect. It's not really up for debate. Smackdown from 2002-2011 was not a different promotion either. And neither was WWE's ECW.

Counterpoint: who gives a poo poo

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Hello, my name is INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD, nice to meet you.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Other than "I don't like WWE but I like NXT" what is the point of considering it to be separate?
They don't have national TV and aren't in the conversation as the #2 promotion.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sticklefifer posted:

Apparently you

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Other than "I don't like WWE but I like NXT" what is the point of considering it to be separate?
They don't have national TV and aren't in the conversation as the #2 promotion.

I think Miller is separating the two just to justify ranking ROH as "not even in the top 3."

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I think Miller is separating the two just to justify ranking ROH as "not even in the top 3."

That's what I'm thinking, which is stupid because at this point it's scuttling the ship. "If TNA can't be #2 then damnit no Indy can be either!"

Also, I thought that if the Univision deal went through it was LU that was going to be #2.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Renaissance Spam posted:

That's what I'm thinking, which is stupid because at this point it's scuttling the ship. "If TNA can't be #2 then damnit no Indy can be either!"

Also, I thought that if the Univision deal went through it was LU that was going to be #2.

Yes, but based on the last couple weeks I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Renaissance Spam posted:

If NXT can't be considered a separate promotion from WWE, does the same apply to LU and AAA?

E: Hell, LU doesn't even have a touring schedule.