Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

cheesetriangles posted:

I really wish the macro builder listed what a provinces trade good was in the development tab. Sure that province has basically no development and is really cheap but I can't plan my expansion without knowing what is built there. Is it grain and I want to pump tons of manpower into it or is it silk and I want to max production?

you're one post away from 6666

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I was wondering how much of the nation specific events and decisions you are missing out on by playing a custom nation. Anyone have a clue approximately how much of that there is?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

How do you get army tradition now? I'm playing Ottomans, it's 1590 and I'm about to westernize after conquering Vienna, yet I still haven't unlocked the Janissaries event cause I can't reach 50 AT despite going Defensive as my second idea. AT from sieges is so much lower than it used to be.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Back To 99 posted:

I was wondering how much of the nation specific events and decisions you are missing out on by playing a custom nation. Anyone have a clue approximately how much of that there is?

Depends on the nation. Some get lots like, Poland, England, Ottomans etc some get bugger all like most of the tiny nations.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Elman posted:

How do you get army tradition now? I'm playing Ottomans, it's 1590 and I'm about to westernize after conquering Vienna, yet I still haven't unlocked the Janissaries event cause I can't reach 50 AT despite going Defensive as my second idea. AT from sieges is so much lower than it used to be.

Jumping into every battle you possibly can I guess. They supposedly doubled the AT you get from battles, since people tend to want to play smart and attack when they have an advantage, the base AT gain from battles was so low to begin with that you probably end up still getting 0.2 AT for a single battle or something.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

To be fair, the AI suffers from it too so it's not a huge deal. It's good that AT is starting to be a stat you need to keep up by succeeding militarily, similar to power projection, instead of just something that's always maxed and gives you an advantage over the AI.

That 100 AT/NT achievement is going to be hell, though :v:

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

The point is, the AI can take a stance of

"Sure I'll help defend you from these other dicks, but no I wont help you take over all your neighbors and become your attack dog."

The player can't. I'd like to be able to have a similar stance, "sure Milan, I'll protect you from Austria, but no, I'm not going to do all the heavy lifting so you can take over all northern Italy."

We should be able to turn down offensive calls to arms without penalty just like the AI. Or let the AI know somehow we are not interested (so it doesn't decide to launch an attack against France thinking we're going to join in an do all the work).

Also, I noticed a bug the other day, if you attack someone and their ally is showing as unwilling to join you cannot tick the co-belligerent box. Which is fine apart from when the fuckers join the war anyway.

Proclaim a guarantee.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If an OPM gets it army wiped by rebels and has them sitting on top of the capital but without enough troops to actually siege it they really oughta get enforced demands or something. I watched a few HRE OPMs sit for like a century because they never joined wars because they had no army and they were either allied to the Emperor or they were a Free City, so nobody attacked them. They had a stack of like 50 peasants or whatever keeping them totally hosed all game.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Larry Parrish posted:

If an OPM gets it army wiped by rebels and has them sitting on top of the capital but without enough troops to actually siege it they really oughta get enforced demands or something. I watched a few HRE OPMs sit for like a century because they never joined wars because they had no army and they were either allied to the Emperor or they were a Free City, so nobody attacked them. They had a stack of like 50 peasants or whatever keeping them totally hosed all game.
Would probably make more sense to have rebel units of that size just disband automatically. Nah, you're right, making them enforce demands would probably be better. If a peasant uprising can run around unopposed, other peasants would probably start getting ideas too, forcing the local authorities to just accept their demands.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Elman posted:

To be fair, the AI suffers from it too so it's not a huge deal.
Yeah, that's true. Maybe high AT should be an anomaly instead of the norm, but the decay seems harsh enough that you tend to either be really low or really high. It's not really a normal distribution which seems off

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kersch posted:

Yeah, that's true. Maybe high AT should be an anomaly instead of the norm, but the decay seems harsh enough that you tend to either be really low or really high. It's not really a normal distribution which seems off

I'm of the opinion that all of the decay mechanics are insanely annoying and you should just lose AT as well as prestige from battles, and more of it instead.

Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011
Both army tradition and power projection seem a bit weird now. I've just been blobbing with France a bit, and after nearly a century of nearly constant warfare I have almost no AT or PP. I've actually completely run out of PP, because the countries that are actually a threat and which I sometimes fight don't qualify as "rivals" and the only countries I can set as rivals are so far away that I can't even come up with an excuse to attack them. Apparently the game thinks an Austrian emperor expanding all over the place or a large Castillian colonial empire aren't even threats, and that my only real rival should be the loving Mamluks.

It just feels weird that the game punishes me for crushing my neighbours by making the only available "rival" a country that I have no interest in attacking or any casus belli on.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Patch is out by the way.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Hot fix notes -

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hotfix-1-12-1-checksum-ae85.862198/

Interesting addition (might have been there in Wiz's prelim notes as well but my reading is failing me this week)

quote:

Autonomy from diploannexation is now 60 (down from 75)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

The point is, the AI can take a stance of

"Sure I'll help defend you from these other dicks, but no I wont help you take over all your neighbors and become your attack dog."

The player can't. I'd like to be able to have a similar stance, "sure Milan, I'll protect you from Austria, but no, I'm not going to do all the heavy lifting so you can take over all northern Italy."

We should be able to turn down offensive calls to arms without penalty just like the AI. Or let the AI know somehow we are not interested (so it doesn't decide to launch an attack against France thinking we're going to join in an do all the work).

It isn't as uneven as you say. You can choose to call in allies to your offensive wars when they have a red X and they will indeed lose that prestige when they decline the call.

And the player has a choice the AI doesn't: accept the call then do flat nothing to help.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Are there any other outstanding issues now, or will my save be stable if I start a game? I usually hold off until the first proper patch for an expansion, but I'm hankering for some England action.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

It should be fine. The game actually launches with mods now :v:

I'm sure there's still a handful of bugs or weird ZoC issues, but nothing outstanding, as you say.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

firestruck posted:

Kazan has pretty decent ideas (if you westernize/reform pretty quickly, otherwise they aren't too great compared to generic horde NIs), Uzbek and Oirat are both decently big, Golden Horde is tricky but I'm pretty sure they're decently strong at the moment, same with Crimea. Challenge mode is Mongolia, definitely.

Huh, I just kind of realised that Kazan is going to keep its unique NIs when it reforms, right? That's pretty great, and I think one of only two ways of having no reinforcement cost while westernised (the other way is being Manchu and reforming to Qing).

I am considering a Manchu game, how much beefier is Ming now with their buffs?

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Great, the old "vassalizing a country that's at war with someone else says it'll drag you into their war, then actually doesn't"-thing is back again.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jolan posted:

Great, the old "vassalizing a country that's at war with someone else says it'll drag you into their war, then actually doesn't"-thing is back again.

Oh it doesn't? Good, I was all freaked out and not taking vassals in wars because it kept saying it would drag me into a war with my allies or others.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

RabidWeasel posted:

Huh, I just kind of realised that Kazan is going to keep its unique NIs when it reforms, right? That's pretty great, and I think one of only two ways of having no reinforcement cost while westernised (the other way is being Manchu and reforming to Qing).

I am considering a Manchu game, how much beefier is Ming now with their buffs?

I haven't actually fought them yet so ymmv, but they lost the 10% discipline malus, have a 10% tech discount, and even when you split them up the fragments have a powerful CB that lets them reunify quickly so I'm gonna go with "a lot". Last patch they would implode within the first century in nearly all my games; this patch (admittedly I've only played like 3 times) they kept near-parity in tech with the westerners and actually conquered things. :eyepop:

I'm sure they're still prone to shattering if you manage to beat them decisively though.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

God bless you Wiz, this is the best expansion ever.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Oh it doesn't? Good, I was all freaked out and not taking vassals in wars because it kept saying it would drag me into a war with my allies or others.

It should, though. I think the issue was that my allies in the war were already fighting the other war too, or something.

So I declared my own war on the aggressor, and one of my allies (that said he'd join) couldn't be called in because he was already at war with yet another party I was also already at war with, and now that he's at peace with them he can't get called into my current war anymore because the game considers the "can't join war because of weird alliance cascade stuff"-call to arms as having happened, and you can't call someone in twice for the same war. Urgh.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Sheep posted:

Didn't Wiz once say that he balanced the HYW with the goal of it being impossible for England to win?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I hope not since I'm pretty sure any numbskull can pull this off now that France is neutered and Burgundy is no longer a reasonable threat.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
The REAL challenge is integrating the PU before 1550!

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

I haven't tried CS/1.12 yet, what is it about this update that makes France such a pushover? I know the two countries no longer start at war but shouldn't France, as the wealthier country be able to raise much larger armies? Did England get a buff?

At any rate, I think it's time I got around to finally getting One Night in Paris.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
No more however many vassals x 3-5 regiments armies to support France's own armies right off the bat is the main thing, I think. That alone was another what , 15ish regiments you had to deal with? France's starting power is now much more on par with England's so with a couple of allies you can actually win without crazy gamey tactics or a hail mary situation.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Lum_ posted:

The REAL challenge is integrating the PU before 1550!

Why would you want to integrate France, she's got good national ideas and with her rich, correct culture provinces she will always have a strong autonomous army to siege or fight poo poo for you.

Contingency Plan posted:

I haven't tried CS/1.12 yet, what is it about this update that makes France such a pushover? I know the two countries no longer start at war but shouldn't France, as the wealthier country be able to raise much larger armies? Did England get a buff?

At any rate, I think it's time I got around to finally getting One Night in Paris.

Because England can easily find continental allies to gang up on France. AI England is still going to have problems defending her continental provinces and therefore lose the war most of the time though.

Sheep posted:

France took out Brittany :eyepop:

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 12, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Contingency Plan posted:

I've only started 2 games with common sense but in both France was reduced to a rump state by 1600-ish. In both games Brittany became the largest power in the area controlling all of the west and north coast of france. In both games Commonwealth formed very early and blobbed up hard along with Bohemia blobbing pretty good. Ottomans did very well both games, taking much of the mid-east. Austria never did much in either and the Emperor titled bounced between Saxony, Hesse, and Brandenburg. Spain and Great Britain formed very early as well.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Contingency Plan posted:

France lost its vessels and the extra force limit that came with them, and all the land they had now starts with like 50-70 autonomy instead. basically France went from having close to 40 starting regiments to 26 vs England's 25. Add in being able to call in Allies to the war and Burgundy getting stronger for the same reasons France is weaker and you Have France losing the HYW even without player intervention as often as not.

Also if anyone hasn't seen the Burgundian Inheritance this patch yet it's kind of funny, Burgundy will instantly inherit all of its PUs and vassals right before it explodes Like a star expanding right before it goes suppernova.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
The hotfix looks to have made the game playable again for Macs, so that's good. Is anyone else having an issue where mostly every country is a Kingdom-ranked title? The only ones that aren't are the Free Cities, the Knights, and the Byzantines/Ming empires. I'm going to try and fix this by erasing the Country History files and then restoring the missing game files via Steam, but I just wanted to make sure that this was a problem other people were having as well.

EDIT: Didn't realize that Dynamic Gov Ranks are DLC only, disregard.

Spiderfist Island fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 12, 2015

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Will a subject get their own center of reformation, if you demand they convert via the subject interactions tab? Assuming there aren't yet 3 centers for that religion.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So sometimes I have a bunch of points to burn and want to upgrade provinces, like invest in some more manpower. But I obviously want to get the lowest hanging fruit, why spend 100 points when I can spend 50 points to get the same thing in another province? Is there any way to make this easier to see? To see provinces by upgrade cost, or development level?

Also I never have any idea when to develop or not. I have no idea when I'm over-spending or under-spending. Should I be specializing my provinces and then building buildings to maximize those specialties? What's the best development strategy? It sounds like a lot of people are doing nothing, saying spending on development is useless vs spending on ideas and techs and other things. I don't know what to do!

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 12, 2015

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
If you pull up the build menu the last tab now is for development, you can see how much each province has been developed and hovering over the upgrade tells you the costs.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tendronai posted:

If you pull up the build menu the last tab now is for development, you can see how much each province has been developed and hovering over the upgrade tells you the costs.

What would be great is a big list of provinces all together allowing you to sort by cost or development in each category and then upgrade with a click from that list rather than exit the list and select the province.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
Hotfix released today

quote:

Fixed a bug where the AI would declare suicidal wars due to incorrectly calculating defensive call acceptance
Forts can no longer take control of other provinces with forts (capital, mothballed or otherwise)
Fixed a bug where the AI would accept concede defeat as the only concession even when they had 100% warscore.
Fixed a bug where single player games started with the 'Only host can save' setting would be unable to be loaded (old saves with this issue will still be broken)
Fixed a bug where some AIs would constantly mothball and unmothball forts (this could cause serious performance hit on lower end machines as well)
Fixed a bug where the AI would continously march back and forth between two provinces in a fort's ZoC
Fixed exploit where you could give away ally's provinces even if not occupied in coalition war.
Fixed a bug where rebels would spawn at very low morale when there were hostile units in their spawn province.
Fixed an issue with steam workshop removing supported_version from .mod files
Fixed an issue where .mod files would be printed with garbled data, resulting in CTD on launch
Fixed an exploit where you could give away the provinces of your war allies even if they were not occupied (you should only be able to give away your own unoccupied provinces)
Unit movement lock can no longer be bypassed by issuing another move order.
Fixed artillery models for several different unit packs to have the correct infantry model accompanying it.
Lowered cost of diplomatic annexation from 10 to 8 dip points per development (since there's more ways to decrease adm cost)
Autonomy from diploannexation is now 60 (down from 75)
Fixes issues using the MacBook trackpad when interacting with the map on OSX.
Fixed a CTD in AI province conquest weight calculation
Fixed a CTD related to rebels in uncolonized provinces
Game no longer crashes when forcing nations with subjects to revoke claims.
Save games saved in 1.12 no longer cause CTDs in 1.11 (only applies to saves made after this hotfix is applied)
The '+' key should now increase game speed correctly on US/UK keyboards.
Fixed issue where foreign Separatists defecting to your country caused your country to act as if it was just released.
Spain can no longer form Andalusia and vice versa (preventing endless nation forming loop for prestige)
'One family to rule them all' achievement can no longer trigger in regency.

Nothing really too interesting except for the diploannexation changes which will make diploannexation once again a competitive option to outright annexation.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Good fixes, does it address the whole "rebels spawning and giving ten years of separatism in a month's siege" issue? It doesn't appear so unless I am misreading it.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I like that France can lose the HYW now, regardless of whether or not it was supposed to be impossible or whatever. For what it's worth, France is doing just fine in my current game. Big blue blob still in full effect here. It's really pissing me off, since they're BFFs with my arch rival Hungary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is extended vanilla experience alright?

• Locked thread