Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Someone want to go store heisting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

UserErr0r posted:

This can be fixed by having two helicopters, each with a pilot and 1 gunner, but then they risk colliding into each other.

I don't see the problem here.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Cops versus Crooks sounds fun...I am definitely in if PS4 does it.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

UserErr0r posted:

It didn't work though.

The gunners on the side of the helicopter have a limited angle they can shoot. The pilot has to fly alongside the robber, not behind, but then it becomes really hard to predict if they're going to turn.
When one gunner has a shot of the car, the guy on the other side of the helicopter has no shot at all. This can be fixed by having two helicopters, each with a pilot and 1 gunner, but then they risk colliding into each other.

Definitely agree about one gunner per chopper, but I think it was after you left we found a frogger? They have a wider angle and no giant useless miniguns blocking the best shots compared to the annhilator. We also tried ditching sniping and took on the car with a full auto combat MG, tophats lasted about 15 seconds (heh).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mother of God, I found a Daemon in the wild. Just rolling down the desert highway, all shiny and chrome. Well, it is now, anyway. Goddamn.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Ripper Swarm posted:

Definitely agree about one gunner per chopper, but I think it was after you left we found a frogger? They have a wider angle and no giant useless miniguns blocking the best shots compared to the annhilator. We also tried ditching sniping and took on the car with a full auto combat MG, tophats lasted about 15 seconds (heh).

I was the pilot who carefully flew to the side of the car to give you a good shot

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Okay. We have Snakes in a can, Dunatis Ishmael, and Juxtaposed Shoe.

There's no reason why we have to do this in one go, and between your timezones and availability, we probably can't. The only semi reasonable time on weekdays is 10pm in GMT+10, which is 8pm for me, and 6am for Dunatis, but I can't see that working.

However, if you guys have good availability on Saturday morning (for me, Snakes and Shoe) and Friday night (for Dunatis) it might work. 8am for GMT+10 is 6am for me, and 4pm for Dunatis. I have work in the afternoon, but we should be able to do a huge chunk in the time available, then clean up the rest on Saturday/Sunday, or next weekend.

Is Fri/Sat okay for you guys?

DenizenKane fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 30, 2015

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

UserErr0r posted:

I was the pilot who carefully flew to the side of the car to give you a good shot

I'm bad with names ok?? :saddowns:

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe

DenizenKane posted:

Okay. We have Snakes in a can, Dunatis Ishmael, and Juxtaposed Shoe.

There's no reason why we have to do this in one go, and between your timezones and availability, we probably can't. The only semi reasonable time on weekdays is 10pm in GMT+10, which is 8pm for me, and 6am for Dunatis, but I can't see that working.

However, if you guys have good availability on Saturday morning (for me, Snakes and Shoe) and Friday night (for Dunatis) it might work. 8am for GMT+10 is 6am for me, and 4pm for Dunatis. I have work in the afternoon, but we should be able to do a huge chunk in the time available, then clean up the rest on Saturday/Sunday, or next weekend.

Is Fri/Sat okay for you guys?

Should work for me.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

SplitSoul posted:

Mother of God, I found a Daemon in the wild. Just rolling down the desert highway, all shiny and chrome. Well, it is now, anyway. Goddamn.

RIDE ETERNAL UPON THE GENITALS OF THOSE WHO WOULD OPPOSE YOU

It's no Zombie, but the Bagger can be pretty fun.

Also fun is invincibility, infinite ammo, and molotovs. Molotovs could stand to be stronger, though. Or at least have a chance to set vehicle occupants on fire. I remember crashing into cars with smoking NPCs inside in GTA4. Those were a rare treat :supaburn:

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Dunatis Ishmael posted:

Should work for me.

Dunatis Ishmael is confirmed for 3rd of June at 2200 hours GMT

DenizenKane fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 30, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Anyone fancy trading race wins this weekend on the prison lap? I have something in the region of 43 race wins to unlock everything, so I was thinking of putting on a film and getting the whole lot out of the way (or a bunch, anyway).

Yeah, I don't really do races.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 30, 2015

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Anyone fancy trading race wins this weekend on the prison lap? I have something in the region of 43 race wins to unlock everything, so I was thinking of putting on a film and getting the whole lot out of the way (or a bunch, anyway).

Yeah, I don't really do races.

What system?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Urgh, trying to find people to run heists with is a real pain in the arse.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

orcane posted:

What system?

Oh, sorry. PC, and I'm in the UK to give you an idea of time zones.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's time for another update...the Brawler, she was made for me

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52458/ill-gotten-gains-update-part-two-coming-to-gta-online-next-week

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Hexenritter posted:

Urgh, trying to find people to run heists with is a real pain in the arse.

System and time zone?

Rockstar have put out details of the Ill Gotten Gains: part 2 update. Doesn't look like new properties are coming after all. It's more clothes, a motorbike, a boat and some cars, including a Coil off-road car, which looks pretty cool. They're also putting out the Ungrateful Colonials Day items, with reduced prices.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153400520405097.1073741864.51752540096&type=3

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 30, 2015

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Anime_Otaku posted:

System and time zone?

Yeah I should have included that. I'm on PC, in the Central US (GMT-6) time zone, and here's my RSC.

That Coil Brawler does look rather slick, but I wish they'd give us multi-storey, >10 slot garage or additional property options.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 30, 2015

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I can only hope that new car is faster than the Osiris just to gently caress with everyone who bought one for races.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I forgot to mention them but Kuckledusters and the Marksman Pistol look good. Though the pistol is single shot, I guess it'll be a bit like the musket.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

What the gently caress is that :eyepop:

Looks like a rally fighter of sorts

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

What the gently caress is that :eyepop:

Off road coil

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
My contribution to the aborted Cops and Robbers attempt was finally learning how to flip the bird, and holding that button down for about ten minutes straight.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So when is the update launching? I've heard 6th, 8th, and 10th! I've kept 12 million in reserve.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
On Facebook they said the 8th for the update and an event from the 10th.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

New update sounds kinda meh. Probably only buy the offroader and the supercar. At least no gold aircraft this time, but at the same time missed opportunity for golden boat.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Anime_Otaku posted:

On Facebook they said the 8th for the update and an event from the 10th.

A week? drat. I was expecting like July 2nd.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Too bad boats are pretty much useless in GTA5. There's no huge bodies of water separating islands like there were in GTA3/VC/SA/4. There's the Alamo Sea, but everyone just drives around it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
:raise: the motorcycle is straight out of Dredd.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

UserErr0r posted:

Too bad boats are pretty much useless in GTA5. There's no huge bodies of water separating islands like there were in GTA3/VC/SA/4. There's the Alamo Sea, but everyone just drives around it.

What we really need is an amphibious Kalahari

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Can't believe they won't add new apartments for an update about luxuriously spending stolen money.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

UserErr0r posted:

There's as much point to it as an airplane you can sit 6-wide watching video game models sitting and moving a thing to their mouth.

My buds and I love taking a sailboat out to sea, aimlessly. It's a good place to hang and chill and watch while you're busy chain smoking or rolling one up and you don't need a pilot who is just going to yell at you for shooting his windows out.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Fat Care-Bear posted:

Can't believe they won't add new apartments for an update about luxuriously spending stolen money.

I filled up my third garage the day that update released. I don't see why we can't purchase all the apartments straight off or even get an extra apartment slot at certain levels which would actually give me a reason to want to continue levelling up.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

There's as much point to it as an airplane you can sit 6-wide watching video game models sitting and moving a thing to their mouth.

My buds and I love taking a sailboat out to sea, aimlessly. It's a good place to hang and chill and watch while you're busy chain smoking or rolling one up and you don't need a pilot who is just going to yell at you for shooting his windows out.

STOP SHOOTING THE loving WINDOWS OUT, IT'S VERY ANNOYING.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh, sorry. PC, and I'm in the UK to give you an idea of time zones.

Add astronominex (one hour ahead of you) and just holler if you want to trade some races, I'll need to get some upgrades on my main, back when I traded wins with Brock I was apparently on my alt :haw:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
But I'm so booooooooooooooooooooored and the guy at my table keeps hogging the booze :mad:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Anime_Otaku posted:

System and time zone?

Rockstar have put out details of the Ill Gotten Gains: part 2 update. Doesn't look like new properties are coming after all. It's more clothes, a motorbike, a boat and some cars, including a Coil off-road car, which looks pretty cool. They're also putting out the Ungrateful Colonials Day items, with reduced prices.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153400520405097.1073741864.51752540096&type=3

boo that's lame the only thing I'm excited about is the coil off-road I was hoping rock* would add the rally fighter to the game it's totes cool and I hope you can tear poo poo up real good with it

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Woah a new car manufacturer. Also gently caress yeah an NM4.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Awesome, done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

circ dick soleil posted:

Woah a new car manufacturer. Also gently caress yeah an NM4.

It is not a new manufacturer. Coil makes the Voltic currently in the game.

• Locked thread