Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

vyst posted:

gently caress YES I CAN TRACK MENSTRUATION IN HEALTH KIT

It's part of the predictive features of iOS. Now Siri can warn you when your wife is going to be all PMS-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I really don't see anything so far worth upgrading from iOS 8. I don't see a need to start slowing down my perfectly stable iPhone with a new OS.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Thwomp posted:

Now Featuring: a ton of features and kits that don't have any support currently and which the first products that do support it won't be out for another year and will cost 75% more.
Wait are they talking about Thunderbolt??

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Craig, tell me more about Swift. :allears:

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

keevo posted:

Has anyone been counting how many times this guy has said, "It's really great"??

I bet it isn't as dense as the woman introducing the news app. She said great a million times. Cool too. Cool. It was cool.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Astro7x posted:

I really don't see anything so far worth upgrading from iOS 8. I don't see a need to start slowing down my perfectly stable iPhone with a new OS.
lol you idiot your phone will work better but go ahead and not update it like some kind of stupid loving doofus.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Shin-chan posted:

It's part of the predictive features of iOS. Now Siri can warn you when your wife is going to be all PMS-y.

I'm a polygamist I hope health kit lets me track multiple profiles

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I wonder if they intended to have Swift 2 announced before they actually had Craig announce it? IT was in the list of sutff added to iOS 9 (API list, etc).

Edit : Oh and if they break wifi again in iOS 9 I am going to flip my lid.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Swift is Open Source, wow that's pretty cool.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The bubble has to burst soon

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Hey cool an open-source Apple product, that's actually legitimately interesting.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I almost forgot what real applause sounded like

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

vyst posted:

I'm a polygamist I hope health kit lets me track multiple profiles

As long as you're using the Family AppleID feature.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

redstormpopcorn posted:

Hey cool an open-source Apple product, that's actually legitimately interesting.

Indeed it is!

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
I guess it's time to start learning Swift.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Was't FaceTime supposed to be open source or was it suppose to be an open standard (whatever that means)?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Logikv9 posted:

I almost forgot what real applause sounded like

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
ipad 2 is truly the workhorse of the ipad lineup

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Everyone gets iOS 9, (just not all the features of iOS9).

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Thwomp posted:

Was't FaceTime supposed to be open source or was it suppose to be an open standard (whatever that means)?

Open Standard means that if you reverse the API Oracle won't sue you.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

So I'm guessing it's Watch SDK time, who wants to get lunch?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
"There's seemingly no limit to what you can do," says Tim.

except change the default map, browser, and email apps

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Whirlwind Jones posted:

lol you idiot your phone will work better but go ahead and not update it like some kind of stupid loving doofus.

iOS8 crippled my iPad Mini, so no to upgrading unless it has notable features

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
They want people to make desktop apps with Swift but they don't release it for Windows...what?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
gently caress you I want to beg someone on the forum to let me beta test due to the hole in my soul, Apple, how dare you take that experience from me.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Its dinner time for me but I'll start chopping :)

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

They gotta budget at least 30 minutes for Apple Music.

I wouldn't be surprised if they left the watch stuff for the actual classroom stuff.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
"It's hard to believe the App Store was announced only seven years ago."

Look at all the stuff we've stolen/attempted to ape from other developers/corporations.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

maybe we can listen to Trent Reznor talk about the humanity and feeling of Apple Music before Watch SDK

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The usual stuff about how updates will improve your life in every possible way. Your life is miserable without these updates. Praise Tim.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Spend your entire life looking at a screen.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Wow, 4S still clinging on to life.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
100,000,000,000 app downloads.

What are the odds that includes updates?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I don't care how many apps have been downloaded from the app store. I don't know why anyone would.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This was one of the first presentations by Apple I've missed in a LONG time. Is there going to be a video posted... or a summary bulletpoint list somewhere?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
VIDEO TIME TIME TIME

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Anyone remember 'The Daily?' That "newspaper" that Apple launched for the original iPad with Rupert loving Murdoch of all people?

Rupert isn't some loony ultra conservative, he is just a crass business man. Fox News isn't so much a Murdock thing as it is a Roger Alies thing who is in fact a loony ultra conservative that Rupert is even scared of. Basically Fox News runs mostly completely autonomously from News Corp and is generally considered an incredibly profitable nightmare for News Corp.

Fun Fact: Roger Alies has bullet proof glass installed in his office because he is afraid that gays would try kill him. Seriously, he is literally afraid of being physically attacked by gay people.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Logikv9 posted:

The usual stuff about how updates will improve your life in every possible way. Your life is miserable without these updates. Praise Tim.

All turn to the west and bow toward Mecca.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I don't care how many apps have been downloaded from the app store. I don't know why anyone would.

Developers? (like the ones in the audience)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

redstormpopcorn posted:

100,000,000,000 app downloads.

What are the odds that includes updates?

Or Fart Simulators, or flappy bird clones, or gun noise sound boards.

• Locked thread