Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've got a problem running Lonesome Road, it seems EDE-E won't follow me after I asked him to repair a weapon. Apparently this is a bug caused by the YUP patch. Any suggestions on how to get him working again?

EDIT: Never mind, I found a fix.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Alouicious posted:

yo i've started running into a weird issue where NPCs who are supposed to spawn with leather armor sometimes have no armor at all. no idea which mod is causing it, check my load order:

I have a suspicion it's GRA - Right to Bear Arms but have no idea WHY that mod would cause this problem

I have the same problem, considering GRA - Right to Bear Arms is one of the only mods of yours that overlaps with my list, I think you might be right on the money.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
GRA - Right to Bear Arms had a weird interaction with that LPAM outfit mod I threw together with another goon a while back. I remember that using the two mods together would cause a lot of NPCs to have multiple outfits in their inventory, and traced it back to a change that GRA - RtBA made to the leather armor leveled list (I think). Something about checking the box for calculating for all items in the leveled list, if I remember correctly.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Does the quick weapon swap perk apply to thrown explosives when using the grenade hot key in Project Nevada?

I'm having a blast turning this game into a run and gun experience and now I'm looking at the quick weapon swap perk and the one that increases accuracy while moving.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Back Hack posted:

I have the same problem, considering GRA - Right to Bear Arms is one of the only mods of yours that overlaps with my list, I think you might be right on the money.

I have the same issue; I assumed that GRA was looking for an armor file for them that was replaced (or did not exist) in my meshes. I am using the NMC meshes.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

cheesetriangles posted:

Ah I dunno I already fixed it though I just rejiggered things in mod organizer til it worked. Also I'm not sure what mod I installed let's me get an actual dog as a follower instead of a robot dog but I'm digging it. He is called guts and he helps me kill big horners.

I think it's an AI Chestbreach mod that adds Guts? I've been using him too along with Dogmeat, they're a good team.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

GRA - Right to Bear Arms had a weird interaction with that LPAM outfit mod I threw together with another goon a while back. I remember that using the two mods together would cause a lot of NPCs to have multiple outfits in their inventory, and traced it back to a change that GRA - RtBA made to the leather armor leveled list (I think). Something about checking the box for calculating for all items in the leveled list, if I remember correctly.

so is there any way to fix it or am i stuck with the Undies Patrol unless I uninstall RTBA?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I was way behind on this thread, just caught up but I noticed a few pages back people were talking about how inconvenient the TTW train station is. I made up this version of Lombard Station a little while back that has a hatch in the bathroom that fast travels you to a hatch in the junkyard in the capital wasteland. It needs the lombard station key to be opened, so you'll have to go to the Mojave once.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3m-Q_qzjxC2UnNnQVZwdm5LRXc&authuser=0

Edit: From my testing it seems like you can replace an existing Lombard Station with my Halfway Station, and all your stuff remains in place. Caveat emptor though.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
TTW dumb question, when I am putting the Fallout 3 NMC retextures in, am I putting these in my old F3 directory or tossing them right into the NV directory?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods out there that add sleeves to the basic combat armor?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there anything to do about load times increasing over time? 65 mods installed is probably the problem but I don't know if this is configurable in some way. And this is with TTW which I suspect is part of it.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Davoren posted:

I was way behind on this thread, just caught up but I noticed a few pages back people were talking about how inconvenient the TTW train station is. I made up this version of Lombard Station a little while back that has a hatch in the bathroom that fast travels you to a hatch in the junkyard in the capital wasteland. It needs the lombard station key to be opened, so you'll have to go to the Mojave once.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3m-Q_qzjxC2UnNnQVZwdm5LRXc&authuser=0

Edit: From my testing it seems like you can replace an existing Lombard Station with my Halfway Station, and all your stuff remains in place. Caveat emptor though.

Yes, thank you. I was looking for this a bit ago.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Winson_Paine posted:

TTW dumb question, when I am putting the Fallout 3 NMC retextures in, am I putting these in my old F3 directory or tossing them right into the NV directory?

Install NMC just like you would any other mod for New Vegas. Use a mod manager.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Winson_Paine posted:

Don't put anything in your FO3 directory (ever, for that matter). TTW isn't a FO3 mod, it's a NV mod that adds FO3.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
^^Might be related^^

I posted about trying to play FO3 (again) and FO:NV in the main thread, but this probably fits better here.

I've installed Mod Organizer (MO) in both game directories, both MO.exes are set to run as admin. Not sure if I even need the MO in the FO3 directory if running TWW (maybe I only need NV mods, then)? I see TTW being recommended, but I'm unsure of how to install it with MO. I would like that mod, as well as any other (best) 5, 10, or 15 mods for each game that you guys would recommend, so I don't go overboard, please. Not trusting Nexus' 15 top ones to be the best ones, so I'm asking you instead.

00.Mod Organizer
0.TWW
1.4GB Fallout New Vegas Updated
2.NVSE

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 29, 2015

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

MO doesn't need to be in your game install directory to work. I always put mine in some random spot outside of it.

Just setup MO with new vegas as normal, add in your extras like 4gb and nvse, then you can proceed with getting TTW working.

If TTW works fine, you can start throwing new vegas mods on top of it and making sure it doesn't crash, then add in any fallout 3 mods you want after that.

TTW has guides on load order, too.

But I enabled TTW on a already modded vegas install with no real issues other than switching up my weather mod settings.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Yeah, I just saw Gopher recommending putting it in the games' dir in some of his vids on the subject.

For example, I wanted to try out FWE for FO3, but it seems very extensive and I'm worried it will crash with something.

And even with FO3 mods as extensive as that, I will only ever start up the New Vegas MO (and can frankly just uninstall/delete the one in the FO3 dir)? I never need to boot up FO3 with MO?

vEdit: Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 29, 2015

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
What TTW does is take your Fallout 3 install and turn it into an archive you can then add to New Vegas. After you create the archive you can completely delete the Fallout 3 installation and it won't make any difference whatsoever. Think of TTW as just another mod you install rather than a separate game altogether.

As for mods to use with TTW you'll want to use New Vegas mods and not Fallout 3 mods unless the Fallout 3 mods have been converted to work with TTW. There's a section on the TTW forums for these mods.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

:pcgaming: if you have never modded new vegas or FO3 for a while I would absolutely not recommend starting with TTW + MO

You will fry your brain, your computer, or probably both.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Mortimer posted:

:pcgaming: if you have never modded new vegas or FO3 for a while I would absolutely not recommend starting with TTW + MO

You will fry your brain, your computer, or probably both.

I think I'll be alright, it doesn't seem that bad. I'm only going for whatever small QoL mods which are deemed essential, nothing too big cosmetic wise. As long as my playthrough is as stable as can be (still expect some crashes of course), I'm happy with close to vanilla.

So far:
- Uninstalled both MOs and cleaned up with CCleaner.
- Installed MO again, but it didn't ask me what game I wanted it to go through with this time around, and chose FO3 by default, so I uninstalled MO again.
- Installed MO once more, in the NV directory this time, boots up fine.
- Started up NV before adding 4GB, as per that mods' description.
- Copied 4GBs two files into the NV dir, ran it, seems like it worked fine.
- Copied the dll and exe files from NVSE (and only those, not sure if this is right?), and ran nvse_loader.exe, seems to work fine.
- Installed TWW to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TTW (edit: this is probably just the archive, I guess)
- Pile on some suggested QoL mods, I guess?

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 29, 2015

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Alouicious posted:

so is there any way to fix it or am i stuck with the Undies Patrol unless I uninstall RTBA?

Let me poke at it when I get home and see if I can remember what I did to fix my own problem. It could help you.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Downs Duck posted:

- Pile on some suggested QoL mods, I guess?

You should be running all exe's though MO. You didn't mention that you were, but just to make sure I'm telling you now.

-QoL vanilla feel mods: CASM, NVAC, NVSR
that's it, you're done.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Mortimer posted:

You should be running all exe's though MO. You didn't mention that you were, but just to make sure I'm telling you now.

-QoL vanilla feel mods: CASM, NVAC, NVSR
that's it, you're done.

drat. That I did not do.

- I unzipped the contents of 4GB, copied and ran the exe for it from the game dir
- Did the same with NVSE.

How hosed am I? Start over again?

Memories of modding Bethesda games - it's all coming back to me now.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Downs Duck posted:

drat. That I did not do.

- I unzipped the contents of 4GB, copied and ran the exe for it from the game dir
- Did the same with NVSE.

How hosed am I? Start over again?

Memories of modding Bethesda games - it's all coming back to me now.

no just add the exe's through MO

read the MO tutorial

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Alright. Watching MO part 4 by Gopher now, on adding the FOMODs, since the MO tutorial just mention that it is possible, but not how to actually do it.

Sorry for not being up to snuff on this btw, long time since I had any free time for reading up on/adding these things.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Downs Duck posted:

Alright. Watching MO part 4 by Gopher now, on adding the FOMODs, since the MO tutorial just mention that it is possible, but not how to actually do it.

Sorry for not being up to snuff on this btw, long time since I had any free time for reading up on/adding these things.

Downs Duck posted:

I think I'll be alright, it doesn't seem that bad.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Modding. Modding never changes.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
TTW is just another mod, for what that is worth. Take the archive it spits out and install it in Mod Organizer.

The only thing you'll need to change are the INI files to make it so you start in DC and don't bug out.

Also I usually put the Mod Organizer directory in the \GAME\ directory for whatever game I'm using, mostly for portability (being able to move the entire game folder + mods incredibly easily) also makes it easy to share game dirs with my brother if need be.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
RobCo Certified makes the game ridiculously unbalanced, but I'm loving every second of my robot death squad and don't care about difficulty. I'm likely going to pay for it in The Pitt, Operation: Anchorage and Dead Money, where I won't have access to the bots.

I even went and installed AWOP (the TTW edition for the capital wasteland) to give said robot death squad a challenge. I have to say that the FO3 version of AWOP is a bit better made than the New Vegas one, or at least doesn't feel as ridiculously out of place aside from stuff like the 400-ish DPS .308 Submachinegun.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Gyshall posted:

TTW is just another mod, for what that is worth. Take the archive it spits out and install it in Mod Organizer.

The only thing you'll need to change are the INI files to make it so you start in DC and don't bug out.

Also I usually put the Mod Organizer directory in the \GAME\ directory for whatever game I'm using, mostly for portability (being able to move the entire game folder + mods incredibly easily) also makes it easy to share game dirs with my brother if need be.

Currently at work, but I tried adding the TTW main fomod through MO last night, and got some messages about it not finding the DLC content, e.g. "Could not find [DLC name]" 5-6 consecutive times or so.

It's probably not meant to be installed through the top left button in MO, I guess. Will continue to watch and read the tut after work.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Downs Duck posted:

Currently at work, but I tried adding the TTW main fomod through MO last night, and got some messages about it not finding the DLC content, e.g. "Could not find [DLC name]" 5-6 consecutive times or so.

It's probably not meant to be installed through the top left button in MO, I guess. Will continue to watch and read the tut after work.

You might want to try disabling/enabling "FOMOD Support" in the MO options, since some FOMOD installers have had issues in the past with the MO mechanism.

I just installed TTW with no issues on the latest MO (1.3.x???)

e: But yeah, you can always just create a "Tale of Two Wastelands" folder in your MO Mods directory and copy the TTW contents there. Just remember to update your INI files thusly:

code:
SCharGenQuest = 001FFFF8
sIntroMovie = (yes this one is blank on purpose, it needs to be blank)
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 30, 2015

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm trying out RobCo Certified, but when I try to repair a protectron, I get a missing parts error. I know I'm not missing any parts because I have multiple scrap metals and fission batteries in my inventory, I have the perk to repair them as well. Is there some trick to repairing them or is it just bugged?

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Gyshall posted:

You might want to try disabling/enabling "FOMOD Support" in the MO options, since some FOMOD installers have had issues in the past with the MO mechanism.

I just installed TTW with no issues on the latest MO (1.3.x???)

e: But yeah, you can always just create a "Tale of Two Wastelands" folder in your MO Mods directory and copy the TTW contents there. Just remember to update your INI files thusly:

code:
SCharGenQuest = 001FFFF8
sIntroMovie = (yes this one is blank on purpose, it needs to be blank)
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1

Thanks.

I'm moving my Steam folder out of program files and to c:, starting over.

*pulls up sleeves*

vOh, Steam folder I'm just copying for sure, I meant the whole modding process.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 30, 2015

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Google the process, I was able to move my Steam installation to C: without having to re download anything.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Alright, getting there.

Small thing; wanted to check if the nvse is the correct version by way of the game console, but the tilde key does not work for me (norwegian keyboard layout). What Gopher is doing here, at 22:38: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP7I3TGG580

Looked it up here http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands and here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde and tried different combos to get it to work, but to no use. My tilde key has always been the same, the key above tab and to the left of 1, and working in every other game. Suggestions are welcome.

Edit: Increasing the iConsoleTextXPos variable to 1880 (double the default value) in the Fallout_default.ini file in the installation folder, to move the prompt further right into the field of view, did nothing either.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 30, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
do you have a media controller/remote plugged in? This includes software stuff like Unified Remote which is a long standing Gamebryo bug.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
So basically IIRC MO keeps all your mods seperate and throws them in your game directory virtually at launch. While this sounds awesome, it can cause issues with different mods detecting each other and break FOMOD scrips, which probably aren't configured to work with MO. So if it's checking for thing, MO has it in it's own directory while the script is checking your actual install directory.

FakeE: You'll know if the console is up, as it will pause the game and give you a regular cursor. No idea how to bring it up for your whacky norwegian keyboard tho.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Gyshall posted:

do you have a media controller/remote plugged in? This includes software stuff like Unified Remote which is a long standing Gamebryo bug.

Unplugged my Xbox360 controller, which fixed it, thanks!

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Will Using external EXE like script extender or 4GBthingy compromise steam achievements/overlay get me vac banned ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
No.