Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Ah, yeah. Then again, maybe I should wait and see if we get a mansion or whatever in a few days...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Still waiting for lowriders :(.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

BombermanX posted:

Still waiting for lowriders :(.

I recently suped up my Picador and was thoroughly disappointed when I couldn't put hydraulics on it.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

mutata posted:

Cool! Thanks. Now I have to figure out which apartment is best apartment...

I like the eclipse towers 40 one, you get a great view over the city. Alta 3 is also good.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

mutata posted:

Cool! Thanks. Now I have to figure out which apartment is best apartment...

I bought all 3 at Weazel Plaza so my garages are easily accessible. I started with 101 on 360 because I liked the view, but now I don't really give a poo poo, but having all the garages together is nice.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

I like 3 Alta Street, Apartment. 10 and 3 Alta Street, Apartment. 57. Almost the cheapest apartments that can still be used for heists, and they're right smack dab in the center of LS by the unfinished skyscraper and light rail stop, which means easy escapes from the cops.

That and it's close to the La Puerta helipad, not too far from an Ammunation, and the Eastern Mod Shop is easy to get to.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I've always liked Del Perro the black building in the west of the city, it's got a secluded garage entrance, has an ammu-nation and 7/11 within a block and it's pretty direct to the marina and airport.

You have a view over the junction next to ammu-nation so you usually get to watch someone blow up, although the view out of your telescope is the side of the building next to you.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Main thing I like about either Alta apartment is that you can see the garage entrance from your window so you know if someone's camping it.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I guess I have to take the good with the bad after getting gifted millions. Some hacker spent probably 20 minutes just warping to me and one-shotting me while I was AFK making dinner. Better me than someone actually playing the game but how is that actually fun for these deficient mouth-breathers?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

BlackIronHeart posted:

I guess I have to take the good with the bad after getting gifted millions. Some hacker spent probably 20 minutes just warping to me and one-shotting me while I was AFK making dinner. Better me than someone actually playing the game but how is that actually fun for these deficient mouth-breathers?

Because they're 15 and think they're ruining the game for you. I'd just change sessions if someone started doing it to me, in fact I did change sessions many times in the glory days of the Xbox 360.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Nintendo Kid posted:

I like 3 Alta Street, Apartment. 10 and 3 Alta Street, Apartment. 57. Almost the cheapest apartments that can still be used for heists, and they're right smack dab in the center of LS by the unfinished skyscraper and light rail stop, which means easy escapes from the cops.

3 Alta is prime location.
Like you said it's right in the middle of the city, but it's also close to a mod shop, clothes shop, an Ammunation a Helipad for spawning your Buzzard/frogger, and Mors Mutual depot is literally around the corner. There's also a gang attack location right across the street, as well as a subway tunnel entrance.

The actual road access is good too, mostly off of the big avenues and close to an on/offramp.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 8, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Fishstick posted:

Like you said it's right in the middle of the city, but it's also close to a mod shop, clothes shop, an Ammunation a Helipad for spawning your Buzzard/frogger, and Mors Mutual depot is literally around the corner. There's also a gang attack location right across the street, as well as a subway tunnel entrance.

The actual road access is good too, mostly off of the big avenues and close to an on/offramp.

Stop convincing me to get rid of one of my houses for this.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Fishstick posted:

The airport is also a straight shot south from the road your car exits onto, and it's far enough away from the Richards Majestic clusterfuck that the vast majority of the time you can exit your garage in peace. The parking lot directly behind the garage entrance also has a freeway entrance through a broken wall in the SW corner on the South wall. It's also literally walking distance from the Mors Insurance lot less than a block away to the south.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Floppychop posted:

Main thing I like about either Alta apartment is that you can see the garage entrance from your window so you know if someone's camping it.

You can do that with every apartment (cctv)

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Honestly I'm really looking forward to Wednesday. All I've wanted since PC launch is a DLC with cosmetics, and cars that have Louis Vuitton sort of designs on them.

Anyone know the price on the mansion?

theguybro fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 8, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

theguybro posted:

Honestly I'm really looking forward to Wednesday. All I've wanted since PC launch is a DLC with cosmetics, and cars that have Louis Vuitton sort of designs on them.

Anyone know the price on the mansion?

Been away for a while, are you able to spawn the aircraft carrier?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
On the plus side, Alta Street is pretty central, which is great for getting to any of the three chop shops, the airport, various clothing stores, etc. After playing a solid year after launch (and intermittently since then) I know pretty much how to get from that place to whatever I need. But it's more expensive than every ten-car garage, so I would say if you need a heisting apartment, Alta Street is great, but if you have one already then unless it's in the arse-end of nowhere you're fine. Maybe once they up the cap for houses and garages, but you know.

On the note of being in the arse-end of nowhere, I know we've been saying this for a while now but I would really love having a 10 car garage/apartment up north of the city. The few times I play nowadays, I barely leave the city, which is a shame.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

geeves posted:

Been away for a while, are you able to spawn the aircraft carrier?

Dunno, what's the name of the actual vehicle? Also, where can I find it (even if in SP only)?

Edit: wait wut is it a vehicle

Nvm just googled it, it's that heist poo poo. Nah, doubtfully.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 8, 2015

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Apparently there was a "Heavy Rifle" in an earlier build of the game that looked like a SCAR-H. Semi-autos are almost always my weapon of choice in shooters, so I hope they bring it back in a future update. I'm phone posting or I'd look it up myself, but there's a picture floating around that shows the weapon-wheel renderings of all core and DLC weapons plus a few unused ones, so I've got my fingers crossed. There's also an MG3-looking LMG that I'd like to have.

unless we're talking about different guns, that mg is actually an kh21. there's only 4 cut guns (guns, not props or melee weapons) left in the hud for the game I think. there's also a few lines referencing a usas-12 that doesn't have a hud icon, which would have owned.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

unless we're talking about different guns, that mg is actually an kh21. there's only 4 cut guns (guns, not props or melee weapons) left in the hud for the game I think. there's also a few lines referencing a usas-12 that doesn't have a hud icon, which would have owned.

I looked through the weapons files when it was mentioned about missing guns, and I didn't find any info about any other guns other than the ones that we can currently get in game.

Those look nice though and they should put them back in game

theguybro fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 8, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Alta Street sounds good. Del Perro can be such a clusterfuck sometimes.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

mutata posted:

So Googling gives me various answers from throughout the game's lifespan, so I'm asking here: do you ever get the chance to change your online character's appearance? After you've already started online that is?

You can submit a ticket to R* and they'll just up and give you a new redesign upon next login.

They'll also reset your custom license plate too if you ask.

Support is really good with small cosmetic annoyances and not so good solving actual game breaking exploits.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Zutaten posted:

They'll also reset your custom license plate too if you ask.

Wait wtf is this?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

So apparently Cockstar support couldn't verify that I ever had a Romero in my Del Perro Heights garage. Fuckwits.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TheDarkFlame posted:

On the plus side, Alta Street is pretty central, which is great for getting to any of the three chop shops, the airport, various clothing stores, etc. After playing a solid year after launch (and intermittently since then) I know pretty much how to get from that place to whatever I need. But it's more expensive than every ten-car garage, so I would say if you need a heisting apartment, Alta Street is great, but if you have one already then unless it's in the arse-end of nowhere you're fine. Maybe once they up the cap for houses and garages, but you know.

On the note of being in the arse-end of nowhere, I know we've been saying this for a while now but I would really love having a 10 car garage/apartment up north of the city. The few times I play nowadays, I barely leave the city, which is a shame.

The two main Alta St apartments are $217,000 and $230,000. The absolute cheapest 10 car garage apartments are two apartments in Del Perro for $200,000 and like $210,000

Are you confusing the one "renovated" and thus expensive apartment in Alta St for the other two?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

TheDarkFlame posted:

So buy a house? Is not having a four additional custom cars really that big of a dealbreaker? I mean yeah it sucks that there's no 10 car garages out in the country but it's not going to stop me from buying one of those 6 car houses at the top of the map.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So buy a house? Is not having a four additional custom cars really that big of a dealbreaker?
Absolutely.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Personally I try to drive a different car for every day of the week.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Nintendo Kid posted:

The two main Alta St apartments are $217,000 and $230,000. The absolute cheapest 10 car garage apartments are two apartments in Del Perro for $200,000 and like $210,000

Are you confusing the one "renovated" and thus expensive apartment in Alta St for the other two?

No, not ten-car apartments, ten car garages. Like the two down at the airport. There's a few around the city, they're betweeen $100k and $150k, while 10-car apartments start at $200k if I remember correctly? My point was it's great if you don't have an apartment for heists, but you don't really need a second one, and while Alta Street is in a nice place, it's not worth buying a second one or replacing your first one to have it.

And yeah, honestly I like having cars, even if getting the money to upgrade them is a complete farce. There are a number of cars I own entirely for the novelty of it.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

My favorite apartment is Eclipse 40 because it has sweet views and jumping over traffic to slam into the garage door never gets old.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Third one down looks like a Tactilol AR-10. I'm guessing that became the Marksman Rifle.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I bought all 3 Del Perro apartments just to be able to easily transfer and organize cars, I hate waiting on the Mechanic to cool down.

Also, I need the 30 spaces because a) I'm a hoarder and like to have different cars to drive, and b) I buy Adders to sell later as a way of laundering the money I get from modders so Cockstar can't take it away from me, especially since the new update is coming up soon and I can tell the new stuff is going to be hella expensive.

Though honestly, if I'm not driving my Armored Kuruma I'm usually riding a motorcycle, even though I also have a few daily drivers I like to cruise around with as well. I tried making a racing garage with the best upgraded cars of each class but I realized it was pointless because most races usually have custom vehicles turned off anyway, and I don't do races all that often anyway.

If I really wanted to and downgrade my properties, I could just get rid of all my vehicles except my Armored Kuruma, Zentrono, Hearse, Daemon, single headlight Ruffian, Injection, and Dukes and I'd be satisfied, and still have room for four other cars or bikes. Supercars are overrated especially considering the 120mph speed limiter but you gotta at least have one fast as gently caress overpriced car, am I right? :v:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 8, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I bought the vinewood apartment for the pacific standard heist giving up 4 car spaces to make the pacific standard heist easier, and have probably utilized it 20 times, saving at least 100 grand a run, and turning it into a 20 minute job.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Weazl Plaza`s North West view is my favourite pad in the game because I can just stand in any of the massive windows and watch the city burn while I pre-game.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

I really wish R* would release prices on all the fun poo poo coming on Wednesday. I need to know how much I need to grind before DLC launch!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

re: Apartment chat, I bought all 3 of the Richards Majestic ones. 30 cars worth of storage space, all in one convenient location, and the view is really nice. I like being able to look out over the freeway and the golf course, and i'm not too far from LS Customs, an Ammunation, and a clothing store :v:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

unless we're talking about different guns, that mg is actually an kh21.

Yeah, you're right. Either way, it's cool and I want it, but not nearly as much as a semi-auto iron-sighted something that uses 7.62x51 NATO. G3, M14, FAL, SCAR-H, I'm not picky.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
9:00 CST:

Goon Army! We need people with Insurgents, Hydras, etc.

We're going to be running around the state wreaking havoc!

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

I've read on some of the forums that the "storage" function when you buy/insert a new car into an already full garage will let you keep up to 30 custom vehicles, even if you only own 3 6 car garages. 4 of your cars just won't be in a garage, but can be called for from the Mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Top Hats Monthly posted:

9:00 CST:

Goon Army! We need people with Insurgents, Hydras, etc.

We're going to be running around the state wreaking havoc!

PC?

If so I have all of those.

MrHagie is my new tag

• Locked thread