Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's only 3-4 screenshots, some of which might be faked and one being just a picture of Cersei's face. For now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
If the full episode leaked I'd be here talking about it!!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

Turns out when you spend all your time saying retarded things and being a retarded person people come to think you're a retard whenever you open your dumbfuck mouth.

Oh you're mad.

mind the walrus posted:

P. much. Acting like I was baited because I shut his weaksauce attempt to troll the gently caress down without blinking using logic that's been running in this thread for years is loving weak.

Lmfao. You're the puppet master, dude.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

[Said whilst tears are streaming down my face] you dumb gently caress. You didn't troll me I was only pretending to be crying.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Stop Knuc this is sad.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I didnt even know the last ep that aired was the 2nd to last. Are they loving around with where they stick the good stuff or was everyone really waiting for Dany to ride a dragon?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Kevan dying in the book is just a vehicle for Varys' near-book-saving cool guy speech at the end anyway. He's more important in the book as a kind of lannister handler for tommen but he was still not that big of a deal.

Kevan is also fixing the damage Cersei's been causing and Varys would rather have her ruining everything since she's short-sighted at best and a complete idiot at worst.

Kevan as king's hand to Tommen is the last thing Varys wants because neither are the black hearted monster that Geoffery and Tywin were and Tommen could easily be molded in to a competent ruler by Kevan while there was no way in hell Geoffery was going to be anything but another mad king.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
In the his short reign as Hand, Kevan managed to placate the Tyrells and somewhat re-establish confidence in the monarchy. Can't have that.

I really look forward to seeing Cersei catch word of this, then go absolutely insane.

(In the show)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Oh you're mad.

Lmfao. You're the puppet master, dude.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

[Said whilst tears are streaming down my face] you dumb gently caress. You didn't troll me I was only pretending to be crying.

You're the most reliable flower to bloom in this garden of poo poo in years.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Stop Knuc this is sad.

That's what I'm saying.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I didnt even know the last ep that aired was the 2nd to last. Are they loving around with where they stick the good stuff or was everyone really waiting for Dany to ride a dragon?

Show-watchers have a whole different field of expectations because they aren't use to half-decade waits between plot "advancement."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
They're not into Meereen, but watchers still like Dany herself.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They haven't had the time to obsess about her awful decision making abilities that we have.

Give them time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plus they had much more sympathetic Drogos and ~~Daarios~~ without glistening manhoods, leaving their imaginations fertile.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can we go back to the year hiatus you had posting in this thread?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SeaborneClink posted:

Can we go back to the year hiatus you had posting in this thread?

I don't post in this thread when the show's not on because I don't have the brain disease y'all caught where I obsess over a book series I pretend to hate, year round for literal decade plus.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You just obsess over the obsessors.

Which is different, I swear!

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mind the walrus posted:

Scholarly theories range from a portly man in an ugly sailor hat who gropes young girls at nerd conventions to a pear-shaped cryptozoological oddity that subsumes pretty young women in dank apartment basements. We're waiting on the carbon dating from some samples.

i can't find anything about him groping at a convention but i want it to be true

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
And here I was thinking I couldn't be any more excited for the season finale.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

You just obsess over the obsessors.

Which is different, I swear!

There really is always that one retard who thinks he's merely a visitor and not an actual member of the special class, who fails to notice that he's had a cubby with his name on it and he's the reason the tables all have rubber under the rim now.

A Major Fucker posted:

i can't find anything about him groping at a convention but i want it to be true

It ain't official but there's been more than a few pictures over the years of GRRM showing no hesitation nor hoverhand with young ladies at conventions, which would be commendable from some angles but starts to look really creepy when you see them all side-by-side and realize he paws the hands of every pretty little girl getting her book signed.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't post in this thread when the show's not on because I don't have the brain disease y'all caught where I obsess over a book series I pretend to hate, year round for literal decade plus.

If we all admit you're right will you stop posting?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

[quote="mind the walrus" post=""446460094"]
It ain't official but there's been more than a few pictures over the years of GRRM showing no hesitation nor hoverhand with young ladies at conventions, which would be commendable from some angles but starts to look really creepy when you see them all side-by-side and realize he paws the hands of every pretty little girl getting her book signed.
[/quote]

Whoever said gurm's self insert is wyman manderly was wrong. It's really Illyrio, who keeps his dead wife's severed hands in his bedroom.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mind the walrus posted:

This isn't South Korea. Hoverhand really isn't a big thing here. Most celebs do it because they don't want to be touching 394789609 different people. Especially at a convention where you find a lot of ripe-smelling people.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

yronic heroism posted:

If we all admit you're right will you stop posting?

If you stop posting will anyone notice?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you stop posting will anyone notice?

Real talk though: gently caress you.

Sure, it's the bad thread and full of bad posts, but it's not actually a contest to see who is the shittiest of poo poo posters. Stop trying so hard. You're terrible.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This isn't the bad thread, it's the xbox one sucks mega thread for 40 year old retards.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This isn't the bad thread, it's the xbox one sucks mega thread for 40 year old retards.

And your point is?

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah it'll be nice to see it come true when Jaimie kills Cersei.

http://www.reddit.com/r/cleganebowl

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Lately, I've been kinda enthralled with the idea that the world of ASOIAF is actually on the inner surface of a hollow sphere, and that the sun (or suns!) actually move around erratically within the center (sort of like the rollstars in the shellworld in Matter). It would explain the erratic seasons and their indeterminate lengths. The "red sword" comet seen in the first book could even be one of those suns fizzling out/lighting up and taking a close pass at the surface.

There's not really anything in the text to support this, it was a thought triggered by the credits sequence for the show. In title sequence, the map they zoom around is very clearly on the inside, rather than the outside, of a sphere, and when they zoom up they show the sun sorta chillin' out hovering in the middle. The most obvious explanation, of course, is that it's just a cool visual and that's why they did it, but I occasionally wonder if it wasn't a more deliberate choice based on information they have from GRRM that we haven't been given in the book. I don't think the nature of the planet will ever be revealed in the books because the people within the book's world don't have the scientific knowledge to figure that kinda thing out and we're always given information from a character's perspective. As external fanwank material, though, it's kind of a neat thought.

The main issue with this is if the characters were walking around on the inside of an inverted sphere, ignoring the obvious gravity issues, they would be able to see the reverse-curvature of the world's surface on any clear day. Which would look freaky as gently caress to us.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

mind the walrus posted:

And your point is?

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HELLO LADIES posted:

It's actually kind of ambiguous on Illyrio himself. There's the statue of the young warrior in his garden that was supposedly of Illyrio. The whole young, strong hot warrior guy to gross fatty transition is a pretty direct nod to Aegon the Unworthy who was responsible for starting the Blackfyres in the first place.

that's also robert baratheon's arc. even the bastards are the same. grrm really plagiarized himself

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regulus74 posted:

Watch them combine Varys with Darkstar and have him cut off Myrcella's ear. Actually, considering the writers' slavish insistence on showing how you guys we can totally be dark and mean too, they'll have Varys cut off her clit instead.

hopefully they'll be really graphic, but since they can't actually cut off someone's clit they'll use grainy footage of something that happened in sudan and use cgi to make the woman white

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

No poo poo, really? We had no idea.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kevan is also fixing the damage Cersei's been causing and Varys would rather have her ruining everything since she's short-sighted at best and a complete idiot at worst.

Kevan as king's hand to Tommen is the last thing Varys wants because neither are the black hearted monster that Geoffery and Tywin were and Tommen could easily be molded in to a competent ruler by Kevan while there was no way in hell Geoffery was going to be anything but another mad king.

For some reason the idea that Varys' plans are in danger because all the awful people killed each other and only the decent remain is really funny. Good thing Westeros will never run out of awful people.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hey man, I'm barely in my mid-30s.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shut up everybody, i have a question

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Lycus posted:

They're not into Meereen, but watchers still like Dany herself.

I actually think it was funny reading comments about that episode. A lot of show watchers loved it and ate it up with a spoon but a good majority also thought it was really awful that Dany left all her friends behind. Not that such a move could ever spoil Dany to show watchers.

Also one person mentioned that the dramatic twenty second pause of Dany and Drogon sharing a moment was really awkward and why did the Harpies not just chuck a spear at her when they had the chance?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hunky Joe posted:

but a good majority also thought it was really awful that Dany left all her friends behind.

That never even occurred to me. I guess i the book, it wasn't like she was abandoning people, she was just trying to save Drogon.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Rewatch the scene, after Drogon destroys the harpies the unsullied clearly have the upper hand, the final shots of Tyrion and the gang looking at Dany in disbelief show the unsullied establishing a defensive perimeter around the protagonists and all the harpies are either fleeing or dead, the editing/framing wasn't great but I think we're meant to think Dany is flying off on Drogon to protect him as well as to stop him from burning the arena to the ground more than she does it to save herself.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

A Major Fucker posted:

shut up everybody, i have a question

where is it?

I mean, you only posted once instead of your usual 3 consecutive posts in a row.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

kcroy posted:

That never even occurred to me. I guess i the book, it wasn't like she was abandoning people, she was just trying to save Drogon.

Yeah in the book no one is in danger but Dany and Jorah really and she dashes in and saves Jorah by distracting Drogon. Her flying off essentially doesn't put anyone at risk. But in the show she has Missandi, Tyrion, Jorah, Daario, and several Unsullied just left there as she flies off. Peace out, dudes I have a dragon to ride have fun saving yourselves.

I mean I guess you can say that the Harpies pissed themselves and ran? That's my only argument against it and it isn't a very good one.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
When Dany mounts Drogon there are only a handful of Harpies still fighting in the pit, Drogon takes off flying right through them and the next shot is from an aerial perspective showing people scattering away running towards the exits, the next shot from the ground has the camera circling Tyrion and there's no fighting going on anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

yronic heroism posted:

Whoever said gurm's self insert is wyman manderly was wrong. It's really Illyrio, who keeps his dead wife's severed hands in his bedroom.

It's gotta be Yezzan. Too fat to even stand, reeks of piss and perfume, obsessed with expanding his grotesquerie, prized posession is a hermaphrodite bedslave. Manderly and Illyrio are noob-rear end wannabes. Only The Yellow Whale brings Gurm-caliber game.