Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

I honestly would have preferred FF7 on 3DS or mobile over an HD remake for PS4, but okay.

:wtc: why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

I honestly would have preferred FF7 on 3DS or mobile over an HD remake for PS4, but okay. People begged for it, so here it is I guess.

ban

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gammatron 64 posted:

I honestly would have preferred FF7 on 3DS or mobile over an HD remake for PS4, but okay. People begged for it, so here it is I guess.

kill yourself

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

I was never obsessed with FF7 like a lot of people and never cared to get an HD remake ever and I like playing stuff on 3DS on the exercise bike and during business trips.

Although to be fair, if they were giving FF6 this treatment I would probably be insanely hype for this like you guys are. That will never happen though because Japan hates FF6.

Eat poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

derra posted:

FF12 on Vita please

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Is FF13-2 worth buying on the PC if I haven't played 13?

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

derra posted:

FF12 on Vita please

How about Neir 2 directed by Yoko Taro and developed by Platinum Games instead?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sunning posted:

Only if the music would be done be the same composer as before.

Edit: I've just seen the news, how in the Hell is this real, this is the best E3.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 16, 2015

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I'd also much rather get FF12 IZJS HD for PC\PS3\whatever over an FF7 remake.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yoko Taro must have dirt on someone because how the gently caress did this miracle happen.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

yeah, i've actually played ff7 recently and its just not really all that good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was never obsessed with FF7 like a lot of people and never cared to get an HD remake ever and I like playing stuff on 3DS on the exercise bike and during business trips.

PSP is like fiddy bucks on ebay, FF VII is ten bucks on the PSN, go nuts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

forbidden lesbian posted:

It's actually the best FF game. Noob.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

PSP is like fiddy bucks on ebay, FF VII is ten bucks on the PSN, go nuts.

I got a PSP once to play roms and PS1 games. The thumbstick broke. Haven't cared to get another. Never getting a vita. If I can't play FF7 on the go, it's not the end of the world.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
they're releasing ff7 on iOS they got you covered!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well yeah, but we're the weird broke-brain people who go against the tide. :shrug:

E: also World of Final Fantasy looks cute as hell

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sunning posted:

this is the best e3 ever

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Sunning posted:

I thought this was a joke. Wow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

forbidden lesbian posted:

I play FF7 every year and it's great.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I beat FF7 again late last year and I was really surprised how well it has held up despite looking like dogshit

Hearing this song just makes me want to play it all over again too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5zD7rhwPo

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Sometimes people say I'm kind of a contrarian but man I just like what I like and don't what I don't.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

purkey posted:

Is FF13-2 worth buying on the PC if I haven't played 13?

It wouldn't be even if you had

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Pierson posted:

Yoko Taro must have dirt on someone because how the gently caress did this miracle happen.

Yoichi Wada is a fan of Yoko Taro's games. A lot of people think of Wada as some suit who just cared about money but he enjoyed playing a variety of different games from different developers.

In an old interview, he said he funded Nier even though he knew it would be a cult hit at best. Even though he is no longer CEO, Wada has a close relationship with CEO Matsuda since the two of them go way back.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Awesome Welles posted:

I beat FF7 again late last year and I was really surprised how well it has held up despite looking like dogshit

Yeah, as the first 3D FF game, it's definitely the most in need of a graphical update. VIII and IX still look alright, anything on the PS2 wouldn't look too different with an HD version, and all the pixelly games still look pretty great, especially the SNES games.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Is this where I can be cautiously optimistic for Star Ocean 5 or no

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Sure, and I think it's ok to not be excited for the FF7 Remake. Now people will stop asking, it will... maybe? come out, and will piss off all of the same people who wanted it so badly because it wasn't exactly how they envisioned it.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 16, 2015

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Awesome Welles posted:

Hearing this song just makes me want to play it all over again too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5zD7rhwPo

FF7's score did a pretty great job at setting the mood and tone throughout the game. Just compare that to later games where the score very often doesn't reflect what is actually happening in the narrative. FF12 has you running around the world, rushing to stop an ambitious mass murderer from obtaining massive political power and committing various genocides, and the game is set mostly to...ambient background music, meant to facilitate grinding. FF13 had characters on the run from an oppressive government that kills its own citizens, and as you're escaping them you hear cheery high tempo music etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

FF7's score did a pretty great job at setting the mood and tone throughout the game. Just compare that to later games where the score very often doesn't reflect what is actually happening in the narrative. FF12 has you running around the world, rushing to stop an ambitious mass murderer from obtaining massive political power and committing various genocides, and the game is set mostly to...ambient background music, meant to facilitate grinding. FF13 had characters on the run from an oppressive government that kills its own citizens, and as you're escaping them you hear cheery high tempo music etc.

That's all true in 7 as well though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, I thought SE were going to double down on mobile poo poo, but they seem to have decided they can just do whatever they like thanks to the steady mobile revenue.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Man, I thought SE were going to double down on mobile poo poo, but they seem to have decided they can just do whatever they like thanks to the steady mobile revenue.

Turns out when creative people have the option to take risks without a failure potentially ending their company it's a lot more likely to happen! I'm so happy for mobile gaming now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To all the lame rear end Japanese normies playin FF clicker games on the subway: Thank you for Nier 2.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Wait a minute, there's really going to be a Nier 2? Why are people talking about FF7 then? Who gives a flying gently caress about FF7 in light of this news?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Wait a minute, there's really going to be a Nier 2? Why are people talking about FF7 then? Who gives a flying gently caress about FF7 in light of this news?

It's being developed by Platinum Games as well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

That's all true in 7 as well though.

I don't think so. It's been many years since I've played the game, but I don't recall tracks like this playing when Mako reactors were being bombed or any of the other more dramatic parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJvyi23xeU

In FF13 this plays while Vanille and Sazh are running away from the game's equivalents to Nazis. That isn't to say the track itself is poor, but the usage of it certainly is.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 16, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's being developed by Platinum Games as well.

When the FF7 remake came out I was tepid on it.

The second I heard this news I messaged my friend just so the two of us could incoherently scream about it.

This has been a good week.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Because not everyone is a hipster basement dweller

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I guess those fears SE were going to do a Konami and go all-in on mobile development can be put to rest; they're put out a really solid, confident presentation of games. WoFF even looks like it's tailor made to get mobile playing casuals interested in the core console games

Looks like I'm going to have to get hold of Nier 1 now, somehow

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Looks like I'm going to have to get hold of Nier 1 now, somehow

Eh, it's still $20 used at gamestop right now so you have some options.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yoko Taro got what he deserves at last.

This is the best thing.

Quoting his Wikipedia page to celebrate.

quote:

During his youth, he experienced an incident that would influence his later work as a scenario writer: while in a shopping street with a group of friends, one of them who was walking along a high building roof slipped and died from the fall. The scene as Yoko remembered it was initially "horrifying", but in hindsight he saw humorous elements as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am glad Yoko Taro will finally have a game that both plays well and doesn't run like loving rear end besides NIER.