Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also visitors are nice because I love to entertain and am lonely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
as a miller I always have fresh flour. I like to pour it all over the floor, lay in it and make flour angels on the floor, then sweep it all up and make delicious baked goods like baked flour, or steamed flour or fried flour

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JakeP posted:

I just realized it and decided to point it out. I feel that pointing out that I am easily confirmable as town or a liar is good information for y'all to have, and I like to share and be polite

It would be weird but you could also be a scum pgo -which you would find hilarious if you could trick half of the game to suicide on you night one.

I mean, it's super unlikely but I'm fairly paranoid about crazy roles in a game like this! You're probably what you say you are though. Town you would say this stuff.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

It would be weird but you could also be a scum pgo -which you would find hilarious if you could trick half of the game to suicide on you night one.

I mean, it's super unlikely but I'm fairly paranoid about crazy roles in a game like this! You're probably what you say you are though. Town you would say this stuff.

i had the same exact thought re: pgo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

apostateCourier posted:

I think even if I was a town PGO I would find that hilarious, because it would be!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

Okay. King, you scum? Also Jake why bring that up? To draw visitors? There was a good chance you'd get rolecopped anyway.

Nope.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

JakeP posted:

I think even if I was a town PGO I would find that hilarious, because it would be!

Oh. Right. My brain just went liar=scum so I completely missed that possibility.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im not a pgo though just acknowledging that yes that would be hilarious, ples rolecop me 2 confirm

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
You people are WEIRD.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

OmegaGoo posted:

You people are WEIRD.

hmm?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
thanks

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

It's my standard response to "I'm confused, but entertained". Therefore, you people are WEIRD.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OmegaGoo posted:

You people are WEIRD.

:greencube:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
heres me

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

heres me

So you are actually a death Miller?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm a death tracker. I track people to their death.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GulagDolls posted:

I'm a death tracker. I track people to their death.

i'm confirmed town masons with gulag

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

JakeP posted:

What's a PGO?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Paranoid gun owner. Anyone that visits dies.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

It's been awhile since I have played, what is the advantage to claiming miller right out the gate?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roydrowsy posted:

It's been awhile since I have played, what is the advantage to claiming miller right out the gate?

one way of dealing with a bad situation - it's vaguely more credible than popping up with "i'm a miller" if you get investigated as scum. emphasis on vaguely.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't like JakeP's miller claim as being a confirmed town role because

jon joe posted:

This game's roles are specifically designed to upset your assumptions of your results, however. Do not put too much stock in your Rolecop or Tracker results as they apply to standard mafia logic.

This implies that there could easily be like, a scum miller.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I don't like JakeP's miller claim as being a confirmed town role because

This implies that there could easily be like, a scum miller.

isn't that a godfather by any other name

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

isn't that a godfather by any other name

Miller is just "investigates as scum", so a scum miller would a scum player who investigates as scum. Given the number of rolecops (everybody is a rolecop) vs the number of regular cops (not everybody is a regular cop), millers and godfathers are more likely to be rolecopped than regular copped. I think JJ putting a scum player that was a miller would be pretty clever and this is a bit of mod meta but is actually exactly the sort of thing I expect from him.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we have to lynch jakep today . no way around it

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

we have to lynch jakep today . no way around it

I could get behind this.

Then again, with no information to go on, I could get behind a lynch that is anybody but me, but I'm sure everyone feels the same way.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

OmegaGoo posted:

I could get behind this.

Then again, with no information to go on, I could get behind a lynch that is anybody but me, but I'm sure everyone feels the same way.

##vote OmegaGoo

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Miller is just "investigates as scum", so a scum miller would a scum player who investigates as scum. Given the number of rolecops (everybody is a rolecop) vs the number of regular cops (not everybody is a regular cop), millers and godfathers are more likely to be rolecopped than regular copped. I think JJ putting a scum player that was a miller would be pretty clever and this is a bit of mod meta but is actually exactly the sort of thing I expect from him.

If I was a scum miller I would mostly troll the game about how stupid it is because a miller is a town player who investigates as scum.

To make a scum miller would be like making a town cop whose power is to target a player every night and prevent them from being NKed.

Sure its possible, but it would be hella stupid

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I'm doing a good job of making myself look like scum, aren't I?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I do think some idiot mod tried to do scum miller before though and he should be forever shamed for it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

OmegaGoo posted:

I'm doing a good job of making myself look like scum, aren't I?

:justpost:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote jakep obviojus bad guy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JakeP posted:

To make a scum miller would be like making a town cop whose power is to target a player every night and prevent them from being NKed.

this doesn't follow at all

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Foo posted:

this doesn't follow at all

sure it does. A miller is a town player who investigates as scum. To make a scum miller is already going against what a miller is, so I compared it to making a town cop that isn't actually a cop but a doctor called a cop

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like would you say that a godfather is a player who investigates as town, so therefore all vanilla town are godfathers? no of course not, its the same thing with miller just reversed alignments

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JakeP posted:

sure it does. A miller is a town player who investigates as scum. To make a scum miller is already going against what a miller is, so I compared it to making a town cop that isn't actually a cop but a doctor called a cop

your comparison is bad and you should feel bad

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

JakeP posted:

like would you say that a godfather is a player who investigates as town, so therefore all vanilla town are godfathers? no of course not, its the same thing with miller just reversed alignments

:shibe:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Foo posted:

your comparison is bad and you should feel bad

its not, and you should feel bad for not being inteligent enough to understand it, but again you lack the inteligence to have these feelings

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

eh i think MMM got a decent explanation, it's a role and effect that doesn't actually do anything, but it does appear to investigations that can see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
MMM was wrong in saying a miller is a role that investigates as scum, it is specifically a town role that investigates as scum as the miller makes flour for the towns people

• Locked thread