Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

This is absolutely fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I was really pleased with that instruments video. I might have to buy a band-in-the-box after all.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Unless I missed it, they didn't say much about the drum pads. So as-is, I'm assuming that they're going to be on par with what RB3 and B:RB had. Now I only ever played with RB1 drums due to being a teenager with no money. How were the pads on latter drum kits? Were they so loud that they still needed foam/rubber/felt pads and rubber tips on the sticks to be apartment friendly? Or were they much better about noise out of box?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The latter kits felt a lot less like hitting concrete blocks, but I wouldn't consider them (or hell, any electronic drum kit) apartment-friendly.

Oh, and no goddamn Sock Mod needed either.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
The TBRB drumkit is just a reskin of the RB2 kit if I recall.
They put as much spring and bounceback in them as you could, and they are 100x quieter than RB1's solid thwackpads, but some people still prefer them quieter if your living space requires it. One common trick I've read a million times was to attach mousepads over each drum pad with rubber bands and make everything even quieter. I think that method fell into disuse after RB3 though because get cymbals or get out.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
They mentioned that the new drums have a different pad construction to avoid denting and other issues. They're not a RB3 reskin. HOW different it is, they didn't say.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Music game pioneer Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. is taking the highest-rated interactive music gaming platform to the next level with Rock Band 4. Designed exclusively for current-generation gaming consoles, Rock Band 4 delivers the ecstatic rush of a live band performance like never before. Add your personal signature to every performance through groundbreaking features such as Freestyle Guitar Solos that allow players to create their own legendary solos. Combined with impressive current-gen visual polish and a soundtrack featuring some of rock's biggest acts, Rock Band 4 aims to create the defining music gaming platform for this generation.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z9HS664/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_asp_7uTSJ.2KXRBVG

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
They pulled it quickly.

Price was 209 euros or pounds, can't remember now, and included free shipping.
I don't know the conversation rate off the top of my head, but this is more expensive than the $200 USD I thought it would cost.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=es-419&ct=clnk

check out MadCatz PR draft, not one mention of online

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Have RB guitars always had pickup switches? I assume it's just a decorative thing, not some sort of d-pad or other input?
edit: oh it does effects? That's pretty neat actually. I've only ever had the basic GH3 controllers.
edit 2: wait, does it? I think I got confused.

sout fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 12, 2015

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You first edit is correct. On guitar it allows you to switch between Chorus, Echo, Flanger and Wah Wah. On bass, Chorus, Distortion, Wah Wah and...I think Echo? Anywho, those effects only kick in during overdrive or during solos.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I keep forgetting effects are a thing, but come to think of it, RB4 could probably get me to buy an XBone if it let me apply them at will and throughout the entire song.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
C3 custom song releases for June 12, 2015:

New! Duets C01 3-pack (farottone)
  • Dennis Edwards - "Don't Look Any Further (ft. Siedah Garrett)"
  • Michael Jackson - "The Girl is Mine (ft. Paul McCartney)"
  • Philip Bailey - "Easy Lover (ft. Phil Collins)"
New! LGBT Pride Month 2015 4-pack
  • Against Me! - "Transgender Dysporia Blues" (Gigakoops)
  • Fine Young Cannibals - "She Drives Me Crazy" (farottone)
  • George Michael - "Careless Whisper" (farottone)
  • Queen - "It's a Hard Life" (farottone)
EIGHTIESTRAVAGANZA! continues this week, with 6/7 releases being totally boss.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

pksage posted:

Philip Bailey - "Easy Lover (ft. Phil Collins)"

at loving last!! I've had this at the top of my wanted list since RB3 was announced. This song has everything! Keys, Harmonies, solos! I don't even like that song that much!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Goddamn that's one hell of a week

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Woh this week is incredible. It has multiple songs that I told my wife I needed to sing. And since we both dog, duets packs are the best.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

Wired mic :(

Hopefully the Lips mics will work with the Xbone dongle.

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't

Orange Harrison posted:

Why I never play with randos:

This was a huge problem with RB3. Most interface changes they made from RB2 were for the worse. RB2 had a filter to just show what DLC was common to everyone and let each person choose an individual song and go. RB3 hid whoever the person could actually launch the game was and buried the tracklist in interface. That's not even mentioning the loss of head-to-head modes without adding anything of real value in its place.

I plan to pick up RB4 since there's no point in jumping off now, almost 900 songs later, but so far their entire marketing campaign has appeared desperate. Each reveal makes the game seem like a frantic rush to market in order to recoup sunk Kinect game costs and keep the company afloat. It'll function as advertised, I have no doubt, and maybe improve over time but boy, what a mess so far.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Been hoping for "Easy Lover" forever! That song has a surprisingly rocking guitar part. Thanks!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

DancinBrud posted:

Been hoping for "Easy Lover" forever! That song has a surprisingly rocking guitar part. Thanks!

Daryl Stuermer owns, check out the solo on Don't Lose My Number too

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

cbirdsong posted:

Wired mic :(

Hopefully the Lips mics will work with the Xbone dongle.

I bet since the old mics aren't controllers, they're just mics, they won't need the dongle and will just work.

(Unless the Lips mic is wireless/a controller, I have no familiarity with it.)

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
We're still not allowed to talk about it in-depth, but I hope Harmonix's E3 coverage mentions the whole "harmonies for every back catalog song" thing. If I were allowed to talk about it, I would say that it's pretty neat.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Asnorban posted:

Woh this week is incredible. It has multiple songs that I told my wife I needed to sing. And since we both dog, duets packs are the best.

Same here, it's really a ton of fun to sing them, glad you'll be able to enjoy them. :)

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

ElwoodCuse posted:

Daryl Stuermer owns, check out the solo on Don't Lose My Number too

And after you do that, you load up The Way We Walk Live, sit down, go through Firth of Fifth guitar solo and cry a tear of joy.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

farottone posted:

And after you do that, you load up The Way We Walk Live, sit down, go through Firth of Fifth guitar solo and cry a tear of joy.

Was at the Turn It On Again Tour :coal:

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

ElwoodCuse posted:

Was at the Turn It On Again Tour :coal:

The version I refer to is the one from The Way We Walk, in the Old Medley (which is btw so good it hurts). ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

pksage posted:

Fantastic week!

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I never thought I'd see Careless Whisper in Rock Band, but here we are.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

The T posted:

(Unless the Lips mic is wireless/a controller, I have no familiarity with it.)

They are wireless and quite awesome: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Microphone/dp/B002EWD09A

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Mine have a lot of lag, enough so that if I am playing for points or having a party the wired mic is always the lead mic. Some people can't deal with that. Unless it is something in my setup.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pksage posted:

:stare:

Asnorban posted:

Mine have a lot of lag, enough so that if I am playing for points or having a party the wired mic is always the lead mic. Some people can't deal with that. Unless it is something in my setup.

Happens to me too, but my system has a bunch of lag as well.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 12, 2015

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
In my experience, any setup with an audio receiver or similar between your mic (even a wired one) and the speakers results in noticeable lag when amplifying your voice through the game. When I hosted my only huge, on-stage Rock Band event, we used a regular stage mic, and had its output running to the game back in the mixing room. This hurts scoring a bit at the expense of the live vocals being snappy and clear, which is more than a good trade in my eyes.

When I'm in a living room I ALSO turn down in-game amplification, but mostly because I'm the main singer and I sing way too loudly as it is.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Master Twig posted:

I never thought I'd see Careless Whisper in Rock Band, but here we are.

Where is my sax controller, Harmonix? :colbert:

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

pksage posted:

We're still not allowed to talk about it in-depth, but I hope Harmonix's E3 coverage mentions the whole "harmonies for every back catalog song" thing. If I were allowed to talk about it, I would say that it's pretty neat.

Anything else you're not allowed to discuss? ;-)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I rebuilt my customs USB drive after the system update and it seems to have broken animations for customs. I get one fixed camera perspective throughout the song, and band members only loop through one animation now. Help.

At least it's temporarily amusing; in one venue the singer's animation loop led him to gradually move off stage and come back a minute later.

(By "rebuilt" I mean I took everything off, reformatted in the 360 and put everything back on using CON Tools.)

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

My Lovely Horse posted:

I rebuilt my customs USB drive after the system update and it seems to have broken animations for customs. I get one fixed camera perspective throughout the song, and band members only loop through one animation now. Help.

At least it's temporarily amusing; in one venue the singer's animation loop led him to gradually move off stage and come back a minute later.

(By "rebuilt" I mean I took everything off, reformatted in the 360 and put everything back on using CON Tools.)

You need to load TU4 back in. RBtoUSB has a one-click feature for that.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Of course (of course)! Thought I had that on my hard drive for some reason. Thanks!

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Pre-order the Rock Band 4 Band-In-A-Box or the Rock Band 4 Fender Stratocaster Guitar Software Bundle for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and get a Song Pack of 34 downloadable tracks playable in Rock Band 4. Customers who pre-order from Amazon.com will get 4 exclusive tracks: • Alabama Shakes “Don't Wanna Fight” • Breaking Benjamin “Failure” • Death From Above 1979 “Trainwreck 1979” • The Pretty Reckless “Follow Me Down.” Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships. Offer limited to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

http://amzn.to/1Sh5noG

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DFA, gently caress yes!