Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Aurain posted:

The UFC will no longer be corn to the core and I'm not sure I'm willing to accept this new reality.

Pretty sure they will always be corny. It's the fighters who have limited rights to make money not their corporate overlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Everyone mark where you were the last time you saw a man fight with snake eyes on his rear end

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
no one ever put condomdepot.com on the front of their shorts instead of the back

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
So apparently there's another clean Anderson Silva pee test that was released this morning:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/anderson-silva-tested-negative-for-peds-in-a-ufc-183-pre-fight-test

I think that means Anderson has two positive tests and two negative ones. Anderson's smart to keep delaying his hearing cause I'm like 95% sure now he's not going to get suspended at all. Not that it matters cause by the time the hearing happens he will have already been out for 9 months anyway.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

vainman posted:

Everyone mark where you were the last time you saw a man fight with snake eyes on his rear end
they're actually Calvin's Peeing on a Ford eyes

red19fire
May 26, 2010

attackmole posted:

I was expecting something to happen but no, Shatner just really thinks that they're cool.

And the new, intense drug testing policy begins next month, too. What a time to be alive.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Trast posted:

Pretty sure they will always be corny. It's the fighters who have limited rights to make money not their corporate overlord.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Matt Hughes' armbar on GSP at UFC 50 is really good and cool

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
In case anyone needs a new text message alert.
http://tindeck.com/listen/horim

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Per Ariel Hawani using IV bags to re-hydrate a fighter is now against the rules per USADA.

I don't know how you can test for that.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Do people actually eat Corn Nuts regularly? I thought they were like circus peanuts in that you buy a bag once every five years because you forgot how last time you ate a handful before getting disgusted and throwing the rest away.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Actual name-brand corn nuts are terrible. Getting bulk roasted/fried kernels from a grocery store where they're more fresh and much more lightly salted is still not my first choice for snacks, but pretty ok imo.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

theradiostillsucks posted:

Do people actually eat Corn Nuts regularly? I thought they were like circus peanuts in that you buy a bag once every five years because you forgot how last time you ate a handful before getting disgusted and throwing the rest away.

I eat about a bag a day because I care about the UFC

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd probably eat them exclusively if I knew where to buy them locally and knew that all of my Corn Nuts: Corn to the Core™ proceeds would be reaching Mark Hunt specifically

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

My favorite UFC advertising tie-in is when Mike tells me that the FRAM CAM(R)(TM) is brought to you by......FRAM.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
I don't know why, but a Roy Nelson fight without an ad for Corn Nuts just doesn't feel right.

Oh wait now I remember why.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
those garish red, white and black Hayabusa shorts have to be the worst.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How will I be able to tell to good boys from the bad ones?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Aurain posted:

Text me and I'll tell you who I'm attracted to.

Edit: this is actually good advice for anyone, any time.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Being corn to the core would explain Rashad's knees.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Per Ariel Hawani using IV bags to re-hydrate a fighter is now against the rules per USADA.

I can see a lot of these massive weight cuts ending badly if the can't IV bag it.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rashad has been dishing out a lot of good advice on the current TUF season

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aurain posted:

Look very carefully to see if they are wearing a leather jacket and shades

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

that's some pretty big news isn't it? seems like nobody gave a poo poo.

mewse
May 2, 2006

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

that's some pretty big news isn't it? seems like nobody gave a poo poo.

The ban will be ineffective because nobody is monitoring the fighters when they leave the venue after weigh-ins

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

What exactly is the logic behind this? You can sneak in bad poo poo in the IVs or something? Seems all it's doing is making recovery from weight cuts shittier.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

mewse posted:

The ban will be ineffective because nobody is monitoring the fighters when they leave the venue after weigh-ins

of course, so why bother banning it? how the gently caress are they going to enforce that?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I am skeptical. Ariel's source is a fighter who tweeted at him that reading the guidelines, he thinks IV to rehydrate won't be allowed.

I don't see how this can possibly stand, you can't test for saline, and if it really comes to it all the fighters can just stumble out of the arena after weigh-in, drive to the hospital, and tell the doctor they are severely dehydrated, they'll give them an IV as a medical necessity.

mewse
May 2, 2006

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

of course, so why bother banning it? how the gently caress are they going to enforce that?

I was just responding to your "why isn't this bigger news" question, it's because it's pretty silly

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Northjayhawk posted:

I am skeptical. Ariel's source is a fighter who tweeted at him that reading the guidelines, he thinks IV to rehydrate won't be allowed.

I don't see how this can possibly stand, you can't test for saline, and if it really comes to it all the fighters can just stumble out of the arena after weigh-in, drive to the hospital, and tell the doctor they are severely dehydrated, they'll give them an IV as a medical necessity.

Always remember that MMA News is delivered by MMA Journalists, relying on scoops supplied by dudes who get punched in the head for a living.

Also today is a momentous one for Our Gay Sport :rory:

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Apparently this is a real thing. That fighter who tweeted at Ariel wasn't just reading and drawing his own conclusions, USADA visited his gym and flat-out told them that IV over 50 mL (which is almost nothing) is a prohibited method under the WADA code.

There is a legit reason for it, WADA isn't doing it to make it harder to cut weight, but apparently if you infuse a bunch of saline right before a test, it can mask some PED's. Cyclists would see the random test coming, have someone delay them for 10-15 minutes while they dump a full bag into their system so that they can try to beat the test, so WADA eventually said "gently caress it, no IV's anymore for any reason unless its a medical necessity"

If this sticks, a lot of guys are going to have to move up in weight classes.

Northjayhawk fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 26, 2015

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I look forward to fighters getting knocked out horribly and puking because they ate a ton of watermelon instead of using IV bags.

Nobody is going to be smart enough to trim down and cut less weight.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bubba Smith posted:

So apparently there's another clean Anderson Silva pee test that was released this morning:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/anderson-silva-tested-negative-for-peds-in-a-ufc-183-pre-fight-test

I think that means Anderson has two positive tests and two negative ones. Anderson's smart to keep delaying his hearing cause I'm like 95% sure now he's not going to get suspended at all. Not that it matters cause by the time the hearing happens he will have already been out for 9 months anyway.

Good...good

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I guess athletic commission heard about the all fighters are bad meme and are attempting to make it a biological reality.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

mewse posted:

Rashad has been dishing out a lot of good advice on the current TUF season

Protect your brand at all times

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Here's my advice stand sideways so you can only throw powerless jabs and exceptionally short overhands, never learn to handfight and then get injured and duck fights nonstop for the entirety of your career. Also complain about shirts

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

david carmichael posted:

Here's my advice stand sideways so you can only throw powerless jabs and exceptionally short overhands, never learn to handfight and then get injured and duck fights nonstop for the entirety of your career. Also complain about shirts

futhermore. treat me like a bitch.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Dangersim posted:

Good...good

So this means Anderson Silva is still not a liar or something, right?

As the forum Andy fanboys we need to have our stories on point.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

What exactly is the logic behind this? You can sneak in bad poo poo in the IVs or something? Seems all it's doing is making recovery from weight cuts shittier.

I would assume it's out of fear of fighters blood doping (blood with higher red blood cell count which increases vo2 max), but again it's retarded to try and ban it for hydration because short of catching a fighter with a needle in his arm good luck policing it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pimp Cauldron posted:

futhermore. treat me like a bitch.

Like a sucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Anderson silva is a treasure and if he cheated it was because he was illegally too good at mma and was using steroids for their drawbacks only.

• Locked thread