Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

C.P.A.N. posted:

Meat and egg. Read the recipe.

I really wasn't horrified until the tin of spaghetti.

2 lb tin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

C.P.A.N. posted:

Yeah, it was the spaghetti that threw me too. It was not looking half bad up until that point.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
What on earth are "crushed cheese jatz"?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pookel posted:

What on earth are "crushed cheese jatz"?

Aussie crackers, apparently.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bringmyfishback posted:

"Who ordered the biomorphic abstraction platter?"

Mooooddds

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Yeah bro math is hard

E: unless ounce means something different in Aussie

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Now I'm wondering if "spaghetti" implies just the noodles, or also the sauce, in Australia.

Also, disappointed that the "steak" in the title is "minced steak" aka ground beef.

Don't think I've ever seen anything with "steak and eggs" in the name that was less appetizing.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

C.P.A.N. posted:

Yeah bro math is hard

E: unless ounce means something different in Aussie

Oops

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
gently caress SI units anyways

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

pookel posted:

Now I'm wondering if "spaghetti" implies just the noodles, or also the sauce, in Australia.

Also, disappointed that the "steak" in the title is "minced steak" aka ground beef.

Don't think I've ever seen anything with "steak and eggs" in the name that was less appetizing.

I'm hoping it refers to canned spaghetti with sauce. I can't comprehend just a tin of noodles.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

This popped up in a 60s and 70s advertisement Facebook group.

Christ. Just look at the recipe.

I'm a child of the 60s and 70s and I never, ever had to eat crap like that.

What the hell are Cheese Jatz Biscuits? Googling suggests maybe some kind of cheesy Ritz cracker that's been discontinued.

Fake E: Pookel and Samizdata already discussed this. Apparently it's an Australian cracker.

I don't see a cheesy version though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

"Tried baking chicken with sprinkles on it, kinda good "

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

It was good.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

japanese pizza with corn, mayo and nori?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I expected fried bugs, I am very disappointed

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Quiche pizza?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

"Tried baking chicken with sprinkles on it, kinda good "

The red bathroom candle on the table makes it.

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

japanese pizza with corn, mayo and nori?

Don't forget the BBQ chicken and a sweet & salty sauce. Something something pizza hitler, you guys know the drill.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Wanamingo posted:

McDonalds has had some less than spectacular food ideas.

This was posted a few pages ago, but what the hell is this? It looks like someone dumped canned corn into the leftover broth from a ramen noodle cup.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

This was posted a few pages ago, but what the hell is this? It looks like someone dumped canned corn into the leftover broth from a ramen noodle cup.

It's apparently McDonald's corn soup, which is served as an alternative to fries in Taiwan.

I thought it might be some sort of McDonald's version of esquites in broth, but I was wrong (also, no mayonnaise or chile).

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

:itwaspoo: (chocolate covered bananas)

Fish head curry

Some kind of meat? Looks stringy and gross to me

When I looked at the thumbnail, I assumed the pizza was mouldy

This was called "placenta stir fry" (it's not, it's pancakes and syrup) but it reminded me of the chocolate vomit a boxer dog brought up all over my boss' scrub pants. They'll tell you chocolate vomit smells good. It doesn't.

Some pre-digested looking stuff. Probably salad/stew

The saddest of salads

Please god wash your dishes

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Roro posted:

Please god wash your dishes

Braised endive and meat lump.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

It that's that St. Bernard's meal, he's probably pretty happy about it.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
A lot of Indian food looks pretty appetizing, but some of it just can't help but look like a variety of chunky diarrhea. This is baingan bhartha, a smoky eggplant dish that's absolutely delicious.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Roro posted:

Some pre-digested looking stuff. Probably salad/stew

Pretty sure that's popcorn.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

PubicMice posted:

Pretty sure that's popcorn.

Nah son, that's not popcorn unless it's some organic vegetable popcorn.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

A lot of Indian food looks pretty appetizing, but some of it just can't help but look like a variety of chunky diarrhea. This is baingan bhartha, a smoky eggplant dish that's absolutely delicious.

Baingan Bhartha is delicious. Rarely do you see a dish that looks exactly the same coming out of your body as it did going in, a most elegant symmetry.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Would, but oh god.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

cowboythreespeech posted:

Would, but oh god.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

cowboythreespeech posted:

Would, but oh god.

No pictures, but when I was in art school (:shepicide:) I knew a girl who made a very realistic baby-shaped loaf of bread for a final project. She put it in a crib, then set a bunch of feeder mice at it. Incredibly disturbing, and the building had a mouse problem for years afterwards.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

" Put a few more slices of butter on top of the noodles. "

I used to go to my friends house, and they would spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on angel-hair pasta with just salt and pepper and it was super satisfying. brb, buying ICBINB.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Crow Jane posted:

No pictures, but when I was in art school (:shepicide:) I knew a girl who made a very realistic baby-shaped loaf of bread for a final project. She put it in a crib, then set a bunch of feeder mice at it. Incredibly disturbing, and the building had a mouse problem for years afterwards.

I love this story.

Anyway, Subway has a lobster roll out now.

:toot: I will finally contribute to a field trip tomorrow.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Captain Lavender posted:

I used to go to my friends house, and they would spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on angel-hair pasta with just salt and pepper and it was super satisfying. brb, buying ICBINB.

Just use actual butter, it's much better and not particularly weird to have a bowl of buttered noodles from time to time. Fatty, but not weird. poo poo, add a little parmesan and garlic and you've got a proper dish if you eat it in moderation as part of a full meal.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Fry some bacon and add an egg to the noodles with some cracked pepper and you have carbonara!

Ed: the lesson is, try slightly harder and eat real food.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pookel posted:

Not normally, but that says a tin of spaghetti, which is a whole different thing. It's basically really soft, mushy spaghetti in sauce similar to what baked beans come in. It's often served on toast for breakfast, like baked beans.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So basically Spaghetti-O's.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

C.P.A.N. posted:

Is there vomit on your sweater already?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Not normally, but that says a tin of spaghetti, which is a whole different thing. It's basically really soft, mushy spaghetti in sauce similar to what baked beans come in. It's often served on toast for breakfast, like baked beans.

Jesus do you people put every single canned food on toast?

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

McSpergin posted:

Is there vomit on your sweater already?

It's July. Why would I be wearing a sweater?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Danger Mahoney posted:

Jesus do you people put every single canned food on toast?
What else are you going to do with the canned slop?
In my family the tinned spaghetti was for the siblings that didn't like beans. They're conveniently right next to each other on the supermarket shelves.

• Locked thread