Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Got my baby polished and waxed up. Sexy times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Finally got the old dear into my garage. Time to get it all working again.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Granted the E39 is basically a compact by today's standards, the size difference never ceases to amuse me.

She's a big girl, but it's no secret where the corners are.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Washed, clayed, and waxed my Altima, and I figured I'd post a picture.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Looks $40k good.

:v:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Timmy Cruise posted:

Looks $40k good.

:v:

Igtr

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Added the front brush guard last week, and today I put a spare tire that had with no wheel inside on the roof because I am a poser and like the "off road" look.

edit: Its rollover protection. Don't need to offroad to flip this thing. :v:

Cage fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 28, 2015

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Crossposting from what did you do today.

I bought this. My wife and I have purchased a couple rentals/flips so this is going to be our do-everything vehicle and I can stop trying to ruin her forester and my bmw by stuffing it full of concrete, gravel, and pavers.

1993 Nissan D21 2.4L 5 speed manual 4WD.

The paint is obviously in poor condition but I'm thinking of running it over with a buffer and sealing it with some clear coat to preserve its weathered look. I'm going to a pick and pull today to see what kind of fun stuff I can find for it.

ThirstyBuck fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 30, 2015

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Hard bodies are the bees. Lood looking truck. LSD in the rear?

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Mcqueen posted:

Hard bodies are the bees. Lood looking truck. LSD in the rear?

I don't think so; those only came in the sport models and this one is a stripper base eco trim. But I also haven't run the VIN or jacked up the rear end to check.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
Took this home last week - had to show it off

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Cage posted:

Added the front brush guard last week, and today I put a spare tire that had with no wheel inside on the roof because I am a poser and like the "off road" look.

edit: Its rollover protection. Don't need to offroad to flip this thing. :v:

I don't understand, does the vehicle not have a spare tire, or you're hoping you'll be able to dismount and mount a new tire on your wheel in case of a flat, or you literally have a "vanity tire" just sitting on your roof for no reason? If it flipped wouldn't that just cave in the center of the roof?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

davebo posted:

I don't understand, does the vehicle not have a spare tire, or you're hoping you'll be able to dismount and mount a new tire on your wheel in case of a flat, or you literally have a "vanity tire" just sitting on your roof for no reason? If it flipped wouldn't that just cave in the center of the roof?
-Bought used with no spare
-No
-Yes, no reason
-Jokes

The tire has been kicking around in the back ever since I bought it and haven't felt like bringing it to a junkyard. I am going for the safari look. You'll notice I already called myself a poser, too.

Next step: jerry can mount on the back.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 30, 2015

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I hate to break it to you dude but the only people I see around here with a spare ratchet strapped on the roof are the beatermobile with a broke rear end highschooler at the wheel sort. Put that poo poo in the trunk or buy/make a rear bumper with a tire carrier :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'd rather do stuff that I like than do stuff you like, sorry. :shrug:

Who said it wasn't a beater? I keep it around for the winter. Beaters are for doing whatever the hell you want to them.

edit: like this

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 30, 2015

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Went to MOTOBLOT (vintage bikes/cars) this weekend. My ride fit through the motorbike photo booth. :laffo:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Cage posted:

Who said it wasn't a beater? I keep it around for the winter. Beaters are for doing whatever the hell you want to them.

Fair enough, do as you will, just my impression of the local crowd you're emulating. May or may not be accurate in your area, and it's your ride so it's your call!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cage posted:

Why are the tires so tiny! It looks like a donk that had the dubzzzzz repo'd.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

veedubfreak posted:

Why are the tires so tiny! It looks like a donk that had the dubzzzzz repo'd.
They were used previously on a mustang, when I bought the truck the tires were mismatched so I put those on there so I wouldn't screw up the trans until I bought new tires.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

Tamir Lenk posted:

Went to MOTOBLOT (vintage bikes/cars) this weekend. My ride fit through the motorbike photo booth. :laffo:

the rear track looks stupid wide, you don't have anything exotic in the back, do you?

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Jefinabox posted:

the rear track looks stupid wide, you don't have anything exotic in the back, do you?

Nah. The wider tires require spacers for clearance in back, and the PO may have gone a bit overboard on them.

Edit: I think the camera angle or something may be exaggerating them though, they don't usually look that spread out IRL.

Edit2: Here is another pic that better shows the flared rear

Tamir Lenk fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 1, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

drat, that's a fine Mini.

DCharger70
Jun 4, 2003

2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8. Terrible on gas but a lot of fun to drive!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I only saw one of those before in person, but drat did it sound good. Nice ride!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Well unfortunately our beloved Explorer needed a bunch of A/C repair work done to the tune of a compressor, clutch fan, lines, etc. but fortunately, it came at a time when we were looking for a replacement anyway. So we decided to go down to the Ford dealer and drive a few used and new F-150s after the wife decided she didn't like the new Colorados all that much after all and the Silverados we saw in our price range were all fairly stripped out, with the dealers locally not offering great deals.

All I have are pictures I took at the dealership, but since getting it home I have taken the stupid front plate and bracket off. I wish it didn't have chrome wheels, but so be it. The dealers have crazy incentives going on right now, and we got it for $9k under MSRP with all the cash back offers. 2015 F-150 XLT with the FX4 "off-road" package. It's the biggest vehicle I've ever owned, but I am surprised at how well it handles and how easy it is to back into parking spots in the parking garage at work. The 5.0 is also powerful enough to scoot this monster with surprising gusto.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jul 3, 2015

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

Tamir Lenk posted:

Nah. The wider tires require spacers for clearance in back, and the PO may have gone a bit overboard on them.

Edit: I think the camera angle or something may be exaggerating them though, they don't usually look that spread out IRL.

Edit2: Here is another pic that better shows the flared rear

I'm so jealous of the little monster truck look, over here you're not allowed to have any tyre poking out from the bodywork so you end up with huge arches like on mine.

I had a blowout in my mini van while picking up some 7" x 10" split rims so used a split rim as the spare to get me home. The police were not amused and it took all my persuading to avoid a fine and points on my license.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Well unfortunately our beloved Explorer needed a bunch of A/C repair work done to the tune of a compressor, clutch fan, lines, etc. but fortunately, it came at a time when we were looking for a replacement anyway. So we decided to go down to the Ford dealer and drive a few used and new F-150s after the wife decided she didn't like the new Colorados all that much after all and the Silverados we saw in our price range were all fairly stripped out, with the dealers locally not offering great deals.

All I have are pictures I took at the dealership, but since getting it home I have taken the stupid front plate and bracket off. I wish it didn't have chrome wheels, but so be it. The dealers have crazy incentives going on right now, and we got it for $9k under MSRP with all the cash back offers. 2015 F-150 XLT with the FX4 "off-road" package. It's the biggest vehicle I've ever owned, but I am surprised at how well it handles and how easy it is to back into parking spots in the parking garage at work. The 5.0 is also powerful enough to scoot this monster with surprising gusto.
Good poo poo. I'm coming to like those more and frankly I'd be most likely to get one with the V8 also, just because it's a simpler and more well-established design, and also because I have low standards for fuel economy - with the 94 Suburban I used to have, I'd be getting MPGs in the low teens and drop $125 on a tank of gas and not even blink. That tinfoil bodywork you've got is gonna do some magic for your fuel economy, no doubt.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 3, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Do a burnout.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This is a great looking truck, but I loving hate the chrome wheel fetish that Ford has. Just :barf:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cage posted:

Do a burnout.

I was expecting this after the tcs tbh!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Friar Zucchini posted:

Good poo poo. I'm coming to like those more and frankly I'd be most likely to get one with the V8 also, just because it's a simpler and more well-established design, and also because I have low standards for fuel economy - with the 94 Suburban I used to have, I'd be getting MPGs in the low teens and drop $125 on a tank of gas and not even blink. That tinfoil bodywork you've got is gonna do some magic for your fuel economy, no doubt.

The 5.0 isn't even that thirsty. It's not much worse than the 3.5 ecoboost, and for 2015 it got a 35hp bump so now the 5.0 makes 385hp/387tq. Being like 750lb lighter than the previous year's model will assuredly help with economy, and it definitely makes the truck feel more nimble in driving. I also don't like the chrome wheels, and I've already said that I want to get some grey or black wheels.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Um hello SHINY AND CHROME

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The 5.0 isn't even that thirsty. It's not much worse than the 3.5 ecoboost, and for 2015 it got a 35hp bump so now the 5.0 makes 385hp/387tq.

God drat, that's way less power and torque than the Mustang 5.0. I guess it's just detuned to run on regular?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Enourmo posted:

God drat, that's way less power and torque than the Mustang 5.0. I guess it's just detuned to run on regular?

Yeah, you can run cheap poo poo gas in it. It makes about 25hp less than the last Raptor while weighing about 1,200lb less (according to Ford the previous Raptor had a 6,203lb curb weight!) which makes it pretty lively for a truck. I bet you can get a tune/intake/exhaust to put the power numbers on par with the Mustang no problem.

go3 posted:

Um hello SHINY AND CHROME

STAINED WITH GLORY!
By the gods, I worship Him, V8!

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 4, 2015

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Yeah, you can run cheap poo poo gas in it. It makes about 25hp less than the last Raptor while weighing about 1,200lb less (according to Ford the previous Raptor had a 6,203lb curb weight!) which makes it pretty lively for a truck. I bet you can get a tune/intake/exhaust to put the power numbers on par with the Mustang no problem.

STAINED WITH GLORY!
By the gods, I worship Him, V8!

Did someone say V8? Do you like them underpowered? Why, I've got two! 1998 Dodge Ram (5.2l) and 1977 Chevy Monte Carlo (350 SBC). They get the same MPG, despite the Dodge having overdrive. The Dodge carried me 5000+ miles from Florida to Washington on the old highways *after rebuilding the transmission*. It's up for sale now, I need it gone. The Monte Carlo is my main car now, and unlike the Dodge is comfortable, has a good sound system, and working AC. And the trunk can fit all the tools I need, too. The other day my coworker and I fit a table-saw, chop-saw, air compressor, tool bag, tool bucket, two hoses and a water jug in there. This may be my new favorite car. Has a little cancer and is slow as all hell, but it is a great ride. And, surprisingly, holds the road pretty good around corners for a late 70's luxo-barge. All of which is great, as I've been driving it 85 miles a day or so round trip for work.

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 4, 2015

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

Makes me smile, every time.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jediguy posted:

That's a gorgeous car.

Excuse the ignorant/American question since we don't get Renaults here, more info about it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jediguy posted:

That made me pop a chub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

It's a Red Bull Racing special edition of the Renaultsport Megane RS265 (RBR were doing well then) . It's basically a regular RS265 with all the options ticked plus special paint and Bridgestone Potenzas which cost more to replace. If you don't know much about the RS265 here is R&T driving one and regretting not being able to buy one in the States:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a4831/forbidden-fruit-megane-renaultsport-265/

I cross shopped it with a Focus ST, Golf GTI and Golf R which all came across as a bit... boring? All the reviews I'd read spoke in revered tones about driving the RS265 and after a test drive I was hooked. The RS265 is considerably rawer on the road than most other cars in the segment - the ride is pretty uncompromising but the chassis composure and handling more than make up for it. As much as it gives me the shits in traffic jams I wouldn't trade it for anything. On a twisty mountain road I reckon it would take anything south of a 911 (is my somewhat biased opinion).