Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

Bah. What a silly thing to do, and I don't care it this is how you always play. It's either scummy, or a bad way to play.

So you are saying you are going to serious vote for someone who advocates no lynching on day one in every game he plays , even though it bears no relevance on his alignment at all?

That's actually pretty scummy to me...

##vote Chili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Gerald McSwain, Esq. is my attorney

Im an archaeologist , I just dabble in the lawyerly arts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I must note that in this my attorney does not speak for me!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What! He's falsely represented himself and now I'm liable. S.M.H.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

Also Chili, your wording DID appear to be referring to voting no lynch for the first two days.

Your contract was vaguely worded and open to interpretation.

Yes. The terms of my pact were worded poorly, but hey it ended up catching someone be either horrible or scummy!

CapitalistPig posted:

So you are saying you are going to serious vote for someone who advocates no lynching on day one in every game he plays , even though it bears no relevance on his alignment at all?

That's actually pretty scummy to me...

##vote Chili

How's that? He's either bad or scummy. Great place for a straight out of the gate vote.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chili posted:

How's that? He's either bad or scummy. Great place for a straight out of the gate vote.

you have no excuse voting for people who are "bad"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

mr.capps posted:

you have no excuse voting for people who are "bad"

:drat:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
1. Ad hom
2. We've only played in one game together, I think, and in that game I won (though it was a little touchy) as serial killer.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No I don't what your loving horns take that marketing out of mafia

god drat sponsored players
##vote chili

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Chili posted:

Bad does not equal scum

Taste , Literally, in every single game, tries to no lynch on D1, no matter what his alignment is.

I think pretty much everyone is past the point of harping on it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's more viable now that a great number of our games are hyper role madness. I don't think vanilla or small setups are a good place to no lynch d1.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

No I don't what your loving horns take that marketing out of mafia

god drat sponsored players
##vote chili

Cool, so nothing has changed for you then.

CapitalistPig posted:

Bad does not equal scum

Taste , Literally, in every single game, tries to no lynch on D1, no matter what his alignment is.

I think pretty much everyone is past the point of harping on it.

I am very aware that bad does not equal scum. However, scum would certainly be interesting in no lynches. Hence bad OR scum.

Granted, this is incredibly weak and stupid but it's a jumping off point. Nothing is happening at work for me, and I'm bored, I want some action.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Just write me off as nothing has changed Chili, go on ahead you are dead man walking today

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You are the lance armstrong of mafia

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I get where you're coming from with not wanting to lynch a power role, but doesn't no-lynching as a policy on day 1 just put town farther behind? If you accept a no-lynch day 1, then it quickly goes to night 1 and a townie is practically guaranteed to die. The town power roles have little to no information to work off of that night, and you start day 2 with almost the same info as day 1 only down a town player.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Winged Orpheus posted:

I get where you're coming from with not wanting to lynch a power role, but doesn't no-lynching as a policy on day 1 just put town farther behind? If you accept a no-lynch day 1, then it quickly goes to night 1 and a townie is practically guaranteed to die. The town power roles have little to no information to work off of that night, and you start day 2 with almost the same info as day 1 only down a town player.

It's probably not a viable strat in this game, but the idea is that in a role madness game you're better suited starting D2 with role results and one town dead rather than two off of a mislynch stemming from jokephase

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that is to say the "information cost" of a no-lynch isn't really that hard hitting in a RM setup

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Capps smells like scum here.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd lynch capps

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

You are the lance armstrong of mafia

What in the world could this possibly mean?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chili posted:

What in the world could this possibly mean?

you only have one ball

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

Capps smells like scum here.

you smell wrong

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I actually think Chili just doesn't know about taste here and am not really getting true scum vibes just townie who thinks they are doing the right thing by voting for someone for doing a thing they do in all games.

What I DON'T like is capps jumping on trying to get a thing going on chili.

##vote capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yes i do want chili to die great observation pig

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my favorite mafia posts are the ones that just state what has happened but they are like "this thing happen which ok, but this thing happened BAD"

its all tone no substance

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

mr.capps (2): Kleedrac, CapitalistPig
imgay (1): Puntification
Chili (1): CapitalistPig, mr.capps, CapitalistPig
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste
Tremendous Taste (1): Chili
Look Under The Rock (0): Chili, Chili
Kleedrac (0): Chili, Chili

Not Voting (7): Amnistar, imgay, Look Under The Rock, Somberbrero, uranus, Winged Orpheus, yuming

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 18th, 2015 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 11 hours.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
personally i don't blatantly ever try to manipulate emotions in mafia and i will not allow pig to take advantage of you my fellow mafia players

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Last game I was in with capps, if memory serves correctly, he shat post for nearly the entire game. Granted he was scum then, but who knows what any of that means. I get the vibe that he just finds himself hilarious.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

my favorite mafia posts are the ones that just state what has happened but they are like "this thing happen which ok, but this thing happened BAD"

Yeah... you just don't like making sense very much, do you?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Capps

This has nothing to do with Chili's posts, Capps is just pinging my gut.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

mr.capps posted:

Why are you being an idiot?

You jumped on chili with no justification or explanation except something dumb about horns.

It was an opportunistic vote that doesnt look good on you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

capps get it together

##vote cappo

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Capps

This has nothing to do with Chili's posts, Capps is just pinging my gut.

I'm still firmly undecided on capps, but I'm liking you for town at the moment.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

You jumped on chili with no justification or explanation except something dumb about horns.

is not opportunistic to vote for obvious scum

Chili posted:

i mean look at this loving post

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Based on what, voting the same person you're voting for different reasons?

CapitalistPig posted:

Weird + bad post. Pig is taking the game too seriously too early. Capps posts were obviously jokes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chili posted:

Granted he was scum then, but who knows what any of that means.

Chili posted:

Read the tone here people.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
He wants you guys to lead the way, but is pushing towards a certain direction with the subtlety of a very unsubtle person

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

He wants you guys to lead the way, but is pushing towards a certain direction with the subtlety of a very unsubtle person

If my gut is wrong and you flip town I promise I'll looking at Chili and Pig.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

Based on what, voting the same person you're voting for different reasons?

Weird + bad post. Pig is taking the game too seriously too early. Capps posts were obviously jokes.

Nah, I'm just , you know, actually trying to play the game. Thats why I'm limiting myself to just one game at a time now. I want to focus and see if I can not be a shitposter/mystery to all.

Basically my reasoning is that I thought it was bad of Chili to continue to vote Taste because of his no lynch thing, so I voted to put some pressure on.

Capps jumped onto that vote without explaining it and I thought that was scummier so I voted him.

I fail to see how its weird/bad just because I'm actually trying instead of shitposting.

Capps continues to say Chili is "Obvious Scum" but doesnt say why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

If my gut is wrong and you flip town I promise I'll looking at Chili and Pig.

Jumping the gun here aren't we?

• Locked thread