Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

All glory to Hunopolis, seventh Rome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Patter Song posted:

Just to be clear, Red Guy isn't a vote for Persia to extend into Hungary or something. At least I don't think it is, Ofaloaf's the judge here, but it sounds like it's about the Iranic peoples. We could have the Persians' many forgotten cousins move to Europe. Sarmatians and Alans and Sogdians and Khwarizmites and other Iranic peoples, along with Turkic and Altaic peoples.

If we have all these groups moving into central and eastern Europe, why not have them invade Persia proper? The Sassanids aren't in too good a shape to stop every invasion, it seems.

And would the Slavs just dissapear? Ofaloaf didn't mention what'll happen to them. My assumption is that they would be ruled over by any number of Iranic or Turkic rulers.

Fluffy Tail
Jan 3, 2012

"I am the beginning and the end. The alpha and the omega. The first and the last."

Chaos Dunk

This guy knows his stuff!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Patter Song posted:

Just to be clear, Red Guy isn't a vote for Persia to extend into Hungary or something. At least I don't think it is, Ofaloaf's the judge here, but it sounds like it's about the Iranic peoples. We could have the Persians' many forgotten cousins move to Europe. Sarmatians and Alans and Sogdians and Khwarizmites and other Iranic peoples, along with Turkic and Altaic peoples.

yeah i don't need persians in hungary, turk(ic)s in moscow perhaps

edit: and maybe it's not Greater Iran if it's turks, fair enough

edit2: but send the sarmatians through there and it is! as seen below

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 10, 2015

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I want some Avars in the gates of Vienna.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Patter Song posted:

Whoa yeah, this is an important thing. When I said Iranian, I meant Iranian peoples, not specifically Sassanid Persians or anything like that. Scythians are an Iranian people, Ossetians are an Iranian people, even Kurds are Iranian. Those Roxolani the Goths killed earlier in the LP were Iranian.

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Voting Red.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want some crazy Persian nationalist a thousand years from now to claim that all europe was once persia's :cryingzoroaster:.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Well...

Notable Historians posted:

"As everybody knows, the terror that was the Huns was not only devastating but long lasting. The many different tribes of Germania were driven out of their old homeland by Attila's Huns, though even more so by the roaming Hunnic Hordes that followed Attila's demise. Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Quadians, nobody was spared and most everybody took their belongings and fled wherever they were or weren't welcome. The Gothic realm in particular took in many of the lesser tribes, though it is uncertain whether or not this had any long-lasting influences on the area as very little is known about the exact numbers of refugees to arrive. Vast plains, forests and hills all emptied, save for the fire pits and hovels left behind by the fleeing tribes.

"The Huns continued to be a significant threat to those few who remained behind though, until the Huns were driven out by easterners arriving to take the now empty lands. The Huns were forced to flee southwards, and finally found a people weak enough for them to suppress even with their lowered numbers: the Pannonians. Eventually the Huns formed their own Kingdom, just like the Goths in the west had done ages before. The Lands from the Pannonian Plains to the Carpathian Mountains would henceforth be known as Attilia after their old warlord, the last to truly unite them, and his descendants would come to rule it for ages to come."

:ducksiren::ducksiren:
"The people who ran the Huns out of Germania? Those were the ancestors of the Western Slavs we know of today. The Wends and Czechs settled the lands to the north, close to the old Saxon and Frisian homelands, while the Croatians and Serbians amongst others eventually came to settle the lands between them and the Alps to the south. They were often as divided as the former Germanic tribes had been, but they filled the void nonetheless."

In short:
  • While technically not under scrutiny for the moment I'd like Gothia to have some more Germanic influences rather than Latin. Or I dunno, I just want to Germanians to flee over the Rheine and be while not accepted at least welcomed into Gothia.
  • The Avarians are replaced by Huns for all intents and purposes. They own very much the same lands as they do in the 744 start namely the Carpathian Basin, or Hungary as we know it OTL.
  • With the Germanics driven over the Alps and Rheine ages ago several Slavic tribes have stepped in to settle the lands left behind. Are they OTL Western and Southern Slavs with a reskin or are they Yermannik Slavs of their own?

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

GSD posted:

I just want some crazy Persian nationalist a thousand years from now to claim that all europe was once persia's :cryingzoroaster:.

Go to the youtube comments for some Persian nationalist video and you can see that now.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Ofaloaf posted:

Whoa yeah, this is an important thing. When I said Iranian, I meant Iranian peoples, not specifically Sassanid Persians or anything like that. Scythians are an Iranian people, Ossetians are an Iranian people, even Kurds are Iranian. Those Roxolani the Goths killed earlier in the LP were Iranian.

So are you thinking a new Iranic cultural group? Or should I say, Northern Iranian, because the Iranian group already in CK2 includes Kurds, Persians, Pashtun, Baloch and other groups connected to Persia, but the nomadic Iranian cultures were very differentiated from Persians since before Achaemenid times. Alans are already there, that culture could just be put into the new group.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I actually wrote this before the vote started and just didn't post for some reason.

I want some dang romance and drama in my kingdom simulator. One of the kingdoms or empires (Could be the Huns!) should at game-start be ruled by a queen with 3 of the largest dukes being in love with the queen and rivals to one another. The 4th largest duke is her younger brother who is her rival and has a strong claim on the kingdom.

(So I guess a modified ? Just so long as it's organized like that.)

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?

The Huns, enjoying the gold and most powerful armies of the age, eventually settled and forged an empire in Eastern Europe ranging from Crimea to the Baltic coast. However, it has grown unstable and isolated, its armies weak from inactivity. The native Poles and Slavs grow restless, and missionaries constantly hound the ruling Hun class...

The Huns control a titular kingdom/empire in Eastern Europe where Poland, Prussia, and Ruthenia exist in vanilla. Significant noblemen begin the game either as Orthodox Christian or Zoroastrian - or if you want to go nuts, Jewish Crimea.

It's a Great Moravia situation from the Old Gods start, only it doesn't immediately go to poo poo.

AdventFalls fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 10, 2015

Toningly
Sep 28, 2006

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

This guy knows whats what.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine
What religion are the Huns? What's the majority religion by area within their lands?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Merdifex posted:

What religion are the Huns? What's the majority religion by area within their lands?

Their religion is the apocalypse and the only faith the conquered have lies in desperation. :unsmigghh:

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

NewMars posted:

Their religion is the apocalypse and the only faith the conquered have lies in desperation. :unsmigghh:

So Chöd?

Ageofbob
Sep 16, 2011

Seems like a smart man.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Tribal Alans and Sarmatians and Roxolanians and things all the way to the Gothic border!

At least I assume thats what you mean by "central Europe."

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

This is my horse.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Just out of curiosity,where would this group be located map wise?

AdventFalls posted:

The Huns, enjoying the gold and most powerful armies of the age, eventually settled and forged an empire in Eastern Europe ranging from Crimea to the Baltic coast. However, it has grown unstable and isolated, its armies weak from inactivity. The native Poles and Slavs grow restless, and missionaries constantly hound the ruling Hun class...

The Huns control a titular kingdom/empire in Eastern Europe where Poland, Prussia, and Ruthenia exist in vanilla. Significant noblemen begin the game either as Orthodox Christian or Zoroastrian - or if you want to go nuts, Jewish Crimea.

It's a Great Moravia situation from the Old Gods start, only it doesn't immediately go to poo poo.

I was actually going to propose something similar, having a large titular kingdom made of several vassals of different religions to represent the Hun, but then I realized that after 300 years, something that unstable wouldn't last into CKII but I could be wrong. I could see Huns lasting around longer though since unlike in real life, the Gepids likely won't be fighting and killing Attila's successor.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine
A: TW Huns are Tengri, right? If their offshoots do reach Central Europe, then that would be a huge spread for Tengri (especially with Horse Lords & it's Central Asian expansion).

Could they have vassals of different religions?

EDIT: And what of the Jews?

Merdifex fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 10, 2015

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

I cast my vote to purple.

zephyr42
Apr 19, 2012

I just... I just want to see some strong non-Christian, non-Muslim (maybe?) kingdoms on the map when the game starts.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

zephyr42 posted:

I just... I just want to see some strong non-Christian, non-Muslim (maybe?) kingdoms on the map when the game starts.

This is why I back pagan Britain/maybe Italy and Zoro Persia.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Having a few Huns around sounds good and appropriate.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Rodyle posted:

This is why I back pagan Britain/maybe Italy and Zoro Persia.

The former has been ruined for us through Arian missioaries sent by Ofaloaf. It seems that Italia is somewhat Greco-Roman but it's hard to see that lasting. But it'd also be pretty weird to have a highly fragmented situation without at least two powerful religious blocs a la Christendom and Islam, granted they don't have to be that large and all-encompassing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Merdifex posted:

The former has been ruined for us through Arian missioaries sent by Ofaloaf. It seems that Italia is somewhat Greco-Roman but it's hard to see that lasting.

You could always say the pagans pushed back in the interim.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I like this dude and his sensible suggestion

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

This seems to be the coolest option.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

with a tinge of

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

If I've counted things right, as of Drone's post Mr. Red is winning pretty spectacularly, with 30, ahead of Yellow, which has 18 votes.

Still got a day left on the current vote, mind you-- I wasn't sure how fast or slow voting would go, but it's been going quick enough that a 24-hour time limit instead of 48 would work very well.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

Put me down as another one for red

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

If I've counted things right, as of Drone's post Mr. Red is winning pretty spectacularly, with 30, ahead of Yellow, which has 18 votes.

Still got a day left on the current vote, mind you-- I wasn't sure how fast or slow voting would go, but it's been going quick enough that a 24-hour time limit instead of 48 would work very well.

How many questions were there going to be?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Dr. Tough posted:

How many questions were there going to be?
I dunno, seven or so? Some questions are contingent upon the results of other questions.

e: phone postin' woo yeah

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 10, 2015

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

I dunno, seven or so? Some questions are contingent upon the results of other questions.

e: phone postin' woo yeah

Should do 24 hours between questions, imo. If posters snooze they lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
If I have to pick one then

Though
mixed with would be ideal

. Hunnic successor states fighting to reform Atilla's conquests across much of Europe would be hilarious.