Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and ignored. I just don't see what you offer me anymore. You're in good company with Harold Krell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Because I know you'll turn off ignore to read this post, I'll suggest that maybe melting down when someone tells you not to be an rear end in a top hat who throws around personal insults speaks more to you than that person.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Met posted:

I'm not interested in playing with you. I'm just going to replace out. Sorry about that, guys.
MMM won't let you do that, he'll just kill you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

so fluck whaddaya think

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

The Rules posted:

Don't go against the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is inviting and fun.
Be nice!
:chillpill:

sooo everyone stop fighting and taste stop being a dick please and met don't quit

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Taste, even I have to say that it's getting to be a a bit much.

You have 18 of the 40 posts on page 20 and 24 of the 40 posts on page 19.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

sooo everyone stop fighting and taste stop being a dick please and met don't quit

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??

I don't know how you can read that exchange and think i'm being a dick

TMMadman posted:

Taste, even I have to say that it's getting to be a a bit much.

You have 18 of the 40 posts on page 20 and 24 of the 40 posts on page 19.

So... I'm posting too much... and that's bad because...

Use the time allocated to counting posts more productively

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

anyway I am a little tickled by the fact that the first two people to call for met to stay in are people I think he's scum with :laugh:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

So... I'm posting too much... and that's bad because...

Use the time allocated to counting posts more productively

It's bad because all you are doing is producing noise.

For someone who complained about people not producing content, you sure are producing a lot of non-content posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Mafia edit - And yes, I'm sure those 60 seconds it took for me to scroll down two pages wouldn't have been wasted elsewhere. :rolleyes:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

how can you read the last 3 pages and not see content there :psyduck:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have

- claimed
- claimed a result
- dissected a player
- extended suspicions

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't think Met quits this game as town, or if he thought I was actually scum

I don't think Fluck and Anarc coming in thread to ask him back is innocent

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Because half of it is from you in an overly aggressive and demanding posting rampage.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

I have

- claimed
- claimed a result
- dissected a player
- extended suspicions

And none of this can be taken at face value. So it's all just a bunch of poo poo you are throwing at a wall trying to see what is going to stick with the other players.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

And none of this can be taken at face value. So it's all just a bunch of poo poo you are throwing at a wall trying to see what is going to stick with the other players.

If your standard for what can be taken at face value is coming from confirmed town you're always going to be playing catchup. Surely you can see how this is the wrong lane to take.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

This is mafia! Nothing anyone posts can be taken at face value. Maybe Taste is lying or being disingenuous or trying to drive the narrative or set an agenda. He's producing lots of content to help us determine that. Saying he's producing nothing but noise is pure applesauce. Don't complain about posters producing content, complains about posters not.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Content is not god's honest truth. It's things happening and players committing to ideas and arguments. Scum or town can generate content.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tremendous Taste posted:

If your standard for what can be taken at face value is coming from confirmed town you're always going to be playing catchup. Surely you can see how this is the wrong lane to take.

It's not confirmed. It's simply you saying that PMom is town which may or may not be a flawed conclusion.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Taste these are some reasons I think you're being a dick.

Your lame "you insulted people for bad play in this game once" is immediately undermined by the fact I murdered my scum teammates in that game and suddenly you're looking at it as me trying to defend myself instead of throwing your trash accusation out

Met, you don't count.

If you want to talk like you got a big cock you better back it up chump

You made poo poo up and have retreated into a qq meta mess about it

The fact you won't even engage or quote a single person calling me scum is shameful af

met, don't be a shithead

like I know you've been clear it's your shtick but there's a point where it's just not worth it

you take and make everything personal

playing the game aggressively isn't equivalent to sniping at people and intentionally being an rear end in a top hat to stay alive

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

It's not confirmed. It's simply you saying that PMom is town which may or may not be a flawed conclusion.

that's what I'm saying aaaah

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oops, read that wrong. You aren't confirmed town either. It's just something you've said.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Taste these are some reasons I think you're being a dick.

Your lame "you insulted people for bad play in this game once" is immediately undermined by the fact I murdered my scum teammates in that game and suddenly you're looking at it as me trying to defend myself instead of throwing your trash accusation out

Met, you don't count.

If you want to talk like you got a big cock you better back it up chump

You made poo poo up and have retreated into a qq meta mess about it

The fact you won't even engage or quote a single person calling me scum is shameful af

met, don't be a shithead

like I know you've been clear it's your shtick but there's a point where it's just not worth it

you take and make everything personal

playing the game aggressively isn't equivalent to sniping at people and intentionally being an rear end in a top hat to stay alive

attacking bad opinions =/= being a dick

being a dick is making personal insults or intentionally upsetting people and being nasty to stay alive in games, which is what met has stated is his play as town or scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is mafia! Nothing anyone posts can be taken at face value. Maybe Taste is lying or being disingenuous or trying to drive the narrative or set an agenda. He's producing lots of content to help us determine that. Saying he's producing nothing but noise is pure applesauce. Don't complain about posters producing content, complains about posters not.

I know that nothing can be taken at face value, which is why I find Taste listing the things he has done to be suspicious. And yes, while he is producing some content, he is also producing a shitload of noise.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I know that nothing can be taken at face value, which is why I find Taste listing the things he has done to be suspicious. And yes, while he is producing some content, he is also producing a shitload of noise.

Even if I was making 90% noise that's more content than the rest of the game right now

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Tremendous Taste posted:

attacking bad opinions =/= being a dick

being a dick is making personal insults or intentionally upsetting people and being nasty to stay alive in games, which is what met has stated is his play as town or scum

calling someone a shithead == attacking bad opinions??

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

calling someone a shithead == attacking bad opinions??

I'm telling him not to be a shithead, where he intentionally insults and upsets people to stay alive in games

like when you say to someone "don't be an rear end in a top hat" it's not the same as saying "gently caress you, rear end in a top hat"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

again, if the response to "don't be an rear end in a top hat" is a complete meltdown, well

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rereading the Taste Met fight, I think part of what happened was they were arguing past each other.

Met posted that Taste was acting suspiciously in lock-step with PMom and when Taste countered that, Met sarcastically claimed that Taste was confirmed town.

Taste seemed to take that response as if other people had thought Taste was scum and asked Met to back up his opinion.

Met read those posts as confirming Taste as scum and saw no reason to directly engage.

Finally, Taste saw Met's lack of response as falling back on a failed attack and so pushed harder.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

garthoneeye posted:

Rereading the Taste Met fight, I think part of what happened was they were arguing past each other.

Met posted that Taste was acting suspiciously in lock-step with PMom and when Taste countered that, Met sarcastically claimed that Taste was confirmed town.

Taste seemed to take that response as if other people had thought Taste was scum and asked Met to back up his opinion.

Met read those posts as confirming Taste as scum and saw no reason to directly engage.

Finally, Taste saw Met's lack of response as falling back on a failed attack and so pushed harder.

I pretty much agree with this, but I will add that I thought that Taste was being a bit aggressive and demanding in his defense and it has left a bad taste in my mouth.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't have any sympathy for a guy who goes out to upset people for his own benefit. If he can't take pressure he shouldn't play the way he does.

If you all would prefer that I replace out I'll do that.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its very depressing to see people get so angry with each other over an otherwise fun game.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't have any sympathy for a guy who goes out to upset people for his own benefit. If he can't take pressure he shouldn't play the way he does.

If you all would prefer that I replace out I'll do that.

I wish for no one to step out, scum or town. Just be chill, guys!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Rules
  • Don't go against the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is inviting and fun.
  • Be nice!
  • :chillpill:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not mad

I'm just not sorry

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don't think anyone is asking for you to quit, Taste.

You mentioned that Met's strategy is to personally attack people, was that stated in one of his previous games? I didn't see him claim it when I quickly looked through his posts this game.

That may be what has colored other player's reads on your posts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yes, it's been a thing.

I know people aren't looking for me to quit but I don't want to mire the game in ~~drama~~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yes, it's been a thing.

I know people aren't looking for me to quit but I don't want to mire the game in ~~drama~~

Quit making posts like this and engaging in the meta-conversation about your behaviour and you'll be fine.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One of my issues with that whole Met/TT dust up is that TT claims that Met is posting just to intentionally insult and upset people (and maybe he does in other games), but the only people Met 'attacked' earlier today were PMom and TT.

And I don't really think that Met was being insulting in any of his posts. If anything TT is the one that comes off looking extremely defensive by being overly aggressive and insulting/upsetting Met. So it really seems like the only person that Met has upset was TT and then he went on a posting rampage.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I think Met's play in previous games must have influenced Taste's response.

I couldn't make sense of Taste's aggression as a new player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Again, there needs to be a distinction between aggressive play and mean play.

I was aggressively scum hunting, where you attack the opinion/behavior. I don't attack posters.

And that's the last I'll say on it.

• Locked thread