Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

The Question is

You were skeptical of anything telling the truth in this place, where everything including the natural laws shifted and lied. How to tell if someone was even real or human? You flicked on your Psyoccolum, and… she was ten feet high, her feathers and furs shifting into something far more birdlike, stretched out a serpentine neck, although she still had a human face. Around her neck was a silver collar and chain, stretching far off into the distance you shook your head painfully.

“Ooh,” She said sympathetically. “That couldn’t have been pleasant.”
“Just what you see in the mirror everyday.”
She chuckled. “Let’s not ruin this. Your question?”
“Who are the Darkness?”
She clapped her hands and spun around, laughing girlishly. “Oh, and they said you were far too gone to ask the right questions. Very well. You ask to see if the Darkness is the Nightlords, champions of Chaos and Terror. You ask to see if they serve my father. They do not. The Darkness serves its tasks set forth by the champion in the blue and the gold, Roboute Guilliman.”
You came to a full stop. “You can’t be serious.”
She laughed again. “The truth will not make you happy Ohone. The truth will not set you free. And now… “ She curtsied mockingly. “I must go about my father’s work.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

We have a smurf infestation on our ship. Thats worse than scrunts!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Wave her goodbye and move on. We're here for a reason, and the smurf infestation is a problem for another day.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Maybe our Waifu Athena can help fix Roboute...?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

ignore the answer by the agent of tzeentch

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Ultramarines are literally the best space marines, i am sure they have a good reason to be there.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

SerSpook posted:

Any other answer I would agree with you.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Oasx posted:

The Ultramarines are literally the worst space marines, i am sure they have no good reason to be there.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SerSpook posted:

Pretty obvious

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question for the thread. What's the significance of what she just said?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

RandomPauI posted:

Question for the thread. What's the significance of what she just said?

It would be like hearing Jesus was working for the other side all along.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Roboute_Guilliman

Loel fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 12, 2015

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Gulliman is the Primarch (superhuman founder) of the Ultramarines, one of the most prolific Space Marine chapters in the universe. Loyalist Space Marines, that is. Supposedly the Primarch himself is stuck in cryo-stasis or something now, possibly recovering from a near-mortal wound or somesuch.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Or that the other side wasn't against you after all.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
The Ultramarines are also the most orthodox chapter, Guilliman having literally written the book on how to be a spehs mahreen.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
take note of what the servant said, but do no dwell on it. . It could be true, it could be false, it could be something blown way out of proportion or even just a manufactured and projected paranoia of our own design. It doesn't matter right now, the only thing that matters is getting to our destination. Everything else is just tricks of light and and fleeting shadows.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

You guys think we can take a Tzeentchian demon prince? We have some firepower, and that's not the kind of thing you leave alive if you can help it.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Time and place. If that thing is real then it's ancient and extremely powerful. We don't even have the All-Star team here. Last time we tried to kill one of these we had to drown it in a starships worth of bleach. We are just a mutant, a dwarf, a very insane tech inquisitor and a missing junkie in a box. It's most likely not even real. Don't chase the rabbit, just keep walking.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We have a more immediate concern: Find Dervies.

Say good bye to Big Bird.

Tiki Powers
Jul 19, 2005
If your friendship can survive this, your not playing dirty enough
Were Malleus! We saw a daemon! First reaction should be Fire and Fury.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
But we can't beat that thing! So we need to find another nuke and walk into it to kill the deamon!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Yeah, yeah, blue & gold, whatever. On with the box-hunt.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Save the box ghost!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ignore the obvious Agent of Chaos, Robutt Girlyman would do no such thing!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

We’re all mad here

The demon - or sorcerer - began to fade, leaving only her smile behind, and then it, too, was gone. She almost certainly served the Changer of Ways, which meant everything she said was meant to lie and deceive. Unless she was telling the truth, in which case things were about the worst you could imagine. The Ultramarines were the most reliable, powerful, and trusted Chapter of Space Marines in the galaxy, and for them to have fallen…

But that was what she wanted you to think, wasn’t it. It was a ludicrous statement, impossible to believe, except the refuge it took in audacity. You could spend hours (or centuries…) spinning yourself in circles about this. Just as planned. Unless they wanted you to rush ahead without thinking….

‘That’s what I wanted you to think’ was rather their MO. Very frustrating. Better to just seige drill things out of the way. You looked hopefully about, but the shades were gone into the past, set upon the feast you had set before them. At least your past self was having fun with them. You were fairly sure some of their ichor was still on your armor. Glorious.

Perhaps there would be a target rich environment down below. Servomotors whirring, you began running down the stairs, leaping from platform to platform. You could hear your followers crying out as they fell behind, but if they were weak, they deserved it. Deep, deep into the past you went, as days and weeks and years fell away.

Was the marble changing, or just your perspective of it? Going further back in time gave a thickness to the air, first like a humid day, and then like molasses. You pushed through it with strength of will and the power of technology, and laughed all the while. Around you, the pillars shifted to basalt, leaving the baroque style for brutalist. Even the walls seemed more stubborn, here.

You didn’t find Devries alone. Rather, he had settled (or been dragged to) a nearby wall, watching all with a sardonic gaze. As you arrived, his voice reached for you.
“You know, I have to admit I was expecting more of a … web. In the Webway. Might have helped slow my fall.”
“Shut up Devries. Who is this?”
The other figure looked over at you, dressed in the familiar cuttings of your Family. By the Omnissiah, did everyone in your Family end up here? It was enough to make you scream.
Oh. And it was a younger version of Limosa, because why not. He blinked at you, confused.

“I see you wear the armor of the Lord-Sire, but I don’t recognize you. Past or future?”

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
"Future, I think. You with Siadwell yet?" Also, introduce Galahad to his dad, I suppose.

Lets steal Siadwells interrogator.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
oh look who's snuck off to bang his elvish girlfriend

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"Future. Devries, tell Limosa when and how you kill him so he can fake his own death."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

:allears:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Future, and for fucks sake wrap it before you tap it, Xeno-Lover

Also yeah, gently caress with time (or close the time loop) and make Limosa alive.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 12, 2015

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Grognan posted:

"Future. Devries, tell Limosa when and how you kill him so he can fake his own death."

O fuk

second

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Arkanomen posted:

do you WANT us to get stuck in a time paradox

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Arkanomen posted:

Oi, the by-product's standing right there!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

do you WANT us to get stuck in a time paradox

Yes?

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

Grognan posted:

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Waci posted:

you know what this calls for

family.movie.night.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Waci posted:

Oh time will keep it stable by having the comment put the idea of Limosa having a Xeno child because some giant angry robot lord sire from the future yelled at him about wearing a condom. Messing with time takes a lackadaisical finesse, like Bill and Ted doing the whole "keys here, we'll just take care of it in the future when we do have time."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Grognan posted:

One of our former(?) enemies will tell our other former(?) enemy how to bring him back. If we don't have any friends to assist us, we'll have to find enemies.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Shogeton posted:

One of our former(?) enemies will tell our other former(?) enemy how to bring him back. If we don't have any friends to assist us, we'll have to find enemies.

What greater achievement is there than getting your enemies to do your work for you?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Oh man hey, if we really want to have some fun loving with time, keep digging down until we find where Athena was first made, steal her source code and leave a message for her, time locked until a few moments before we walk into the ship for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Grognan posted:

Do this! Also it seems like we're probably back more than far enough, we should climb a bit and exit if we can. Or do we need to go somewhere more specific?

Arkanomen posted:

Oh man hey, if we really want to have some fun loving with time, keep digging down until we find where Athena was first made, steal her source code and leave a message for her, time locked until a few moments before we walk into the ship for the first time.
I'm pretty sure the further we go back the more difficult things will become. That would be far too dangerous, likely impossible.