Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Does anyone know if the dog dies in that Max movie coming out tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is absolutely no way that dog is surviving until the end of that movie. It's the Marley and Me curse.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EPPMCwD5bw

Look at this drat trailer. This is like, "THE DOG DIES DOING SOMETHING NOBLE AT THE END", the movie trailer.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 26, 2015

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Nooo loving waaaay :D

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holy poo poo :kimchi:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

CJacobs posted:

There is absolutely no way that dog is surviving until the end of that movie. It's the Marley and Me curse.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EPPMCwD5bw

Look at this drat trailer. This is like, "THE DOG DIES DOING SOMETHING NOBLE AT THE END", the movie trailer.

is max a GSD or a mal?

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
Looks more like a mal or a mix.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Robodogge has an even shorter life expectancy than non-robodogge. :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

incoming

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
As much as I like pit bulls, off leash dog parks really should be separated into "small dog" "big dog" and "pit bull/giant dog" sections. Someone's pit was playing with another dog and bumped up against the backs of my legs almost enough to send me flying. It's incredible how strong they are :D

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

do(n)g

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

http://youtu.be/aaVJsamcaXA

It's a pit climbing a ladder

Also who has two thumbs and just signed for a place that allows dogges that is right next to dog beach? This guy.

Have a bit before I actually get there. Don't want to start looking for dogs just yet. Can't be an "official" aggressive breed which are the obvious and then some obscure ones like Great Danes? Also no German shepherds but I guess that kind of makes sense. Most all rescues seem to be at least half pit or boxer though. Also has to be over a year old. Honestly don't mind an older dog. Anyways not looking for any specific dog really just no yappy dogges,want a smedium sized one, and can't be what's considered aggressive

Boxer

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Shoot I need one to train my dogge to ride on amotorcycle

Dude, I don't know. It's really tough though. Which is odd because this is like the most dog friendly place and the area in particular I'm moving to is even more dogge friendly. The most I've ever seen for a place. Water bowls in every business etc.

Finding a place that allows dogges cut the options down by like 1/5th and even then most have a lot of stipulations. Not to mention dogge tax that some places do instead of a pet deposit

If you have an aggressive breed especially a pit or boxer you have to get a house.

Boxers are not aggressive huh

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fried Chicken posted:

My landlord has a boxer. He is aggressively happy and excited to see people. Occasionally he barks.

Gudde Dogge.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Fried Chicken posted:

Yeah, I keep wondering how boxers get put on the poo poo list of dog breeds

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've never understood that either. I've been around them my entire life; they are the only breed of dog my dad has had since he was 7 (he's now 73). They bark, yeah. Sound mean when they want to. Jump a lot. But every single boxer I've ever been around has been the most friendly, affectionate dog ever once properly introduced.

Kidney beaning leaning jumping bean machines they are.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Especially when you consider man would be so much further behind without dogs to protect our food sources from animals and thieves. Also with them helping us hunt whether it be retrieval or the actual killing of the animal. Societal hierarchy should be as following:

1. People
2. Dogs
3. Everything else including animals that will kill you without hesitation
4. Cats
5. Cat owners

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Tide posted:

I've never understood that either. I've been around them my entire life; they are the only breed of dog my dad has had since he was 7 (he's now 73). They bark, yeah. Sound mean when they want to. Jump a lot. But every single boxer I've ever been around has been the most friendly, affectionate dog ever once properly introduced.

Boxers seem like perpetual puppies. The ones I have met have generally preferred hanging out with people at the park vs playing with the other dogs. They can bark and be pretty rambunctious, but I haven't really heard of them ever being bitey

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Boxers are the best dogges.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Dogges are the best dogges.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Tide posted:

Boxers are dangerous to their owners because there is a long list of verified cases where something bad happened to the owner and the boxer kept the paramedics at bay because they knew something was wrong and were trying to keep their human safe for those stranger

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Boxers seem like perpetual puppies. The ones I have met have generally preferred hanging out with people at the park vs playing with the other dogs. They can bark and be pretty rambunctious, but I haven't really heard of them ever being bitey

This is a lot of it. Boxers are forever puppies in their mind, and will behave like it. Extremely protective of their owners, and no real understanding of their own size and strength as they grow. 80lbs of dog colliding with you at top speed doesn't feel good, but it's what they will do if they think their family is threatened. They can't really bite though, their jaw and jowl structure means the back "shearing" teeth can't get a grip to do their work, so if they do bite all they can do is latch and hold. Which still doesn't feel good because it's 80lbs of dog built around a deep chest and strong neck muscles, but they won't do the damage that, say, a German Shepard would do.

My family has always had shelter boxers, and in 23 years only 2 events of anyone getting hurt by any of them. One my mom was walking him, he saw a fox, and lunges a few feet barking to make it keep its distance from her. The sudden pull of 80lbs of muscle made my mom face plant.

The other he was watching the neighborhood kids play football through the bay window and saw my (then 9 year old) brothers best friend tackle him. He took off like a shot, broke the screen door when he charged through it, hit the other kid at full speed knocking him clear of my brother and stood between them barking and growling trying to defend my brother.

We've had 3, and only aggression they have ever shown is in defense of their family. Lots of energy, very curious, happy to use their front paws to manipulate things (hence the name).

Other than that they like to spend their time laying in the sun, sleeping on the couch, and just generally being the happiest creatures you could ever hope to meet.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Boxers are the best dogges.

This. Boxer dogges, best dogges

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 26, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Please do not beat dogges.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

It's getting belly rubs from the steps :3:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

WarpedNaba posted:

Please do not beat dogges. Please pette the dogges.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Pitbull chariot

http://youtu.be/t6jM2Z4fjTM

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mak0rz posted:

It's getting belly rubs from the steps :3:

:feelsgood:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Is anime dogge acceptable

I have a gif involving said dogge

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

post any and/or all dogges itt tia

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
all dogges are good dogges do you guys not understand this yet...?!?!

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday

Mak0rz posted:

post any and/or all dogges itt tia

Dogge Post

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Hopefully you now know the correct way to wash off pepperspray.

Did the dog lunge or do anything at all other than be a dog? I don't know how I'd have handled that, but it wouldn't have been polite.

I didn't at the time because I didn't think a thing like that would happen, and I was worried because he was whimpering the way home, at which point I picked him up like a baby and ran two miles because it was breaking my heart. When we got home I just wanted it off so I didn't really think about a google search, but he stopped crying a bit after he got in so I figure I did something right. We cuddled and he of course got lots of pettes and treats.

We were just walking. She was looking at the mail as we walked by, and all he was doing was looking as her and did a little side step towards her, at which point she immediately just pulled the spray out of I don't even know. I yelled at her and slapped the pepper spray out of her hands, but I just wanted to get him home and wash that crap off so we quickly left.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Shoot I need one to train my dogge to ride on amotorcycle

Dude, I don't know. It's really tough though. Which is odd because this is like the most dog friendly place and the area in particular I'm moving to is even more dogge friendly. The most I've ever seen for a place. Water bowls in every business etc.

Finding a place that allows dogges cut the options down by like 1/5th and even then most have a lot of stipulations. Not to mention dogge tax that some places do instead of a pet deposit

If you have an aggressive breed especially a pit or boxer you have to get a house.

This is so dumb. Why in the year 2015 people have yet to learn that it's not the breed that makes a dogge "aggressive"? :sympathy:

Boxers sound amazingly awesome.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Anita Dickinme posted:

Boxers sound amazingly awesome.

They are the most awesome.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

The saddest thing I have growing up with german shepherds is that I can't have one now (apartment living). Never stop posting goode dogges like that.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My parents had a boxer, beagle, pit mix.

She was a spoiled dogge who liked tummy rubs and her back scratched.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Boxers are great but you need the time available to help them work that energy off else they will just go nuts.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

BigPaddy posted:

Boxers are great but you need the time available to help them work that energy off else they will just go nuts.

If you aren't playing with and petting your dogge constantly gtfo

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ogrel72 posted:

My parents had a boxer, beagle, pit mix.

She was a spoiled dogge who liked tummy rubs and her back scratched.

:swoon:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

BigPaddy posted:

How's tanky

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I love tanky :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Gonna need a SITREP on Tanky.