Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

stinch posted:

yeah, read that and bear in mind that forex is like 5 trillion per day. that's just exchanges between currencies forgetting all the exchanges within a currency.

the idea of every transaction ever in the block chain has to be the least workable idea ever. honestly mankind trying to populate other planets by having us all stand on each other's shoulders until we reach the nearest one is more workable.

but it's so obvious that transactions should be processed not by dedicated server architecture, but by custom chips using four nines of their power trying to guess random numbers and that my transaction of buying fake raybans from china ought to be recorded and I won by all for all human history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol, r/buttcoin thread title: "Theymos finally loses the support of the Bitcoin community. Was it his mismanagement of donations? Was it the laughable security of his forum? No, it was him describing the block size increase debate as 'contentious'. (np.reddit.com)"

http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3a1hmz/if_you_label_any_new_thing_as_contentious_before/

quote:

[–]AnalyzerX7 5 points 5 hours ago

The word was certainly used a lot.

[–]hellobitcoinworld[S] 2 points 4 hours ago

Yeah to freakish extremes. By the time you're done reading it, it's like the word is burnt into your mind and you can't help but use it.

quote:

[–]hellobitcoinworld[S] 3 points 6 hours ago

You just chose sides, Theymos. That was a very bad move. You abused your power and ceased being a-political. Bitcoin.org should not be taking sides.

Remember when Theymos only abused his power by keeping webmaster butts for himself

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

lol, r/buttcoin thread title: "Theymos finally loses the support of the Bitcoin community. Was it his mismanagement of donations? Was it the laughable security of his forum? No, it was him describing the block size increase debate as 'contentious'. (np.reddit.com)"

http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3a1hmz/if_you_label_any_new_thing_as_contentious_before/

Remember when Theymos only abused his power by keeping webmaster butts for himself

you misspelled "thermos" hth hand

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Alan Smithee posted:

*realizes he's in worse shape than the guy's after pics* :ohdear:

for what its worth, in a post that has since been deleted, he commented that the overdose in combination with his steroid use/abuse resulted in a reduction-to-zero level of testosterone and liver failure, which led to ascites.

so, assuming that's true, what you don't see in his after picture is that below the neck, he looks something like this. :geno:

which is a shame since, gear aside, that before pic :eyepop:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tipps posted:

for what its worth, in a post that has since been deleted, he commented that the overdose in combination with his steroid use/abuse resulted in a reduction-to-zero level of testosterone and liver failure, which led to ascites.

so, assuming that's true, what you don't see in his after picture is that below the neck, he looks something like this. :geno:

:stare: what, what is happening

is this the tumblr they speak of

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Tipps posted:

why does he have a second wiener growing out of his stomach

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mr. Apollo posted:

why does he have a second wiener growing out of his stomach
well where else is your second wiener supposed to grow out of, hmm?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
not totally bitcoin-related, more of a side-chain of laffs:

With Eye on Fiscal Armageddon, Texas Set to 'Repatriate' Its Gold To New Texas Fort Knox

quote:

The law Abbott signed calls for the creation of an electronic payments system that will allow gold, silver, platinum, palladium, and rhodium depositors to write checks against their accounts, making the depository into a bank – one that will create a metal-backed money supply intended to challenge the paper currency issued by the Federal Reserve - or "Yankee dollars" as one of the law's top supporters calls them.

In what Capriglione – the depository bill’s sponsor – called “an easy to read summary of the specifics” of the law, a Tea Party site described the depository as a “game changer.” The author of the piece, a metals dealer named Franklin Sanders, wrote that “since at least 1991 I have firmly believed that whenever an electronic payments system could be established using silver & gold, it could supplant fiat currencies worldwide within two years at most, less time given a crisis. Now Texas steps forward to make it stick. And if Texas has the nerve to carry though, it will make Texas a center of world finance to rival New York and London better than Switzerland, because it contains 27,695,284 Texans and all but two of ‘em are armed & serious.” (Sanders favors the term “Yankee dollars” to describe paper currency.)

seriously just read the whole drat thing

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rhodium.

Rhodesia.

Rhodes scholars.

What does it mean?!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FAUXTON posted:

I know I wouldn't charge someone to quote my posts, there's nothing of value there.
well yeah that's why you charge bitcoins

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Chris Knight posted:

With Eye on Fiscal Armageddon, Texas Set to 'Repatriate' Its Gold To New Texas Fort Knox

pro click

also I would laugh myself silly if the nonexistent gold was boosted on its way to texas

no chargebacks, bithc!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

civil war 2: electric boogaloo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
texas is sitting on an ocean of oil, natural gas, and (increasingly) wind and solar power. it hosts one of the worlds largest refinery complexes and shipping ports, plus military bases, three large cities, agriculture, manufacturing, and tourism

but if the us fell apart none of that would mean anything unless texas also had a basement full of shiny rocks buried somewhere under austin

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

atomicthumbs posted:

im persecuted lawyer computerstomper58. i first started hearing broadcasts from the worldwide communist gangster computer god when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “the communist parroting puppet gangster scum-on-top” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “computer god sealed robot operating cabinet” and “i’ll give it to you to suck! finish him!!” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing assassins in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on gangster government eyesight tv gngster spy cameras. i always wondered what the kind of “felonious” style of sneak shameless hangman rope gangster government was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who get this letter to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to being in worldwide living death frankenstein slavery. peace.

Thanks, googled, saw links I'd visited before, bookmarked this time. But the crazy Francis E. Dec flyer was actually better laid out than I remembered, at least compared to the lovely job from that bitcoiner "graphic designer".

FMguru posted:

texas is sitting on an ocean of oil

No wonder Obama is invading it :gop:

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

i learned the true meaning of the american dream when i heard a guy watching to tedx talks on his phone whilst making GBS threads in a home depot bathroom.

Tipps posted:

kuato lives, but how can there be total recall if there are no chargebacks?!

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

underground storage facilities for data centers who can make space available” for gold

This sounds risky. I know jet fuel can't melt steel beams, but can buttcoin miners melt gold bars?

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Weatherman posted:

pro click

also I would laugh myself silly if the nonexistent gold was boosted on its way to texas

no chargebacks, bithc!

i would watch this heist movie

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

cool biRd pics posted:

i cant remember if i saw the events leading up to this exchange posted itt but i think they were vaguely coiner?

either way this is the more recent development

found the original post

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/39dm4g/cut_5mapb_almost_killed_my_fianc%C3%A9_and_i/

and this in the comments:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The best part is he didn't want to damage his rep.very next thread the gloves are off

They both sound like shitmongers

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Alan Smithee posted:

The best part is he didn't want to damage his rep.very next thread the gloves are off

he can't help that his arms withered away

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Tipps posted:

quote:

Ascitic fluid can accumulate as a transudate or an exudate. Amounts of up to 35 liters are possible.

:stonkhat:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boxturret posted:

he can't help that his arms withered away

all about arm reduction

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Splicer posted:

arm reduction

fully armed and operational

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

he skipped arm day

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

duTrieux. posted:

he skipped arm day

That's because he was busy trying to go all murder-suicide with his girlfriend.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
i live in texas and yes the state is a loving joke, even austin is poo poo now

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Stanley Pain posted:

lol if you can't cover $100k in medical bills incurred by your own stupidity
living in a country without humane healthcare policies does seem p. stupid but tbf for the millions of people born into america's third world ghettos it's hardly a choice

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

quote:

At today's rate ($1,178 a troy ounce) [a billion theoretical Texan dollars] is a little over 53,000 pounds of gold.

Or, to put it another way, a cube that is just under 3.5 feet on a side.

Just doesn't seem to be all that impressive when you get down to it.

As to it's transportability, a legal tractor trailer can weigh, at a minimum, 44,000 pounds. So two not so big pallets (standard 40" x 48" pallet stacked 19" high) on two short 18 wheelers could easily cart off all of "Texas' gold". Now the loading might or might not be quick. And the cost of the facility to hold it, built to today's standards, would be huge (today's vaults don't even allow people into them).

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what would happen if somebody broke into the texas gold vault with a sufficiently powerful neutron source to transmute all of the gold

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

with regards to the gold, i know what would happen to the guy

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

what would happen if somebody broke into the texas gold vault with a sufficiently powerful neutron source to transmute all of the gold

wouldn't that require an awful lot of energy

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

minivanmegafun posted:

wouldn't that require an awful lot of energy

GEDANKENVERSUCH

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

iirc Texas doesn't even have a billion in gold he's just making poo poo up because he is the avatar of texanness

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
why are they worried about what those fascist statists say is a legal load limit

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
bitcointalk users defend the kid who tried to teach ISIS how to launder money through butts:

"thoughtcrime"

first they came for the jihadists, and i said nothing
then they came for the libertarians, who were somehow next in line
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/1gO3VQ7.png)

terror.jpg

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/hbRgIiU.png)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
TRAFFIC TICKETS ARE JUST LIKE BEHEADINGS

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Remember when the Boston PD laid siege against an entire religious community and surrounded them on a mountain to starve/dehydrate?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

(Libertarians wish they were white ISIS cuz they wanna rape Yazidi girls)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
The government is nicer to ISIS recruiters than it is to ross and bitcoiners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
We are whole BTC family strongly protest for his human rights and how soon as possible to free him.

• Locked thread