Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I AM BRAWW posted:

Its whatevs.. Are they making a new good metal gear ninja after this gay one?

they arent because konami is retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

SM64Guy posted:

they arent because konami is retarded

That is rly retarded... well... Hope the more subpar Metal Gear game choice comes out good still, and you guys enjoy it, I wont be playing it, and I'm letting you guys know this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They'll make a Metal Gear Rising pachinko game before they make MGR2

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I accidentally killed a POW.. I'm a POS

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

net cafe scandal posted:

I accidentally killed a POW.. I'm a POS

wtf dude.....

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

(Japanese voice) Hey, don't worry so much. I restarted, so it's ok.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do I kill this tank?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Grenades and plastic explosives don't seem to be working on this drat tank. Mines, then.. but I only have five.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I thought it was possible to tranq people in this game but MSX Snake uses only lethal force.. I must of killed hundreds of men and dozens of dogs by now. Doesn't seem right.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My brother made fun of me the first time I got to the sorrow in mgs3. "This is supposed to be a sneaking game". So now I try to use the tranq gun as much as I can

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
your brother is a good man

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

gently caress these gas rooms

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Use the gas mask Snake!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought it was possible to tranq people in this game but MSX Snake uses only lethal force.. I must of killed hundreds of men and dozens of dogs by now. Doesn't seem right.

You can use CQC to make people blink away but I think it's still lethal. Solid Snake just isn't as refined a soldier as Big Boss.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

You can use CQC to make people blink away but I think it's still lethal. Solid Snake just isn't as refined a soldier as Big Boss.

yeah just look at mgs1, a game about running up behind everyone and snapping their necks

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Use the gas mask Snake!

the avgn review lol

apropos to nothing posted:

your brother is a good man

he posts in gbs a lot now I think...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just beat Fire Trooper, so I'm done for tonight. I hope I have time to beat this tomorrow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I just beat Fire Trooper, so I'm done for tonight. I hope I have time to beat this tomorrow.

Congrats. I have only one more day to wait, and hopefully I can beat MG1/2 before Friday so I can dedicate the holiday weekend to playing hella MGS games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it ink i'm still going to do chronological, i kind of want to get mgs3 out of the way early because i've played it through so many timnes. it's pretty much perfect but i don't think i could make myself do it halfway through

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ground zeroes just froze my ps4

just checked none of the mgs games are on ps now

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 30, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought legacy or HD was on there??

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im gonna start this early because school starts in a week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah MGS4 and the MG HD Collection were taken down because the Dualshock 4 does not have pressure sensitive buttons and didn't pass the functionality test criteria from the publisher end. That's cool

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Ah MGS4 and the MG HD Collection were taken down because the Dualshock 4 does not have pressure sensitive buttons and didn't pass the functionality test criteria from the publisher end. That's cool

my ps3 controllers are busted so i was gonna use ps4!!! gently caress!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me too but this puts a real snag in that plan. I still have a DS3, just going back to that controller...woof. It feels like a piece of cheap plastic after using the DS4 so much.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

it totally does, i have no choice though unless i want to spend 60 loving dfollars on another controller i guess

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i beat original mgs3 with a chinese knockoff ps2 controller that you couldnt aim and had no pressure sensitivity, so maybe i can still do it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Me too but this puts a real snag in that plan. I still have a DS3, just going back to that controller...woof. It feels like a piece of cheap plastic after using the DS4 so much.

Yeah the DS3 controller feels like a plastic easter egg. I was playing Arkham Knight on my friends Xbox One and I think thats got to be the most luxurious controller.. hardly even compares.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
has someone got da fwiggin black baby goku an unban cert yet so he can enjoy MGS July with us

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
*calling NickRoweFillea's mom on the phone* Hello ma'am. Please allow your son to purchase an unban for Black Baby Goku on the Something Awful Forusm.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope I have time to play all the Metal Gears, Demons Souls, Dragons Dogma, and God Hand before this guy starts asking for his PS3 back.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think I can definitely knock out all the Metal Gears this July. If I skip Portable Ops and save the GZ side ops / Rising DLC for later, I should be able to finish at least one of the other three during August. I think I have to give the dudes PS3 back after that.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I think I can definitely knock out all the Metal Gears this July. If I skip Portable Ops and save the GZ side ops / Rising DLC for later, I should be able to finish at least one of the other three during August. I think I have to give the dudes PS3 back after that.

rising dlc is like an hour each so just knock those out too

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok, I'll cap off MGS4, the last game in my play order, with the rising DLC. I realized I can emulate God Hand so I think I'll play Dragons Dogma during August while I digest the entirety of Metal Gear. Does that sound cool with you guys.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
It's good. Very smart plan.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I'm going to stream my efforts

I wanted to say I'm excited about this but I may be too busy gaming to watch it much.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Why are PS3 controllers so expensive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Ok, I'll cap off MGS4, the last game in my play order, with the rising DLC. I realized I can emulate God Hand so I think I'll play Dragons Dogma during August while I digest the entirety of Metal Gear. Does that sound cool with you guys.

I approve.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fair warning though, trying to play God Hand after you've played any Platinum game will make it unbearable, because of bad the controls are and how godawful the camera is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah I really enjoyed god hand when I first played it but that was like 7 or 8 years ago and I doubt the camera and controls have aged all that well

• Locked thread