Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

:rolleyes:

##vote Ghastly Gangsta

Nothing?

FFS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GG is being weird and awkward but I really would rather dunk Pmach, who is around but not even pretending to try to be helpful.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom posted:

GG is being weird and awkward but I really would rather dunk Pmach, who is around but not even pretending to try to be helpful.

Again, what am I doing wrong here? What's weird and awkward???

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You always read as weird and awkward!

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Again, what am I doing wrong here? What's weird and awkward???

You started off really weird and aggressive and that has turned people off quite a bit.

I need to sit down and rereada bunch of stuff before I comment more, I will be around for deadline.

First impression, I don't know if I found GG scummy, I think they made themselves a target by being somewhat off putting on the front end, but I will give it a review shortly.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

You are the living embodiment of your username, trying to parse this has made me very tired indeed.

BUT I am glad to see you back in the game! I've been asking myself for years "whatever happened to Roydrowsy?"

Also even though your case on Chic is not very compelling (she is notorious for being checked out of most games) I do think it comes from an honest place and I like the cut of your jib.

Couple of things about this.
#1. I gotta be honest. That hurts a little bit.
#2. I find myself doubtful that this is true, but you flatter me.
#3. I was very pleased with myself when I learned the origins of that idiom.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Twenty minutes before you get all pissy. God forbid some of us have something to do other than :f5: the game. You belong on straightwhiteboystexting.tumblr.com with patience and understanding like you've presented.

You are acting excessively high-strung. You are outright diving on Hal for making jokes. I can't believe that you're not following the logic of some posters like Foo. I do not believe you are acting in a town-oriented fashion.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I think he's doing it in such a way that seems pro-town, but is artificial is what I'm saying. I think that's a good thing to do, but I don't think he's doing it for the sake of actually hunting scum.

I don't know if I agree with you, and I'm not sure how you could tell. I didn't see anything spectatular about this, perhaps you could go back and elaborate? I still think this point is weak, and you haven't done much to clarify.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

The only reason I've been "exceptionally hostile" is because of unprovoked criticisms from drive by and or smarmy posters right out the gate. My chains ain't ruffled.

I don't know if you are just playing around with the theme/flavor of the game, or if you really talk this way to people, but I think that it is coming off as aggressive and off putting. Perhaps your play for street cred is lost on others? Making you seem overly aggressive and inspiring suspicion?

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

this isn't a good vote at all, reads like an attitude vote instead of anything with real content behind it. Still pretty happy w/ my vote here

I agree with this statement completely. When Bottle cast their vote, I thought it was also particular fishy.

I think this is why the case on Captain Foo doesn't work for me. This far, I think that Captain Foo has been playing things fairly straight. And they're a voice that I have actually been trusting so far. I think that there are a lot of voices out there that GG could be turning attention to. Trying to flip it to Foo seems more like trying to target somebody who has been playing as an asset to town.

That being said, I am a little unsure about Foo because they have come across as so helpful and confident. Being that confident often comes from a place of having more information than other people, or that could just be how they play. As I do my read through, I'll give it a look, but I think you're trying a move WAY to early with very little to actually go on.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Yeah, I guess breadcrumbing my rapper is dumb, but I didn't post my vote for Foo in my case on him so I just decided to spice up the post where I actually did.

This is a weird attempt at trying to inject some levity into the situation. It feels weird, and I think that can account for Epsilom's vote.

The whole playing to flavor thing came off as weird and off putting,
Then there is the aggressive play (which is understandable because you are in a tight spot)
Then you turn it around with this line... it literally is weird and awkward.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Roydrowsy posted:

I agree with this statement completely. When Bottle cast their vote, I thought it was also particular fishy.

I think this is why the case on Captain Foo doesn't work for me. This far, I think that Captain Foo has been playing things fairly straight. And they're a voice that I have actually been trusting so far. I think that there are a lot of voices out there that GG could be turning attention to. Trying to flip it to Foo seems more like trying to target somebody who has been playing as an asset to town.

That being said, I am a little unsure about Foo because they have come across as so helpful and confident. Being that confident often comes from a place of having more information than other people, or that could just be how they play. As I do my read through, I'll give it a look, but I think you're trying a move WAY to early with very little to actually go on.

GG has kind of gone after everyone who has voted him though so it isn't like he ONLY went after Foo, Foo is just the only one who really responded.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

GG has kind of gone after everyone who has voted him though so it isn't like he ONLY went after Foo, Foo is just the only one who really responded.

And it all seems pretty weak too.

That being said, I don't know if I get that much of a Scum vibe from GG. I think they're just doing a very bad job of playing this particular game and they keep paying for it. At this point, I don't know If I've see anything that would get me to cast one of the last two votes to lynch.

I'd like to hear more from BottleKnight in the meantime.

I also think it is seriously worth note that HiipFire has contributed absolutely nothing of value this entire time. With the action that PizzaPie generated early on and GG currently, they've pretty much been coasting, Dr. Hurt as well.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

apostateCourier posted:

claiming vt means claiming vt, "confirmed" means you got your role pm. That's a really weird argument to make.

just remembered you are in this game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Roydrowsy posted:

I also think it is seriously worth note that HiipFire has contributed absolutely nothing of value this entire time. With the action that PizzaPie generated early on and GG currently, they've pretty much been coasting, Dr. Hurt as well.

Quelle suprise. hiip do you even like mafia

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

And it all seems pretty weak too.

That being said, I don't know if I get that much of a Scum vibe from GG. I think they're just doing a very bad job of playing this particular game and they keep paying for it.

this is exactly how he played in the most previous game and he flipped town so that's where i'm coming from in my reactions to him

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

I just want to be clear, since you never asked me about it, just accused me of it, I said Diqnol set up an OMGUS because he posted an OMGUS half an hour later, and my read was that he setup that. I wasn't making that up out of thin air. He responded to my questions and then I suspected him less. If you have any questions for me, I'll be happy to answer them.

hmm let me re-read those interactions

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

hmm let me re-read those interactions

hm nope, still reads like za has an actual point to his vote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oic what you were say about za answering your questions later in the thread

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

I just want to be clear, since you never asked me about it, just accused me of it, I said Diqnol set up an OMGUS because he posted an OMGUS half an hour later, and my read was that he setup that. I wasn't making that up out of thin air. He responded to my questions and then I suspected him less. If you have any questions for me, I'll be happy to answer them.

ok in conclusion i see what you're saying, your argument makes a lot more sense now. i just never saw an za's vote on GG as omgus at all so i bored in on that narrative as being scummy

##unvote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

holy drat are there enough people around to lynch anyone but GG fuckkkkkk

##vote propmachine

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom posted:

Don't be a drama queen.

##vote pmach artificial af aggressive non-engagement

this is really bizarre, actually

pmach hadn't posted in a little while, pinmom drops this vote, two posts later pmach shows up to kvetch

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

c.f.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'd rather have that on d1 than five pages of arguing about confirmation post vt claims.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am around!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Captain Foo posted:

this is really bizarre, actually

pmach hadn't posted in a little while, pinmom drops this vote, two posts later pmach shows up to kvetch

Between this and the whole "I have questions for SOMEONE ON THIS PAGE" and then not asking them, I agree it's very little content, but how is that an alignment tell anymore than GG's high-strungness?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Between this and the whole "I have questions for SOMEONE ON THIS PAGE" and then not asking them, I agree it's very little content, but how is that an alignment tell anymore than GG's high-strungness?

Picking fights and making snarky comments the way Pmach has is a lot easier than faking reads. She isn't not participating like Hiip is, she's contributing pure noise in lieu of making any attempt at all to find scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

tbqh it's a meta read for me on GG, his play of getting aggro on anyone who looks at him funny is identical to how he played in the previous game I played with him (where he flipped town)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Picking fights and making snarky comments the way Pmach has is a lot easier than faking reads. She isn't not participating like Hiip is, she's contributing pure noise in lieu of making any attempt at all to find scum.

##vote pmach

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

generally snark and being pointed is one thing, but you have to actually probe and get responses out of people or proffer theories or do something instead of weakly hopping on a vote (za) and sniping around

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

##vote pmach

this isn't the first time you've let somebody do the work for you, and toss out a weak vote.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm going out to watch the hockey game so deadline is floating until I get home.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

this isn't the first time you've let somebody do the work for you, and toss out a weak vote.

I was not fully buying the PMach case, which is why I asked a question, and then when PMom said something I found convincing I voted. Would you rather I fabricate reasons to vote?

What do you think about PMach, Roydrowsy?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

this is true but it's a better vote than his vote on gg before, imo

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

What is the case on Pmach besides you don't wanna vote out the Ghastly ghostlies?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm coming back from the store, will be on in 15

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Hurt posted:

What is the case on Pmach besides you don't wanna vote out the Ghastly ghostlies?

don't be lazy, i've stated my reasons :)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

So why PMach and not someone like me who has essentially been a noncontributer or Hiip or Chic who has been the whitest of noise? Or Apostate Courier? I just don't see what makes the ideas on PMach so drat compelling compared to a whole bunch of other folks.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I don't see a "get's voted, then comes into the thread" as particularly damning evidence since there's a million other possible ways for someone to react to a callout as scum. Charging in face first to defend oneself just seems super idiotic for a scum move, and I just can't see Machine making that.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Hurt posted:

So why PMach and not someone like me who has essentially been a noncontributer or Hiip or Chic who has been the whitest of noise? Or Apostate Courier? I just don't see what makes the ideas on PMach so drat compelling compared to a whole bunch of other folks.

i don't policy lynch for flat-out lurking d1 which is basicaly hiip and apostate tho i remember AC posting some stuff that at least seemed helpful before vanishing. pmach's posting has been more disruptive

chic looked fairly bad too, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

huh i had you pegged for contributing more than the 2 (maybe 3) posts you actually did

• Locked thread