Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The Huns are dead but Great Old Bulgaria will live forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

ATTILA posted:

Put them somewhere interesting.

forkis
Sep 15, 2011

Votin with this cool turk/Iranian lovin dude.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The Huns shall live forever!

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

YF-23 posted:

The Huns are dead but Great Old Bulgaria will live forever.

It's Old Great Bulgaria you disrespectful turk!

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Merdifex posted:

It's Old Great Bulgaria you disrespectful turk!

Great Old Great Bulgaria :colbert:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Merdifex posted:

If all that happens, and I don't think it's very likely to, they would end up becoming an Italian subgroup linguistically and culturally. We don't have a Malta situation here, this is one of the cultural centers of Italy.
Italy, France, and Iberia used to be a cultural continuum, but politics and time eventually divided this continuum into separate cultural groups. Why then could Avaria not become a separate Romance culture? It's sitting right there in the middle of two competing kingdoms/religions, and might be further repopulated by various eastern peoples fleeing some other steppe horde. They'd still assimilate, but over time, the place could become culturally distinct nonetheless, especially if they went Arian while Rome remains Catholic.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Avars and Bulgars and Turks, oh my!

And Finns and Magyars and Alans and...

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Italy, France, and Iberia used to be a cultural continuum, but politics and time eventually divided this continuum into separate cultural groups. Why then could Avaria not become a separate Romance culture? It's sitting right there in the middle of two competing kingdoms/religions, and might be further repopulated by various eastern peoples fleeing some other steppe horde. They'd still assimilate, but over time, the place could become culturally distinct nonetheless, especially if they went Arian while Rome remains Catholic.

They would have a separate dialect and a relatively distinct culture, but would be by all means Italic. Like the Venetian language and culture, or the Sicilian or Sardinian. All slot into the greater continuum of Italic cultures and dialects. Having it become totally distinct wouldn't make sense for a polity that's centered totally within Italy.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

This lady seems to be very well informed!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Merdifex I am going to be as serious as possible, this is not your LP and you're being weird and creepy here and should cool off.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Freudian posted:

Merdifex I am going to be as serious as possible, this is not your LP and you're being weird and creepy here and should cool off.

Listen closely, suggesting stuff and discussing history does not mean I want to appropriate the LP. So stop with this crap.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Reading your posts you seriously come off as a guy accepting advice for a project than a guy giving advice for one.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Merdifex posted:

Listen closely, suggesting stuff and discussing history does not mean I want to appropriate the LP. So stop with this crap.

Your posts are bad, but what else to expect from someone whose name is literally Shitmaker in latin?

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!

YF-23 posted:

Reading your posts you seriously come off as a guy accepting advice for a project than a guy giving advice for one.

He's just opinionated, nothing wrong with that especially since his points are interesting and he has said several times that his intention is not to appropriate the lp.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

Your taking the fact that you offered help with localisations to mean your a co lper stop.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Ceciltron posted:

Your posts are bad, but what else to expect from someone whose name is literally Shitmaker in latin?

You don't know how happy I am that somebody noticed. I was going to make the username "Koprophagoi" but that's too obvious.

Rumda posted:

Your taking the fact that you offered help with localisations to mean your a co lper stop.

That is the stupidest accusation I've heard thus far. And I'm not going to reply to any of this crap because the last thing I want is that this thread for the LP to become about me and the nonsensical aversions some people have to some pretty benign stuff. So please stop discussing me of all possible things.

Merdifex fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 9, 2015

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Voting for this cool and attractive gentleman with his correct and important opinions about the Huns.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

I'll support the man, the man with the great plan for mega-Iran.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

NewMars posted:

I'll support the man, the man with the great plan for mega-Iran.

Indeed.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011

Nature abhors a vacuum.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The thing is that you try to shoot down other people's ideas based on some sort of vaguely invented authority as Warden of the Goth LP and all knowledge of What Should Happen. Like, so what if X is not a realistic alternative to what happened historically, it's not your say.

Basically you read like that smug guy who worked on WTWSMS, except you don't even have the excuse of actually being on a mod team.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Plus Avars in Italy just to annoy Merdivex.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Raserys posted:

The thing is that you try to shoot down other people's ideas based on some sort of vaguely invented authority as Warden of the Goth LP and all knowledge of What Should Happen. Like, so what if X is not a realistic alternative to what happened historically, it's not your say.

Basically you read like that smug guy who worked on WTWSMS, except you don't even have the excuse of actually being on a mod team.

Everyone's ideas can be criticized. Everyone reserves the right to criticize anyone else's ideas. I have not forced Ofaloaf to use my ideas or suggestions, even though I hope that in voicing them I am helping in some way.

And holy poo poo do you guys care so much about what I say or do in this thread. This is for real the last comment I'll make about this whole discussion. This unwarranted discussion about me of all loving things.

Merdifex fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 9, 2015

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

rakovsky maybe posted:

Gotta support this mustachio'd gentleman.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I like Red Box Man's thesis but a bunch of Huns squabbling over who is the third Rome Attila's Court for the next 1000 years sounds fun.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

rakovsky maybe posted:

RowansWarden
Jun 3, 2013

That Atilla guy was pretty cool, but I don't see the Huns sticking around after him.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine
So we'll play CK2 with Sunset Invasion, right?

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Seems like a logical conclusion. Especially if we incorporate Yellow's ideas into it. Hunnic confederations squabbling for the legacy of Atilla and all that.

Fox Ironic fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 10, 2015

tallboarLittlehand
Sep 7, 2011
The Huns survived and formed a successor state in their Ukrainian stronghold, so I'll be going with the yellow guys suggestion.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Merdifex posted:

So we'll play CK2 with Sunset Invasion, right?

I thought you said you were shutting up.

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

This fellow seems like he has informed opinions!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Shakes up the CK2 map without having Actual Huns still in it. Seems best to me.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

This guy is a cool guy. He knows what's up.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i like the Greater Iran thing. farther south in Greater Iran, i hope, even if Islam does win out, that the Persian world still stretches all the way west to the bosphorus

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

oystertoadfish posted:

i like the Greater Iran thing. farther south in Greater Iran, i hope, even if Islam does win out, that the Persian world still stretches all the way west to the bosphorus

Well, Iranic /= Persian but I realized that means changing the culture group of Alan in CK2 because it's Byzantine, and, well, no Byzantines aren't around no more.

When Ofaloaf suggests a Hunnic culture remnant, that would really work best as a culture group, in which you can stick the Alans in, maybe a few other groups which were under Hunnic cultural influence during A: TW and survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

oystertoadfish posted:

Just to be clear, Red Guy isn't a vote for Persia to extend into Hungary or something. At least I don't think it is, Ofaloaf's the judge here, but it sounds like it's about the Iranic peoples. We could have the Persians' many forgotten cousins move to Europe. Sarmatians and Alans and Sogdians and Khwarizmites and other Iranic peoples, along with Turkic and Altaic peoples.