Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
Point taken that there are a lot of garbage visual mods. But there are also mods to let you fight two Berials at once or trainers to skip straight to Credo/Dante in the Bloody Palace. :getin: I doubt any of these work for the Special Edition yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

AccountingNightmare posted:

I doubt any of these work for the Special Edition yet though.

Modders will have a good 7 years before DMC4:More Special Edition is released to figure it out.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

if you don't like the rainbow dante donguri uses then you're a loving monster

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Hah, I'm somewhat sure I got the first Steam foil card in the whole drat world for this game (Lady). I love you too, DMC :unsmith:

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Does anyone remember which difficulty LDK is equivalent of(ignoring the tons of monster)? Is it Demon hunter or Son of Sparda? I though it was demon hunter but it qualifies for SSS ranking bosses at SoS or harder achievement, which is weird if it's at Demon Hunter difficulty for them.

Edit: it's weird that there is no record for your LDK rank but there is a achievement for S ranking all of them.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Hel posted:

Does anyone remember which difficulty LDK is equivalent of(ignoring the tons of monster)? Is it Demon hunter or Son of Sparda? I though it was demon hunter but it qualifies for SSS ranking bosses at SoS or harder achievement, which is weird if it's at Demon Hunter difficulty for them.

Edit: it's weird that there is no record for your LDK rank but there is a achievement for S ranking all of them.

IIRC it's because bosses in LDK are at DMD-level.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Serenade posted:

Modders will have a good 7 years before DMC4:More Special Edition is released to figure it out.

DMC4 is now as old as DMC1 was back when DMC4 was released.

At least we've had games like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, and Dragon's Dogma in that time.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there any sort of bonus of having the original version and getting the Special Edition of 4 on PC? Cause I kind of want to play this on my PS4.

It's not exclusive to people who own both versions but the PC version of Special Edition has the exclusive feature of Actually Having Anti-Aliasing. It's pretty cool.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I have been waiting since DMC3 to finally play Lady and now I can and she is cool as poo poo :hellyeah:

And holy poo poo dmc3 came out in 2005 what a long time ago that was.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
So what's everybody doing for controls? I didn't change anything for Vergil, but with Lady I ended up swapping Gun to the Right Trigger since like with Nero I'm gonna want to be charging my guns at all times while doing other stuff. Moved the Swap Right to LT and put Swap Left down on the D-Pad where it's out of the way. Haven't gotten to Trish yet so I dunno if I'll end up changing things with her.

I really wish you could map the same action to two different buttons, because when I'm just shooting the gun I'd much rather be hammering on the X button than the trigger. Maybe I could do something weird by using Xinput in conjunction with JoyToKey...

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

TechnoSyndrome posted:

It's not exclusive to people who own both versions but the PC version of Special Edition has the exclusive feature of Actually Having Anti-Aliasing. It's pretty cool.

Have there been any performance complaints about the PS4 version yet? People on neogaf have been complaining about framerate issues and lack of video options on the PC version (you can't turn off motion blur and SSAO and stuff like that) but sometimes neogaf is like the blu-ray.com of videogames.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TechnoSyndrome posted:

How is AA still a thing consoles have trouble with?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Pomp posted:

How is AA still a thing consoles have trouble with?

DMC4 Special Edition being developed by the same developer who made Deadly Premonition might have something to do with it.

The game still runs maxed at 1080p60fps for me though so I'm not complaining. Better than loving Batman.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TechnoSyndrome posted:

So what's everybody doing for controls? I didn't change anything for Vergil, but with Lady I ended up swapping Gun to the Right Trigger since like with Nero I'm gonna want to be charging my guns at all times while doing other stuff. Moved the Swap Right to LT and put Swap Left down on the D-Pad where it's out of the way. Haven't gotten to Trish yet so I dunno if I'll end up changing things with her.

I really wish you could map the same action to two different buttons, because when I'm just shooting the gun I'd much rather be hammering on the X button than the trigger. Maybe I could do something weird by using Xinput in conjunction with JoyToKey...

Across the board, I keep my ranged options on L1, DT on triangle, and main physical attack on square. The ranged thing is mainly for Nero/Lady charging, and Vergil summoned swords stuff during combos.

I should really switch DT to circle and trick to triangle so attack+trick specials aren't so cumbersome, but it feels weird not teleporting with circle.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Bust Rodd posted:

I really don't understand how anyone can look at videos like that from DMC4 and not totally understand why so many of us were so upset at the reboot. There is no capacity for anything that Smokin' Sick Stylish in DmC.

Dice game, smashing weird tops to break doors, repeating levels...

DMC4 is a great game, but it did have some faults.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RichterIX posted:

Have there been any performance complaints about the PS4 version yet? People on neogaf have been complaining about framerate issues and lack of video options on the PC version (you can't turn off motion blur and SSAO and stuff like that) but sometimes neogaf is like the blu-ray.com of videogames.

I haven't had single issue on PC so I'm not sure what framerate issues would exist, and the blur is fine.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Vergil can do the dice trick like Nero can. Just hit it with Upper Slash and whatever number was on top will be the number for the roll.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Brutakas posted:

Vergil can do the dice trick like Nero can. Just hit it with Upper Slash and whatever number was on top will be the number for the roll.

You can just hit it with a normal attack with Yamato (not sure about other weapons).

The text when Vergil is at the dice game mentions using a gentle touch, which I assume refers to the attacks where he hits with Yamato in the scabbard.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

RichterIX posted:

If there's a framerate issue it must be hardware- or driver-specific because without the 60fps limiter on my machine does 130 fps with everything on ultra and it's like three years old.

You don't really need fine-grained rendering options when anything above integrated graphics will run the game as well as it can possibly be run. :shrug:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 25, 2015

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Force Edge's Helm Breaker works as well, as does Lady's version of that using Kalina Ann to drop

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I've always swapped RT to gun on both Nero/Dante and did the same with Vergil. It lets you charge shot while using your sword. Square is blank on Nero and swap guns on Dante.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Haha Trish can get some INSANE red orbs from the crystals. Just throw round trip on there and do the extended electric dance, that's 30-40k EASY.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

Haha Trish can get some INSANE red orbs from the crystals. Just throw round trip on there and do the extended electric dance, that's 30-40k EASY.

Was literally just about to post this damnit. Shame there's not much to use them on.

Also, is it just me, or did they increase proud soul generation? Maybe it's because I'm getting mostly A and S ranks compared to the C's and B's my first time through the game but I feel like I have just as much as I had after beating the game a few times in the first version

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
I think they doubled it, I remember reading somewhere they wanted to make it less grindy . I may also be insane.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alkarl posted:

I think they doubled it, I remember reading somewhere they wanted to make it less grindy . I may also be insane.

you are but you're also right

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Sindai posted:

If there's a framerate issue it must be hardware- or driver-specific because without the 60fps limiter on my machine does 130 fps with everything on ultra and it's like three years old.

You don't really need fine-grained rendering options when anything above integrated graphics will run the game as well as it can possibly be run. :shrug:

I think the PC version of SE has massively higher requirements than the original. I can run the original at max settings no problem, but SE won't work on my system at all; it's kind of baffling just how terrible the PC version is.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Can't believe Capcom really put out dlc for orbs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's Orb May Cry all over again

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Does Vergil have an extended ending? And if he does, how many kills do you need to get it?

The end screen said I killed 20+ demons and I'm not sure if that's a high or low amount.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any tips for playing as Lady? She just seems slow and clunky and stuff takes ages to die.
Granted I only played a couple of stages while super tired but eh.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Any tips for playing as Lady? She just seems slow and clunky and stuff takes ages to die.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

It takes a while to unlock her more powerful moves but once you get some handgun and pistol upgrades you'll be tearing through demons. It really feels just like the way she fights in DMC3 cutscenes.
She does feel very weak and boring at first, especially if you make it to Berial without unlocking a lot of moves.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

Sakurazuka posted:

Charge level 3 pistol shots and level 3 shotgun shots with the style button moves for the most part.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
How's the PC port for the SE?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

notZaar posted:

It takes a while to unlock her more powerful moves but once you get some handgun and pistol upgrades you'll be tearing through demons. It really feels just like the way she fights in DMC3 cutscenes.
She does feel very weak and boring at first, especially if you make it to Berial without unlocking a lot of moves.

I only had the charge shot for Kalina Ann and still had fun wrecking Berial with gun stinger Hysteric and that handgun move.

It feels like your style button is your main attack button with her.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The first time I found out you could extend Lady's shotgun nunchuk move to like 10 seconds I was grinning like a complete idiot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It seems my Lady mistake was mostly trying to use her grenade launcher bayonet thing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Please don't use gun Lady's bayonet when you can melt bosses faces off with charged shotgun blasts.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Lady's melee option is about as effective as Dante's pistols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was using the gun bit not the bayonet bit at least.

• Locked thread