Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

So I guess the museum worker stuck in a ravine cam is going to blow up and have millions of viewers next episode.

at least 14k+ from the preview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I gave up trying to figure out what was going to happen this season because none of it has been what I've expected but it all makes sense much like this thread.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
So does it mean nothing at all that the algorithm Richard worked on while at Hooli isn't even the same as the one Pied Piper is developing? He completely re-did it in the season finale last year, it wasn't even middle-out when he was working at Hooli.

Just for the slight chance I'm on to something and I have the opportunity to say CALLED IT later, I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: Maybe Hooli wins, Richard has to hand over the algorithm he worked on, and they just get what they already had anyway, seeing as that's what they tried to copy originally.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
That exchange between Gavin and Richard with the lawyers was hilarious.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Brennan posted:

at least 14k+ from the preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csHxC5vNckA

actually 148,000

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

wow how did I drop a digit?

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

ApathyGifted posted:

So does it mean nothing at all that the algorithm Richard worked on while at Hooli isn't even the same as the one Pied Piper is developing? He completely re-did it in the season finale last year, it wasn't even middle-out when he was working at Hooli.

Just for the slight chance I'm on to something and I have the opportunity to say CALLED IT later, I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: Maybe Hooli wins, Richard has to hand over the algorithm he worked on, and they just get what they already had anyway, seeing as that's what they tried to copy originally.

Yeah, I had the same thought. Next, we'll probably have a bunch of legal professionals come in and nit pick the accuracy of Hooli's legal argument.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What an ep and what a boat!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

anal dilation aside,

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm thinking that the judge's reaction to Bighead's honesty might end up playing in the final decision, considering that Richard had also chosen to be open about what happened with his laptop/Hooli computer. It seems like it was a pointed setup in this week's episode.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
This show is great but I would enjoy it way more if the main protagonist didn't behave like a 12-year old child. At least they dropped that terrible romance subplot from the first season.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Terminally Bored posted:

This show is great but I would enjoy it way more if the main protagonist didn't behave like a 12-year old child. At least they dropped that terrible romance subplot from the first season.
He actually doesn't seem all that far off from what I've read about various other SV successes in their early days. If the show is to go on for a few years, then I think Richard's character development into someone like the billionaires we've already seen will be a major part.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Richard is way more socially functional that, say, Bill Gates.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
re preview: I'm just glad that guy is still alive. :unsmith:

Terminally Bored posted:

Downside: they can't really figure out how to write Monica into the show anymore.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

Was a great episode, especially the pay off with the Schroeder's cat thought experiment. I'm really curious if they can top last year's cap stone joke, though.

Is there a reason why Schrödinger's cat keeps getting used in comedies/shows over the last few years? Or is it just lazy writing?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its even worse because what they described is not Schrodinger's cat thought experiment even slightly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

Poison food and it may or may not have eaten it.....stupid. This is worse than the delete key!!!!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I love that of course Elrich causes this whole thing.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Ehrlich standing up and saying "It was me, I was Richard's girlfriend! I was in the shop for three days because he hit it so hard I needed a doctor!" slayed me.

New lawyer guy is awesome.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Serenity now, insanity later

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Brennan posted:

Favorite line was Gilfoyle asking "Did you just say 'Work will set us free?'"

True story my first job/internship my manager had a printout of "Arbeit macht frei" on his desk. I asked him what that said one time cause maybe he didn't know what it said ya know? Nope he explained the meaning and association with concentration camps.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

He actually doesn't seem all that far off from what I've read about various other SV successes in their early days. If the show is to go on for a few years, then I think Richard's character development into someone like the billionaires we've already seen will be a major part.

There has also been a steady growth of his confidence and how he carries himself, it's actually feels very human. There's been no single dramatic turning turning point, just the occasional wins and bigger decisions that have brought out new traits while much of the time still stuck in the mindset that makes him a nervous wreck.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Could not stop hysterically laughing when the not-a-lawyer started unexpectedly cross examining and roasting Erlich in court. That entire bit and Erlich's reactions and attempts at rebuttal were loving priceless.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Is there a list of all of the songs they play (mainly the end credit music) on the show? A youtube link would be awesome.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

AndyElusive posted:

Could not stop hysterically laughing when the not-a-lawyer started unexpectedly cross examining and roasting Erlich in court. That entire bit and Erlich's reactions and attempts at rebuttal were loving priceless.

Lloyd Braun!

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Thank you holy poo poo

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Is there a list of all of the songs they play (mainly the end credit music) on the show? A youtube link would be awesome.

Here are end credit songs for season 1:

S01E01: Green Day - Minority
S01E02: Biggie Smalls - Party and Bullshit
S01E03: Blake Mills - Hey Lover
S01E04: Tobacco - father sister berzerker
S01E05: Pueblo Cafe - Nuevos Tempos
S01E06: can't figure it out.
S01E07: Danny Brown - Smokin & Drinkin
S01E08: Green Day - Minority

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DMsNJsibV0

This was the ending credits for this last episode

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Check out the updated Condor Cam @ piedpiper.com :cry:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Season 2
Episode 1: Sand Hill Shuffle - "Blockbuster Night Part 1" by Run The Jewels (2014)
Episode 2: Runaway Devaluation - "Los Cazadores" by Ernesto Molina (2008)
Episode 3: Bad Money - "Phantom (Redux)" by Shirt (2015)
Episode 4: The Lady - "I Don't Need A Reason" by Dizzee Rascal (2013)
Episode 5: Server Space - "Don't Wanna Fight" by Alabama Shakes
Episode 6: Homicide - "Bandz" by Big Makk (2014)
Episode 7: Adult Content - "Rhythmeen" by ZZ Top (1996)
Episode 8: White Hat/Black Hat - "Lost In The Crowd" by Bass Nectar feat. Fashawn and Zion I (2014)
Episode 9: Binding Arbitration - "Evil Friends (Jake One Remix)" by Portugal. The Man feat. Danny Brown (2013)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

s1e6 is a repeat of the biggie X ratatat track from s1e2

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Check out the updated Condor Cam @ piedpiper.com :cry:

:rip:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is season 3 confirmed?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I said come in! posted:

Is season 3 confirmed?

Yes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay good, by asking I wasn't sure if I just killed the show or not.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

I'm not usually into hip hop but gently caress me if this song doesn't rule.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

Was a great episode, especially the pay off with the Schroeder's cat thought experiment.

Gilfoyle: Jared, you just killed that man.

Jared: :stonk:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

I said come in! posted:

Okay good, by asking I wasn't sure if I just killed the show or not.

No you made season 3 by asking.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Veskit posted:

No you made season 3 by asking.

You changed the outcome by observing it! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
I thought all the Schrodinger's cat stuff was cringeworthy but it was worth it for that hilarious payoff.

• Locked thread