Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Sometimes I feel like this is some sort of elaborate troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Gonna play the poo poo out of this game

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
This thing is more vaporware than Star Citizen.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

FrickenMoron posted:

Thankfully without any of the vaporware buyables of Star Citizen.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Simple video game take a very long time to make. Complex video games take an obscenely long time to make. One person producing a complex video game takes an unrealistically long time to make. Who knew???

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

FrickenMoron posted:

But can I donate 100,000 dollars for cows that may be real some day?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Babby Sathanas posted:

Simple video game take a very long time to make. Complex video games take an obscenely long time to make. One person producing a complex video game takes an unrealistically long time to make. Who knew???
I thought I was in the Stardew thread not the Overgrowth one :shrug:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

FrickenMoron posted:

It's backed by Chucklefish, so we should have known. :v:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Croccers posted:

I thought I was in the Stardew thread not the Overgrowth one :shrug:

Let's talk when Stardew Valley has been in development for 8 years.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

well this was a lot of farming-based negativity out of fuckin' nowhere

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Those shots do look nicer! Good to see the game's coming along.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 14, 2017

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

If this game comes out in 2015 I'll post a banme in gbs. toxx me fam

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't know why people focus so heavily on a single game that they can't stand it takes time to develop it. Spread out your interest a bit and a game you're looking forward to will come out every month.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Is this Bob's Game 2?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Holy Cheese posted:

Is this Bob's Game 2?

no, because this isn't an elaborate ruse to get millions of (not yet invented) kickstarter dollars.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

BUTTERWORBS posted:

If this game comes out in 2015 I'll post a banme in gbs. toxx me fam

quotin' to keep you honest

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Dont understand the sudden harshness in the thread. this dude hasn't taken your money

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
yeah seriously I like seeing updates and when it comes out I will be one of the firsts in line to buy it, but I'm not like... dying over here or something if he takes his time

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

goons are mad because they've been burned by other indie projects so natch this one is going to take their money and be a huge letdown/never get released

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I want to be able to pay tens of thousands of dollars before the release of this game to get a pig that has lifetime insurance and will get replaced for free should it die.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I hope Stardew Valley never comes out because hardly anyone here deserves it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I can wait, I got other games I can play, and other games I'm impatiently looking forward to!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Anyone notice that Harvest Moon's next iteration is actually coming out for the PC?

Gonna laugh if it comes out first.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Jackard posted:

Dont understand the sudden harshness in the thread. this dude hasn't taken your money
It's curious because Stardew Valley has done absolutely nothing wrong, and quite deliberately avoided some common pitfalls. I think it's just habit for people now to poo poo on things.

Looks like it'll be a cool game. I'm glad to be reminded of how cool it's going to be it every few months when there's some new stuff to get excited about and entirely forget about it in the meantime.

The guy promised 2015 for sure back in January, but has since admitted that promises can only hurt and now is promising nothing beyond "when it's done", which is smart.

Gonna be a fun game.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 14, 2017

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Babby Sathanas posted:

I hope Stardew Valley never comes out because hardly anyone here deserves it.
I do, I deserve it.

Jesto posted:

Again, I think people are confusing playful ribbing for harshness. I don't think anyone here is legitimately mad about videogames.
Yup

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Jesto posted:

Again, I think people are confusing playful ribbing for harshness. I don't think anyone here is legitimately mad about videogames.

That looks like a step above RPGMaker, a terrible mobile port and I fear that if it comes out for PC before Stardew Valley it's only going to poison the well for farmsim games. Here's hoping SV comes out first and clowns them.

I'm in this boat too. The rune factories have been good but it's been a while since I've enjoyed a new Harvest moon release.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I mean, I would happily wait longer for the game if there's gonna be second-stage production, which I still haven't gotten a clear answer about. Can I make artisan cheese??? Can I knit wool into a variety of sweaters and scarves???

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I would like to farm eggs, flour and cows and combine them together to make a cake factory.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I could see people being actually mad at this for taking so long if they had paid money for a preorder or kickstarter or something, but I'm just kind of excitedly impatient. If it never came out I would just be disappointed and forget about it.

Wanna play dat game.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 30, 2015

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Jesto posted:

That looks like a step above RPGMaker, a terrible mobile port and I fear that if it comes out for PC before Stardew Valley it's only going to poison the well for farmsim games. Here's hoping SV comes out first and clowns them.

Just a note, the original developers of the Harvest Moon series recently left the company that owned the Harvest Moon name, so that's developed by an entirely new team. Which isn't always a bad thing, especially for a game like Harvest Moon that's gone on for a long time- new blood, new ideas, etc.

Unfortunately, the reality of it is...

(the actual Harvest Moon team is instead developing Story of Seasons. Which sadly being with Nintendo is not likely to come out on PC.)

The good news is, it's unlikely that game will poison any well because it's so low-effort most people probably won't notice it. We're past the days when literally every release got attention, for better or worse.

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

Babby Sathanas posted:

I hope Stardew Valley never comes out

you'll be the one satisfied person in this thread

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Still looking forward to this, but I got MSG and Fallout to play this year so I don't really mind delays

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

BlondRobin posted:

Just a note, the original developers of the Harvest Moon series recently left the company that owned the Harvest Moon name, so that's developed by an entirely new team. Which isn't always a bad thing, especially for a game like Harvest Moon that's gone on for a long time- new blood, new ideas, etc.

Unfortunately, the reality of it is...

(the actual Harvest Moon team is instead developing Story of Seasons. Which sadly being with Nintendo is not likely to come out on PC.)

The good news is, it's unlikely that game will poison any well because it's so low-effort most people probably won't notice it. We're past the days when literally every release got attention, for better or worse.

Story of Seasons is already out and a good game.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Chump Farts posted:

Story of Seasons is already out and a good game.

Not in Europe it isn't.
I don't think they've even announced a release date for the EU version.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

SubNat posted:

Not in Europe it isn't.
I don't think they've even announced a release date for the EU version.

lol it's like Rune Factory 4 all over again.

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011

Chantilly Say posted:

I mean, I would happily wait longer for the game if there's gonna be second-stage production, which I still haven't gotten a clear answer about. Can I make artisan cheese??? Can I knit wool into a variety of sweaters and scarves???

Yeah there's cheese and jam and whatever there's a bunch of screenshots with that stuff in and the example he had of the skill system had a skill that gives you a bonus to the value of artisan goods so.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Babby Sathanas posted:

lol it's like Rune Factory 4 all over again.

Also a good game. What did Europe do to make Marvelous hate you so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Chump Farts posted:

Also a good game. What did Europe do to make Marvelous hate you so?

I think someone involved with RF 4 went tits up?