Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

It's that time of the year again. Expected announcements:

• OS X 10.11
  • iOS 9, iOS 8.4
  • Beats Music streaming service
  • Updates to Swift
  • Apple Watch update
  • Exciting new Xcode bugs

Use this thread to complain about how Apple innovation peaked with the MacBook Air/the iPhone/iPod sock.

ok go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
You forgot "exciting updates to store openings, now even in Timbuktu!"

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

Switzerland posted:

You forgot "exciting updates to store openings, now even in Timbuktu!"

I loved the one where they announced the first store in China, so now they can actually pretend that Chinese people are interested in paying the Apple tax instead of just walking off the factory floor with product. Or outright stealing their build specs and opening up their own knock-off Apple factory.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm usually one of those guys tempering people's expectations and shouting "it's a developer's conference!" and "why would you expect new hardware?!?" but even I must admit that with a new TV service likely off the table, this WWDC looks to be one of the most underwhelming in terms of reveals in quite a while. I'm already a Spotify Premium user and can't really imagine anything that Apple Music would offer that would make me switch, and rumors are that OSX SAN DIEGO and iOS9 are largely under the hood improvements that, while necessary, don't leave much for exciting demonstrations.

Oh well I'll still watch it to see the beautiful photos of their 8 new retail locations in China along with a creepily cultish video of both employees and customers celebrating Apple's glorious hardware.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

OS X SAN ANDREAS

"Please welcome for the demo - Dwayne Johnson!" "OK so here's what's new…" as he immediately starts going through the new System Preferences menu.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kode54 posted:

I loved the one where they announced the first store in China, so now they can actually pretend that Chinese people are interested in paying the Apple tax instead of just walking off the factory floor with product. Or outright stealing their build specs and opening up their own knock-off Apple factory.

Because as we all know, the Chinese are thieves and uncivilized.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

kode54 posted:

iPhone sales in China exceed those in the US

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Stop confusing him with facts people! His prejudices are already made up.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Sprat Sandwich posted:

OS X SAN ANDREAS

"Please welcome for the demo - Dwayne Johnson!" "OK so here's what's new…" as he immediately starts going through the new System Preferences menu.

So it'll be a mostly-stable OS that occasionally crashes in a spectacular fashion until restarted and stable again for awhile? Also known as the current status norm.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
10.10 is a gigantic piece of poo poo and if you think that's stability I have a bridge to sell you

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I'm really hopeful for new AppleTV hardware but it sounds more likely that it's off the table which blows. We'll see.

Karki
Feb 3, 2006

Who needs pussy?

Thwomp posted:

I'm really hopeful for new AppleTV hardware but it sounds more likely that it's off the table which blows. We'll see.

Same here. Was looking forward to an AppleTV app store the most, but it sounds like we'll have to wait.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Roargasm posted:

10.10 is a gigantic piece of poo poo and if you think that's stability I have a bridge to sell you

Works on my machine. You're holding it wrong. :smug:

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
I haven't had any major problems with 10.10 but I only really use it to browse the web and play World of Warcraft :shrug:

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Stream is up a little early. Open in VLC: http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/15pijbnaefvpoijbaefvpihb06/m3u8/atv_mvp.m3u8

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

robodex posted:

I haven't had any major problems with 10.10 but I only really use it to browse the web and play World of Warcraft :shrug:

Anecdotally, the only people I know who have a big problem with 10.10 don't have enough ram in their machines. I kind of disliked it until I upgraded my computer to 8gb, and it rendered my mother in law's old white Macbook borderline unusable until we brought her up to 4gb.

That said, my computer is mostly for writing, web browsing, and occasional .pdfs or spreadsheets. Occasional games.

edit:

Goddamn this music is horrible.

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 8, 2015

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Roargasm posted:

it's literally never crashed for me

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

lotsa happy people in these photos:

http://www.apple.com/live/2015-june-event/

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't want to be the person who gave marketing the go ahead to use the Apple TV shape for the logo under the assumption the new stuff would be ready to go. If they really aren't introducing anything major related to Apple TV that logo is gonna be pretty unfortunate.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

The new OS X desktop picture seems to be El Capitan.
Would be a cute name for the OS, and sort of gives reason to hope for a "Snow Yosemite".

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I’m not saying you’re wrong but... I am feeling god-like because Apple announced NEW APPLE SOFTWARE. This is another brilliant move by a company that hasn’t had an original idea since the Newton. But whatever, we can all agree this is a shot across the bow of that so-called tech strategist’s social media strategy. This is me IRL: (¬‿¬)

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Jealous Cow posted:

I wouldn't want to be the person who gave marketing the go ahead to use the Apple TV shape for the logo under the assumption the new stuff would be ready to go. If they really aren't introducing anything major related to Apple TV that logo is gonna be pretty unfortunate.

It's also the iOS icon shape. I'm not sure why so many people have assumed it represents the Apple TV.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
just kidding i'm an idiot

logikv9 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 8, 2015

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Should be kicking off really soon. Pretty stoked to see what are hopefully some solid improvements to iOS/OSX

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Logikv9 posted:

Stupid apple making me go on my macbook instead of my easier-to-type-on desktop. End Apple 2016

VLC is playing it just fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Watch 2 :pray:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

god this blows posted:

VLC is playing it just fine.

Yep I missed that post. Having fun now.

That's a massive room :eyepop:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Thank gently caress that music is over, because it was gonna make me kill myself.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Go time!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The camera operator dancing, though. :allears:

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Comedy!

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Oh gently caress ... Apple trying to be funny, and being about as successful as any multi-national corporation trying to act all jovial.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is terrible

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress is this poo poo.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
This started ok, but it took a left turn in to poo poo town.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Oh my.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Can Apple make something worse than the Apple Watch announcement? Let's find out.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress you scrooges this is pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Did I click the wrong link and land in one of those Samsung keynotes?

• Locked thread