Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Skybase: Keep an eye on that guy just down the ridge; if he steals our animals again, burn his poo poo to the ground. He's a chump who can't do anything really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Rafzakael posted:

I don't! Tell the story friendo

I'll summarize

Wushu was horribly pay2win.

Intoxicate was a girl who showed her tits to men in game who had money and made her character OP. She sucked at the game though.

We spent time griefing her and denying her what she wanted.

She cried on teamspeak.

This happened.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Haroshia posted:

I'll summarize

Wushu was horribly pay2win.

Intoxicate was a girl who showed her tits to men in game who had money and made her character OP. She sucked at the game though.

We spent time griefing her and denying her what she wanted.

She cried on teamspeak.

This happened.

I'm still not sure what happened here, but drat that woman is crazy. Still though, "I have better gears than you. I have more HEART." Is funny, even if I don't know why she's even saying it, haha.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I kinda like how they all just start going at each other over one team kill when the sov guy doesn't bother to say anything. I cannot for the life of me understand being that invested in an mmo.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Skybase was scouted out by Vortexia, which is the guild that Havocis and Kirche belong to. The yellow in question started running around looting and scouting the base entirely, running from location to location in the base.

We've got everything valuable; if you want to reach in and take anything at all, do so, but we're going to have to move. Again.

also that video is a proclick, ty for the story

e: At least we got some good crafting time in. This is what we should be doing, finding a small place to build up, get a few cabins, and just get resources. I hit 33 sewing from 23 today, and Suzera lept a few blacksmithing levels and mining levels (I think she only has 4 to go until mythril?)

e2: since i'm going to sleep, if anyone wants to try and find the next location let me know; jim had a location that was slightly further away, but virtually untouched which means very minimal traffic, but if anyone else has a place that is centered around the Brown Muddy Field area (which is where we get our Mythril, Iron, and Worked Leather) feel free to share it

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 15, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Rafzakael posted:

We've got everything valuable; if you want to reach in and take anything at all, do so, but we're going to have to move. Again.
Don't be so fatalistic. We're not even sure if they're going to burn down this base yet. I'll check and see what happens tonight.

Rafzakael posted:

e: At least we got some good crafting time in. This is what we should be doing, finding a small place to build up, get a few cabins, and just get resources. I hit 33 sewing from 23 today, and Suzera lept a few blacksmithing levels and mining levels (I think she only has 4 to go until mythril?)
41/45 mining for mithril

28/30(?) blacksmithing for mithril

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Looks like skybase is fine for now. And I'm repairing murderbase right now.

Since it seems to be wearing down several people, how about this potential deal: I could see if I can ask them to hold off harassing us for a week while leaving the current base intact. If they leave us alone for a week, we'll take down the murderbase and live in skybase. There's two really nice things about skybase compared to murderbase: we only really need to tower one side, and it is impossible to snipe the towers out with a bow like they can with murderbase. Plus we still get the ability to not be walled in from the outside. (They walled inside murderbase to block the gates) Having a lot less trees is really annoying though.

Within a week we should be decking out with mithril weapons and probably at least iron armor if we keep feeding Rafza and I, so less issues with them being able to go back to rolling us after the week.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 15, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Their reds don't seem to have deployed against either base, and the murder base is repaired.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
They walled in the cliffside base, from the inside.

Dragoon clan or whatever is working with them too, if any didn't already know.

Plek fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 15, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I talked with Kirche and set up a temporary ceasefire outside of the area of murderbase. Kirche said that skybase was far enough away that they wouldn't put a bullseye on us. Kirche said no guarantees that everyone would refrain from hitting murderbase under the week deal.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 15, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Floor plan.

1 important thing Rafza. You need to put the front gate on the gap the other way. That will make it easier for us to get in. Also, whenever we get to it, there's a couple wall corners on the north side that need to be knocked out for a bit so we can place an extra tent and cabin due to the gap they need. A little annoying, but it gets us a lot more stuff inside.

I allocated stuff for the forge and tailor inside since that's where we're most likely to put valuable things in for a while while making the final combines of weapons and armor. The forge in this diagram is where the forge is right now. We probably don't need to build a bunch of towers yet, but there's that unbuildable flat area to the north side that people can walk up to and on, so I designed this with putting some towers on that side in mind.

When you place the tailor, try to get the open corner on one of the south ends. Cabin slopes would ideally run east/west.

Unless it's very expensive, place the guild hall with your alt for now until we decide what to do about the ceasefire/agreement thing. If we place the tenbux hall there at some point though, it needs to be flush against the wall to prevent people from running circles around it if we need to chase them. That means taking down the walls, placing the hall, then putting the walls back up.

E: I'm going to break that noobdragon well in the middle of the plateau. Don't repair it!

Kylra fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 15, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

And someone repaired those tents and cabin on the opposite ridge. Volledig, Avenged and Sera are not one of us. Do not repair their stuff.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kylra posted:

I talked with Kirche and set up a temporary ceasefire outside of the area of murderbase. Kirche said that skybase was far enough away that they wouldn't put a bullseye on us. Kirche said no guarantees that everyone would refrain from hitting murderbase under the week deal.

Fishing pact created!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Fishing pact created!
Oh my god what have I done.

If you guys want to just keep after them we can do that though. This is just an option. I know some of you are feeling burnout over it due to not being able to retaliate effectively yet, so I figured I would see what can be done about giving us some breathing room.

A lot of you seem to like skybase too, so I figured it might not be the worst thing to actually move there.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 15, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I like skybase. Our neighbors are chill, if not placid, and the world tree is a good landmark for traveling.
If Adam, Steve, and their new gimplet want to mess with us there, they have to be in 2 places at once destroying our stuff. For now, we should just continue to buckle down on crafting while we have the rare opportunity to.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Good job Suzera; I don't mind buying some breathing room for now.

If we're going to make Skybase our home, however, I feel we might want to consider stone walls. Wooden was fine for the drek because we weren't sure if we were staying longer then necessary. When I get time I will build according to that plan.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Just to make sure everyone understands: the deal isn't finalized yet. All that's happened is I have talked to Kirche for a bit about it. I need to make sure we're all ok with actually moving to skybase, and I'll get back with Kirche tonight or tomorrow if one of them doesn't just come by.

I can grind out the tessera for stone walls. It'll be good mining xp anyway.

Baldbeard posted:

If Adam, Steve, and their new gimplet want to mess with us there, they have to be in 2 places at once destroying our stuff. For now, we should just continue to buckle down on crafting while we have the rare opportunity to.
They can do this. Skybase isn't that far away from them. Which is the point of actually making a deal.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Apparently good mythril/whale armor at the higher tiers is something in the ballpark of about 600 defense, which is insane.

Also, apparently mount and animal crime is turned back on so be careful about what you pick up.

edit: If you see a cactus, break it down. It has a chance to drop rare water and is extremely valuable (used in legendary crafting but people will trade a min damage 330 weapon for it if the forums are to be believed)

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 15, 2015

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Plek posted:

I kinda like how they all just start going at each other over one team kill when the sov guy doesn't bother to say anything. I cannot for the life of me understand being that invested in an mmo.

I should probably elaborate more. Wushu had this hosed up system where you could cut your dick off (not kidding) to gain super powers. If you were a girl, it still worked for some reason. Basically you became the "Dongfang Bubai", which is like a super eunich. To get it, you had to scour the world for a needle that got charged up by you getting PvP kills. You could only get the kills between 8 PM - Midnight EST, and you were open PvPable EVERYWHERE, even in normal safe points like respawns. It took like 100 kills to get one level, and if you logged off it reset. If you died for any reason the needle dropped and the kills reset as well.

Once it was leveled it gave you an advantage in guild wars, because you could activate it for a huge temporary power boost. Problem was while it was active it DRAINED YOUR XP. It was horribly impractical, and most people farmed it as a status symbol or a shortcut to get into the "Eunich school" which was introduced later on.

Basically, to level it, we fed kills to people and protected them. There was a list of who got it, decided by typical goony politics based on who would be the biggest contributor in guild wars and whatnot. Problem was, Toxx jumped the list over that Zovereign (Zovv) guy because her vagina was magic and the guy she was showing her tits too was high ranking in one of the allied guilds making the decisions on who got it. Like, he was next on the list and she wasn't even on it, but there was a unilateral decision to give it to her by the guy she was loving (Mutou). Zovereign got mad, so he killed her at the end of a long night of farming and just peaced out.

So yeah, there's the context.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It begins. http://steamcommunity.com/app/361800/discussions/0/598198356167162205/

Coming soon to a tree of life near you: Chicken pacts.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Saxophone posted:

I'm still not sure what happened here, but drat that woman is crazy. Still though, "I have better gears than you. I have more HEART." Is funny, even if I don't know why she's even saying it, haha.

+1. That was great.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

This was originally in Portuguese

quote:

This game does not give a drat about the Brazilian players, do not say this because of language (even pq will never make a PT in the same) but because of the American server.

The server is super crowded, Brazilians are one of the most present players in the game and yet we have to face a child ping of ♥♥♥♥ get to play, or if you do not have a net very, very good you You will have to be content to cut down trees and killing chickens as it is very difficult to beat something that moves more than that.

Request A BR server would be too much, but neglecting a South American server is the end of the trail.

As if this were not enough, they do not change anything in game development to reduce lag, incidentally increment more functions and gently caress even more the game of those who have felt laggy. If you're in the red tag (PK) and pass near a tower with my internet (5mb Wireless Hi) what should be an arrow in the path becomes 10 or more.

This game was not meant to be Brazilian while in Early Access perhaps here a few months ...
Just don't tell the North Americans.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
What's a child ping?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

This is literally google translated from Portuguese.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

So we've had a goon melt down in Mumble, the creation of a fishing pact, "guild splintering" (separate guilds) and now we're talking about child pinging.

This is not an Archeage problem

This is a goon problem

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Kylra posted:

Looks like skybase is fine for now. And I'm repairing murderbase right now.

Since it seems to be wearing down several people, how about this potential deal: I could see if I can ask them to hold off harassing us for a week while leaving the current base intact. If they leave us alone for a week, we'll take down the murderbase and live in skybase. There's two really nice things about skybase compared to murderbase: we only really need to tower one side, and it is impossible to snipe the towers out with a bow like they can with murderbase. Plus we still get the ability to not be walled in from the outside. (They walled inside murderbase to block the gates) Having a lot less trees is really annoying though.

Within a week we should be decking out with mithril weapons and probably at least iron armor if we keep feeding Rafza and I, so less issues with them being able to go back to rolling us after the week.

I like skybase, and I wouldn't mind living there. The only thing I'm going to miss is the abundance of chickens and the easy walk to the fleece murder farm to the north. The tree problem isn't really a problem. There are a lot of broadleafs in the forest area on the map west of the world tree. Also, there is a huge spawn of dry wood (and broadleafs) to the south of us in the scarred crag biome. The only thing you have to watch for is the red guild to the southeast. They don't like "city folk".

E: I'm not fond of not loving up those Brazilians after this truce expires and we max out crafting.

Moose_Knuck fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 15, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Moose_Knuck posted:

The only thing I'm going to miss is the abundance of chickens and the easy walk to the fleece murder farm to the north.
There's plenty of chickens in the world tree area. They're just all cooped up. We have to kill them for them to start spawning again. But we can fix that, especially once we get geared up.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Also, to be clear, Vortexis is not actually Brazilian. In fact, the Brazilians sometimes give them poo poo, according to what I was hearing anyway. Vortexis is currently one of the underdogs in the area. The Brazilians are all/mostly on the muddy field area. They have 3 large bases up there, and at least that many guilds. NOMADES, GOT and one other minimum. They didn't drop the name while I was listening in or talking to them. At any given time, it seems like 10-20 of them are online in just that area.

Kirche said they (Vortexis) were allied with someone, but it wasn't Dragoons. I can't remember the name now, but I'd probably recognize it if I saw it. I think it might be the people west of murderbase.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Xexre posted:

So we've had a goon melt down in Mumble, the creation of a fishing pact, "guild splintering" (separate guilds) and now we're talking about child pinging.

This is not an Archeage problem

This is a goon problem

wait there's already a goon splintering? :allears:

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015
If anyone has a 4 pack I could use a free code :^)

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Meltdown and splintering? Been a busy day. What happened haha?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

wait there's already a goon splintering? :allears:

Baldbeard posted:

Meltdown and splintering? Been a busy day. What happened haha?
It was a joke in reference to our 2-guild base. There's no real splintering. Nothing has happened, unfortunately.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kylra posted:

It was a joke in reference to our 2-guild base. There's no real splintering. Nothing has happened, unfortunately.

wow so all you did was make a fishing pact? its me, im melting down

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

wow so all you did was make a fishing pact? its me, im melting down
Just wait for the chicken pact. The one where we get a bunch of people to pledge to liberate all chickens from being cooped up.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Kylra posted:

Oh well, one can dream.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It looks like someone repaired all the tents after I went to sleep last night. If that wasn't one of you, then we might need to make a temporary wall around the front tent to prevent that.

E: If that was one of you, do not repair anything in skybase except the crafting stations. There's a bunch of tents there from random pubbies we are trying to get out of the way so we can put our stuff down.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 15, 2015

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I won't be able to get on tonight due to some work stuff that is going on, sorry. I'll be on tomorrow though!

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Bring me up to speed on what's happened from last Wednesday onwards. Where are you all now?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Rafzakael posted:

I won't be able to get on tonight due to some work stuff that is going on, sorry. I'll be on tomorrow though!
I might place some stuff then to get things moving better. Going to see if we can dismantle other people's stuff that is inside territory, and if so I'll probably make that happen with what I can destroy for now.

wit posted:

Bring me up to speed on what's happened from last Wednesday onwards. Where are you all now?
South of the world tree on the map. SSE of it in actuality, on a ridge/plateau towards the weird area that has a lot of jutting plateaus in it. It's on the highest one in that corner.

Don't repair anything there except crafting stations or walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

So Kirche, the main person who was loving with our last base just came to visit us at the skybase on a diplomatic mission. I was not paying attention to the game, and when I came back, there was like 40 lines of text.
I wish this game saved text, because I cannot......I cannot even comprehend how hilariously serious this guy was.

Basically, they don't want us at the murderbase location, and as long as we stop repairing it, they will leave us alone forever.
We should definitely just let them go hog wild at the old base so we can continue to make amazing progress on crafting. Once we are prepared for real raiding, we know exactly who to start with.

I've never been so pumped to play this game.

• Locked thread