Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
That's Opie for you: He starts ragging on comedians--as he tends to, then plays bitchy bossman when he gets attacked back.

"Let's play" = "You can't come over my tree fort anymore!"

Edit: Best youtube comment on that vid so far is "Leave it alone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
it sounded like he was just busting on vos. I don't think this is going to be his actual last time on the show.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Under the vegetable posted:

it sounded like he was just busting on vos. I don't think this is going to be his actual last time on the show.
That's the psycho factor, brother man. You never know when the motherhucker really means it!

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Of course he's not going to stop having Vos on the show, he needs all the talent he can get. He was absolutely legit butthurt about that however.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Under the vegetable posted:

They're friends off air.

It's a great line but if you listen to the last couple of times Vos has been on the show, you'll find similar things with Vos getting a little rough and Opie jokingly acting like it's his last time on the air. Vos is actually insecure about that. Opie use to mention all the time about how Vos would call up after a mean show and apologize.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

For what it's worth, it's not that I think Vos is actually going to be banned from the show, or is under any threat of that, but that Opie can't do comebacks, he only does power moves. He starts poo poo with a comedian and when he gets it back, he throws his weight around rather than exchanging blows.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

tsssss makin fun of Vos' weight tsssss like ignoring the elephant in the room or sumpthin'

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Ooof. As Colin says Rich Vos is the best counter-puncher in the business.

Of course Opie and Vos are friends and Opie has always said that Anthony was the funny/talented guy on the show. So nothing serious is going to happen. But Vos throwing that out was BRUTAL.

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005
Its definitely not his last time. It was worth pointing out Opie being Opie. I do agree with him about why the hell he cancelled Soder for that though.

I feel like, years ago, a line like that would've gotten a big laugh from Bobby and Jim at least. Today they just let Vos sit out there.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Wow, big shout out to Hey Buddays today.

FeedRobots
Jul 18, 2006
feedtherobot.com
That was a big letdown after all those comments. Seriously not a big deal and a throw away moment I wouldn't have thought twice about.

Was there ever follow up on TACS about the grudge between Sam and Opie and how it was, y'know, totally made up?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

FeedRobots posted:

That was a big letdown after all those comments. Seriously not a big deal and a throw away moment I wouldn't have thought twice about.

Oh look, it's a statement that can be made about any "holy poo poo did you hear what happened on todays show!??!!!??" posts in this thread.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
When will Ant finally throw in the towel? I say within a year. Maybe within the year.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Judakel posted:

When will Ant finally throw in the towel? I say within a year. Maybe within the year.

I say within a year he'll be drunkenly streaming drunken video game sessions on twitch or something.

It's the next logical step down.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I miss loving O&A, but I also miss hating them as well. I just feel absolutely nothing about TACS or O&J.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Isn't he building out a studio in NYC?

As long as he can get over 5,000 paid subscribers he will probably be able to keep going. The show can't cost much to run out of his home. There was an article that said he had 40,000 at some point last year. Doubt he's held on to those initial numbers but he's probably at at least 10,000 for now.

If the studio in NYC goes through and Jimmy is on the show a couple times a week, I think that subscriber numbers will go up a lot. Those two are great together and Jimmy is good at bringing in his friends.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Cromulent posted:

I miss loving O&A, but I also miss hating them as well. I just feel absolutely nothing about TACS or O&J.

I feel the same way. I mostly listen out of habit now. When I was in the Army in 2000 I used to catch them in Seattle of all places. Then when 9/11 happened I ended up in DC for a year and then the XM years I was an avid listener mostly because I have worked in the same boring 8-5 cubicle job for almost a decade now where we can wear headphones so listening to O/A and R/F was the extent of my work day. If I didn't have that job I would have quit listening long ago. I do like Norton and his goofiness but at this point I can't stomach Opie and his overexaggeration on every story and every experience he supposedly had when you can tell he's lying. I hope Ant moving into the city means good things.

You know Norton wishes he could go there but Sirius money talks and he's going to accept it as long as they just hand it over.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Niwrad posted:

Isn't he building out a studio in NYC?

As long as he can get over 5,000 paid subscribers he will probably be able to keep going. The show can't cost much to run out of his home. There was an article that said he had 40,000 at some point last year. Doubt he's held on to those initial numbers but he's probably at at least 10,000 for now.

If the studio in NYC goes through and Jimmy is on the show a couple times a week, I think that subscriber numbers will go up a lot. Those two are great together and Jimmy is good at bringing in his friends.

The Cumia Network or whatever has not one decent show. Jimmy may help, but outside of the usual guests, no one is stopping by to promote anything worthwhile.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Tr33 posted:

Wow, big shout out to Hey Buddays today.

They mentioned me again?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:ughh:

https://twitter.com/RichVos/status/613788868916215809

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

This seems like classic 'Calling the boys later and asking if he did good' Vos that I kept hearing about from Opie, anyway.

Though, I wouldn't be too surprised if this actually caused a rift. :laugh:

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Vos knows exactly what he's doing.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Don't feed into it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cromulent posted:

Both shows are completely unlistenable, it's the worst possible outcome

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
First of all, don't feed Inuits.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Buffalo squeeze posted:

First of all, don't feed Inuits.

Here's the thing,

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Both shows are completely unlistenable, it's the worst possible outcome
I feel ashamed for mentioning this, but the Doc & Skip Morning show on Glenn Beck's Blaze radio network is more consistently funny than O&J, and less racist than TACS at this point. Former O&A producer stuntbrain is apparently involved with it.
They destroyed Bronies for close to a half hour yesterday.
gently caress This Gay Radio Industry.
:smithicide:

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 26, 2015

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jimmy had a hilarious meltdown today dealing with United. The best is the @united account trying to help.

https://twitter.com/jimnorton

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Niwrad posted:

Jimmy had a hilarious meltdown today dealing with United. The best is the @united account trying to help.

https://twitter.com/jimnorton

I wonder how many times he blinked while tweeting just wanting to be heard

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I don't know why but @united going "curb the language" really irked me more than it should.

Also, Jim being mad at United Airlines is a well revisited rivalry.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Why does Jimmy still fly United if he has so many problems with them? No shortage of airlines flying out of New York either.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Two Kings posted:

Why does Jimmy still fly United if he has so many problems with them? No shortage of airlines flying out of New York either.

Probably is cheaper enough he gambles on it figuring he still has a normal flight most of the time.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
He tweeted that it lined up with his schedule.

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005
Someone put together the entire 2 hours of the Patrice O'Neal roast in 2003. I've only heard bits and pieces of it. Ben Bailey steals it for me around 1:37:00 especially when he gets to Jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFrSF9FwS8

Edit: Accidentally wrote Bill instead of Bill.

Meth Rollins fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 29, 2015

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Meth Rollins posted:

Someone put together the entire 2 hours of the Patrice O'Neal roast in 2003. I've only heard bits and pieces of it. Bill Bailey steals it for me around 1:37:00 especially when he gets to Jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFrSF9FwS8

Thanks for this. And of course Vos goes first. Couldn't close could ya :allears:

lol and Norton even has to bail him out.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

This guy who works for Mike Calta (Cowhead)'s show ran into one Fez Whatley at the Tampa pride rally over the weekend: http://imgur.com/ur5f9us

Paul Kersey fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 29, 2015

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Holy poo poo is Keith embarrassing.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Holy poo poo is Keith embarrassing.
What did he do now?

Also, Fez actually looks healthy. I'm glad he's not just still milling around the Sirius studios in NY.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Just listened to that Patrice roast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cromulent posted:

What did he do now?

Also, Fez actually looks healthy. I'm glad he's not just still milling around the Sirius studios in NY.

I'm just thankful the gay shirt is gone.

• Locked thread