Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

You have to shoot them in the leg (arm might work too) but I always have the M9 out and can't switch to the SOCOM fast enough before they tackle me.

You can point the guns at their heads and dicks too, without having to change weapon/shoot. Just a little decade old gamer tip from yours truly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh yeah, tough guy, how's a bullet in the ball bags sound?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can point the guns at their heads and dicks too, without having to change weapon/shoot. Just a little decade old gamer tip from yours truly.

I'm talkin about the dudes who just taunt you if you point the gun at their heads or nut's.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eeeeasy money.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

Eeeeasy money.

Seal Team 10 ftw.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm talkin about the dudes who just taunt you if you point the gun at their heads or nut's.

I forgot about those guys. I thought that regular guys gave up when you pointed at them and toughs were resistant until the threat of dick destruction...it's been too long since I played these games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I forgot about those guys. I thought that regular guys gave up when you pointed at them and toughs were resistant until the threat of dick destruction...it's been too long since I played these games.

There's no time like the present

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Seal Team 10 ftw.

I feel like they had one actor do "different" voices for all of the members.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

There's no time like the present

I'm going to get a ps3 later this year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also lmao @ the Seal Team 10 member who shoots his AR wildly in a circle for 45 seconds after his partner is killed.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Virtuous Mission Commence

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm going to get a ps3 later this year.

Good luck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Virtuous Mission Commence

And remember Snake, this is a sneaking mission.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat I absolutely love everything about MGS2 except like, actually playing it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm going to start MGS3 tomorrow. :win: :shibe:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm going to start MGS3 tomorrow. :win: :shibe:

It's the best game ever made.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to be cool in 5 to 7 years when all the VR aspects of MGS1/2 are relevant as well, along with all the insanely accurate themes about rampant internet usage.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Im' thinking about doing the VR Missions before I start on MGS2 but obviously I'm going to have to beat this retarded 2nd Sniper Wolf fight first... I think I'm just going to shoot her with a bunch of Nikitas.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I am DEFINITELY doing all of the MGS2 VR missions before I start on 3, vbecause those are epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Im' thinking about doing the VR Missions before I start on MGS2 but obviously I'm going to have to beat this retarded 2nd Sniper Wolf fight first... I think I'm just going to shoot her with a bunch of Nikitas.

The Nikita cheese is the way to go.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People always complain about 4 having too many cutscenes, but I think 2 has less gameplay per cutscene.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My MGS1 file didn't save.. what the f.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It's going to be cool in 5 to 7 years when all the VR aspects of MGS1/2 are relevant as well, along with all the insanely accurate themes about rampant internet usage.

He's right about everything

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

My MGS1 file didn't save.. what the f.

That sucks. How far were you

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

That sucks. How far were you

I was in the first room.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think I need to "Assign Slot", for the virtual memory card. And then I have to call Mei Ling? Hrhrhm.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know it's been said before, but playing as the boss in world war 2 and her squad would be loving awesome and she is sexy and I love her

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I think I need to "Assign Slot", for the virtual memory card. And then I have to call Mei Ling? Hrhrhm.

Yes, you have to call Mei Ling to save the game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Raiden is the second best video game protagonist of all time.

who's the first?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I know it's been said before, but playing as the boss in world war 2 and her squad would be loving awesome and she is sexy and I love her

I think so too, but really, I never want to actually play a game as The Boss. It would spoil her life, I think. Her presentation in 3 is enough, really, and the ghost of her influence is present in everything after, which is good enough for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually that's why I stopped playing peace Walker when I first tried it. The idea that The Boss might be alive seemed so cheap to me, and I didn't want her to actually return. Thankfully I don't think she does after playing MGSV so I'm excited to experience Peace Walker for the first time later this month.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

who's the first?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I understand that... But I think zero cloned the drat Boss in MGS5

I think just playing as someone in her squad, maybe not her... I dunno that story era is just so ripe for Kojima. Shame he was fired. Maybe it's for the best to have the story end instead of go on forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I understand that... But I think zero cloned the drat Boss in MGS5

I think just playing as someone in her squad, maybe not her... I dunno that story era is just so ripe for Kojima. Shame he was fired. Maybe it's for the best to have the story end instead of go on forever

Yeah. V is perfectly poised to wrap up everything, since the only gap left is the change over between Big Boss and Snake. Honestly playing MGS1 got me more excited than playing Ground Zeroes, because I remember how many insanely interesting characters and stories are mentioned and talked about in passing during the boss monologues in MGS1.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the stories being told... The legends... We will experience in MGS5

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

big boss is so dreamy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

the stories being told... The legends... We will experience in MGS5

General MGS spoilers for those first time players:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

60 days, btw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol stillman gets mad if you knock on the pantry door for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
:yeah:

• Locked thread