Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Suikoden 3 coming out this Tuesday.

e: Also this game looks kind of neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sat6lSkSnPw

al-azad fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

al-azad posted:

Sex with Telltale models has to be the most horrifying thing any person could imagine.

i'm sure source filmmaker has made this a reality

Wendell
May 11, 2003

al-azad posted:

Kind of neat? That game looks neat as heck.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chaos rings 3 is actually pretty good. here's a weird-rear end fish monster

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

I've heard nothing but mediocre things about that game. Like Mind Zero mediocre pretty much.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
but is knights of xentar a good game worth playing is the question

i keep thinking about playing my old ps2 rpgs and drinking beer for this entire week to celebrate the year of the rpg that we have ahead of us. but everytime i think about playing suikoden v i get upset at the first 2 hours

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anytime i think about playing suikoden v i get upset at the middle 60 hours

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im of the opinion that suikoden v is extremely boring and soulless and not even as good as 3

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
That opinion is the opposite of my opinion

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

that opinion is not the opposite of my opinion, but it's not my opinion either

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
3 is my favorite Suikoden and while I would not make the claim that it's the only actually good Suikoden on the basis of an earnestly-held belief, I will make that claim to be provocative.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there are a lot of criticisms you can lobby at suikoden v but 'soulless' isn't really one of them

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

actually it is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually it isn't

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that's where your wrong

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I want to like Baten Kaitos, but it is really very slow.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Wendell posted:

I want to like Baten Kaitos, but it is really very slow.

I felt the same way about Lost Kingdoms, one of the few From Software titles I absolutely cannot get into.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
One of the Lost Kingdoms games is real good and the other is real bad but I can't remember which is which atm.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Lost Kingdoms is like half an hour long though???

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Million Ghosts posted:

One of the Lost Kingdoms games is real good and the other is real bad but I can't remember which is which atm.

LK2 is the good one.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Nakar posted:

3 is my favorite Suikoden and while I would not make the claim that it's the only actually good Suikoden on the basis of an earnestly-held belief, I will make that claim to be provocative.

While I may not agree with what you say sir I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.

Actually, the only correct opinion regarding Suikoden is "they're all pretty good except IV and who cares about the handheld spinoffs."

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
suikoden 4 killed my family and said that no one would ever believe me.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I honestly don't know what the hell they were thinking with Suikoden IV. At least III was experimental and tried new things, some worked and some didn't work and Suikoden V is pretty much Suikoden II but in 3D and a much slower opening before the game opens up. I honestly wonder if Suikoden Tactics was meant to be the second half of Suikoden IV but a short production time and/or budget meant it had to be split into two games, because Tactics does a lot more with the setting than IV itself does.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It has always seemed to me that Suikoden IV was attempting to recreate Suikoden 1, which was a bad idea.

IV is very bad but it has Mitsuba, and I like Mitsuba!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anything for Dragon Quest IX...I aint ever played a DQ before besides like 20mins of 8.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Be prepared to grind a whole loving lot if you want all the jobs

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I actually don't know how to recommend anything in DQ9 for a grindless playthrough of the game, even though I'm quite certain it's not that hard. I guess just a general balanced party?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Suikoden V is pretty much Suikoden II but in 3D and a much slower opening before the game opens up.

i've heard this repeated many times and I don't get it. is it because people like both II and V. they're very different as far as theming/pacing/writing/everything except pushing the autobattle button goes.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
They're the good ones

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ff7 is ff6 but 3d

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
II and V are definitely the ones I enjoyed the most. The first one was mostly fine though, just a bit dated and rough around the edges.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Suikoden 3's intro video is loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcaFpp9N_w

The other games have good intros too, including the Suikogaiden games. V has is the only one that has a boring intro!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

Suikoden 3 coming out this Tuesday.

ya this looks pretty neat. gonna execute all the traitors :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
V's intro is weird because it flat out lies to you about character hair colors and IIRC shows events that never actually happen in the game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product_info.php?products_id=77775&it=1

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i liked suikoden 3 alot and geddoe is a cool protagonist.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Nate RFB posted:

V's intro is weird because it flat out lies to you about character hair colors and IIRC shows events that never actually happen in the game.

I think a lot of the intros did this to some extent. I don't remember giant bugs divebombing a village in Suikoden III but I could be wrong.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

That is the saddest poo poo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Roobanguy posted:

i liked suikoden 3 alot and geddoe is a cool protagonist.

Suikoden III is often viewed as a letdown from II but it's probably the most memorable of the ones I played, if only because I was 17 years old at the time of its release and my Tolerance for JRPG poo poo was at an all-time high. Also this music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOJuj4ZaZo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Suikoden III is often viewed as a letdown from II but it's probably the most memorable of the ones I played, if only because I was 17 years old at the time of its release and my Tolerance for JRPG poo poo was at an all-time high. Also this music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOJuj4ZaZo

YES, I love that track!

I'm watching this video of Suikoden 2's unite attacks, there are a bunch I haven't seen before. A lot of love went into Suikoden 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGprNddeo2o