Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
loving Bill Weber in the pits. What ever happened to that little weasel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Harry J posted:

loving Bill Weber in the pits. What ever happened to that little weasel?

Isn't he a magician in Florida or some poo poo?

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

What's all this rhubarb about confederate flags? Is nascar really gonna kick people out of races for bringing 'em? :suspense:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poopzilla posted:

What's all this rhubarb about confederate flags? Is nascar really gonna kick people out of races for bringing 'em? :suspense:

this would be the best thing nascar has done in like a decade

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Cubey posted:

this would be the best thing nascar has done in like a decade

:agreed:

but people aint gonna like it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://jeffgluck.com/your-turn-readers-chime-in-on-confederate-flag-controversy/

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poopzilla posted:

:agreed:

but people aint gonna like it

this is precisely the reason it'd be the best thing nascar has done in like a decade

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Taking a look at this race on NBCSN. Remember when NASCAR thought the Chase would organically bring about this type of season finale action every year? :allears:

This is hard to watch because this was entertaining.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

they should rename one of the kansas races to the john brown 400

and the atlanta race the sherman 500

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Take their flags, take their guns, and let's loving take their pants while we're at it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I get the feeling people who really love the Confederate flag as a symbol are going to be more motivated than ever to fly it this weekend. I'm expecting more than usual to be easily visible in the Daytona infield.

I also can't wait to see the number of people who see this as "the final straw" in terms of their support of NASCAR. "Gaw drat NASCAR terk our races away, now they're gonna terk er flag WELL THAT TEARS IT!" :allears:

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Cubey posted:

nice

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Cubey posted:

Well if we can't sponsor a car lets sponsor a race.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I get the feeling people who really love the Confederate flag as a symbol are going to be more motivated than ever to fly it this weekend. I'm expecting more than usual to be easily visible in the Daytona infield.

I also can't wait to see the number of people who see this as "the final straw" in terms of their support of NASCAR. "Gaw drat NASCAR terk our races away, now they're gonna terk er flag WELL THAT TEARS IT!" :allears:

Oh they've gone ape poo poo last week saying that and getting pissed off at Dale Jr. Like someone said he was history. Thanks NASCAR, you have a lovely racing package but drat it you know how to rile up your fans well.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

my selfish goal in this is to piss off some oval track owners (dont care where) and get more road courses. thats probably stretching logic, but its good to dream and at least i have rednecks to laugh at while i wait in vain.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

seriously, nascar on road courses owns. but they dont do it because ?????

no, i know why. dont get all worked up

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

1.5 milers are good when the cars don't suck

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Ungratek posted:

And aren't costantly repaved. Look at racing at Michigan vs. California for a good comparison.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

NBCSN apparently has races beyond the four 7pm starts promoted on Twitter. The 2003 Ford 400 is on now. The 2005 Brickyard 400 is tomorrow at 9pm, 2004 Brickyard Wednesday, and the 2004 Daytona 500 Thursday. All times Eastern.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Ungratek posted:

Yeah they were not terrible in the pre-COT car.

poopzilla posted:

my selfish goal in this is to piss off some oval track owners (dont care where) and get more road courses. thats probably stretching logic, but its good to dream and at least i have rednecks to laugh at while i wait in vain.

I've always felt it would be best for NASCAR to designate the Trucks for short track, and to kill off Nationwide, then revive/jumpstart the Trans Am series.

Then just have it be that you can win the title by competing/winning x-amount of races in x-amount of series.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

the Trans Am series.

Well they pretty much do have that. Continental Tire Series. Trans-Am as it is, is now just a pro-am series buying cheap tube frame cars from the top end of the Trans-Am from the 90s to old Goody's Dash or whatever now dead series still running stock cars. The SCCA's cash pony now is World Challenge that took over the top flight series for SCCA.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Reminds me of some of the facebook groups I'm in. Any week now is the final straw.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cubey posted:

as a descendent of John Brown I approve

if you wanna drive a southerner nuts, just ask him exactly what rights the federal government was trampling on if it wasn't the right to own human beings as property, or tell them that your heritage flew the stars and stripes and on this 4th of July you won't be flying the flag of insurrection

most southerners that care are so wrapped up in ARE TROOPS that the dichotomy makes their heads asplode

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

So Gordon hinted a bit ago of maybe the rainbow warriors scheme coming back. In Bristol that scheme is coming back.

e: Oh and because of the SCOTUS ruling last week couple more NASCAR fans are thinking this is a very interesting scheme to bring out now. I'd laugh if they did push up revealing this car now because of it, but most likely scheduled. Oh and dumb NASCAR fans forgot that Dupont Automotive Refinishes became Axalta.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 30, 2015

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

That car better end up in victory lane

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Frankly he should've just ran that the whole year

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

BMB5150 posted:

So Gordon hinted a bit ago of maybe the rainbow warriors scheme coming back. In Bristol that scheme is coming back.

e: Oh and because of the SCOTUS ruling last week couple more NASCAR fans are thinking this is a very interesting scheme to bring out now. I'd laugh if they did push up revealing this car now because of it, but most likely scheduled. Oh and dumb NASCAR fans forgot that Dupont Automotive Refinishes became Axalta.

He really should've busted out the rainbow warriors scheme at Sonoma. Would've been perfect.

E:

kidcoelacanth posted:

Frankly he should've just ran that the whole year

Also this.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hope they fix the shades of blue on the actual car.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That car will look nice all mangled up and towed back to the garage.

Also, we've already seen Jeff Gordon's last win.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
for Gordon's last race they should run the gently caress out of a cheater car

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I'm mad that after they spent 85 gazillion dollars promoting Jurassic World we didn't manage to get another T-Rex car.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

mearn posted:

I'm mad that after they spent 85 gazillion dollars promoting Jurassic World we didn't manage to get another T-Rex car.

Me too. There's so many classic schemes to run, don't know why they haven't.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

L_Harrison posted:

That car will look nice all mangled up and towed back to the garage.

Also, we've already seen Jeff Gordon's last win.

He'll win at Phoenix.

Book it.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

He'll win at Phoenix.

Book it.

Problem is he's going to have to get in first and that's dicey at the moment.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

BMB5150 posted:

Problem is he's going to have to get in first and that's dicey at the moment.

He doesn't need to be in the chase to win a race :eng101:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

mearn posted:

the problem is that despite 20 years of advancements, all the trick poo poo they tried for a new T-Rex still came out looking obviously doctored

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I doubt we're getting 16 winners this year. Technically, with regard to Chase eligibility, we're still at 10.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Back to flag talk (because gently caress gordon) I have never met a southerner with a confederate flag. My family is from rural alabama and call people the n word when they get cut off in traffic and even they know better.

edit: I see more confederate flags in union state Indiana than I ever saw in Georgia/NC/Alabama.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 30, 2015

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Peanut President posted:

Back to flag talk (because gently caress gordon) I have never met a southerner with a confederate flag. My family is from rural alabama and call people the n word when they get cut off in traffic and even they know better.

All the dumb idiot fake rednecks around here fly them on the back of their trucks.

They're pretty stupid.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A neighbor's son, who's about 19 or so, drives a raised pickup truck and for a long while had a Confederate flag front plate and a "HERITAGE NOT HATE" sunshade thing.

We live in a Philly suburb and I know for a fact he was born and raised here. This is very much not the south. I've lived in the south.

Luckily he wised up and about a month or two ago I noticed he removed all of it, well before all this recent news.

Also I feel if you have to have a disclaimer for your flag, something's not right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I've asked a bunch of people who are crying about the flag getting poo poo on, and none have given me a good answer yet.

They claim that the war was started over "State's Rights" and not slavery, and when pressed, cannot give a single, solitary example of what rights the Federal government infringed upon outside of the right to own human beings as property. Then they tell me to crack a history book, because being related to John Brown means I was never interested in the Civil War and haven't read literally dozens of books on the subject.

They have me doubting the reasons why my school put me in Advanced Placement US History, Economics and World History.

• Locked thread