Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

the best game ever made is still morrowind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:lol: I love the glitches and quirks of ES combat

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
did any of you assholes that suck star control 2's dick even exist when it was released :fogey:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Cross posting this from the MGSV thread because lmao good poo poo Bethesda.

Jack Trades posted:

Only one of these games comes out on last-gen consoles too.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

precision posted:

did any of you assholes that suck star control 2's dick even exist when it was released :fogey:

it was released in 1992, you idiot. you'd have to like be a teenager not have been alive when it was released.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"You guys haven't seen the things I've seen, man. I've been around for a long time now. if you'd seen what the world was like before 9/11, you'd understand."

-precision

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bicyclops posted:

it was released in 1992, you idiot. you'd have to like be a teenager not have been alive when it was released.

I'm 21 and was born in 93

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

"You guys haven't seen the things I've seen, man. I've been around for a long time now. if you'd seen what the world was like before 9/11, you'd understand."

-precision

this but unironically

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i don't like next-gen graphics because eventually your standards are raised so high you can no longer enjoy anything unless it looks real enough to reach out of the screen and loving smack you

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Someone buy me the Splatoon amiibo 3 pack. Thanks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Amiibo collecting is a better retirement plan than my 401k

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hey guys remember 9/11

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I still think Paradox needs to make amiibos

I would shell out for a little bobblehead Jan Sobieski

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

I'm 21 and was born in 93

haha!! look at this baby!! everyone point and laugh at the babY!!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

hubris.height posted:

hey guys remember 9/11

Now that even Wolfenstein is putting Holocaust poo poo in their games it's only a matter of time until people make games that take place during 9/11.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

Now that even Wolfenstein is putting Holocaust poo poo in their games it's only a matter of time until people make games that take place during 9/11.

Can't wait for the FPS that has a level where you're running through the towers as they collapse so you can retrieve the plane's black box and prove that Kevin Spacey knew

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sleeveless posted:

Press X to Pay Respects

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
press f to melt steel beams

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

i don't like next-gen graphics because eventually your standards are raised so high you can no longer enjoy anything unless it looks real enough to reach out of the screen and loving smack you
Actually, this doesn't happen to normal people.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Can't wait for the FPS that has a level where you're running through the towers as they collapse so you can retrieve the plane's black box and prove that Kevin Spacey knew

A controversial level where you plant the thermite for the controlled demolition because jet fuel can't melt steel beams. The hidden collectibles in the level are loose change.

At some point during the mission you shove someone out a window for even more controversy.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

hubris.height posted:

press f to melt steel beams

It's not very effective...

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

JEWS uses Controlled Demolition on Steel Beams...

It's super effective!

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

FactsAreUseless posted:

It seems to happen to quite a lot of people on the internet though!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Normal people don't really play older games and it's almost entirely because of graphics

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Adam Bowen posted:

Normal people don't really play older games and it's almost entirely because of graphics

Plenty of normal people play whatever 2d indie game is popular today. They don't play old games because they're old.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Adam Bowen posted:

i can't fucken stand going back to games from the 90s because they all have the worst UIs

many of them are somehow worse if you try and use a mouse, too :psyduck:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

i can't fucken stand going back to games from the 90s because they all have the worst UIs

many of them are somehow worse if you try and use a mouse, too :psyduck:

True, I play games from the mid 90s probably as much as modern games but they're almost all console games. PC devs were really bad at UIs and control schemes pretty much entirely through the 90's. It's a bummer because there are really interesting games from that era and some of my favorite genres peaked by 95 but the games are almost unplayable by today's standards.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Mechwarrior 3 is still the best mech game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Me: :v: man Dune 2 was really good! i'm going to replay that poo poo so hard.

10 minutes into the first mission: oh my god why am i doing this

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

computer parts posted:

Plenty of normal people play whatever 2d indie game is popular today. They don't play old games because they're old.

I know several people who literally won't play a game if it doesn't have at least Assassin's Creed 1 level graphics.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's weird going back to your favorite games. Like play any platformer from the N64 era and you find yourself yelling "Why is the camera in the wall! How come I can't get it out of the wall! I can't see myself!" They're still good, but you have to accept them for the time they are made.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

precision posted:

Me: :v: man Dune 2 was really good! i'm going to replay that poo poo so hard.

10 minutes into the first mission: oh my god why am i doing this

Unit lost. Unit lost.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Even like, Dragon Quest, if you're not playing the remakes, there's a lot of "What the hell? How many layers of this menu do I have to through just to press the basic action command?!"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

I have a russian friend who is like that, if it isn't Tekken-tier graphics he couldn't give a poo poo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

It's weird going back to your favorite games. Like play any platformer from the N64 era and you find yourself yelling "Why is the camera in the wall! How come I can't get it out of the wall! I can't see myself!" They're still good, but you have to accept them for the time they are made.

That's why handheld remakes are a Good Thing.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

they were better than what came later.

blinx the time sweeper

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

That's why handheld remakes are a Good Thing.

Yeah, like sometimes all it takes is "convert all these commands into ACTION button."

My stupid wish is that they would make a remake of extremely unpopular game, The Seventh Saga, where they altered the numbers so the level scaling wasn't broken like in the Western version, so that I could finally complete the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like i know there are ROM hacks but it just isn't the same.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

Hell yeah. That's why I'm ripping it the hell off.

Got a page about it? Wanna see this poo poo.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilled
May 29, 2013
Anyone play Ark? I heard it was fun, but a little glitchy.

• Locked thread