Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

centaurtainment posted:

Is that the point of the whole Dornish prince getting his rear end roasted story?

I thought it was that you need a motherfucking horn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
A non-Targaryen will just ride the one that Bran mind controls.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

centaurtainment posted:

I always assumed Tyrion would be a dragon rider alongside Dany and Jon, but do you have to be Targaryan to ride one? Is that the point of the whole Dornish prince getting his rear end roasted story?

there is no point to that story

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
You don't need to be a Targaryen to ride a dragon. Tons of different Valyrian families rode them before the Doom. To ride a dragon you have to actually know how to control them, just like riding any other animal. It just so happens that virtually no one living knows how to control dragons effectively. The only reason Dany was able to ride Drogon is because she's his mom. If anybody else had tried to ride him they would have gotten the Quentyn treatment (an in the book even Dany got a bit singed in the attempted).

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Does oberyn have any more sons to toss to dany's dragons or did that scene basically take a huge wet day long poo poo on the AFFC dorne chapters? Because I liked them before Quentin got burnt to poo poo.

I'm re-reading GoT right now and even though I feel it might have been explicitly stated later I can't believe renly was in on the whole deposing the queen thing. He's asking for ned to give the go-ahead on margery as a lyanna look-alike to present to king robert. If Renly's last words are "man I wish robert would have lived to exchange cersei for margery" I'm going to feel dumb as poo poo.

How exactly do you fight in a melee with a warhammer? All the swords get blunted, the lances get notched so they splinter. How do you make a giant iron brick on a stick safe for a tournament? Wrap it in pillows?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 17, 2015

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Oberyn has a bunch of bastard daughters. Doran Martell has 3 trueborn children, Arianne, Quentyn and Trystane. So he still has one son to feed to the dragons though in the show he's apparently feeding him to the lions.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

A Major Fucker posted:

what do you all think of daario = euron?

Season 6 casting call has disproven this, unless the show actually chooses to stick with Victarion and cut out Euron.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

CaptainRightful posted:

Season 6 casting call has disproven this, unless the show actually chooses to stick with Victarion and cut out Euron.

...or the theory is true and they cast victarion to be alongside euron, who obviously is already cast as daario? It's still silly but the casting doesn't really tell us anything.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

centaurtainment posted:

I always assumed Tyrion would be a dragon rider alongside Dany and Jon, but do you have to be Targaryan to ride one? Is that the point of the whole Dornish prince getting his rear end roasted story?

The Martells are descended from the first Daenerys. One of the main points of the Quentyn story is how Doran should have known that he wasn't really cut out for his adventure, and his death is one of the tragedies that Doran will inflict on himself in the name of revenge.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

No Pants posted:

The Martells are descended from the first Daenerys. One of the main points of the Quentyn story is how Doran should have known that he wasn't really cut out for his adventure, and his death is one of the tragedies that Doran will inflict on himself in the name of revenge.

First Danerys?

They were matrilineal, sounds kind of jewy

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

do people really think daario = euron or is it just a "joke"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Quentyn was taming one of the dragons, it's just the other one surprised him

this_is_hard posted:

It started off as a joke, it spread, then I think some people missed the fact that it wasn't being said seriously and started looking through the text for "clues"

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Krinkle posted:

How exactly do you fight in a melee with a warhammer? All the swords get blunted, the lances get notched so they splinter. How do you make a giant iron brick on a stick safe for a tournament? Wrap it in pillows?

I know they had tournament maces that weighed a lot less than normal war ones so they probably had something similar for warhammers.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Made of rubber.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

centaurtainment posted:

Even Drogon is hostile towards Dany in the books and she basically has to beat him and assert her control over him otherwise he probably would've killed her in the arena, mother or not.

this_is_hard posted:

There are people who think Varys is a loving merman because of a single comment he makes when someone talks about trying to throw him overboard while on a ship.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

There are people who think Varys is a loving merman because of a single comment he makes when someone talks about trying to throw him overboard while on a ship.

The evidence is overwhelming. Varys is a far more realistic claim than Ned is dead, and them's the facts.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

centaurtainment posted:

Also, cuz I haven't seen it in this thread yet, my favorite picture of GRRM:

Man grrm is all like finally my nerd hobbies gets me laid

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CaptainRightful posted:

why would they have euron but not victarion

if d=e the really cool way to keep it secret would be only showing euron in vic flashbacks where his face is obscured or turned to illustrate how victarion thinks of him. but d&d are nowhere near creative or daring enough for that

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

There's some new lore video about the north which got me wondering. Why would the mouth of a major river just be totally open to be settled by the Manderlys? You'd think someone would have that place all staked out thousands of years before.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
People did. The Manderlys earned it for their loyalty.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

this_is_hard posted:

Same people who believe Jaqen is Syrio. Humans are naturally loving desperate to make the pieces of their fictions as connected as possible no matter the costs. Religion could be argued to this end.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Jaquen is Syrio, though. Euron isn't crow's eye. What a silly thing to conflate the two ideas.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

this_is_hard posted:

It's one of two or three things really. Either its true and there is bullshit ship magic, combined with and/or GRRM decided far too late that it was true, and/or GRRM isnt creative enough to come up with too many unique characters and just writes the same "cool guy" character for Dany's potential husband so they seem almost identical when you analyze it (he didnt analyze his own work for sure), and/or all of the above.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Wait, Dario has a beard and Euro hasn't, how does that work?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Euron has blue lips and I think dany has some kind of beef with people with blue lips? Like if she saw someone with blue lips she would definitely not want to smooch on that person. I think if Dany saw blue lips she would mention it like "hey what's with the blue lips? The last guys I met with blue lips tried to murder me in a hell dimension and then threw a fit when I beat up some ghosts and swore they'd kill me. Are you affiliated with those blue lipped people?"

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Maybe D&D can add him into the show later, have it be two different characters BUT never show them in the same place AND have both played by the same actor JUST to gently caress with people (no one in the show world actually notices, except maybe Tyrion points out randomly that they do look alike and then breaks 4th wall and winks at the camera.)

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Working on a fanfic at the moment where in a threesome Dany compares their cocks and once and for all confirms that they are different people. As to who's cock is the biggest? Well, in the fanfic it's Dany's, but I dont want to give too much away.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Krinkle posted:

Euron has blue lips and I think dany has some kind of beef with people with blue lips? Like if she saw someone with blue lips she would definitely not want to smooch on that person. I think if Dany saw blue lips she would mention it like "hey what's with the blue lips? The last guys I met with blue lips tried to murder me in a hell dimension and then threw a fit when I beat up some ghosts and swore they'd kill me. Are you affiliated with those blue lipped people?"

I see, you're saying Euron as Dario has a blue beard to hide his blue lips?

But maybe it's the other way around and Euron has blue lips from when he dyes his beard blue when dressing up as Dario!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Doesn't book Daario have blue hair? Close enough.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

HookShot posted:

Doesn't book Daario have blue hair? Close enough.

If I remember correctly he has a blue forked beard with the prongs dyed golden, which the show can gently caress itself for for not adapting.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Working on a fanfic at the moment where in a threesome Dany compares their cocks and once and for all confirms that they are different people. As to who's cock is the biggest? Well, in the fanfic it's Dany's, but I dont want to give too much away.

Dude...that's loving funny.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

If I remember correctly he has a blue forked beard with the prongs dyed golden, which the show can gently caress itself for for not adapting.

Then maybe the blue lips are actually his beard and the prongs aren't dyed at all but that's his natural colour!!!!!!

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
It'd be pretty hilarious if GRRM gave D&D a fake outline, so he could say later "wow, look how bad they hosed it up, gently caress everyone who doesn't read my books"
So of course he'll be dead before any new books come out.
And D&D will finish the books off of the fake outline.
With help from Kevin Anderson.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
sometimes I hope nobodies a secret anything

except maybe jon (who it turns out is perma-dead), whose special magic dragon blood never gets agknowlaged until Littlefinger or Varys just drops offhand "oh, the so-called bastard was almost certainly the child of rhaegar for reasons, but nobody would have followed a celibate rapist-leader named snow, even if he wasn't a rotting corpse - blood's not magic and you clearly have not been paying attention to this realpolitik poo poo motherfucker."

then the spooky snow baddies kill everyone and prove to be those dust floater things in the eye of Mucumba, but on the show it's GRRMs eye and also they kill by rape

centaurtainment
Jun 16, 2015

Kulkasha posted:

So of course he'll be dead before any new books come out.

I don't know what you're talking about, Martin loves writing Game of Thrones books!

http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Seven-Kingdoms-Song-Fire-ebook/dp/B00S3R6HAE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434639537&sr=8-2&keywords=george+rr+martin

http://www.amazon.com/World-Ice-Fire-History-Westeros/dp/0553805444/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434639537&sr=8-3&keywords=george+rr+martin

http://www.amazon.com/Hedge-Knight-Graphic-Novel-Thrones/dp/1477849106/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1434639537&sr=8-7&keywords=george+rr+martin

http://www.amazon.com/Sworn-Sword-Graphic-Novel-Thrones/dp/1477849297/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1434639537&sr=8-13&keywords=george+rr+martin

Just not Winds of Winter or A Dream of Spring.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope GRRM is secretly thin, talented and not a paedophile.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aurain posted:

I hope GRRM is secretly thin, talented and not a paedophile.

"Wow, I can't believe you idiots read this crap"

- swarthy and handsome Jorge Martinez stepping out of his GRRM fatsuit

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Kulkasha posted:

It'd be pretty hilarious if GRRM gave D&D a fake outline, so he could say later "wow, look how bad they hosed it up, gently caress everyone who doesn't read my books"

I've been thinking if this could possibly be true for the last 3 episodes of the season, because so many plotlines seem to take a drastically different turn than in the books. Of course, if it were true, it probably wouldn't be good for the fans, because if TWOW finally comes out (in 2 years, or 5), we discover that holy gently caress, this is actually not bad compared to the TV series and then everyone is desperately waiting for the resolution to the great opus... and then he just dies. I mean there is no way he will live enough to write the remaining two books.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

That's what's hosed up, before this season I was thrilled to watch more. We're getting new content! Sansa's already finished her book arc and there's no way they'll just leave the battles of Mereen and Winterfell as cliffhangers, we might get some cool new stuff! gently caress the Gurm, I was ready to ignore the books and just enjoy the show.

Then this season came out and it was the worst poo poo I've ever watched willingly. Now I'm back to hoping George will finish the drat book before season 6, even though that's just gonna move the goalposts and it won't give me any real closure :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Elman posted:

That's what's hosed up, before this season I was thrilled to watch more. We're getting new content! Sansa's already finished her book arc and there's no way they'll just leave the battles of Mereen and Winterfell as cliffhangers, we might get some cool new stuff! gently caress the Gurm, I was ready to ignore the books and just enjoy the show.

Then this season came out and it was the worst poo poo I've ever watched willingly. Now I'm back to hoping George will finish the drat book before season 6, even though that's just gonna move the goalposts and it won't give me any real closure :negative:

They've left enough book chapters out that they're probably going to re-introduce those filler chapters, at least based on the current casting calls. Season 6 might not introduce much of anything. A whole season of Craster's Keep quests.