Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I just realized that it the Stone Cold-focused story mode for 2k16 is legit, it likely won't have Owen Hart in it. That sucks, Austin vs. The Hart Foundation was an amazing feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

I just realized that it the Stone Cold-focused story mode for 2k16 is legit, it likely won't have Owen Hart in it. That sucks, Austin vs. The Hart Foundation was an amazing feud.

On the other hand, if it has Brian Pillman, that'll be cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope it starts in WCW and you get to be Hollywood Blond Steve Austin.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Endless Mike posted:

I hope it starts in WCW and you get to be Hollywood Blond Steve Austin.

That would own. Knowing WWE, it will start with Austin winning the title at Mania XIV and then launch straight in to Stone Cold/McMahon.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah, which sucks, cause WWE doesn't have problem featuring dead wrestlers like Eddie Guerrero or Andre the Giant, but the two wrestlers a lot of people would like to see are one who killed his family and one who died in the ring. :(

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
2K Spotlight 2016:

The Best of Stone Cold Steve Austin: Relive the best of The Rattlesnake as he clashes with Eric Bischoff to win the General Manager position!!

Roster Walks Out, The Rock Walks In: Take control of HHH, John Cena, The Rock, The Miz, and R-Truth in this thrilling recreation of the events that kicked off the Reality Era!

Some other bullshit angle nobody liked from like 2009: [copy trying to make it sound exciting]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that angle sucked

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

epitasis posted:

that angle sucked

:thejoke:

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Nut Bunnies posted:

2K Spotlight 2016:

Roster Walks Out, The Rock Walks In: Take control of HHH, John Cena, The Rock, The Miz, and R-Truth in this thrilling recreation of the events that kicked off the Reality Era!

R-Truth was absolute gold during this time. I'm glad they are finally giving him some focus again.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope there's a mode where you get to spend hours hosting Stone Cold's podcast, just like the real thing!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hope there's a mode where you get to spend hours hosting Stone Cold's podcast, just like the real thing!

If it includes a "You forgot to push the record button" feature, I'll buy it day one.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Press X to Pay Respects to eating pussy

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I lost because on the first day my phone went off and I went broke buying the first round.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The DLC for WWE 2kpodcast would be Austin's wise as a playable character

All voice commands would be echoy and barely audie

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Maybe this isn't quite the place to talk about it but any of you guys play much Fire Pro? I've been playing a lot of Fire Pro X Premium via zsnes. My CAW's triangle armbar is DEADLY, it killed Misawa-Tiger Mask, Stan Hansen, Liger, and even Karl Gotch.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That's how I first got my taste of Fire Pro too. Another good one on SNES is Fire Pro Queens Special which is a Joshi game. When I play now though I just play Fire Pro Returns on the PS3, as you can get it on psn classics and it has the benefit of being in English. It does everything X premium does and a lot more. though I do sometimes miss the slightly slower pace and just about every move in the game sending the wrestler flying out of the ring end over end..

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Fire Pro Returns is my favorite wrestle-game of all time, if solely for how many matches end with shin kicks.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Can you critical on shin kicks?!
It's just a pin after the crumple sell isn't it?

E: Almost all wrestling games have the weak finish problem, including unfortunately, most of the best ones. IE Fire Pro, King of Colosseum II. Some of the SVR's had an abilities system that made it so you couldn't finish matches with submissions unless they were finishers or you had a submission master ability, but those games were otherwise pretty bad.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 19, 2015

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If anyone is still playing Immortals, the Dean Ambrose event started yesterday. It's a pretty good card because he becomes immune to basic attacks at low health.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
A modern 2d sprite based firepro style wrestling game really needs to exist.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So using cheat engine, you can play as NPC characters, and set up Diva vs Superstar matches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9qBOmyGS_0&t=650s

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bryan Alvarez Podcast Simulator 2016

Find The loving Hall of Fame

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726931&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post446825416

I'm doing another round of goon-created fighters in World of Mixed Martial Arts. Last time I did this, the Ultimate Fighter aspect didn't really exist in-game, so I had to run all the fights as exhibitions, outside of the "game world". Everyone was terrible, and after a whole lot of nothing, we did a big fuckoff tournament of 63 and Cung Le, and Cung Le beat every goon.

Now the game actually has in-world Reality Shows, and I've done more work to make sure we'll get fighters worth half a poo poo, so this should be interesting.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

They really need to nerf Enlightened Big Show, he's broken as gently caress. If you go up against a maxed out one it's literally impossible to win. The AI doesn't have to follow the limit on tagging in so they just rotate him in whenever anyone takes more than 1/4 of their health and because it's Big Show he has enough health that a level 3 only takes off half his health, then he swaps out and is back up to full next time he pops out.

They need to fix Lunatic Ambrose's stun too. It's glitchy and doesn't actually work on some guys, gold Stephanie and both of the Ultimate Warriors most notably, and most of the time the AI will block your signatures perfectly while being stunned.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

They aren't going to let you choose between Human Finn and Demon Finn, are they? Because that would be haaard.

@WWE2Kdev
@wwebalor blown away by seeing himself in video game form for the first time...and it's the DEMON!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JoeRules posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726931&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post446825416

I'm doing another round of goon-created fighters in World of Mixed Martial Arts. Last time I did this, the Ultimate Fighter aspect didn't really exist in-game, so I had to run all the fights as exhibitions, outside of the "game world". Everyone was terrible, and after a whole lot of nothing, we did a big fuckoff tournament of 63 and Cung Le, and Cung Le beat every goon.

Now the game actually has in-world Reality Shows, and I've done more work to make sure we'll get fighters worth half a poo poo, so this should be interesting.

Sent in a character, don't know how many MMA posters pop into here.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 22, 2015

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
2k is really pushing the "largest roster in WWE game history" line. I hope that's legit and not including the 12 versions of Stone Cold that will be in the story mode.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It'll include 12 versions of Austin, 2 non-playable JRs, there will be 6 CAW slots and you can forget about creating any women.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hope they have regular Finn Balor along with the demon.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Blast Fantasto posted:

2k is really pushing the "largest roster in WWE game history" line. I hope that's legit and not including the 12 versions of Stone Cold that will be in the story mode.

I'd personally love it if they actually straight up included everyone on the current roster plus a robust group of legends.

Unfortunately, it'll be

pressedbunny posted:

It'll include 12 versions of Austin, 2 non-playable JRs, there will be 6 CAW slots and you can forget about creating any women.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Muddy Burphy posted:

I hope they have regular Finn Balor along with the demon.

With any competence at all alternate attires would take care of this easily so it's a 50/50 whether it's not in the game at all or is a useless duplicate character

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm fine with 12 Austins if half of them are Stunning.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Perry Normal posted:

I'm fine with 12 Austins if half of them are Stunning.

No leg braces, one leg brace, both leg braces, jeans, leg brace on other side

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

leg brace on other side

Bizarro Austin.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
1. WCCW long tights
2. WCW bicycle shorts style
3. WCW Dangerous Alliance, no knee pads
4. WCW Hollywood Blondes
5. WCW "DRAGON SLAYER" trunks
6. ECW Superstar Steve Austin w/ do rag
7. WWF The Ringmaster w/ receding hairline
8. WWF Original Stone Cold (no knee braces, weird sheriff's badge looking logo vest)
9. WWF 'classic' Stone Cold (skull logo vest, one knee brace)
10. WWF 'classic' w/ both knee braces
11. WWF 2001 Heel red or gold trim
12. Jean shorts and Austin 3:16 shirt

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 23, 2015

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Perry Normal posted:

With alternate skins for the initials on his vest (i.e.: DTA, BMF, OMR)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Two Beans posted:

DLC options include DTF, PDX, and PNG

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

Two Beans posted:

See, this is +3 characters on the largest roster ever. WMXV shirt entrance.

Why skin when you can add more to a marketable number? Let's go all the way.

All-Austin Royal Rumble.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

NameHurtBrain posted:

All-Austin Royal Rumble.

29 austin, one vince

i would buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Perry Normal posted:

1. WCCW long tights
2. WCW bicycle shorts style
3. WCW Dangerous Alliance, no knee pads
4. WCW Hollywood Blondes
5. WCW "DRAGON SLAYER" trunks
6. ECW Superstar Steve Austin w/ do rag
7. WWF The Ringmaster w/ receding hairline
8. WWF Original Stone Cold (no knee braces, weird sheriff's badge looking logo vest)
11. WWF 2001 Heel red or gold trim
12. Jean shorts and Austin 3:16 shirt

13. Lovely blue sweater from Tough Enough