Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005

Though I plan on giving it away as soon as it's ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Shiny and chrome.

(I was this close to getting a custom chrome silver frame for it but it would've been pretty garish)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Shiny and chrome.

(I was this close to getting a custom chrome silver frame for it but it would've been pretty garish)

If the poster/painting/whatever is good, never go with a shiny frame.

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

Got them for just over 20% off during an end of financial year sale. Pretty happy with them.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Not sure what ever happened to the 'Recommend me' thread, so I'll ask in here.

Looking for a music solution for my bedroom, I have a cheap 2.1 speaker setup, but not sure what to hook up to it. It uses regular analog/rca connetions

I don't use apple devices aside from Apple TV which is in the living room, what is the cheapest option here?

Content:

For smucking balls against stuff

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 11:46 on Jun 30, 2015

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

Not sure what ever happened to the 'Recommend me' thread, so I'll ask in here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684302&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:neckbeard:

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

Boos Blocks 46 x 31 x 4 cm maple cutting board. It's gorgeous. I swear it makes my whole kitchen look better.

david duchovny
Dec 25, 2009

KilroyWasHere posted:

Though I plan on giving it away as soon as it's ready.

Congratulations! :3

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Nothing tangible, but the wife and I just paid off every debt we had besides our house. Almost 30k worth. Kinda feels unreal right now.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Congratulations! It'll be very tangible in the next few weeks as you get more paychecks.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

rotaryfun posted:

Congratulations! It'll be very tangible in the next few weeks as you get more paychecks.

Thanks! I'll probably be contributing to this thread with actual stuff after we figure out what to do next.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Bought these bluetooth headphones because I like On Ear vs. In Ear, and wanted to try an over-the-head band. I need sweat-resistance, phone calls, and pairing with multiple devices at once so I can hear my phone ring in the other room if I'm watching on my laptop.

They suck rear end - I'm returning them. To stay on, they have to squeeze your head like The Mountain. Even then, they don't stay on all that great, and the sound quality is nothing near what the price would suggest.

I'm going back to my first and one true love:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

hamsystem posted:

Thanks! I'll probably be contributing to this thread with actual stuff after we figure out what to do next.

Start making larger payments on your house to get that sucker paid off too.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Trastion posted:

Start making larger payments on your house to get that sucker paid off too.

That's the plan. Anything we buy for ourselves right now will probably be pretty insignificant. Although we're doing a big vacation next year, so we'll be saving for that too.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

blarzgh posted:

They suck rear end - I'm returning them. To stay on, they have to squeeze your head like The Mountain. Even then, they don't stay on all that great, and the sound quality is nothing near what the price would suggest.

I got these a few years ago for about the same scenario as what you described and I 100% agree. Can't wear them for more than 20 minutes without getting a massive headache, the sound quality is poor, and noise cancelling is almost nonexistent. I was in denial about what a lovely purchase it was for long enough that I was unable to return them, but at least you can still get your money back. Do not buy these, guys :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

blarzgh posted:

Bought these bluetooth headphones because I like On Ear vs. In Ear, and wanted to try an over-the-head band. I need sweat-resistance, phone calls, and pairing with multiple devices at once so I can hear my phone ring in the other room if I'm watching on my laptop.

They're like a cheaper, shitter B&O Form 2 rip off.

I do prefer the older design though, these are about 27 years old by this point.

Also never buy on ear headphones, they're almost universally poo poo.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Just to be clear, I'm perfectly satisfied with my MiiSport on-ear bluetooth headphones:

They're perfectly serviceable, and I got my current pair 2 years ago on Groupon for like $19. I wear them biking, running, at the gym, working in the yard (you can't hear them over the lawnmower though) and they still work fine after all that grody sweat and physical abuse. The battery lasts for 5 - 8 hours of listening time, and will stay charged for days if you just leave them on laying around the house somewhere.

Really my biggest complaint is they don't automatically connect to my laptop when I open it, the mic is on the front of one of the ear pieces, so if there is any wind at all people can't hear a word you're saying, and (this is really why) when I ride away from the house with them on, if they were connected to something in the house (laptop, tablet) then they will cut in and say, "out of range" every 6 seconds for loving eternity and you have to stop and turn them off and turn them back on again to get them to shut the gently caress up about it. Lastly, when they're connected to something thats streaming a show, occasionally the audio will get behind the video.

They're comfortable for less than 5 hours of wear time, they charge quickly and on any USB 2.0 cable/charger you have laying around the house. For being active, listening to music they're perfect - they fall just short of being a full sort of mulit-media bluetooth headphone in addition to that. I really would recommend them though, I was just looking for something that did everything they do, and then some.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Now I can cook everything in lard.

also:

The part with the high front including garage. Housing is expensive over here and we got ourselves a bargain.

Shitload of stuff for the house, highlight:

What can I say, my wife is into IKEA, I am into Bosch. We also got fiber installed, no picture, sorry.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Keetron posted:

Now I can cook everything in lard.

You do know bacon fat comes free with bacon, right?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You do know bacon fat comes free with bacon, right?

I bet this stays fresh a lot longer, so I can see it being useful for cooking with a little grease on a whim.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Also for when there's a dog, running around in the air ducts.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Toast Museum posted:

I bet this stays fresh a lot longer, so I can see it being useful for cooking with a little grease on a whim.

Just strain (or not if you don't mind the chunks)it into an aluminum soup can when its hot and store it in the freezer. It doesn't freeze solid and you can use a spoon to scoop out what you need. You can even do different cans for different flavors of bacon if needed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The good bacon fat has little flecks of flesh in it.

screamname
Apr 6, 2015

Pick posted:

The good bacon fat has little flecks of flesh in it.

Ummmm bacon scraps :hb:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toast Museum posted:

Why would it stay fresh longer? It's not like you can cold press bacon fat or anything. The rendering process isn't going to be much different from how you cook it at home. Just strain it, then keep it away from the 3 things that cause any fat to degrade: Oxygen, heat and light.

screamname
Apr 6, 2015

Why would it stay fresh longer? It's not like you can cold press bacon fat or anything. The rendering process isn't going to be much different from how you cook it at home. Just strain it, then keep it away from the 3 things that cause any fat to degrade: Oxygen, heat and light.

Aren't we advised not to reuse fat once it has been heated to a high temperature?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

screamname posted:

Aren't we advised not to reuse fat once it has been heated to a high temperature?

Yeah, if you heat bacon fat (or any fat) too high, it will break down and taste awful (bitter, mainly). Normal bacon cooking temps should be fine though. If you do you bacon in the oven, you're probably cooking it to 375f max, which will give you perfectly usable fat. As long as it doesn't smoke when cooking the bacon it should be good to use.

My grandparents used to keep it in container made for it (had a built in strainer) above the stove. I wouldn't recommend that, but it will keep for a long time in an opaque airtight container in the fridge.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

I assume they strain it more thoroughly than someone doing it at home is likely to. Don't those impurities contribute to it going rancid?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Should be here Friday. I can't wait! :dance:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Here's the ultimate animal fat straining/storage solution - The grease keeper - http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-Stoneware-Grease-Keeper-Black/dp/B0017U5DZY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1435787989&sr=8-3&keywords=bacon+fat

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toast Museum posted:

I assume they strain it more thoroughly than someone doing it at home is likely to. Don't those impurities contribute to it going rancid?

Yeah, fair enough. So I mean I guess you're right that the jar stuff would last longer, but the shelf life of home collected stuff is really long as it is as long as you treat it right (including straining it well)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

:captainpop: beautiful

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

You're gonna need some wheels and poo poo, guy.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

spudsbuckley posted:

You're gonna need some wheels and poo poo, guy.

Wish I hand't spent all my money on the frame. :shepspends:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Bought some new glass for my 6D.

Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art

Canon 17-40 f4L

Putting these to use shooting the Warped Tour stop in Orlando on Sunday.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought a shirt

And a blanket

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The first vacuum cleaner I bought was a tiny Bosch. It sucked the plastic mat off my vestibule floor.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

Keetron posted:

also:

The part with the high front including garage. Housing is expensive over here and we got ourselves a bargain.

This house is cool and good. Congrats! It's cheating what with the yellow licence plates in the picture, but that architecture screams you're in the Netherlands, right?

I also bought a house recently. It was a good move because in the week we signed the new mortgage and sold our apartment we found out we have a baby on the way. It's been a few months and we're fully settled in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheres Wallace
May 5, 2009

:) keep on keepin' on :)
Kask Vertigo 2.0